• 3 replies
    • 1.3k views
  7. Adult Day Care

• 2 replies
    • 1.7k views
  • Current Donation Goals

• NorthShore Daily Diaper Ads - 250x250.gif

• abdl diaper hypnosis square.png

• Makes sense.  I have also had a couple of accounts breached over the last couple of years.  Close the accounts, set up new ones with new passwords-- it's all a hassle.  It certainly could happen here, and it's easy to see why our AB/DL members would be skittish.  
    • Privacy. Most people do not want their embarrassing secrets out there. Many times sites/databases, even for companies like CapitalOne, AT&T, and others, get hacked, and their names, email addresses, driver's licenses, social security numbers, etc., get out. I know I've got at least two of those breaches that have happened to me recently. Imagine a site like this probably wouldn't have as solid of security as a major corporation like that, which means it's one hack from everyone knowing your real name and what you're into.  To be fair, I have that same paranoia when I buy diapers and ABDL gear...  Still, I'm sure you can see how that would cause a lot of pause there! I'm guessing a 3rd party might be able to come up with a solution (and I think there are some out there already). 
    • As an admittedly low tech person, I can only ask: is it difficult or expensive to install an ID, age verified firewall on a site like this?  I'm puzzled as to why this hasn't been done proactively.
    • Most notable in recent memory was Patreon kicking off nearly every ABDL author. (There's a couple still somehow that I'm not sure how they survived....?) WattPad is only the next one. Patreon was probably related to investor issues it seemed like. I truly think WattPad is making changes to be in line with some of the 'decency' laws that are being put into place. In the US, Texas is one state that is making it mandatory that adult content be only allowed after checking ID is verified for age. There's a suit that the Supreme Court refused to grant a stay while it runs through the appeals courts today. Any site that has any US ties is likely to get sued by that State AG with as much of an aggressive stance as he's taken. Case in point: a site like WattPad, if they have adult content, could inevitably end up in the middle. The odd thing for WattPad is they are a Canadian-owned site, though. I don't think AO3 will initially get caught up in the suits, but this site might draw attention. I don't think many people even consider hosting things like this in a state like Texas, but they'll go after people out of state. They've already tried doing that for medical records of transgender patients that they think are underage and getting treatment.  The annoying thing to me is I don't ever go into detail on sex in my works so that I consider my novels to be way less steamy than most romance books. That being said, we all know how it goes when ABDL sites get attention.