LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I miss...

DailyDi

What do you miss from your childhood that today's kids wouldn't understand?

I miss realistic matchbox cars. They used to release models of actual everyday cars, now it's mostly monster trucks and concept cars, but when you're building a city you need less monster trucks and more Toyota's

• Like 2

I miss cartoon cartoon Fridays! From cartoon Network. And Spectacular Spider-Man from when I was a kid. And wearing diapers from when I was 6 years old, BEFORE the dreaded potty training!??? I wish I could think of more things that I miss from my childhood but I can't. I guess I'm just looking forward to making new memories and starting a new beginning.

• Like 3

I too miss the grand old Matchbox cars. Toy (especially trucks) made from steel (Tonka, Buddy L). Slot cars, Ho train sets. 
Going out to play with nothing, but still managing to be entertained till the street lights came on. We had hug rocks we played on, they were our ships, lol! A pile of pushed up dirt, was a mountain to defend. I don’t know, maybe kids still do that one? A grassy hill, and a piece of cardboard, was a summertime sledding hill. 

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Crinklz Kat said:

Toys R Us.  

Not sure kids really understand the thrill of going to a store and seeing all that stuff ... right there.....beckoning to be had.  It's just not the same shopping online. 

Anyone remember Lionel Kiddie City, or Lionel Play World? “Turn that frown upside down!” How about KB Toys? 

Where do I begin as a 63 year old?  I miss how things were simpler back then.  In the early 60's, families had one car, dad worked and mom stayed home with the kids.  You had one phone in the house and it was a rotary dial phone, usually in the kitchen.  If you did have an extension phone, it was most likely in the bedroom.  No electronics except maybe in the mid 1960's you could have got an AM transistor radio.  TV's were tube TV's, usually black and white and you had regular toys that inspired your imagination.  The matchbox cars and you could make an entire town out of them with some cardboard and imagination.  I think my favorite toy was the Thingmaker with Creepy Crawlers and all the other sets.  I remember shopping for shoes downtown at the shoe store where all they sold was shoes, maybe shoe polish and accessories.  A salesman measured your foot and brought different sizes and styles for you to try on.  No big places like Walmart and Target but there was Woolworth and even Kresge stores, the pre cursor to Kmart.  I miss going to the Saturday matinee in the huge theater that sat over 1,200 people and had a balcony.  I miss Christmas shopping with my mom when we went to the big Sears store and bought our gifts in person (or ordered them from the catalog).  I remember getting a gift for my older brother because each Christmas season Sears would put in a huge toy department with actual running trains.  Even when I was in my teens and 20's it was tradition to go out of town, usually Chicago for the day Christmas shopping, either downtown to the big stores or the shopping malls and centers in the suburbs.  I even miss the every day items around the house, like the metal breadbox, my dad's old black metal lunch box and thermos he carried to work every day.  Even the old holiday decorations my mom put up around the house when we were little!  Cardboard reindeer and snowmen on the windows and cornices, the old ornaments we hung on the tree, now long gone.  Even the Halloween decorations!  My folks had the best hiding place in the house, way back in their bedroom closet.  You see, that was where all the holiday decorations were stored and there was one cardboard jointed skeleton I was terrified of!  I wouldn't go neat that closet and they knew it!  All cherished memories now.

• Like 1

Toys R Us

the Sears Christmas catalog

Saturday Morning cartoons

Saturday afternoon monster movies

model railroading

the original Captain Crunch w/ Crunchberries ( they changed the crunchberry formal a while back, and now I can't stomach the product )

SBDs in church

PCC streetcars

Battle of the Network Stars 

Kristy McNichol in the late 70s / early 80s :wub:

6 hours ago, DailyDi said:

but when you're building a city you need less monster trucks and more Toyota's

OMG FRICKEN YES!!! Someone else who gets it!

One thing I can think of that I miss are those Peanut Butter and Jelly graham cracker sandwiches.

Another, school lunch grade plain hamburgers and the tater tots that always found their way onto mine, OMG I think Im remembering the taste of it lol!

1 hour ago, rusty pins said:

Where do I begin as a 63 year old?  I miss how things were simpler back then.  In the early 60's, families had one car, dad worked and mom stayed home with the kids.  You had one phone in the house and it was a rotary dial phone, usually in the kitchen.  If you did have an extension phone, it was most likely in the bedroom.  No electronics except maybe in the mid 1960's you could have got an AM transistor radio.  TV's were tube TV's, usually black and white and you had regular toys that inspired your imagination.  The matchbox cars and you could make an entire town out of them with some cardboard and imagination.  I think my favorite toy was the Thingmaker with Creepy Crawlers and all the other sets.  I remember shopping for shoes downtown at the shoe store where all they sold was shoes, maybe shoe polish and accessories.  A salesman measured your foot and brought different sizes and styles for you to try on.  No big places like Walmart and Target but there was Woolworth and even Kresge stores, the pre cursor to Kmart.  I miss going to the Saturday matinee in the huge theater that sat over 1,200 people and had a balcony.  I miss Christmas shopping with my mom when we went to the big Sears store and bought our gifts in person (or ordered them from the catalog).  I remember getting a gift for my older brother because each Christmas season Sears would put in a huge toy department with actual running trains.  Even when I was in my teens and 20's it was tradition to go out of town, usually Chicago for the day Christmas shopping, either downtown to the big stores or the shopping malls and centers in the suburbs.  I even miss the every day items around the house, like the metal breadbox, my dad's old black metal lunch box and thermos he carried to work every day.  Even the old holiday decorations my mom put up around the house when we were little!  Cardboard reindeer and snowmen on the windows and cornices, the old ornaments we hung on the tree, now long gone.  Even the Halloween decorations!  My folks had the best hiding place in the house, way back in their bedroom closet.  You see, that was where all the holiday decorations were stored and there was one cardboard jointed skeleton I was terrified of!  I wouldn't go neat that closet and they knew it!  All cherished memories now.

Rusty, the skeleton called, he’s still waiting for you! ? ?

7 hours ago, DailyDi said:

I miss realistic matchbox cars. They used to release models of actual everyday cars, now it's mostly monster trucks and concept cars, but when you're building a city you need less monster trucks and more Toyota's

100%. My childhood collection was all "real cars" - I hated when an aunt or someone would give me a crazy funny car or a monster truck or whatever. I coveted my little BMW's and Mercedes and Toyotas and Chevy pickups. 

Another thing that kids these days probably wouldn't understand is the abject freedom we had. I grew up in the early 1980's, and I remember my 9-year-old self taking my 6-year-old brother on our bikes to a BIG shopping mall a couple of miles from our house, and just going inside and wandering around. I also took the subway downtown when I was like 10, to go look at comic books, and, we used to roam the neighbourhood from dawn until dusk, playing in dumpsters and on railway tracks, or climbing trees that were taller than the houses around them - crazy stuff. Today's kids are much more heavily supervised. And, more likely to survive to adulthood. 

We had to make our own fun as there were no mobile phones or gaming computers. 
We use way too much time on electronics, but a tablet or phone, can be a cheap babysitter.

My first phone had snake on it, in black and green.
My first PC I got when I was 19.

the weekday afternoon cartoons

saturday cartoons

sunday morning cartoons before church

probably going to church, followed by a chinese restaurant afterwords(unless i had a make-up belt test, a couple times i missed a belt test, but the sensei would let me make it up)

having to be in the same room with someone to play video games with them(nintendo, sega)

activity books for taking trips

sears and jc penny christmas catalogs

my home before the fire(a log cabin style double wide mobile home, had a fireplace which came in handy, not the cause of the fire, that was a west bend coffee maker), living close enough to walk to see my mamaw and papaw, getting a jar of canned blackberries to make cobbler or to be heated up for breakfast.

the local grocery store before it was made bigger and a gas station was added

pepsi freezes

the playboys the uncle up the hill had, without internet to see "videos" you used what you could get

and last, how much easier things was back then, those i loved were still alive, one i failed was still alive and hadnt been diagnosed yet, no real responsibilities and the worse i had(at least in summer time) was wetting the bed and not having a diaper to wear

2 hours ago, Dubious said:

We had to make our own fun as there were no mobile phones or gaming computers. 
We use way too much time on electronics, but a tablet or phone, can be a cheap babysitter.

My first phone had snake on it, in black and green.
My first PC I got when I was 19.

Or maybe we don't spend ENOUGH time on electronics!??? LOL!?? But in all seriousness though, I'm SO glad I understand the value of relationships now. And being with people and going places. Back when I was a kid I didn't want to do any of that and my family would give me a hard time for it. I was also very close-minded. But if there's one thing I've learned from isolation it's that life is more fun when you share it with someone and it's more fulfilling when you talk to people and I think that's something a person has to learn on their own to fully appreciate. And I think when you realize that by yourself it's way more fun for you. It's also a much GREATER Joy. And that's kinda funny because I never thought I would say that in a million years. LOL!???? I'm super thankful to be in the relationships that I am with people like, @ghostie @wetlilboy @Young1 @Spiderman @DiaperboyEddie12 @diaperguy @the littest bird @Pokemonfan @DailyDi @Timmybaby @lionheart33 @forever21months @foreverdl @IminWetPampers @Jamesfull @PampersABDL @Josh998 @OAB-Need2Pee @jonbearab @Enthusi @Jackk @Pete671 @tai_kamiya (tk) @DamionDiapered @B_Rotts @Apache Raccoon And especially my new big brother Tommy! @tommyneedsdiapers90 and I value every single one of them! My Spider-Friends!???☺️?❤️??️?️?❤️?? Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

I miss collecting glass pop and beer bottles for the deposits, and taking them to the candy (drug) store and buying candy ?. And penny candies.

I , we loved it too, when we wanted penny candy, we would walk around the neighborhood  ( at 5th grade and below also) pick up pop bottles and take them to the little corner store, and come back home with a sack of penny candy. Great memories ???

At age 10 we would be gone all day walking around town, it was summer time, we collected up pop bottles I think by that time they were 5 cents each. But we still got candy etc for them.

But like Ababebill  said, the playing in the dirt, with toy trucks etc, that was real fun stuff. The stuff we would have missed if we had cell phones to stare at ,,,, like soooo many kids you see in the store, grocery cart, not even a yr old playing games on mommy's phone. I think it will take away the. imagination and the thinking process will be affected with soo many hrs at a young age.

I too really Love the relationships I have made on our site, I am really glad to have a safe place to be able to comment and to ask questions that I can't even ask my wife. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BabySpiderBoy said:

Or maybe we don't spend ENOUGH time on electronics!??? LOL!?? But in all seriousness though, I'm SO glad I understand the value of relationships now. And being with people and going places. Back when I was a kid I didn't want to do any of that and my family would give me a hard time for it. I was also very close-minded. But if there's one thing I've learned from isolation it's that life is more fun when you share it with someone and it's more fulfilling when you talk to people and I think that's something a person has to learn on their own to fully appreciate. And I think when you realize that by yourself it's way more fun for you. It's also a much GREATER Joy. And that's kinda funny because I never thought I would say that in a million years. LOL!???? I'm super thankful to be in the relationships that I am with people like, @ghostie @wetlilboy @Young1 @Spiderman @DiaperboyEddie12 @diaperguy @the littest bird @Pokemonfan @DailyDi @Timmybaby @lionheart33 @forever21months @foreverdl @IminWetPampers @Jamesfull @PampersABDL @Josh998 @OAB-Need2Pee @jonbearab @Enthusi @Jackk @Pete671 @tai_kamiya (tk) @DamionDiapered @B_Rotts @Apache Raccoon And especially my new big brother Tommy! @tommyneedsdiapers90 and I value every single one of them! My Spider-Friends!???☺️?❤️??️?️?❤️?? Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!

well first time ivee been mentioned in forums ?? i miss playing with leos and star wars toys for hours on end with an infinite imagination to expand my playtime with.  On your poinnt though, Spidey, meeting friends was so much easier when we were younger. We all had places to go and make friends. I miss that, too. Ive deleted so much of my social media because idk what to do with it, yet all I want to do is meet other abdl nerds like me. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, B_Rotts said:

well first time ivee been mentioned in forums ?? i miss playing with leos and star wars toys for hours on end with an infinite imagination to expand my playtime with.  On your poinnt though, Spidey, meeting friends was so much easier when we were younger. We all had places to go and make friends. I miss that, too. Ive deleted so much of my social media because idk what to do with it, yet all I want to do is meet other abdl nerds like me. 

Holy shit!????? I had no idea you were a totally nerd!? I am too buddy! And I also miss playing with Legos and Star Wars toys too.??☺️? I'm also a HUGE diaper nerd and baby nerd!?????❤️?????❤️??

• Like 1

The playing outside during the holidays till the sun set and riding our bikes all over.Playing with my Legos and letting my imagination run wild. Life for us as kids was so much easier than it is for the kids of today,we had no cellphones or computers so we had to use our brains and imagination to keep ourselfs busy.

20 hours ago, AbabeBill said:

Rusty, the skeleton called, he’s still waiting for you! ? ?

Actually, there have been many versions of that skeleton over the years including a very mild looking one we bought when I was about 7 years old.  None were ever so scary as that original one!  I have actually found a couple on EBAY over thepast few years that were exactly like the scary one, and no, I didn't buy it!  Not because I'm still scared of it, but because I'm 63 and really have no interest in it anymore.  Just curiosity these days.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, iluvmydiapers said:

Wingfold Pampers, 

Saturday morning cartoons,

Tang, Hawaiian Punch.

What are wingfold Pampers buddy?? And I also miss Saturday morning cartoons!?? I also miss the ABC-Family and Foxkids and KidsWB channels!

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, iluvmydiapers said:

Wingfold Pampers, 

Saturday morning cartoons,

Tang, Hawaiian Punch.

Tang and Hawaiian Punch still exist.   Not sure if they're the same formula as we would have had way back.

29 minutes ago, BabySpiderBoy said:

What are wingfold Pampers buddy?? And I also miss Saturday morning cartoons!?? I also miss the ABC-Family and Foxkids and KidsWB channels!

Ah... memories... I miss them too.   Fit was absolute shit, hardly absorbent by today's standards, no such thing as refastenable tapes (once stuck - that's it!).  

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2868/12208856054_7ea31b0f10_b.jpg

15 minutes ago, Crinklz Kat said:

Ah... memories... I miss them too.   Fit was absolute shit, hardly absorbent by today's standards, no such thing as refastenable tapes (once stuck - that's it!).  

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2868/12208856054_7ea31b0f10_b.jpg

Oh okay, but why do you miss these diapies buddy if they were terrible??