What Covid Level Are You At?

What Covid Level Are You At?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What Covid Level Are You At?

• Full Quarantine, stay away!
    • Mask and six feet works for me.
    • Got vaccinated, feeling fine!
    • Not worried, go about your business.
    • It's a hoax, go ahead and breathe on me!

How are you feeling one year in.

10 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

How are you feeling one year in.

I'm being cautious but honestly I already stay pretty isolated by choice. I go out when I need to, but always masked.

• Like 5

Being pretty cautious... I worked from home a lot of the time in any case, but for the past year, I've been exclusively working from home. If I'm shopping or around people I am not in regular contact with, I always have a mask on. I have been somewhat of a risk-taker with respect to being in contact with a couple of friends for social occasions where we didn't wear masks, but they are also working from home, and I am very aware of their approach to the pandemic: they are being very careful as well. So, we have essentially agreed to share "bubbles". But, where we used to have gatherings of 10 - 15 people, now it's 3 or 4. Nobody I know has had it so far, knock on wood, but, until I get the shot, I am going to continue to socially distance and wear masks whenever I'm in public. I'm not that worried about myself, but my parents and in-laws are sitting ducks for this virus, and I don't want to bring it to their front door inadvertently. 

• Like 1

Everything's still shut here apart from schools & essential shops.  We've had our first vaccination, but we're still being careful.  I've started going out to smaller shops when necessary, but we're still avoiding supermarkets.  Most of our food is delivered.  And none of it is takeaways.

• Like 1

My state is still somewhat open. Shops and stores are open, with masks and social distancing.  Restaurants are a mixed bag. Most are still carry out/ delivery only. Some are open, mask until you're seated/ eating.  Others, when the weather is nice, are outdoor dining/carry out only.  Some stores have taken an passive-aggressive "fuck you gooberment goons" approach and have signs saying "If you're not wearing a mask we assume you have a medical condition."   In those stores, I've seen some people still wear their masks and some people not. Heck, I've heard customers say they go to those stores specifically because of those signs. I go to the one gas station because it has the lowest gas prices. ?‍♀️  Personally, I do not eat out- in nice weather, I'd go through a drive through with friends/ relatives then go to the local park and eat. Or go to the park and walk. I do not wear a mask outdoors (unless I'm in the city with a high concentration of peops).  I wear masks in stores.  

• Like 1

I wear a mask when going outside primarily for others, not too worried for myself. When I'm with family or friends my policy basically mirrors whatever their policy is. If they are maskless and just don't care I'll probably do the same, if they prefer to stay masked and do the 6-ft apart thing I'll mirror that too.

I don't think COVID is a hoax or anything like that, just personally getting tired of the lockdown, despite being considered by my doctors as "high-risk" I'll probably end up getting vaccinated especially if that'll increase the likelihood of opening back up. However I've been kinda flippy floppy about that, so I don't really know what the end result is going to be.

I almost never leave the house, with or without lockdown, the issue is that I feel trapped because of the lockdown. Even though in my area everything is just like fake-lockdown. No one wears a mask in public (unless required by a business and even than you see people wearing them wrong or not at all.) Businesses that are supposed to be closed are open. I'm even starting to see more of those "outdoor dining" structures built that are basically just fully enclosed buildings, but outside!

I'm all for doing lockdown, but it gets really annoying when no one is following regulations anyway to where they literally might aswell not be there because everyone has decided that they don't care.

So yeah those are my opinions, kinda all over the place I know, but it's how I feel and feelings are complicated.

• Like 1

Just keeping a little more distance than before covid

Only wear mask when its required and lately it has only been recommended, so I don't wear mask.

We haven't really had many infected here and only had to use mask for a month.

Well I am still salty that COVID cup street circuit never had a chance. Vehicles being unable to social distance at the starting line killed that dream

Roomie and I didn't even notice quarantine because we had no lives. Eventually I learned to use screaming as a

coping mechanism

Personally, I am WAAAAAAYYYY over and done with this whole stupid thing!! Exasperated doesn't even touch where I am! ???

I wear a mask / gloves at work because I have to, but other than that, I go with out. The only other time I use one is when I have to at all the anal stores that require you to "no mask no service" 

This whole thing has been badly abused strictly for political puropses!!. If it was anywhere near as dangerous as they have blown it up to be, there would be bodies in the streets and people dropping dead left and right!!!! Didn't happen.....wont happen....all for crocked politicians to grab as much power as possible for thier own $%#&@! Glory.....this has been a truly sad and disgusting revolting experiance and a sad sad sad time in this great country's history.....

THAT'S where I am with this.......thing...

UGH???????

I'm got my first Pfizer last week.    I'm still wearing masks when I go out.  I've been wearing N95 masks (fortunately I had some already on hand) since March because it was pretty clear by anybody with a brain that this was going to be rather effective at prevention.    We're hoping by June that things will open up a bit.

15 hours ago, square_duck said:

Personally, I am WAAAAAAYYYY over and done with this whole stupid thing!! Exasperated doesn't even touch where I am! ???

I wear a mask / gloves at work because I have to, but other than that, I go with out. The only other time I use one is when I have to at all the anal stores that require you to "no mask no service" 

This whole thing has been badly abused strictly for political puropses!!. If it was anywhere near as dangerous as they have blown it up to be, there would be bodies in the streets and people dropping dead left and right!!!! Didn't happen.....wont happen....all for crocked politicians to grab as much power as possible for thier own $%#&@! Glory.....this has been a truly sad and disgusting revolting experiance and a sad sad sad time in this great country's history.....

THAT'S where I am with this.......thing...

UGH???????

this "pandemic" has a lower death rate than the flu, its insane. i know 4 people that had it, as far as i know, and an online friends mom had it, out of the 5 only one has died, and she was ,,,,, how can i saw this,,,,,,, of a very wise age, (brother in laws grandmother), and not surprisingly she was in a nursing home.

Edited by DailyDi
False Information.

Death is only a tangental concern.   There are some pretty nasty lingering side effects if you do get it.    You can put your head in the sand if you want, but me I'm protecting myself.

Got #2 1-1/4 hours ago

What is the matter with you people who are denying the largest public health tragedy in your country, and the world, in a century?

Are you incapable of basic human empathy? Half a million people in your country are dead. Every one of them had a name and a family. They include everyone from beloved grandparents, to elected Republican officials, to music legends.

Your death toll is now like having a 9/11 scale catastrophe every day, day after day after day, for six straight months.

The life expectancy in your country has fallen by 1 to 3 years, depending on what demographic group you are in. There is no precedent for this in our lifetime.

It is people exactly like you who are responsible for half of this total. Your country has more than twice the death rate of most other Western democracies  because you are — alongside many fine and good things — a country of staggering anti-science ignorance and extremist individualism. Half of your death toll, a quarter of a million unnecessarily dead people, is the direct result.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Ok, I'm ready to piss off a lot of people here!  I have had both my shots since the end of January.  I work in a hospital and see death daily from Covid-19.  Anyone who calls it a hoax should be run feet first through a wood chipper!  I am well aware of the economic impact the virus has had and I am totally sympathetic to people who have lost their jobs.  The thing is, we have to get this under control.  If we start to get a handle on it and then relax and open up too soon or go about without masks, the virus surges and we never get ahead of it or get ant control over it.  To go along so far, then recklessly open things up and do away with mask mandates and social distancing just puts us right back to step one again which is a viscous cycle that just repeats itself over and over and we never get anywhere.  Yeah, people will say B.S and I don't know what I'm talking about, there is no proof masks help, blah blah, yadda yadda and all that.  To that I am the one saying B.S.!  It has been proven scientifically that masking and distancing do help.  The states without mandatory masking laws are the ones with the highest rate of Covid-19 infected people and deaths in the United States.  People in Michigan even stormed the capitol last summer and there was a plot to kidnap our Governor over her mandated masking and shuttering of indoor gatherings, yet Michigan ranked number 11 in the nation with Alaska being number one for the lowest Covid-19 rates per population percentages.  Those that disagree with me are turning a blind eye to facts either because they don't want to face reality, they selfishly follow the babbling's of misguided politicians who advocate large political gatherings with no masking or they just can't stand not being able to sit elbow to elbow anymore with other bar patrons guzzling beer all night at their favorite hangout.  Would I like to get back to normal?  Sure I would!  The sooner we get this under control, the sooner that can happen, but not if we go so far and then relax and fall back to the old ways.  The virus surges, just as it's done for the holidays when it was advised to stay home and not socialize.  Thanksgiving and Christmas both saw huge surges in Covid-19 infections because people ignored the warnings and had their family get together s flying across country, etc.  Whether some short sighted people realize it or not, this is a world wide pandemic, not just the flu, and it has killed millions all over the world.  More people so far have died from Covid-19 in one year than in world wars 1, 2 and the Vietnam war combined.  Those are the facts, and you show me any recent year where this many people have died world wide.  You can't because this is a pandemic, a virus that is killing us.  Are all those videos and pictures of overwhelmed hospitals with no room shown on the news all a hoax?  Temporary morgues and refrigerator trucks to hold the dead bodies.  Tents (my hospital included) set up outside on hospital grounds because there is simply no more room or beds left.  Doctors and nurses working 18 hour days or longer, grabbing a half hour rest if they can so they can keep going to try and save lives.  Some of those same doctors or nurses dying themselves of the Covid-19 virus because they are trying so hard to do what they can to save lives, and worse, those who have taken their own lives because the deaths are so overwhelming they just can't deal with it day after day.  Having to break the news to family and children that their mother or father has passed away from the virus.  Unless you work in a hospital and see the death FROM COVID-19 on a weekly basis, don't you dare preach baseless views and opinions to me that this is a hoax, not anything to worry about, people are not dying from it, it's no worse than the flu, we don't have to listen to our health experts or substantiated facts and we can go about our lives maskless as we've always done in the past.  Wake up to reality!  It's mindless views like that which keep the pandemic surging instead of getting control of it.  

• Thanks 1

Well said @rusty pins!

While this is not really a place for political positions, I think that the view of our health is a-political and I agree with you completely. Many of us have compromised immune systems because of the primary conditions of our IC, while many more are at risk because of secondary causes behind our IC issues.

I'm doing the mask thing whenever I go out. That is rare. Most of my shopping is done by Amazon or the weekly trip to CostCo. I think long and hard before going out anywhere. I have had one one shot, need one more.

35 minutes ago, nonny said:

What is the matter with you people who are denying the largest public health tragedy in your country, and the world, in a century?

Are you incapable of basic human empathy? Half a million people in your country are dead. Every one of them had a name and a family. They include everyone from beloved grandparents, to elected Republican officials, to music legends.

Your death toll is now like having a 9/11 scale catastrophe every day, day after day after day, for six straight months.

The life expectancy in your country has fallen by 1 to 3 years, depending on what demographic group you are in. There is no precedent for this in our lifetime.

It is people exactly like you who are responsible for half of this total. Your country has more than twice the death rate of most other Western democracies  because you are — alongside many fine and good things — a country of staggering anti-science ignorance and extremist individualism. Half of your death toll, a quarter of a million unnecessarily dead people, is the direct result.

As an American, I have to agree 100% with this....sad but TRUE ?