LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Adult Baby Diapers
DailyDi

Age of Onset?

Age of Onset   189 members have voted

1. 1. What was your age when you first put on diapers on your own for incontinence, or at the beginning of your ABDL experience?

• Have always worn diapers.
    • Age 7-8
    • Age 9-10
    • Age 11-14
    • Age 15-17
    • Age 18-19
    • Age 20-24
    • Age 25-30
    • Over Age 30

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

50 posts in this topic

Because my bladder was tiny and over-active when I was growing up my Mom would nicely ask me to wear a diaper and vinyl panties on long car trips and for special events. Back then I just assumed every kid I saw in a restaurant on a trip was diapered. The same was true about all the other kids at Disneyland.

However, since I never wet the bed after I was toilet-trained I seldom wore a diaper at a motel or at home.

All that changed for me shortly after puberty when I was 12. Suddenly I reverted to bedwetting. That was when I was taught how to pin on my own gauze diapers. My night bladder control never returned, so I have worn diapers when I sleep every time since 1976. When I was at university and later living in apartments I made-do with disposables for bed. As soon as I had discreet access to a washer and dryer I resumed wearing gauze diapers to bed.

I lost my day bladder control the summer I turned 21. Prior to that I often wore a disposable while awake for convenience. As disposables have improved since 1985 the type I wear while functioning as an adult have changed. Currently I wear GoodNites Tru-Fit which I find effective and inexpensive. For years between the introduction of Pampers Cruisers I wore those with the flaps cut off inside knit cotton panties. Should KCWW actually stop production of the disposable liners for Tru-Fit I will return to using the modified Cruisers.

I was the youngest and don't recall seeing any nappies around as I grew up. I do remember a neighbour kid wore plastic pants and I loved the scent of them. I started wearing just for fun around age 10..11. Not an easy task having an older brother who shared my room and an older sister. Plus back then it was terry towelling nappies and plastic pants so not easy to get. I got throu , and in my teen years did some baby sitting so that gave me time alone to enjoy. Moving on in 2006 my spine was ripped apart leaving me now having no choice and using either a cathetar or disposable pad. I was nothing like i remembered when i was a teen and wanted to be wearing and using nappies.

Although I was a very late bedwetter (into my 20's), I don't remember ever wearing diapers for the problem. Instead, I woke up most mornings in wet pajamas and wet sheets -- the "peepee sheets" that my mom hated so much.

Over 7 years ago I came across WetSet posts about adults wearing diapers for fun, and I was fascinated with the idea. Eventually I worked up the courage to buy some pullups at a RiteAid drug store on the way to work one morning. An online friend (a high school teacher) told me that she wore Abena pullups to class, so I ordered some Abri-Flexes and later bought Abri-Form X-Pluses for nighttime use. Now I use NorthShore Care's Supreme, Lite Supreme, and Flex Supreme diapers.

My enlarged prostate has led to more and more frequent involuntary nighttime wetting, so I now wear a diaper and sleep on a washable waterproof pad every night. When I'm home, I use a Supreme with a large booster pad, put the combo on sometime during the evening and take it off as late as I can get away with in the morning. When I'm traveling, as I am now, I use a Lite Supreme, being careful to use the toilet just before putting my diaper on and going to bed. During the night I wake up several times to wet (or sometimes already wetting). The Lite Supreme actually suffices for protection in bed, but the Supreme is necessary for more extended wetting. 

I really enjoy wearing and wetting diapers. What a wonderful surprise, to develop a problem that not only causes me to wet involuntarily about 30% of the time but also gives me an excuse for wearing diapers that I can give to my family!

in Jan 2013 I fell hear on some ice I was 63 I been wetting day and night since.

On 6/5/2016 at 6:19 AM, Bettypooh said:

I put "over 30" because prior to that any attempts at me diapering were only to prevent bedwetting when I was drunk :whistling: Dang, I wasted half a lifetime denying one of my deepest desires by waiting until I needed diapers before giving them a try :P I'm trying to make up for that lost time now ;)

Bettypooh

I did the same. (Well, not the wearing when drunk part, anyway). :P I waited until I needed to wear before I had the guts to actually wear a diaper. Though in fairness, there were extenuating circumstances--I lived with my folks until I was thirty, and there was no way my mother would have allowed me to wear diapers. (Even if I had a good reason). Mainly, though, I was just scared, and felt I couldn't justify wearing for its own sake.. Even now, I feel I have to hide behind a medical excuse.

I was nine

Was a bed wetter till 12. by then i was hooked but had problems finding diapers.

About 23 the adult disposable diapers started hitting the market and i got my first box of Attends with infant disposable diapers for boosters.

Been wearing ever since. now at age 65

I liked peeing my self and my bed but only did it in small amounts so not to get caught and get the belt over my rear end. A round age 11 I started to get interested in diapers and spent a lot of time pursuing the department store catalogs from Sears, J.C. Penney's, and Montgomery Wards in their baby and health sections. I started doing make shift diapers at age 12 and when I was 16 I ordered incontinent diapers from Wards and have some kind of diapers ever since. 

Homemade diapers probably around 14.  I noticed the incontinence section in the Sears (?) catalog about the same time and schemed for some way to do an order, but it didn't seem possible.  Finally real diapers around 30.

I was potty trained when I was around 2 years old, then returned to diapers when I was 5, but just for a week or so when I found some left over diapers from when I was little. My parents let me and my 9 year old cousin have them to play mommy and baby with, as long as I didn't use them. Well, I did so anyway and that's where the fun stopped. My parents took them away and shamed me and I didn't dare to go near diapers again for some time.

A few years later at age 10-11 I search and found them again. I think it was like five or so diapers left. When they were used up I bought my own and kept them hidden in my room. I think I had the largest size of baby pull-ups. After they expired I bought the largest tape ones and kept buying those and goodnites until I was 18 and could order adult diapers online.

I was around 5 or 6, we were at my aunt and uncles house and I sneaked one of my cousins diapers from the box and hid it under the front passenger seat til I got home. I remember the rush, the fear of getting caught. 

After we got home and the coast was clear I retrieved it and went to put it on. Omg the anticipation was unbearable. Seemed like it took forever.  It was a Kimbies disposable. Of course it didn't fit and I remember being quite disappointed but I sat on it and pulled it up between my legs and wet it. I'll never forget that feeling of a warm wet diaper against me. A feeling I still relish to this day and that's 44 or 45 yrs now.

1 person likes this

I started experimenting around with disposable diapers when i turned 15. I hated the fact I seemed to be drawn to them.. just couldn't stop myself no matter how hard i tried

I chose 7-8, but I can remember trying to put on baby diapers as young as 4 or 5. I have had a fascination with them since I was taken out of them. I spent a lot of my childhood swiping diapers and wearing them backwards with the tapes on my skin and the rest tucked between my legs.

I remember the day I learned they made adult diapers. I was 5.

I remember the day I first learned I wasn't alone. I was 16 and found a magazine article about it.

At the age of 18 I found an online community in existence (late 90's) and the rest is history.

11-14 for me @ 27.78% according to the poll seems to be the most common age of onset of AB Or DL desires. Roughly corresponding to the onset of puberty makes sense as the wearing and using of diapers has always been sexual to me. Like some I fashioned " diapers" out of towels pinned on with plastic garbage bag covers lol an unwieldy and highly impractical contraption.   

I would also be in the 11 to 14 range.  My Mom explained the changes puberty would bring (which sort of grossed me out) and told me I would be wetting the bed.  Her way of explaining "nocturnal emissions".  Which upset me at the time and probably set the ball rolling for my desires.

First time I wore diapers as an AB/DL was when I was 11.

First time as an incontinent person was when I was 20.

I was around 11 or 12 when I started to make or steal diapers for my own use on a regular basis. But I did try on a diaper when I was around 7.

I was 10 when I realized  I wanted  to wear diapers.

i subconsciously have been into it as long as i can remember but i didn't actually wear a diaper until my late 20's from the time i was less than 2 years old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know I started to be interested in diapers around 4 or 5. My mom remembers that I would frequently ask if I could wear diapers because I said they were more comfortable.

I was about 7. Peer my psnts. I was put back in diapers for a while. Ever since then I liked diapers.

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk

My first diaper experience after being out of diapers had to be at about age 4-6, but I picked 11-14 because that's when I first managed to get my hands on diapers to experiment with again. Realistically I'd say my age of onset was about 5 though, even though I didn't even know what an orgasm was at the time, much less what an AB/DL was.

I was 13 when I would wear my younger sister's old frilly (and incredibly soft) baby panties.  Did not get interested in diapers until I was about 55. 

I voted, always in diapers. I have always liked diapers, and can remember going back to babyhood on that. Not sure when I put on my first, or started. I use to put on several pairs of underwear, when I was a child, not sure what age I started doing that? I pinned towels on as a child too, maybe 7,8? In my teens, I would fashion several Pampers together and wear them. My first adult type item, was snap on, plastic/nylon coated, incontinent pant, with a cloth insert that would snap inside.That was late teens, I think. Soon after that, I hooked up with the internet, and I ordered cloth diapers and plastic pants, it might have been from Angle Fluff diapers? Those were my first real diapers. Don't recall when I bought my first disposable diapers (adult ones)?

The 1st time I returned to diapers was when I was 10 and was curious tell me a my mom was at Kmart and I stole some diapers.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk