LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

When taping your Diaper top or bottom first?

I always used to tape the top first, then I read here in these forums many members say it works better to tape the bottom tapes first.  I started doing that and for me it seems to work much betterm so that is how I do it now.  I may still have to adjust a tape when done, but that's not a big deal.  I diaper myself free standing, never need to lean against a wall.  Bottom left tape first, then bottom right.  Top left and then top right.  I have no issues when I pull my diaper up between my legs holding the bottom left corner in front while taping it in place.  Once that first tape in on the rest is easy.

I've seen a lot of debate on this topic. People seem to be adamantly in one camp or the other. When I started out, I used to go top first, but after reading that a lot of people go the other way, I decided to try that. I think that I get a better result when I snug the lower tabs first, then the top ones. I generally go lower left, lower right, upper left, upper right. But it's not a matter of life or death, although a poor fit on the lower tabs will precipitate leaks when sitting or standing, because they control the restriction around the legs. A less-than-perfect waist fit is more tolerable, unless you're lying down. 

• Like 1

I always tape the bottom tapes first as it get the diaper in the proper position around my legs and prevents it from falling down. A little adjustment is often needed after taping the upper tapes.

• Like 2

If I change while standing, I start with the bottom tapes first. If changing while laying down, I usually do the top tapes first. I don't think there's any special method or secret sauce as to which tapes should be first. It probably comes down to each person's preference and body.

I always do Bottom right, Bottom Left, Top Right Top Left.  This is because you have to make sure you wont leave a HUGE gap in the openings, so that you don't have a leak to mess with.  However, I always have to make sire I am not sealing it so TIGHT that it cuts into my tummy, or causes chaffing, or redness ;)  If you do the bottom tapes first, you can also make sure your "assets" are pointed DOWN, and are in between the leak guards, so you don't have a leak due to the assets being close to the edge or on the OUTSIDE of the leak guards -THAT can suck, and can make a mess :(

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
Added Additional Information
  • Like 1

See, this is why it's always good to have a Mommy or a Daddy. They ALWAYS know how to get a diapie on right for their little one!??☺️??♥️?♥️?☺️??????????♥️????

I tape the diaper in the following order: Bottom right, top right, bottom left, top left.

I have the top tapes pointing down a bit and the tapes at the bottom pointing a bit up. Also if you leave the lower tapes a little loose and the the top tapes as tight as possible you will prevent chafing of the diaper on the inner thighs.

This pic shows best how I tape my diapers nowadays.

42329EF9-012E-4544-8627-8E2ED83115AD.jpeg.bd922f95190af6bb11eef6c5f7d84dad.jpeg

• Like 2

I’ve never given this much though but I do bottom tapes first, I largely change laying down as I never feel like I’ve gotten a good fit standing.

Honestly tho, do what ever feels right to you, it doesn’t actually matter 

• Like 1

I always tape the bottom first, left side first then right side, then the top left side first followed by the top right. The reason I do the bottom first is I can get a tight seal around each leg then when I do the top tapes I pull the diaper upwards and the wings outward and do those tapes. I found when the top tapes are put on first you can't pull the diaper tight because the legs will be pulled up and leave gaps. The reason I do the left side first is habit from my cloth night diapers. I'm right handed so when I pin the left side it's easier to get it pinned while the diaper is loose. When I pin my right side it's easy to pull everything snug and pin because it's my dominant hand ?. If I were left handed I'd do the opposite.

Hugs,

Freta

• Like 3
On 4/4/2022 at 11:28 AM, Little Sherri said:

I've seen a lot of debate on this topic. People seem to be adamantly in one camp or the other. When I started out, I used to go top first, but after reading that a lot of people go the other way, I decided to try that. I think that I get a better result when I snug the lower tabs first, then the top ones. I generally go lower left, lower right, upper left, upper right. But it's not a matter of life or death, although a poor fit on the lower tabs will precipitate leaks when sitting or standing, because they control the restriction around the legs. A less-than-perfect waist fit is more tolerable, unless you're lying down. 

That method seems to work the best for me too. Never was able to do it laying down; leaning against something didn't work very good either. So free-standing it is. Hope the balance doesn't go to hell as I age...

• Like 1

Being care dependent ,diaper dependent , wheelchair dependent means I absolutely depend on a good seal at my legs for primary protection , so my aides adjust smooth and fasten my lower tabs first ,my bloomers are best secondary containment but due to diapers  being diapers ,leaking ,tab popping , tab placement or just because it’s a bad day in the universe etc  I will sometimes be filling any gap without really knowing it until my aide puts me down and starts changing my diaper , since there is truth in gravity I seldom leak over the top however when I do it’s always large volume of stool ,I am always parked up for better dissipation of wetness and I am not a pressure leak fire hose more of a lasy river always flowing .

On 4/5/2022 at 12:15 PM, cathdiap said:

I tape the diaper in the following order: Bottom right, top right, bottom left, top left.

I have the top tapes pointing down a bit and the tapes at the bottom pointing a bit up. Also if you leave the lower tapes a little loose and the the top tapes as tight as possible you will prevent chafing of the diaper on the inner thighs.

I also noticed that the backside of my diaper is following the crack of my butt better if I tape it in crossed directions. This helps a little to keep it less visible under jeans. A bit like this:

20120919_103300_zps87dfc6f8.thumb.jpg.86270abbb401a5d50416957581e92502.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, diaperguy85 said:

bottom right, bottom left, top right, top left

That ALMOST sounds like a video game code to unlock god mode!?????????????♥️??????? LOL!?????☺️?

3 minutes ago, BabySpiderBoy said:

That ALMOST sounds like a video game code to unlock god mode!?????????????♥️??????? LOL!?????☺️?

bottom right, bottom left, A, B, START, top right, top left, B, A, SELECT, START in the menu screen gets you unlimited ammo, i forget what the code for god mode is lol!!

• Haha 1
On 4/5/2022 at 4:15 AM, cathdiap said:

@cathdiap, your depiction above is exactly how I do mine. 'nuff said IMO.

On 4/24/2022 at 8:27 PM, diaperguy85 said:

bottom right, bottom left, top right, top left

Exactly what my wife does!