LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Do you risk it?

You wake up in the middle of the night needing to pee. Your diaper is soaked and you don't know if it can take another wetting. Do you risk leaking and let it go, or do you change or use the toilet?

My diaper is good for at least 12 hours, more likely 14., maybe 16. I was diapered at 7 PM,  it is no 1 AM.I have on 3 rubber panties, I have only wet 3 times and they were little ones and this will be a  medium one at the most. What risk?

No decision to make - I just wet.  I'm generally in a thick terry nappy with an extra soaker at night, which can pretty much handle anything.  And we've got mattress protection as well.  Night-time is baby time for me.

I’d get up, bathroom, and do a change. I spent enough time, with lasting impressions, as a child in a wet bed. If the mattress was protected, I might consider risking, my diaper would handle it. 

As long as you've got mattress protection, which most nappy wearers will have, just answer nature's call in your warm comfortable bed, trust your nappy to take care of it, and if it doesn't quite manage it, let the mattress protector do its job!

Assuming I can't get away with cloth, I wear "insurance" over my disposable in bed: a double-terry lined Kins vinyl pant.  It's pretty bulky and not visually subtle but I'm in bed anyway so it doesn't matter.  If my nappy leaks, I will have to wash the lined waterproof pant in the morning but that's the worst of it.  Any leaks out of that are very, very minor and wouldn't of themselves trigger a bedding change.

On 3/6/2021 at 1:31 PM, Jamesfull said:

get up change and then fall asleep again.

That's what I do.  If my diaper is leaking and I know it, I can't fall back asleep.

Wet sheets for me get too cold and keep me awake.  I know there have been time that for some reason, in my sleep, I will remove the diaper and then wake up peeing without the diaper on.  Sometimes I can stop before it gets too bad, sometimes not.

Been there done that. Waking up in a soggy diaper AND needing to go....... again, is distracting. So I just get up, change and go back to bed. Why loose sleep over a potential leak or wet sheets etc. 

I avoid this though, by wearing heavier diapers ( doubled up cloth) or mega max's or better drys. I sleep well with out worry and pee freely!! ???

Rather than “let it go”, waking soaked with the urge I do one of two things.

First, I often release a small amount to relieve the pressure and go back to sleep.  Granted, there’s a chance the rest will come out while I’m asleep and leak into the bedding.  To my thinking that’s ok because I didn’t purposely wet.

Other times, like last night, I use the toilet and back to bed in the soaked diaper.  Or, if it’s getting towards morning, after using the toilet I sometimes go without for the last hour or two before getting up for the day.

Heck to the NO on Risking it I sleep on the couch and would not go over well with my stepdad if I pissed the couch.  Plus I hardly wear a diaper to bed any longer.  The day will come when I get to wear all the time.  Though I would be heavily diapered when that comes about.

@Evelyn Dellcerro Your thoughts on this one?