LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Medical provider untaped my diaper for an exam. Not sure how to feel.

Hi all, 

I’m curious if others have ever gone to a doctors appointment wearing a diaper, and had to fully disrobe, and if so did you untape your diaper, or did the provider?  Did they ask you first? 

For context, I was an ABDL first and used to have “normal” bladder control. Though these days I am as diaper dependent as they come. 

Anyways I recently was at a doctors appointment for a skin check and I stripped down to my diaper and gowned  up.  When it came time for her to check my groin she said something reassuring and immediately started untaping my diaper.  She was struggling with the tapes, so I gave her a hand and she sheepishly said thanks.  After we were done she tried to retape, but again she struggled to get it right and I said allow me.

Let me be clear, I don’t think the provider did anything inappropriate. It was obvious she was trying to be helpful. My guess is she has minimal experience with active adults who wear diapers, and didn’t know what to do herself.   I imagine that when she exams most adults, she probably does the same approach of reassuring the patient and quickly lowering their underwear waistband so she can have a peak, before pulling it back up.  Its just that with diapers, it all felt so… vulnerable. More so, I think than it would have been if I was simply wearing underwear.  It’s hard to explain precisely what made it feel different.  I am also keenly aware that as an ABDL this is like a fantasy scenario. But as some who is incontinent and wears 24/7, there was nothing “hot” about it.  

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Enthusi said:

Hi all, 

I’m curious if others have ever gone to a doctors appointment wearing a diaper, and had to fully disrobe, and if so did you untape your diaper, or did the provider? 

For context, I was an ABDL first and used to have “normal” bladder control. Though these days I am as diaper dependent as they come. 

Anyways I recently was at a doctors appointment for a skin check and I stripped down to my diaper and gowned  up.  When it came time for her to check my groin she said something reassuring and started untaping my diaper.  She was struggling with the tapes, so I gave her a hand and she sheepishly said thanks.  After we were done she tried to retape, but again she struggled to get it right and I said allow me.

Let me be clear, I don’t think the provider did anything inappropriate. It was obvious she was trying to be helpful. My guess is she has minimal experience with active adults who wear diapers, and didn’t know what to do herself.   I imagine that when she exams most adults, she probably does the same approach of reassuring the patient and quickly lowering their underwear waistband so she can have a peak, before pulling it back up. Its just that with diapers, it all felt so… odd.  I am also keenly aware that as an ABDL this is like a fantasy scenario. But as some who is incontinent and wears 24/7, there was nothing “hot” about it. 

@Enthusi@DailyDi

I don't think I would have any problem with a medical professional untaping my diaper for an exam, especially since my doctors will probably look at my medical records online, when they pull me up on the system, and MOST of them KNOW of my diagnoses.  When they ask me to disrobe, they ask me if I need any help, and then giving me a robe or a Johnny to put on.  They will assist me if necessary, and they always ask if I need help, so this is NOT a problem for me.

Of course, I believe, ever since I was born, every six months or so, they would have Handicapped Children's Clinics, and they would be checking how I was doing with a whole bunch of benchmarks, and they would have me walk down the hall, and watch my gait - They would have me stripped all the way down to my undies (6-20). The FINAL time I had to do that was when I was 21 in about 1995, after that, I didn't have to go there anymore, because once you hit 21, they check you one more time, and then you don't have to do it anymore - Then you are no longer a child, so they don't have to do that anymore, but any disabled children have to do that until 21 years of age.

I guess I am now used to that, so I have no problems with them doing anything that they need to do medically, and the only thing I ask is that they let me know what they are doing, and when they will do it, so that if, for example, they wanted to Inject me, or draw blood from me, I DON'T want to move and make the process harder for them - I HATE when they just JAB you, and SLAM the plunger - THAT HURTS :(

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
Added Additional Information and Edited some information
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Enthusi said:

Hi all, 

I’m curious if others have ever gone to a doctors appointment wearing a diaper, and had to fully disrobe, and if so did you untape your diaper, or did the provider? 

Anyways I recently was at a doctors appointment for a skin check and I stripped down to my diaper and gowned  up.  When it came time for her to check my groin she said something reassuring and started untaping my diaper.  She was struggling with the tapes, so I gave her a hand and she sheepishly said thanks.  After we were done she tried to retape, but again she struggled to get it right and I said allow me.

Let me be clear, I don’t think the provider did anything inappropriate. It was obvious she was trying to be helpful. My guess is she has minimal experience with active adults who wear diapers, and didn’t know what to do herself.   I imagine that when she exams most adults, she probably does the same approach of reassuring the patient and quickly lowering their underwear waistband so she can have a peak, before pulling it back up. Its just that with diapers, it all felt so… odd.  I am also keenly aware that as an ABDL this is like a fantasy scenario. But as some who is incontinent and wears 24/7, there was nothing “hot” about it. 

Well buddy, that DEFINITELY DOES sound like an interesting story! It's a shame you didn't have an pee-pee diaper. I would've asked her to CHANGE my diaper, FOR FREE!??♥️?☺️????♥️?♥️??? That's just ANOTHER reason why Diapers Rock!????☺️????????♥️???????♥️????????????????????????

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BabyJeggySpideyBoy said:

Well buddy, that DEFINITELY DOES sound like an interesting story! It's a shame you didn't have an pee-pee diaper. I would've asked her to CHANGE my diaper, FOR FREE!??♥️?☺️????♥️?♥️??? That's just ANOTHER reason why Diapers Rock!????☺️????????♥️???????♥️????????????????????????

@BabyJeggySpideyBoy

I am sure that if you needed help with something like that, such as a change, and you could not do it yourself, being disabled, I am sure that it probably wouldn't be a problem. I CANNOT ask anyone to do that to me at HOME, or I would be in  violation of my Care Plan - I would have to be on the HIGHEST needs designation for that to be able to be done at HOME - I change myself at all times ;)

Brian

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Enthusi said:

Hi all, 

Being the adult baby and Incontinent, that's totally normal for me whenever I go to my doctors appointments. They always do a diaper check on me to make sure I am not leaking, pooping or developing a diaper rash. They even untape my diapers to check and retape them or even do a diaper change on me. They do those diaper checks on me simply because being incontinent and adult baby, they want to make sure I am using my diapers

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, ~Brian~ said:

@BabyJeggySpideyBoy

I am sure that if you needed help with something like that, such as a change, and you could not do it yourself, being disabled, I am sure that it probably wouldn't be a problem. I CANNOT ask anyone to do that to me at HOME, or I would be in  violation of my Care Plan - I would have to be on the HIGHEST needs designation for that to be able to be done at HOME - I change myself at all times ;)

Brian

Wow! that sounds PRETTY DEPRESSING Brian! I feel BAD for you.????☹️????? If I were you, I'd milk that disabled card for ALL it's worth. After all, that's what it's for. RIGHT?!?????☺️♥️? JK!????

• Confused 1

Skin cancer and Australians go together like cheese and burgers.  Sadly, my northern European complexion and a childhood in harsh Australian sun has made me a frequent flyer for skin checks.  They are an annual ritual and have already saved my life (melanoma) so great that you're having them.

The skin check requires them to take a look inside what we’d call “the diaper zone” so in my experience, what was done (ham-fistedly) was clinically valid.  The skin check involves stripping to my “underwear” (upcoming crisis: my last pair of underpants as disappeared so not sure what I’ll do for my next).  The examining doctor will successively pull down the pants front and back to take a quick peek so you’re totally on the money there.

I still have enough continence to manage these without nappies.  SHOULD things progress to the point where I don’t consider myself “safe” without a diaper, my contingency plan would be to wear one of those dreadful Depends “looks like underwear” things and hope for the best.  I probably wouldn’t rock up in a BetterDry.

What would I think about doing one of these diapered?  I’d be acutely embarrassed and find it highly awkward: about as far away from “hot” as you could imagine.

My next one is in September.  I still think I’m “good” for that one without a nappy for a couple of hours as it’s highly unlikely I will fall asleep at any time during the procedure ?

• Like 1

I had a medical professional un-tape my diaper once.

I found it quite disturbing. And I told her too...

I sat up, looked her straight in the eyes, and said "Ma'am, I'm only here to get my teeth cleaned!"

???

• Haha 8
4 hours ago, Diapered Dave said:

I had a medical professional un-tape my diaper once.

I found it quite disturbing. And I told her too...

I sat up, looked her straight in the eyes, and said "Ma'am, I'm only here to get my teeth cleaned!"

???

Why did she un-tape your diaper in the first place if you were there to get your teeth cleaned?!?? That's what I DON'T get!???????????????♥️??

I have had skin cancer and periodic full-body dermatology checks are necessary.  For a dermatology full-body scan it is a given that your privates will be included in the scan.  

Although I normally wear a premium tabbed diaper, I wear a pullup when I expect the physician or technician to need access to that area.  If the circumstances require me to wear a tabbed diaper, I usually will unfasten the top tapes, leaving the bottom tapes fastened.  This will make it easier either to fold down the top front of the diaper or to slide the diaper down.

As my dermatologist is female, I always feel awkward when the time comes for her to check that part of my anatomy.?For a full check she must handle my privates briefly, but she always asks for permission first and is completely professional.

--John

(double incontinent)

On 6/4/2022 at 2:19 AM, BabyJeggySpideyBoy said:

Why did she un-tape your diaper in the first place if you were there to get your teeth cleaned?!?? That's what I DON'T get!???????????????♥️??

its a joke.

• Like 1

I find it easier to pull down the diaper than to open the tapes as the tapes rarely fasten that good after again.
This will require that you wear something that holds the diaper up, as it will get looser, but it will still work.

Never done this at the doctor, but do it all the time when I have to do #2.

• Like 1

I'm with Dubious.  I just pull it down to poo.  While I'm sure doctors have seen all kinds of patients in diapers, there could be many ways to handle the situation. Knowing they have to examine those areas, perhaps they know you are aware they have to do so and so they just take it upon themselves to untape your diaper.  After all, when I need my doc to examine those areas he tells me to pull down my underwear.  Frankly, since the diaper has to come down and you are aware of that, what difference is it if you or the doctor untapes it?  Yes, I agree there is a difference to that question.  If you untape it, it could ruin the diaper and you may not be able to retape it.  It could tear the plastic backing where the tape is attached.  You might decide it's better to just slide it down like Dubious said.  In any case, the doctor could just say, "I need to examine your groin area.  Can you untape or pull down your brief?"  There could be many reasons the doctor just went and untaped the diaper.  I see the original poster is listed as "Adult Kid" and not as "Incontinent".  Is the doctor aware of the "Adult Kid" status, is Incontinence listed in the medical chart, is the doctor aware that diapers may or may not actually be required medically or that diapers may be a personal decision?  Maybe the woman doctor's maternal instincts came out during the exam, especially if somehow she is aware of the "Adult Kid" feelings of her patient and she just untaped the diaper as if she were going to change a kid's diaper.

I don't ever remember having a doctor or nurse remove my underwear, and I've had a series of examinations by multiple professionals due to testicular pain. Even with all those exams, I was asked to remove my underwear. This was before I was 24/7 so I had on regular underwear. 

2 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

I don't ever remember having a doctor or nurse remove my underwear, and I've had a series of examinations by multiple professionals due to testicular pain. Even with all those exams, I was asked to remove my underwear. This was before I was 24/7 so I had on regular underwear. 

Having had the pleasure, I can see how the practitioner needs to do it during a skin check.  I was done side by side, turned like a slab of meat.  For the buttock-check, I was laying face down on an examination table.  The guy started at the back of my head and worked his way done.  Where I was laying, I would have been in no position to assist in lowering my underwear.  Similarly for the front check, flat on my back with my arms extended above my head.

Every time the Dr informs me of what he is about to do and I guess I could decline if I felt it necessary.

To date I haven't been in a nappy for this but he HAS I'm sure noticed the completely hairless nature of my "nappy zone" and only after the last one did I realise that there was sudocreme still there!

• 2 weeks later...

As I am incontinent I always wear a pull-up when I visit the doctor, but I mostly wear my fitted terry nappies and plastic pants if I am out and about. I had a call from the dr when I was at the shops, she said to come in straight away. I felt safe as it was about something ‘above the waist’, but while I was there I asked her about nappy rash, to which she said “well, let’s have a look”! She was completely unabashed and ‘matter of fact’ as we had a conversation about keeping the area clean, my green credentials for wearing washable nappies. The thing that she did not mention was that the nappy had a somewhat babyish print on the outside, so I dare say that went on my file. She also told me to let the area get some fresh air occasionally and not wear a nappy. So I now try to do the gardening in a pair of shorts only but after an hour or two they are rather wet, but the rash is under control. I have great respect for doctors, but they have seen stuff that most of us would not and are unphased.

• Like 3

I genuinely believe, as someone who’s experienced way to many medical diaper changes (it’s not the fancy you think it is) there’s way to much over thought into this. 

in my experiences, doctors find it ackward to talk about diaper, and your nurse is just getting a task done. If you had left your underwear on, they would just slide it down to see what they are looking for they aren’t going to go “wow that’s underwear let me stop and make a big deal out of this” . It’s really no different when it’s a diaper, there’s a job to do and they get it done. I absolutely promise they find it more ackward then you ever thought it even was but they also don’t want to make a big deal of diapers and get them in an ackward spot.

As some who’s had there diapers changed in a medical setting, it’s actually really ackward, the vast majority of the time it’s a nurse who has one goal… to change the diaper. I’ve been awoken to a diaper change in the hospital well asleep and it’s extremely ackward and yet I understand it’s even more ackward to ask me before doing as diapers carry a vary high social Sigma.

NOw you know why I do not wear out: Period. No diaper; no distraction

They kind of do have that right. How can they diagnose what they cannot get at? In some cases, you can refuse but that goes on the record and is interpreted as being flaky or the like and there may be qufestions

When I was in the nursing home recovering from eye surgery, in the first week I was given the daily sponge bath buck nedded by one of the nurses and even after I could do that myself, the same was true of showers

You will just have to get used to it

I am a lifelong nudist and i couldn't care less what they do. Two years ago i spent almost 4 months in the hospital and was changed all the time.

I did refuse to mess my diaper, but had a lot of wet diaper changes by the nurses.

Going for showers, i would take off my wet diaper and hand i to the nurse.

If it was a skin check, then

1) it was appropriate to need to look under the diaper (they do a full head to bottom of feet).  

2) i think if a patient was wearing underwear, they would ask “do you mind lowering your underwear so I can look at X area?” (Assuming an assistant was in the room) 

3) with diapers, it’s possible she didn’t want to assume you DIDNT need assistance, and/or she may have been thinking “oh wait, if they take it off can they get it back on or did they bring a spare?”, or who knows…maybe it was a “hey I can just quickly undo/redo?” (Kindof like a bandage)

of all the scenarios, I’m actually leaning toward the last one… cuz doctors (especially dermatologists) will do frequent bandage checks and commonly undue a bandage themself / redo it.