LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Does your Doctor know?

DailyDi

Does your doctor know you wear diapers?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Does your doctor know you wear diapers?

• Yes, He knows I NEED them.
    • Yes, he THINKS I need them.
    • Yes, but we don't discuss it.
    • Not sure, nothing has been said.
    • No, I don't wear to appointments
    • No, He hasn't seen me with my pants off.

On 10/10/2022 at 3:42 AM, kristipowders said:

I have gone to the ER diapered, so we have chatted a couple times, briefly about it.  But both times i said it was better already.  As i am starting hrt, i wanna find a new doctor, preferrable a woman doctor cause it just seems right, I probably will show up diapered and if she asks, I'll be as honest as i can.  But, in all honesty, I have had leakage issues before when not diapered.  Accidentally peed a little when trying  to relax.

@kristipowders

I just wanted to let you know that because I am incontinent, and I have the right type of diagnosis on my records, I could easily go into the ER, fully diapered and I hope they wouldn't ask too many questions. The last time I was in the ER, I didn't wear a diaper, because I just didn't feel like putting one on, and I had chest pains. I ended up having them administer Me 2 Nitro, I sat there for a couple hours, then called my brother at three o'clock in the morning, and he came down and greet me period since he stays with me most of the time during the day in the early evening, it was not that hard for him to be able to return me home, so my parents did not have to be notified of what was going on. This was in the throes of the pandemic at the worst possible time, when it was about 95 degrees outside during the day and about 70 at night.

If you are dealing with incontinence or leakage, you would be well advised probably to wear a diaper to an appointment with your doctor, and if you are dealing with such a problem, to be as honest as you can. Especially if you're dealing with HRT, or anything that has to do issues dealing with transitional surgery or transitional preparedness, such as HRT or other things that are done prior to sex reassignment surgery or whatever they call it. The best way is to be as open as you can and as honest as you can with your doctor, because if you have a good relationship with your doctor, and you trust him or her, it's a lot easier to get what you need, and if you have the right type of diagnosis, it'll be easier to get what you need if you need it. If you're dealing with leakage or incontinence, you may be able to get what you need by talking to your doctor or other doctors, but they might end up sending you to a urologist if they think there's an issue that causes your leakages.

I wish you the best of luck! I was lucky that when I started having problems with incontinence, and having accidents, that I was able to talk to my doctor very candidly and openly about my situation and my wishes. Being that I have CP, and I have a mobility problem, as well as having diverticulitis and IBS, and because I was having constant accidents, it made sense for me to go 24/7 and diapers. When I finally started wearing them in 2019, and in 2020 decided to go 24/7, I looked my doctor in the face, told him that I was going 24/7, and that I would need them to make sure that I had what I needed for diapers and for other supplies. The doctor didn't waste any time, and told me that it would be taken care of. He was true to his word and he took care of me, however one time I had a problem where somebody had decided to let the prior authorization lapse, and that meant that I waited seven months before the state Medicaid division would re approve me for my diapers. Talk about the longest seven months of my life: luckily I am prepared, and I always have at least two months of supply on hand: I finally got on the phone with Medicaid back then, and I told them that they were waiting too long to allow me to get what I need, and I need it to get supplies soon. I also told them that if somebody can't give me an answer to my question, then I am going to call the ombudsman and I'm going to put a bug in their ear and I'm not going to back down until I get what I want! I hate to do it that way, but sometimes in life you have to push the gas pedal and sometimes you have to light the exhaust pipe on fire to get them to move.

I wish you all the best in your journey forward, I know transition can be difficult, but there are individuals who have also been through it, who could probably also give you advice if you need it. If you would like to follow me, please don't hesitate, because if I see something, I will respond, and if you send me a message, I will try to answer it as quickly as I can. Even if you just want to talk: sometimes somebody just needs an ear, and I'm always there to try to help people when I can. I can't promise that I'll be able to solve your problems, but I'm always there to talk to should the need arise!

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
Word Edits

Yes, my doctor knows and I wear my usual Confidry 24/7. We don't really dwell on it because it's not a problem. He knows I have had lifelong issues and surgery when I was around 11 to "cure" my bed wetting which made no difference.

Hugs,

Freta

• Like 1
On 10/18/2022 at 6:08 PM, FretaBWet said:

Yes, my doctor knows and I wear my usual Confidry 24/7. We don't really dwell on it because it's not a problem. He knows I have had lifelong issues and surgery when I was around 11 to "cure" my bed wetting which made no difference.

Hugs,

Freta

My doctor knows I wear diapers and it's also on my medical records as well. They know I am incontinent and know I wear them.

• Like 1

When I first saw my doctor a few years ago for my bedwetting, I mentioned that I was handling the problem with "Absorbent Brief's." I thought that sounded more medical than "Cloth diapers, Blue Ducky diaper pins, and Nursery print plastic panties!!".  ???

However, when I had my last colonoscopy, I did wear a disposable diaper there, and the nurses saw it during prep, when I told them I was a bedwetter.  They just un-taped one side and folded it down for the procedure. (And I was wet when I woke up after the procedure..)

• Like 5

My doctors know i wear diapers

I have been wearing them for urgency for years. then in 2020 i got a infection known as fournier's gangrene in the perineum from a diabetes medication i was taking. That did nerve damage and caused my BPH to get a lot worse.

the last time i went to my urologist she wanted to check out how the scar area was doing and the rash i had. I just laid down on the exam table and untapped the XP5000 i was wearing and let her check things out down there.

Being a lifelong nudist being seen in diapers by doctors is no big thing. i have wore  them to nude beaches for years.

They keep wanting to do prostate surgery but as long as I can pee without any problem why should i have surgery that can only make things worse.

Plus, I have always liked wearing wet diapers and at 71 I plan to wear them the rest of my life.

• Like 3
On 10/29/2022 at 9:52 PM, anned said:

They keep wanting to do prostate surgery but as long as I can pee without any problem why should i have surgery that can only make things worse.

@anned:

When the time finally comes (if it does for you), there are now some minimally evasive prostate surgery options -- something beside TURP.  If you aren't needing a sample to biopsy after the surgery, I can recommend the Rezūm procedure as an option to consider.  I've been basically pleased with the results.  Main issues I have are a result of not getting the blockage cleared before the bladder capacity shrunk. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, zzyzx said:

@anned:

When the time finally comes (if it does for you), there are now some minimally evasive prostate surgery options -- something beside TURP.  If you aren't needing a sample to biopsy after the surgery, I can recommend the Rezūm procedure as an option to consider.  I've been basically pleased with the results.  Main issues I have are a result of not getting the blockage cleared before the bladder capacity shrunk. 

And

https://med.virginia.edu/urology/for-patients-and-visitors/greenlight-laser-treatment-of-bph/

I have spoken to the doctor but only as a last minute thing at the end of my appointment regarding my anxiety. All I ended saying was sometimes I leak (I don't) and that I wear diapers sometimes to help with it and occasionally to help with my anxiety. Since then nothing has been said. Although, I have a different doctor each time which is bloody annoying.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Haven’t mentioned it to my doctor. Sometimes I think I should mention my overactive bladder symptoms but I know they would want me to try to treat it and not rely on diapers. Talking about wetting yourself is already a bit of an awkward topic, telling them that I’m okay with managing it with diapers sounds even worse ?

• Like 2
16 hours ago, NightWitch said:

Haven’t mentioned it to my doctor. Sometimes I think I should mention my overactive bladder symptoms but I know they would want me to try to treat it and not rely on diapers. Talking about wetting yourself is already a bit of an awkward topic, telling them that I’m okay with managing it with diapers sounds even worse ?

@NightWitch

I had the option of actually mentioning it to my doctor almost six months before I actually asked him for the diapers. what happened was I was having problems with sweating, And I usually have underpads that I put underneath me when I'm in my chair. if I don't do that, on a hot day, or if something should happen and I leak, usually what happens is the chair cushion will get wet, and then after it gets wet you have to wipe it off. anything that you let go usually has a smell to it, so that can actually permeate the cushion that you're sitting on, and that can be inconvenient, Because what happens is anything that you're sitting on the smell or anything you leak will permeate to the padding of your Wheelchair cushion or whatever it is that you're sitting on.

For that reason, I have underpads I use. If I'm at home, I use the washable ones, 'cause I have my aligned with it, and I would put such a pad on my bed when I was sleeping on it. if I'm in my chair, and I know I'm going somewhere and I need the protection of the underpad, I put the underpad underneath me, but wrap it around my cushion. when I ordered my last wheelchair, I ordered it with a incontinence cover, because I don't want to end up having a leak go into the padding and cause a problem.

I remember that there was a time either in the spring or the summer, that I was working in my job at the thrift store. because I'm sitting on this cushion, anything that happens, whether I I sweat or I fart, of course I'm going to smell. that smell apparently was being transferred from me through the padding into the chair cushion I was sitting on, And every time I would get up, somebody would be able to smell that. Then I would be told that it smells, and I need to spray it, so I would start spraying it down Period now I can put an underpad underneath me, and should there be an issue where something smells, I just remove the pad throw it away and put another one on. I'm glad someone told me about it, because I am kind of self conscious about it If someone can smell my older especially that.

During the time that I decided I needed some help, I also asked him about underpads, and he said he would be able to prescribe those. he did that, And then I asked him about diapers. told him that I think eventually I would need them, I'm not sure how bad it would be it would be to try to get them, but I wanted to explore my options. In August of 2019, I had to make that final decision that I needed some sort of protection, so I asked him for some. after going through using prevail air diapers, which are trash, as well as most cloth cloth backed underwear that they use, it just doesn't work. I would end up making more of a mess wearing those than if I were to just take the thing off and pee on the floor. after a while, I noticed that I was just peeing through them, and it wasn't helping, cause it wasn't absorbing anything. once I realized that, I went and I asked a doctor for the plastic back diapers, telling him that I needed them, and that I needed him to put onto my medical records that I am incontinent both ways, so no one can question that.

So basically, I am now in a position where I have what I need, and after I had done that, I knew exactly where I needed to go. I was right here on daily diapers within a day! I've known of this site for about 20 years, but I've never had the gumption to actually sign on. I was afraid that someone would find out, or that I would be blackballed or somebody would laugh or whatever, and that is far from the truth. This place is very very open, very very honest, very very compassionate, and understanding. Because of people that I trust that I call my mentors, I now understand that it is OK to be what I am and who I am, it's OK to wear a diaper, it's OK to use it, and it's OK if you smell, or if you need to use it, it's part of life. You just have to be able to take care of it when you need to. And of the things that one of my mentors said was that you need to take care of your skin! if you don't take care of your skin, then a whole bunch of bad things can happen, and because of all of this advice, I am a better person for it, and I understand why I want to wear diapers why I need to wear diapers, and why I have the feelings I do. I may be incontinent, but I still have the feelings I had when I was eight years old, and that's hard to break, and why break it'cause there's nothing wrong with it. if I wanted to wear women's underwear for example, no one's gonna stop me, but wearing diapers, well that used to be a wicked stigma with many people, and I hope that we're able to break that stigma and make people understand that there are many reasons people wear diapers, and you don't necessarily have to wet them or mess them, but people wear them, people need them for comfort or they need them for security or whatever they need them for.

Regardless of that fact whatever you need them for, I'm sure that you can find a medical reasoning for it. whether somebody agrees with the medical reasoning is another story, but there are people with autism for example that use diapers because they need them, there's also people that use diapers because of the sensations that they give them, Or because of the feelings, or whatever. Many people don't quite understand why we would decide to wear diapers. most people would probably think that once you're out of diapers, you want to stay out of them, and that's fine for them, but what about the people who need them? what about the people who like the feeling of it, what about sensory? there are many reasons why people do that, and I'm sure that many people would agree that once they have their diapers, it's like they finally click in and realize that's what the feeling is, that's why I feel that way, it feels so good!  @Little Belle, @BabyCat2 And others with autism would agree with my sentiment here. they always used to say don't knock it until you try it! man are they right! I've never felt so good in my life as the day that I finally was able to say I can drop the shields now, I don't have to hide it now, I can be what I want to be, and I don't have to feel guilty about it, because it's part of what happens! there are many many times in my life that I question my motives or my decisions, but this one I don't know why I was questioning for so long! people say That they are afraid that someone will find out about them wearing diapers, or they might find out that something new is is bothering them, but I can tell you that because I'm wearing diapers now, whatever is in my mind that makes it so that it gives me the urge has been satisfied, and it keeps on being satisfied. I no longer have to hide behind closed doors, or make believe that I'm something that I'm not: I am incontinent, a diaper lover, and I'm disabled, and I need them! each of us needs diapers for whatever reason, but some people may not agree with the reason, while some people do. if for example you have autism, you have sensations and feelings that you deal with when you grab something that's really soft, or something that's really crinkly, or maybe a piece of really soft pliable plastic, or something else. there's always something that is like a sensory object to an individual. maybe a soft bunny like @TinyBunny just got, and she tells me how soft her friend's ears are, or how she loves her fluffy kale, or something like that? 

I feel as if some people take for granted What other people deal with in this way. I mean, if something is soft, something is comfortable, something makes you happy, something takes you back to a place in your life where you feel safe warm comfortable, another things. maybe you have a soft blanket, or maybe like me I have Amy the orangutan, And sometimes I get lonely for her, or I want to give something a hug, while I give her a hug, and I tell her how wonderful she is, and how I love her. people may think that's kind of silly, but it's no more sillier than somebody who loves the feeling of a diaper, or the security of 1, and a doctor can help you with that, And there's nothing that any doctor could say, that could say that it was a bad decision, because if you're wearing diapers, it's not like you're asking for a doctor to perform surgery on you to make something happen, he might not want to do it. a diaper is very easy to get, sometimes, And the support that you get from your medical professional is critical in this regard.

So yes, my doctor is fully aware of my request for diapers and told me that he is proud of me call and he told me that it took a lot of guts for me to come in there and talk to him about this, because most people wouldn't even broach the subject, and they think it's really bad, or they don't want people to know, and I can understand people's reluctance, because, because there are things that are very important in your life, and being able to control your excretory functions is one of them. Some people don't want others to know, while others just deal with it because we have to.

So in 2019, he wrote me the script, And in 2020, I went in and I asked him if I could be Frank with him. he told me that I could comment And I told him that I think wearing diapers is one of the better decisions I've made. I also told them that he should make it a part of my prescription that I am in need of them, and I'm in need of the Megamax, which the state pays for, and that they help me. the state said that they are willing to pay for a diaper that works for me, and mine does. I told the doctor that I was going 24/7, I told him why: I told him that I wasn't gonna fight with my body anymore. It's time that I faced facts and I realized that I needed it, and not worry about what people think what people say or what people believe. In more ways than one, diapers have helped me. they helped me keep calm, they give me confidence, they feel good to my body, and if you had a piece of really really succinct chocolate cake, and you wanted that cake, you're gonna take that cake and you're gonna eat that cake regardless. that thing is gonna smell so good, that thing is gonna feel good going down, you're going to remember the chocolate frosting or whatever. diapers are like the Creme de la Creme of the chocolate cake you could ever have in your life!

People Like @Evelyn Dellcerro and @Transfusionelle, @amorfraldaJR @~ashley~, and many more that I could never mention all of here, inspire me. Each one of these individuals have mean that in life, you have to make the decisions that make the most sense to you. people don't have to like your decisions, they don't have to understand your decisions, but it's always good if you have a team of individuals like my medical team or my support teams like my case management team, they understand my reasons, they support my decision, and they support me with help that will help me to be the best guy I can be. they're not afraid to wear diapers, they're not afraid to say they wear diapers, and they're not afraid to deal with what they're dealing with. this is because they deal with it everyday, and to me, someone who is willing to deal with a problem like that, and be able to deal with it in such a good way, makes me happy. these individuals have taught me that there's no reason that I should not be proud of who I am and what I am, I should be proud of the fact that I am so successful, and big deal if I wear a diaper around my waist! It's just a part of what we do on a daily basis, it's a way that makes us feel good, Or maybe another way to put it is this:

when you have the feelings that you feel, whether it be like mine, where I feel a diaper feels good, or when someone is autistic, they feel a diaper is helpful, because of the sound it makes are the way it feels or the way it looks or something like that, or because it's a sensory object, that sensory object or objects help you to deal with your environment. you might like something that feels really sticky, you might like something that feels really soft or you might like something that feels rubbery, diapers do that for many people, because that gives them their sensations that they like. As I keep saying, there's nothing wrong with this, because no one needs to worry about it. The people that need to know would know, and there's a good reason for all of these types of decisions.

Yes my doctor is fully aware of my use of diapers and my reasoning. He also states that it's a good reason. as I keep saying I'm not going to fight with my body and try to be Superman anymore. the first time that I try to do that, i'll end up on the floor and I'll hurt myself trying to hurry to the bathroom. hurrying to the bathroom really doesn't do anything for one, because all it does is make you try to run like crazy, And then all you do when you miss the toilet is you end up doing your business on the floor! if you're wearing a diaper, at least your diaper can help you, it can make you feel safe, comfortable, and it's like somebody giving you a big hug!

So as I say, be proud of who you are, be proud of what you are, and if and when someone decides that they need diapers, you can always look at the positives. Every time that you have a situation happen or you make a choice, they're always negative consequences or negative things that could happen, but In my case, all the positives outweigh the negatives, so much so that it makes more sense to me! I mean, everybody uses their underwear every day, so why not use diapers, it's a lot easier to deal with in my opinion!

you also have to realize that your feelings are very strong: your senses and you have five of them, are very very very sensitive to light heat sound sight, touch taste or smell. I'm sure that people like @Little Belle would agree that an autistic person, can be dealing with differing situations, and their autism fix them differently. what I mean by that is, Their senses may be cranked the max, and they can feel things, they can see things, they can smell things, taste, Et cetera. An Autistic person senses are probably very very ultra ultra sensitive, So if I give her a really soft blanket, or something that she really really really wants to have round, I bet you she wouldn't be able to put it down, and she would be using sensory object to elicit responses in her other senses. Something may smell really good to me, but to her it could smell 20 times better than that, because her senses are that much more sensitive. that also can be something that's a negative, because something that I hear like a Ding Dong of a doorbell, which is nothing to me, may sound like somebody took two semi trailers and smashed them together, because her senses are really really sensitive. it might even hurt her ears, or cause her problems with her senses. I can tell you from experience, that I understand what sensory means now: when you have a diaper on for example, there's nothing better, there's nothing finer, other than a glass maybe of the finest Ginger Ale or the finest wine or something. it feels so good, your senses are on overload, because it feels so good It looks so nice, it it sounds good, it smells good et cetera. And not only that, a diaper is a device that you can use and are expected to use. if you use it, there's no guilt involved, because you need it, you don't have to ask permission to use it, you don't have to worry about someone getting in trouble if you use it, because you use it. Your senses are the most important part of your body, you can feel your fingers You can feel your toes your legs and other things, and some people can't feel those things or are at a disadvantage because they don't feel it as good as you might. There's always a positive and every negative, but what I like about my friends, is that they always find a way to take a negative and take it and turn it into a positive.

Sometimes I wish that people that were close to me understood that. You don't have to take somebody's good nature, are good feelings, and throw them away to make somebody else feel good, so that they can go home and think that they won a battle or war! I'm not fighting a war here, I'm living my life, and it's the best life that I can live, and you're only able to live at once! I'm glad I have diapers, I'm glad that I finally can be the person I wanna be, and I don't have to feel guilty, don't have to hide it, nobody has to laugh at me, nobody has to make me feel bad, it's just there! I don't think anyone who isn't in my position understands quite what it feels like, and maybe it's something that I can't really describe. I'm sure Belle for example could tell me things about the way it makes her feel, but even when you feel something you might not be able to tell someone why it feels that way! it just feels good or looks good or sounds good. I'm sure that there are people with autism for example they have their favorite sensory object, and it might be something that makes a lot of crinkling noises, are snapping noises or popping noises or whatever! they use these devices because it makes them feel good, some people have whole entire rooms that are dedicated to sensory objects. maybe something that's prickly, maybe something tickles, maybe something is hot, maybe something is cold, but they have their way of dealing with their senses. you just have to be extra careful, because certain people their senses are very very sensitive, so you might not want to do something that you might do like for example yell yeeha,, because if you do that, it might scare somebody who senses are very sensitive to that type of stimulation. You can always have someone be over stimulated, and that's when you have a person who especially in autism, as far as I understand it where they are too stimulated, and they need to calm down. Then they would use other sensory objects to help them do it.

In closing, sensory objects have a good reason to exist in our lives. If you find the right sensory objects, depending on the situation, you can help someone with autism deal with almost anything. I have a friend of mine that has two boys, both over the age of 18, And they have autism. one of them is a tad bit different than his brother, because one will actually communicate with you using an ipad, while the other is still dealing with other situations in his life, and every single time something happens, their mother is proud of them, because you never know what an autistic person can do, And sometimes it surprises you, because if there is is a certain way that you can help them come out of their shell and be able to communicate, and that is really cool. I've gotten messages from a friend of mine who is autistic and that friend of mine is the one I'm talking about, and he'll tell me in a message, thank you, thank you, and I tell him that he's doing a good job, and he'll say thank you again! one of the things I've learned is that even when a person is disabled, even if they're autistic, You try to help them the best you can, because someday, whatever caused them to go into that world, May allow them to come out even if just for a little bit, or maybe there is something that they couldn't do, and now they can, because of some sort of stimuli. I hope and pray that someday, we can help more children and adults deal with autism, and not be judgmental, and think that people that are disabled may not be able to do something! sure they might not be able to play basketball, or they might not be able to be Olympic runners, but we can give it a good shot, and we can live our life to the fullest extent possible, having fun all the way.

So to my friends: I say go for it, embrace it, enjoy it!

Brian

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No my doctor doesn’t know i wear diapers. I have been to the doctor In a while and haven’t had to take my pants off at the doctors since I was a teenager or maybe younger I can’t remember. I am kinda tempted next time I go to the doctor to wear a diaper just to see if they would say anything. 

On 4/6/2023 at 4:30 PM, Goodniteswearer89 said:

No my doctor doesn’t know i wear diapers. I have been to the doctor In a while and haven’t had to take my pants off at the doctors since I was a teenager or maybe younger I can’t remember. I am kinda tempted next time I go to the doctor to wear a diaper just to see if they would say anything.   

That is because you are not yet to the age when you will need a colonoscopy When you reach that age, around 50, you will need to fully remove your lower clothing while they put you to sleep so that they can complete the exam with a camera and remove an polyps that they may find.  I am also surprised that they haven't done a rectal exam during your yearly/or less often physicals?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ken2988 said:

That is because you are not yet to the age when you will need a colonoscopy When you reach that age, around 50, you will need to fully remove your lower clothing while they put you to sleep so that they can complete the exam with a camera and remove an polyps that they may find.  I am also surprised that they haven't done a rectal exam during your yearly/or less often physicals?

@ken2988

How right you are! In June of this year, I will be scheduled to have the Colonoscopy. my father for example is 76 years old, and has had it several times, and told me it's nothing to worry about, but because I have trouble with some of the prep work, And because of my disability and the fact that I would have to be running back and forth to the toilet, and because it is easier for me to be in the hospital for these types of tests, the doctor will admit me For the night so that I can be sure that this gets done properly, and that we can get an accurate scan so that we know what is going on. i've also talked to him on a couple of occasions about any other tests that may be required, requesting that I am admitted, and he agreed. I'm getting to the point where I can't be fooling around trying to trying to do all this prep work, then try to figure out how I'm gonna get there, or how I'm gonna be able to get sleep at night when I have to have someone stay with me because I need help. the easiest way to take care of that is to just admit me to the hospital and do the procedure because it only lasts probably 2 hours or less, and then they end up having me in recovery and I'm home within a few hours.

Because of my incontinence, I will be wearing diapers through the entire procedure until it is time for them to do their duty with the camera. my dad tells me it's not a big deal, but he told me that when he had his Endoscopy they had to remove his trach tube, and then stuck the camera right down the hole that is left after my dad Treach Was removed. dad had both a colonoscopy and an anoscopy to make sure there was no cancers things down there, and he had the endoscopy because of the fact he was dealing with ulcers and they needed to make sure that they were healing and they weren't causing him any pain Period since my dad has difficulty with his breathing because of his tracheotomy sometimes it is hard for my dad to do certain things And one of them is to breathe. That has a bunch of different machines that he needs to use, so he is fully aware of what And then doskopy armed a cornoscopy will do. In this case because my dad is 76, he knows exactly what to we expect, and told me that there is nothing to worry about.

I also wanna make sure that they if they give me polyethylene glycol 3350, which is basically what they use when you do something like this, that based on the amount they wanna give me, and my control, I wanted to make sure that I have my diapers. Once they're done and they clean me out, I want to make sure that if I have to use it again, they will be able to help me with changes, and that is part of the reason why a hospital stay is important. we're not talking about something that is simple like going in and having an x-ray, this is more time consuming And because of my age, and the that I have CPI don't want to worry about it, and I don't need to be sweating bullets. My doctor is very adept at things, and knows exactly how to handle it.

One of the things that most people understand is that when you go to a doctor, they want to be able to do a full exam. There hasn't been a time when a doctor has not asked me to strip down and put on a johnny, this is this is because he will do a testicle exam to make sure that there are no lumps or anything that is amiss, Several times in the past six months or so, the doctor has just seen me and he hasn't had to do that type of an exam, but the doctor knows of my incontinence, because he's the one that helped me deal with it, and made sure I had what I needed to use to be able to deal with it. of course he's gonna know that, And when you are doing these type of exams you will not be able to just walk into a doctor's office and not have to remove your pants!

because of all of the professionals in my doctor's practice, they've seen it all! they are not worried about my incontinence, and even offered to help me change myself if I need the help, And if they ask me for the help and they were able to give it, then it would be something that I would accept, because it is within their purview to ask, and they have asked me before, but I have politely refused. someday if I get really ill I may need help from them, and their house has been a couple times when I have been severely ill, and not in a mood to want to do anything other than to sleep or to do something else, But most times it is not a big deal since my doctor and all of his staff are fully aware of my incontinence, and they've seen and dealt with many incontinent people, and I believe my doctor was once dealing in a family practice that dealt with little kids as well, so they had all of the necessary equipment to deal with little babies and young toddlers.

I've been told that a colonoscopy is nothing by my brother and by my father. I trust them both because they have dealt with it, and my brother James is probably injected enough die into somebody's body to probably go around the world at least twice. he has the idea that it is easy, and I trust him, I just don't want to be alone when this is being done because I want to make sure it is done right. As I said it's not as easy as taking an X Ray and just going into a changing room in an hour later come back out and go home. you're talking about having a camera go into your body and check for polyps and other growths that don't belong there, and hopefully they'll remove them if they find them. you also have to realize that the medicine they give you will clean you out, so you will not have control of your back passage until the procedure ends, because they want to clear you out, so they probably give you a little more than a full scoop of this stuff to make sure that you're clear. if there's one thing that I know, I won't have any control, so being incontinent you have to be prepared for it, and those nurses are professionals and would help you in a moment. I can't ask any of my support staff to help me with this, because my program guide is prohibited, unless I'm put into the highest needs program, which would require a whole new set of rules. So the easiest way for this to happen is for the hospital to help me, because they've done it all the time, and all they do is prep me upstairs and bring me downstairs and then do the procedure And then I'm in recovery in a few hours later I'm home.

Brian

On 4/6/2023 at 7:30 PM, Goodniteswearer89 said:

Not sure if you wear 24/7 or not.  If you do, it's not just issues with a colonoscopy that may require the removal of your pants as Ken said.  There can be other situations, such as a bad gash to your leg, knee or thigh.  Also perhaps urinary tract infections, hernia and even prostate checks.  All of those can happen at any age, and if you need a physical for any reason, that includes the "Turn your head and cough" process.

Be prepared to tell your doctor the truth about why you are wearing a diaper if you choose to go to an appointment with one on.  Be open and honest that you are a DL and just like to wear them.  If you try to come up with any kind of medical excuse, it won't fly.  A doctor has a lot more medical knowledge than you will ever have and can see right through any invented story you might come up with.  At the very least, he will want to have tests run and even refer you to a urologist.  After all, incontinence has an underlying reason including possible cancer, diabetes and who knows what all.  If you refuse he will want to know why, if you comply then it's going to cost you a lot of out of pocket expense for co-pay for all the tests and doctor referral appointments, even if you have insurance. Then they will still wonder when they don't find any causes and may want to keep running more tests or refer you to a big university medical center for in depth research.  Doctor's jobs are to get to the bottom of an issue and find a cure and they won't stop until they know what is causing the issue and find a treatment.  

Unless you already have a known and documented urinary incontinent condition, don't try and fool a doctor.  Just be upfront about being a DL if you wear to a doctor appointment where your diaper will be noticed.  Otherwise forgo wearing a diaper for the visit if you don't want a lot of medical questions and proposed tests and referrals.  

@rusty pins if I ever get up the nerves to go to the doctors with a diaper on I will let them know that I am a dl 

@ken2988 I kinda look forward to getting a rectal exam done and I’m surprised I haven’t been asked about getting a physical exam done when I have gone since I haven’t had one in a while 

My Doctor and diabetic nurse know I am incontinent and wear nappies 24/7. The doctor never mentions it but the nurse sometimes asks if I am managing my incontinence Ok. That is about as far as it goes.

On 10/20/2022 at 8:48 PM, Kawaharu said:

My doctor knows I wear diapers and it's also on my medical records as well. They know I am incontinent and know I wear them.

Same here it is plain to see on my notes. Incontinent and enuretic and in receipt of pads and slips from the NHS supply chain.

• Like 1
On 4/17/2023 at 4:22 AM, stevewet said:

Same here it is plain to see on my notes. Incontinent and enuretic and in receipt of pads and slips from the NHS supply chain.

All my doctors and Nurses know I wear adult diapers and I am incontinent. It's even on my medical records as well. On top of that, my primary care doctor knows I am an adult baby and it helps me cope and deal with being Incontinent and kept in diapers. 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

I would assume so as it was the doctors that told me I needed to wear "Absorbent products", still wish they'd just say diapers, as most of the products they had listed for me were adult diapers. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/1/2022 at 9:46 PM, zzyzx said:

@anned:

the VA only does TURP for the most part.

I wear medical diaper when I see the doctor, but he hasn't said anything, and I always make sure it isn't showing, so there is no reason he should know. 
Never had to pull up shirt, or pull down pants. 

He will know when/if I have to get the prostate checked. 
Doubt its gonna be any less embarrassing if I show up wearing pink training pants. 

7 hours ago, anned said:

the VA only does TURP for the most part.

@anned

Then I would recommend you strongly ask and request about alternatives.  In my opinion, there are a number of alternate procedures that should be considered before TURP these days.

After 25+ years 24/7, and many doctors later, you soon realize two things: The only one who cares about their style or type of underwear is you; your doctor may notice your underwear and may or may not comment. They really don't care if you need it or not, especially if you tell them that you've got it handled. Even if you just like to wear them and may or may not use them requires no explanation. It's easier to be shy and avoid the issue but bringing it out leads to freedom.

• Like 2

I have told a couple of my Dr's I don't now if they make notes in my files? not much has been said, but at my age a lot of people  use diapers. I have had hemorrhoids for 30 plus yrs and several operations and they still make a brief comment when I say I do a 4qt water enema every night so I can get away from the bleeding pain of trying to poop. And I will say it's my body and I say what they do to me. Most people have the Wrong attitude about a Dr, they will say we will do this test or that and what they want to do like stick a pipe up my penis and I will say no you will not. Going through many cancer surgeries etc, I have learned a lot, and I really don't care if any Dr says they don't like me using diapers as a solution to take care of my body. 

• Like 2

My urologist several years ago advised me my urine leakage would get worse, and the pads I used in the beginning will need to be upgraded at some point.  I have not told him I am using diapers now at night, after an agreement with my wife after a nighttime bed wetting episode.  My yearly is coming up in the fall again, and I may have to update him on that.

I do have a health care nurse call me monthly on behalf of my GP who I see twice a year, and I have spoken to my call nurse several times about my urine leakage getting worse and my urologist's prognosis so it is in my GP's medical charts.  What is not is that I wear diapers each night, but if the discussion moves in that direction, I will not avoid mentioning the fact to either my GP or my well care nurse.

• Like 2