LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What goes on a hotdog?

It's a big grilling weekend in the states. Which brings me to ask: What goes on a hotdog?

For me if it's a plain dog I like some ketchup. If available I always go for a chili dog or dog with meat sauce.

• Like 2

For me, it's gotta be a grilled hot dog with mustard, ketchup, and cheese and chili!??? And you always have to burn them a little bit to make them good and make sure to melt the cheese.?☺️????? It's so good when you do it like that! ?☺️??? I love the 4th of July! ?????????

• Like 2

Basically, whatever you like However, there are two classics

1. New England Style Uses a hot dog ROLL (looks like bread folded over) grilled in butter. top with any permutation of mustard (Yellos is best), relish, ketchup and chapped onions

2. Coney island. This uses a hot dog bun. it originated in Michigan but the quintessential one was created in 1920 in Fall River; MA by a guy called Nick, who came up from Philly This is any permutation of yellow mustard, coney island sauce and finely chopped unions. Most every place has it's own sauce recipe. This is said to be th original Nick's

https://www.google.com/search?q=nick+coney+island+hot+dog+sauce&sxsrf=ALeKk02P42pqgQgoPuP5VQtROYxq3O5Klw%3A1625340949545&ei=FbzgYITFIIOttQbxi7_gAg&oq=nick's+coney+island+hot+dog+sauce&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAEYADIICCEQFhAdEB4yCAghEBYQHRAeMggIIRAWEB0QHjIICCEQFhAdEB4yCAghEBYQHRAeMggIIRAWEB0QHjIICCEQFhAdEB4yCAghEBYQHRAeMggIIRAWEB0QHjIICCEQFhAdEB46BwgjELADECc6BwgAEEcQsAM6BwgjEMkDECc6BggAEBYQHjoJCAAQyQMQFhAeOgoIIxCwAhDJAxAnOgYIABANEB5KBAhBGABQ7v8DWJypBGDZ5gRoAXACeACAAVyIAakFkgEBOJgBAKABAaoBB2d3cy13aXrIAQnAAQE&sclient=gws-wiz

Most places use way to much meat

3. I created on that used the same ingredients as the philly steak sandwhich, except fot the meat I used hamburgert and it was pretty good, which I named Philly Dog. It uses the regular hot dog bun

There is also the "Chili Dog. This I do not know how to make

About the best thing to do is put the toppings in separate small bowls and let persons use what they want

The perfectly done hot dog has "grill marks of every well don but not really charred areas, Thses add a certain well-done flavor to the pup

Funny, the consensuses for years is you don't put ketchup on hot dogs but the majority here (including me) likes it on hot dogs!  I like mayonnaise, ketchup, some mustard, onions and sweet relish.  For chili dogs its some mayo, chili and onions topped with shredded cheddar cheese.  We make some premium big all beef hot dogs and use chili and cheese on them, no buns as we are watching carbs and sugar, but now and then I like a good old small Oscar Mayer hot dog in a bun with the afore mentioned condiments.  The type you would get at a high school football game.  Something about those basic concession stand hot dogs just hits the spot. 

Depends on where you are.  If you're from northern New Jersey, you get an "Italian hot dog" which is a larger bun with both the hot dog and a bunch of fries in it and the whole thing swimming in catsup.    Most other areas eschew castup for plane mustard.    Some have chili.   In the Chicago area you get those little peppers on them a lot.  Up the road a bit in Wisconsin, you get ones that split open when you cook them.   I've had ones that had pieces of baloney wrapped around them.   And these are all pretty close to a standard hot dog.   This doesn't even begin to get into things like polish sausage (spent years eating Polock Johnny's sausages in Baltimore) or brats.

I have put just about everything on a pup but chocolate sauce ONe place in Fall River back in '98 had Portuguese dogs, it was like a Coney Islander except the sauce was chourico-based and they even made chourico dogs: Gaspar's makes hot dog sized and shaped chourico. Good chourico; i.e. Gaspar's, which ships nation or worldwide out of New Bedford, is 2di4. Wait until you have it on pizza It comes in different degress of hot from quite mild to Warp Core Disaster. I like a notch or two abouve medium. We have the chourico sandwich; cut-up schourice, peppers and onions cooked together and put in a torpedo roll, a different version is chourice and fires in a torpedo roll. At one place, The Sausage Station, now defunct. They made a knockworst, which is just an oversized hot dog, with the mustard, relish and onions in a torpedo roll cand called it a king size hot dog. Then there is the classic hot dog -- with bacon wound around it and with the usual toppings. Believe it or not, I actually found a place that screwed up the hot dog. I give them a pass since they are a pizza place and at that they succeed admirably. Hes, ther is a pizza dog: uou use pasta sauce and shredded mozzarella and parasan cheeze

The hot dog is like a christmas tree. You start with the bun and frank and the rest is up to you. About the only thing that is not approved of is butterscotch sauce and peaches

ketchup, honey mustard, a small amount of relish, and...onions....good taste & great fart-fuel

and yes, they should be just a bit over-cooked / slightly burnt :D

Better yet...a spicy Italian sausage with BBQ sauce, spicy brown mustard, onions, and jalapenos :D

Excellent grubs, and truly magnificient farts later

4 hours ago, DailyDi said:

It's a big grilling weekend in the states. Which brings me to ask: What goes on a hotdog?

Maple syrup, cheese, ketchup, mustard, yogurt, cream, Nutella, candy floss, hot sauce, jalapenos, onions, curry sauce, strawberry's, bacon. horse radish, butter, coffee, ice cream and breath mints :D

8c06e64697b2c43f7ec025d257ca73af.gif

Nah but seriously I usually just have mustard and onions on my hot dogs

• Like 1

Here in AZ its the Sonoran Dog -- 

The Sonoran hot dog is a style of hot dog that originated in Hermosillo, the capital of the Mexican state of Sonora, in the late 1980s.[1][2] It is popular in Tucson,[3][4][5][6] Phoenix,[7] and elsewhere in southern Arizona.[8] It consists of a hot dog that is wrapped in bacon and grilled, served on a bolillo-style hot dog bun, and topped with pinto beans, onions, tomatoes, and a variety of additional condiments, often including mayonnaise, mustard, and jalapeño salsa.[9][10]

The Sonoran hot dog is prepared and sold by vendors called "dogueros" at street carts.[1] It was estimated in 2009 that over 200 places in Tucson purvey the Sonoran hot dog, and that Phoenix has even more.[1]

It depends on the type of hotdog I’m having. If it’s a German butcher produced type, my basic topping would be, brown spicy mustard. Then whatever might be available, like relish, or chili. 
Then there are the Italian made, or style. They are long, thin, and have a bit of hot spice to them,(Sabrett’s) They also go by names like, dirty water dogs, gutter dogs, and more. Those usually get brown mustard, and sauerkraut, or better yet, onions in spicy red sauce. Plain onions go well too. 
Someone already mentioned Italian style with sliced fried potatoes, but you need peppers and onions with that also! ❤️

Well, whatever it is you like on your hotdog, even ketchup ? enjoy a fun safe 4th of July!  ? ? ?? ???? ?

Basically anything you want. If I have kraut on mine that's all I need. If I go for multiple toppings it can be jalapenos, onions, pickle relish, mustard. ketchup, bacon, mayo, hot mustard, salsa, chili, cheese, and banana peppers. I probably forgot some but I like lots of flavor on mine. 

On 7/3/2021 at 9:27 PM, warpiper said:

Ketchup! Mustard is gross...

Well, this depends on the mustard. I agree that yellow crap that Frenches dares to call mustard is garbage!! I have become a bit of a mustard snob.... A good brown deli mustard is....*amazing*!! It used to be I didn't care, until I tried a few other types of mustards and *WOW* ? awesome! So give some other types of mustards a shot, you might be surprised..or not, depending on tastes.

To answer the OP, I prefer brats over 'hotdogs' , but what I put on it will differ. I really like saurkraut, cheese, mustard( of coarse) relish, or pickles,onions....onions....and onions!!??, ketsup.....meh, maybe if in the mood....and of coarse (((((((C*H*I*L*I))))))))))!!!!! if you want fart fuel!! ??

Thats just me, ymmv..

3 hours ago, square_duck said:

Well, this depends on the mustard. I agree that yellow crap that Frenches dares to call mustard is garbage!! I have become a bit of a mustard snob.... A good brown deli mustard is....*amazing*!! It used to be I didn't care, until I tried a few other types of mustards and *WOW* ? awesome! So give some other types of mustards a shot, you might be surprised..or not, depending on tastes.

To answer the OP, I prefer brats over 'hotdogs' , but what I put on it will differ. I really like saurkraut, cheese, mustard( of coarse) relish, or pickles,onions....onions....and onions!!??, ketsup.....meh, maybe if in the mood....and of coarse (((((((C*H*I*L*I))))))))))!!!!! if you want fart fuel!! ??

Thats just me, ymmv..

Nope all mustard is gross.

So is mayonnaise.

1 hour ago, oznl said:

DNA swab so it can be figured out later in a lab what animal(s) you've just eaten?

I think you're better off not knowing. But they also hide behind using savory species, just not always savory parts of them...

For me, mustard is an absolute requirement, and if it's grainy and spicy, so much the better. Followed by ketchup, and then, hot peppers. I'll throw everything but the kitchen sink on a burger, but I don't like a hotdog that dumps toppings all over me. I'll make an exception for chili.