LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What is your average monthly expenditure on disposable diapers, cloth diapers (incl washing costs) and plastic pants?

What is your average monthly expenditure on diapers?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What is your average monthly expenditure on diapers?

• $ 0
    • $ 1 -> $ 50
    • $ 51 -> $ 100
    • $ 101 -> $ 150
    • $ 151 -> $ 200
    • > $ 200

I was going to say $0....  But you want washing costs included....  However, I guess I could have said zero as the water bill is only every two months and the amount used by the diaper washing I believe has minimal impact on that, but isn't zero.  So, yes, some months it is $0.

With cloth diapers I don't have typical monthly costs.....  Occasionally costs for new protective pants, and disposables for vacations, etc. ...  (Protective pants aren't usually rubber any more, and I have trouble finding inexpensive vinyl pants like V.I. Products and Comco used to produce that worked well for me.  I'm so, so about the PUL stuff now available.  It lasts longer, but I don't like the "standard" fit that most sites have from the one main US manufacture.)    Still using cloth diapers bought in 2016 & 2018.

Ack.  Didn't catch which forum this was under.  Probably should delete this.

I can answer this quite accurately, there’s a line item in my budget and tracking for diapers. Until this morning, I’d been averaging $172 per month this year. But I just placed a huge order for the stash while something was still in stock, and will last through December (and hopefully beyond), so 2023 will close out at $203 per month. 

24/7, regular Betterdrys or XP5000 during work days, fun stuff at home and on weekends. 

• Like 1

I get almost all of my disposable diapers form second hand and church sales, yard sales etc, so as cheap as possible . I build my nites stuff, with layers of cheap stuff . I use a cloth insert, and I wash about twice a week . So I do it as cheap as I think 🤔 💭 I can. I am open to ideas anytime ..

Ideally I'd like to go cloth full time to cut down on costs once I have my own washer and dryer. But as it stands I usually only spwmd 60 a month to stay 24/7, a case of prevail airs from Carewell. Minus the bi yearly splerge on a pack or two of more fun diapers.

• Like 1

Taking advantage of rearz periodic sales to buy in mega bulk. I got 10 cases for Black Friday. 1.80 a brief for rearz inspire + mega diaper brings it to $173 a month for 3 changes. They would be 2.64 a brief at regular price and $245 a month at 3 a day. It may be expensive for the date of purchase but it saves a LOT of money in the long run.

It really varies for me.  I may wear once or twice a week at best, and I too get most of my lower end store type diapers from Goodwill and Thrift stores.  I do have premium diapers like Betterdry, Abena L4, Beyond XP5000 Trest and Molicare, but it's mostly a bag of Betterdry or Abena L4 if I run low.  It used to be a package of premium diapers would last me over a year or two.  Betterdry are my go to for premium diapers but if I go out of town running errands or Christmas shopping a few times a year, I will wear a premium diaper.  I rarely sleep in diapers but if I get the urge once in a great while, I'll use a Betterdry.  Otherwise it's low end diapers from Goodwill the couple times a week I might wear a diaper.

I did have a high rise in diaper costs this summer as I took a one week solo vacation out of state and decided I would go 24/7 the whole time.  I bought a pack of Trest diapers for $44 as I was going to be driving the first day.  I figured I could wear one most of the day due to their super high absorbency rate and find some place to change once before getting to my hotel late in the evening.  Once at my destination I was able to take quick stops back at my hotel to change diapers when needed, but 24/7 I was wearing Betterdry and Abena L4, also I wore Beyond XP5000 to bed every night.  That meant before my trip I bought a package of Trest, 2 packages of Betterdry (as I was running low and wanted some for home use), and a package of Abena L4.  My costs didn't stop there.  I bought 2 packages of double layer russle plastic pants from Provantage and also 4 new plain t-shirt style onesies so my diaper wouldn't show while visiting all the museums and tourist sites.  Those were supplies for my trip.  I also bought a heavy snap on cloth diaper and plastic pants from Provantage because they looked so cool and I needed a good contoured snap on cloth diaper.  About a month or so ago I bought a package of Lil Rebels diapers because I always wanted some.  This week I also ordered a pair of Lil Rebel's training pants.  Not because I am AB but because they look cool and I always wanted some.  I consider the plastic pants, cloth diaper, Lil Rebels diapers and training pants not to be necessities but just things I bought for myself because I wanted them.  The others were supplies I needed for my trip.  Otherwise, I might say my monthly costs fro diapers might be $5 to $10 at the most, usually less.  A pack of 24 cloth backed Attends at Goodwill costs me about $4 and will last a few months. 

I keep my expenses down as I prefer cloth diapers over disposable although I switch between them. In average I spend somewhere around $75 per month this includes washing my cloth diapers.

Ok, lets do some math 😝

1 crate of BetterDry costs me 102.8, one such crate contains 4 packs, each pack has 15 diapers.

But i also use boosters at night (Rearz), 1 pack costs 32.5 and contains 24 boosters.

Based on a average use of 3 diapers and 1 booster per day comes straight out of my windows calculator:

((102.8 / (4 * 15) * 3) + (32.5 / 24 * 1)) * 365.25 / 12 = 197.66619791666666666666666666667 per month

or 2’371.994375 per year

2 hours ago, I_am_Groot said:

Ok, lets do some math 😝

1 crate of BetterDry costs me 102.8, one such crate contains 4 packs, each pack has 15 diapers.

But i also use boosters at night (Rearz), 1 pack costs 32.5 and contains 24 boosters.

Based on a average use of 3 diapers and 1 booster per day comes straight out of my windows calculator:

((102.8 / (4 * 15) * 3) + (32.5 / 24 * 1)) * 365.25 / 12 = 197.66619791666666666666666666667 per month

or 2’371.994375 per year

Of course, you'll have to re-calculate next year...Leap Year. 😂🤣😆😁

• Haha 2
7 hours ago, I_am_Groot said:

Ok, lets do some math 😝

or 2’371.994375 per year

Ok. But how many grams of cream do you use? How much is that per gram? And an inflationary CPU of 3.5% and your 1% cash back on credit card what is your effective cost/year?

In the UK once diagnosed as incontinent you are referred to the NHS incontinence service. After completing a diary of your daily wetting you are issued with pads or slips. I get tena maxi slips for night use and comfort extra large shaped pads for daytime use. Plus I get sudocreme on prescription. ,

My monthly diaper budget is about $250 I would say. On average, I burn through about two cases a month of what I would call medium to heavy-duty diapers, things like Rearz Lil' Monsters or NorthShore's MegaMax. I wear two of those per day on average. Sprinkle in a quarter case or so of slim diapers for wearing to the gym or doctor's visits or to fill in between higher capacity diapers for short missions. I try to stock up during sales, dropping my average case cost to around $100 CAD for 36, but sometimes I splurge on a novelty product like ABU's Little Kings or Rearz Daydreamers that cost $5+ per diaper. I do not wear those regularly, though. 

Plastic pants I buy very infrequently, and they last me years, so I'm not really factoring those in. It's the same thing with cloth diapers - I wear them infrequently and they last for years. Next to the diapers themselves, diaper cream is probably my largest consumable expense related to "this" - I probably use a tub every couple of months. Baby powder seems to last for 2-3 months easily. 

At the moment I'm buying about 2-4 cases per month with varying degrees of diaper effectiveness. Since the upheaval of not getting ConfiDry 24/7 anymore I've been experimenting with BetterDry and right now the Rearz Mega Inspire+ line of diapers, as well as other slimmer lines that I can maximize with going both #1 and #2.

2 hours ago, Hannah YMS said:

At the moment I'm buying about 2-4 cases per month with varying degrees of diaper effectiveness. Since the upheaval of not getting ConfiDry 24/7 anymore I've been experimenting with BetterDry and right now the Rearz Mega Inspire+ line of diapers, as well as other slimmer lines that I can maximize with going both #1 and #2.

I'm interested in your Better Dry experience. They seem to have changed lately but I can't tell exactly what that is. It seems to be less stiff or thinner as it seems like they're leaking more.. It could be I'm peeing more too and just don[t know it. Is there any confirmation of these observations?

7 hours ago, ppdude said:

I'm interested in your Better Dry experience. They seem to have changed lately but I can't tell exactly what that is. It seems to be less stiff or thinner as it seems like they're leaking more.. It could be I'm peeing more too and just don[t know it. Is there any confirmation of these observations?

I am not sure if I can confirm your observations but the brand does seem to go through varying levels of utility. When I first tried BetterDry about two years ago they were pretty good but about a year ago they seem less sturdy and prone to leaks more, at least from my experience.

I had been using Betterdry since Confidry 24/7s ended but I'm looking at other diapers myself. The 24/7's were cut very generous and the mediums I wore had lots of overlap. I could probably have fit in smalls but the would have been tight. The Betterdrys are the opposite. I'm the same size I was but the mediums are cut so small they barely fit my thighs. They were so tight that I had tears on the back of the leg and the Fluff would be falling out. My wife wore a large and I tried hers but they were too big on me. I decided there must be something better. I just bought a bag of Abena M4's and a bag of Molicare slip maxis to try each out and see how they work. I have had them 2 days so I can't say how they will work yet.

Hugs,

Freta

Mostly a luker here, but been wearing for a about 4 years now (full time, 10+ years at night) and not really trying to untrain potty training actually, but definitely have a degraded control. 

I wear mega max to work, roughly $2.50 a diaper when at work. It's probably over kill but I don't like risking leaks at work. At home I mostly wear tena, tho I often shop around for deals, use roughly 3-4 diapers a day and would rough say I spend around $6-7 a day wearing diapers. Monthly looking at my last year of wearing was a little over $2500 total. Tho the way I track this also includes wipes, bed pads (because leaking even with a cover at night sucks), diaper pail liners, powder, rash cream etc.

It's not a cheap thing to do, but honestly it's not that bad over the year also. One thing Ive done is keep a very large stock, roughly 6 Months worth. This helps me shop for deals, along with months money may be tight.

So far, the average spending range for diapers is between $100 and $150. In my country, that equates to two to three gym memberships per month. From this perspective, it is quite expensive to use diapers instead of toilets.

On the other hand, they save me a lot of costs on shrinks and meds. That keeps things on an even keel. When it comes down to it, I prefer staying sane in diapers than going crazy without them in this boring fake reality. Being dependent on disposable diapers dampens the realisation that I am a disposable slave to this evil system that exists only to reduce our free spirits to obedient serfs.

Other than that I'm doing well. 🤪