LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How do you determine when it's time for a diaper change?

How do you determine when its time for a diaper change?   

94 members have voted

1. 1. How do you determine when its time for a diaper change?

• I can tell by how it feels, by the seat of my pants.
    • Tactilely; I feel around the outside of the diaper.
    • Once it reaches a certain level of bulk.
    • When I start getting leaks.
    • By the clock; I change or am changed on a schedule.
    • It's not up to me, it's someone else's responsibility.
    • Once #2 comes into the picture.
    • I stay in my diaper as long as possible, it can never get too wet or too messy.

I'm curious as to how people in the community determine when it's time to change their diaper, or have their diaper changed. I've been 24/7 for a bit over 3 years (#1 only, most of the time) and despite being what could be called an experienced "diaper pilot", I often find myself tactilely probing the exterior of my diaper, and looking at the clock, to get my bearings with respect to how much range my diaper has left in it. Modern disposables can feel remarkably dry until they are remarkably wet, and cloth diapers feel uniformly wet long before they're in danger betraying you.

I don't want to consign a pricy diaper to an early grave, but I also don't want to experience a leak or have to execute an emergency diaper change while I'm out and about, so I tend to change myself proactively if I'm going to be in public. Whereas at home, I'm willing to walk a little closer to the edge. Of course, this also "depends" on what I'm wearing at the time - some products are trusted friends (MegaMax, Rearz Elite), and some are about as trustworthy as a perturbed rattlesnake (I'm looking at you, Tena). 

99% of the time, I only use diapers for #1, so my rule for #2 is "Change immediately, with extreme prejudice", whereas those of you who do everything in your diaper may have different rules around that. Also, some of you rely on caregivers for diaper changes, so the timing may be more rigidly scheduled, or, may be entirely out of your hands. 

I'm interested in hearing how people manage this somewhat central aspect of living a diapered life. Cheers and thanks in advance. 

• Like 1

@Little Sherri@DailyDi

when I feel the need to change, it's usually because I notice that my diaper is pretty heavy. Most of the time, as long as my diaper is on right, and everything is pointed downstairs, my diaper can last longer than if it is put on incorrectly or something that's out of line. I change whenever I feel the diaper is too full, or it becomes uncomfortable.   Sometimes I have to change before that, especially if the diaper is dirty, but most times I change before that happens.

I try not to Change myself at work if I don't have to. I can do it, but it is kind of inconvenient, but that is the life of a diapered individual. If I need it, they are there, but I don't go too far away from home so it's not too bad.  Being incontinent, I expect that sometime I'm going to have wet or dirty diapers, so I'm prepared to take care of them. Sometimes they sneak up on me so fast I can't deal with it right away, but I try to the minute I find out.

I answered that I can feel it in my pants when it's time to change.

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
Word Edits
  • Like 3

Put your hand inside the rubber panties and feel around to see how wet how much of the diaper is: The old-fashion way, which explainns the hign waist short skirts and babydolls

• Like 3

It may not be practical or possible to tell if it is time to change by how the diaper feels since there are a few kinds of "stay-dry" liners". Las Sunday, my whole diaper was maderately wet by I was perfectly dry escept for the part where I wet directly and it ran into the cloth diaper. Sometimes if I wet the diaper thoroughy, some of the wet gets between the first and second rubber panty. It was for that reason that DPF reccommended two pairs of panties over the diaper. In that case, you can problably tell how wet the diaper is by how heavy it feels

• Like 3

I usually feel around my diapee, or by the weight of my diapee when there's a big load in it just like a regular baby would. LOL!? I especially like when I make a Pee-pee in my diaper and I can tell by the thickness of my diapee!???? Although I wish I had someone to change me.?????????☺️?????

• Like 3

Practice, practice, practice. Nothing beats experience and the more experience the better you get at just about anything, including knowing the capacity of your diapers and when it's time to change. Perfection, however, does not exist, and given enough time, everyone will have a leak or two, particularly a press-out leak.

• Like 2

Several ways.  When I feel irritation I change.  When I mess and feel irritation I change.  When I'm leaking I change but sometimes not before I leak onto my computer chair (I sit on a washable pad).  Sometimes I am at my computer early morning for a few hours and when I'm ready to start my day, I change (remove) my diaper whether I'm soaked, leaking or just wet with capacity left.  Sometimes if I don't feel irritation and I have my waterproof pants on over my disposable diapers, I just keep wetting and wetting and not caring if I'm over saturated and my diaper won't absorb anymore.  On the Saturdays I have off with the house to myself, I change (remove my diaper and clean up) about 45 minutes before I expect family back home.  It also gives me time to get rid of a poopy diaper and air out the house.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Dee Cee said:

But that’s part of it , I don’t even consider, changing my pooped , pissy , leaking , diaper with plastic pants , have all leaked , and my jeans , shorts , overhauls , are very , wet and stained , with piss and poop , on my bottom , my legs , up my back , and I just stank to high heaven , then and only then do I even consider, cleaning up , and I am getting that down to a science ! I only wear cloth diapers , except when it’s really cold out side , and the clean up , would have to take place , then I have about a case of megaMax , diapers , and I will call them up , for as many free megamaxes, as I can get , free , they don’t last as long as cloth , and they just fall apart on my ass , but I know how to clean them up , real quick , but the cloth is something a else ! And I have like 3 pair of training pants my wife made for me , white wider crotch than the ones you buy that are real good but cost a fortune , but I have like 5 pair of them that , I will just pretend that I’m like 5-7 years old and have huge accidents in , until I realize , that my pants are all poopy and it’s leaked down my legs , and I have peed in several times , and I’m just a very dirty , messy kid , that’s got to do all the clean up ! And to think , my loving wife used to change me when all this , IC crap happened , and I made the comment , that at first hated it , and she just told me things like she knew , how I felt about it , but she would take care of me because she loved me , and after about 6-9 months I said it wasn’t so bad , and she just what else , can you do as she got me cleaned up , enough to get into the shower , I could handle it from there , and that went on for another 4 or so longer then , I fucked up , first I told that I didn’t want to change right then , and was making excuses as to why I couldn’t get changed right now , but the nail in the coffin was , when my sorry ass told her that I kind of got used to having a pile of poop in my soaked diaper , and she didn’t miss a beat , and said good because I think it’s about time , you started learning how to change your own , diapers , and I did , but she knew , I was starting to just love it .

How does she feel about your love of diapers buddy, does she ALSO baby you too?!? And has your love of diapees also crossed over to the baby side?!??????♥️??????

• 5 weeks later...

I determine by % of diaper useage or if i start to leak and i know its not the leg guards or if i put it on wrong. Around 70% is when i usually begin leaking unless i like have to lift my back up and aim in the air.

• 3 weeks later...

For me, as an adult baby, I use my diapers until an adult, grown up or big kid tells me I have to have my diapers changed. Being an adult baby, I don't know if I need my diapers changed unless an adult, grown up or big kid tells me my diapers are leaking or I made a big stink.

On work days, my wife goes to the shower before me, so I will unload my bladder: usually do not overflow underwear.  Then she is usually done in 30 minutes, so I will shower and change.  Throughout the day, I will wait until near leaking--sensing the bulk between the legs.

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...