LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Adult Baby Diapers
BBoy

AB vs DL are they different?

AB vs DL are they different?   41 members have voted

1. 1. Should the term 'Diaper Lover' be specific to people who enjoy wearing without wanting to be a baby?

• Yes a DL is different because I don't want to imitate a baby! I'm just a guy/girl in a diaper
    • No! ABs are also DLs. If you like to wear diapers, no matter the reason you are a DL

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 posts in this topic

Sure to stir some feelings but what is your opinion? Should the term DL be specific to people who enjoy wearing without wanting to be a baby? Should there be a specific name for people who don't affiliate with wanting to be a baby or pretend to take on babyish qualities?

I never thought there was any doubt about the distinction between a DL & an AB.  Personally, AB role play holds no attraction for me.  I just prefer diapers as my normal underwear and the convenience of using them.

6 hours ago, BBoy said:

Should the term DL be specific to people who enjoy wearing without wanting to be a baby? Should there be a specific name for people who don't affiliate with wanting to be a baby or pretend to take on babyish qualities?

I thought DL already meant that.

I've always thought of AB & DL being two different fetishes, but because they often intertwine with each other the two got stuck together.

I think most people just pick the one that suits them, I've seen people who just identify as DL without the AB part such as Craisler who posted on this thread above me.

Also sorry to be a pest but I think a simple "yes" or "no" answer for the poll would be better

Yes a DL is different because I don't want to imitate a baby! I'm just a guy/girl in a diaper

What if someone thinks a DL is different to AB but imitates being a baby? 

Maybe true....

Whilst maybe not as common, I'm sure I've heard of some who age-play as AB without diapers

Many babies are diaper lovers, so they are of course ABDLs

Those of us that only like diapers and not the AB is Diaper Lovers

I am, have always been and always will be a DL.  I have absolutely no interest at all in AB stuff or acting like a baby or being treated like a baby.  No interest in humiliation, embaressment, domination, being babied, baby clothes, bottles or anything like that.  Therefore, I am a DL, Diaper Lover.  Those who like baby stuff, being babied and all I have just mentioned relating to that are considered AB or Adult Babies.  Therefore, as it currently seems to be, if you are a lover of wearing diapers but not of any baby play, you are a DL.  If you are a person who likes regression, baby clothes and acting like a baby with someone to dominate you, roll play as your mommy or daddy, then you are an AB or Adult Baby.  Even if you love wearing diapers as part of your play as a baby, I would still consider you as an AB.  If you seem to be equally interested in both diapers and baby play, or if sometimes you like the roll play and regression of baby play while other times you are a normal adult who just likes wearing diapers, then you might classify yourself as AB/DL.  The term DL should be specifically for those who like wearing diapers but don't do any baby play.  Even DL's who may cross over a bit and enjoy a pacifier or onesie now and then but are mostly diaper lovers should be considered as DL, not AB.

To me, you can be an AB, a DL, or an ABDL.

Some people like ageplay without diapers but still like the "baby age" tendencies (I know many people like this). So not all ABs are DLs.

Many DLs don't like to ageplay at all and just wanna relax in a diaper. DLs aren't ABs always. 

You can like ageplay and like the diaper aspect, and that would make you an ABDL. In my opinion anyway. 

But no matter what, I say let the individual person be the one to label themselves, not you. 

I am not A AB or A DL I need too wear

If you enjoy wearing diapers, you are a DL. I think incontinent people can be DLs too if they enjoy them and wouldn't give them up if they had the option or if they were turned on by them and liked pooping and peeing in them. I think ABs are DLs if they also enjoy diapers. Now one can be DL and not be an AB if they have no interest in anything related to AB such as bottles or pacifiers and cribs and rompers and other AB clothes and being taken care of. No I don't think watching children shows or cartoons or coloring or liking any childish stuff makes one AB or otherwise a bunch of none DLs would be ABs. 

I agree with everyone on AB, DL, and ABDL.  I have been DL for 50+ years and finally admitted I was AB 18 yrs ago.

I feel "admitted" is more accurate than "became" because I always desired to "be diapered" by a loving mommy, not just diaper myself.

What do you think about that distinction?

I agree with most of the posted above.  As a DL myself, I don't have any fascination/attachment with baby objects.  I like to live my life exactly the same, just with some cozy thick padding.  Weather I walk around with wet or dry pants is my private business.

I've tried to use bottles, pacifiers, etc. and all that stuck was an attachment towards sucking on a  pacifier, and that could be because I was reluctant to get rid of mine as a youngling.

i agree with much of what was said here already. DL's are people that simply like wearing and using their diapers with little to no desire to act or dress like an infant or youngin'. i find myself as just that. i've tried a few things, but not to the extent of littleamytheil, mainly because nothing appealed to me. no pacifiers, bottles, booties, the only thing i found i like is a onesy and perhaps some sort of pj's :P

As I suspect is the case with many folk I don't fit into either category. In fact, I'm more of that "/" in AB/DL than an either/or in what may be a false dichotomy

just because ab's are also dl's doesnt not mean dl's are also ab's, as your questions seem to imply.

here i made a diagram to explain what i mean

f5XIaXP.png

1 person likes this

I took the survey :) One thing about titles and labels ,, they don't quite fit everyone , we are all so truly unique and don't always fit properly into a box . I see myself as a little ,, my little age is 5 ish . I don't fit into that ab box . I do like diapers and I do like things ,, activities that relate to my little age . I remember a good number of years ago the term / label  " Little" came about . It seemed to me at the time because adult babys, AB , AD/DL had a title but anyone above that age didn't . Little seemed to fit me better . Kidult works too .  Now it seems that "Littles" is freely used and  encompasses anyone that is a ageplayer under the age of tween , teen / middle age .

I like your set diagram, diapersalways, but I think it's actually a little more complicated.

You need two intersecting circles - one is "DL" and the other is "little"; and the intersection between the two is "AB" - i.e. people who are both "little" and diaper lovers. But there are diaper lovers who are not AB (in the DL circle, but outside the intersection); and there are those of us who are "little" but not DL (in the "little" circle, but outside the intersection).

I can't draw the diagram on da pooter, though - I don't know how cos I'm only little. So you'll have to draw that ...

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Abi said:

I like your set diagram, diapersalways, but I think it's actually a little more complicated.

You need two intersecting circles - one is "DL" and the other is "little"; and the intersection between the two is "AB" - i.e. people who are both "little" and diaper lovers. But there are diaper lovers who are not AB (in the DL circle, but outside the intersection); and there are those of us who are "little" but not DL (in the "little" circle, but outside the intersection).

I can't draw the diagram on da pooter, though - I don't know how cos I'm only little. So you'll have to draw that ...

well i didnt want to include groups that the OP did not mention, for the sake of simplicity.

but since u asked hows this one?

omIoBzp.jpg

there are some littles that like diapers, there are some littles that dont, there are even some littles that occasionally engage in AB play as well,

and there are even (though rarest) some AB's that dont like diapers. so i think that diagram should be more accurate yeah?

1 person likes this

Yes, I have no desire to be treated like or act like a baby.  I just love to wear diapers 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, DLBiker said:

Yes, I have no desire to be treated like or act like a baby.  I just love to wear diapers 

Same here I have to wear them and soon learned to enjoy them. I couldn't imagine not being in nappies now. I have no problem with the AB scene at all it's just not for me.