LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What Is The Worst Diaper You Have Used?

rusty pins

Many topics on what people's favorite diapers are, but here is a new one, I think.  What diapers have you used over time that you consider the worst?  Compare apples to apples and not apples to oranges.  What I mean by that is don't try to compare a MEGA MAX diaper to a diaper you get from Sam's Club or Walmart as they aren't even in the same class.  I get a lot of my diapers from thrift stores and Goodwill, new in sealed packages and they might run me $3 to $4 per package.  I never know what they may have when I go in.  No, I never see Abena, Betterdry or Confidry 24/7 diapers but I often see the low or moderate diapers.  McKesson, Attends, Prevail and others that generally last constant wetting for around 3 to 4 hours before having to be changed.

Of those lower end diapers, I have tried a package of plastic backed "Value" brand diapers a friend got me on a close out sale from a store in his town that was going out of business.  Terrible and I rank them with one of the worst diapers.  For a lower end name brand, WINGS by Covidien tops my list as the worst disposable diaper.  Kendall, Ambez and Curity disposable diapers from about 35 years ago were terrible but I don't believe they are still made.  Wings are.  I used them in the past and hated them, but in a moment of madness a few years ago I bought another pack at Goodwill.  I have a few left and either use one as a stuffer or wear one when I only have about an hour or so to enjoy.  They are terrible and the worst is the package says for heavy use!

Tell us what the worst diapers you have ever used are, and why you hate them.  What were the issues and problems you had with them.

Don't remember the brand anymore?. But it had a ugly colour couldn't hold to much and the plastic felt the same as a garbage bag.

Also had one from I think mydiaper, it couldn't hold much unfortunately and didn't sit to well. But it's not the worst because it had cute prints on it and was cheap compared to the other adult diapers with cute print (but that cheapness was very noticable). 

Worst diaper I have ever used is Depends.  I utterly, utterly hated the green color of them at the time- 1995- as Attends were my go-to diaper but had to settle for Depends once and I was not impressed, they leaked, did not fit well like Attends so Depends were the worst- to this day I will not use a Depends product.  Another one that was bad was a drug store brand I used once a while back that was so thin it did not last long and leaked as I am a heavy wetter due to an overlarge bladder.  

So- for me the worst was Depends. 

BabyChris

Walgreens store brand. The first one leaked like a sieve, fortunately I was home when I discovered this. Examining others from the package the backing was perforated, so it was just like a sieve. I had to mail the rest of the package back to Walgreens Corporate to get a refund.

A close second, I don't remember the name, but in the mid '90s the company sold their top diaper under both an ABDL friendly name and medical name. Under the medical brand they sold lower quality diapers too. I ordered a case of the lower quality diapers expecting a similar quality diaper with just a lower capacity. Nope, these were designed for use by bedridden immobile patients. Depends at the time would at least stay on if your wore, these would literally fall off after a short while of walking around or any other movement. The only reason they don't rate higher is that when I emailed the company to complain, they apologized, explained what they were for and sent me a case of the other diapers as a replacement for free.

Depends used to make a diaper that had elastic strips in the package that you had to use to wear them. It was like a tiny little loincloth and couldn't absorb more than a few thimbles of pee. Awful idea.

11 hours ago, WetDad said:

Depends used to make a diaper that had elastic strips in the package that you had to use to wear them. It was like a tiny little loincloth and couldn't absorb more than a few thimbles of pee. Awful idea.

I remember them when they first came out in the late 1970's.  The "diapers" were just one long flat piece that had a button hole front and back on each side that you had to button those elastic straps to. While this isn't the Depends one, it gives people the idea on what they were like back then  Pin on Diapers (pinterest.com).  Now days what might take the place would be pull on disposable underpants.

@rusty pins

I would have to say that, based on what I have dealt with that Prevail Air are ONE of the worst.  I ended up simply peeing through it, and it was not designed for people who are incontinent at ALL.

I will also say that ALL CLOTH BACKED products that are made today, are NOT designed for what they claim to be.  I NEED plastic backed products, and products that WORK!  I Cannot use anything that is not designed for heavy release, and the only way to get QUALITY products is:

1.  Go to the BEST products available for TOTAL incontinence

2.  Go to Northshore:  Because @NorthShoreAdamknows how to MAKE quality products ;)

Brian

True that, but again I don't compare apples to oranges.  No way that a cloth backed Prevail diaper is even close or comparable to a Mega Max or Northshore Supreme diaper.  I have used Prevail cloth backed diapers and they are, for the 3 hours in the morning I wear it while sitting at the computer, adequate for that particular use.  For all day or extended wear it would never hold up.  It depends on your usage of a diaper.  If I was incontinent and had to use diapers 24/7 or even overnight when sleeping, I would never choose a diaper like Depends, Prevail, McKesson or any lower to mid range diaper.  I would choose, for that usage, Betterdry, Abena, Northshore or any of the good premium diapers. For light bladder issues where you need more than a pull on disposable underpant or pad but not bad enough for a premium diaper, lower end diapers can serve a purpose if they are good enough.  Some are way better than others in that lower end category.

• Like 1

Any of the low-grade diapers that you can buy in drug stores and supermarkets would probably qualify. If I had to choose a winner, it would probably be the Tena breathables with tabs - the Velcro-style taps rip the fuzz off of the diaper and get choked up and won't reattach, the diaper sags almost immediately, they hold less than Pampers designed for preschoolers, and they leak randomly and unpredictably, sometimes on first use. In terms of bad ABDL diapers, the Play Dayz cloth-backed diapers are, I think, only designed for "play days" - they look cute and they're initially comfortable, but the stuffing falls down into the bottom center of the diaper in short order, and they are "breathable" but don't seem to employ the same chemical countermeasures that most of the better brands, and certainly, the national baby brands do. So, the stuffing fell to the middle and started to emanate noticeable pee smells after about three hours - not the performance I was expecting of a diaper costing $4. 

Once in the UK I was forced to buy a bag of store-brand pullups that looked like someone's grandmother's underwear, because I was right in downtown London and that drugstore was the only place within walking distance. The elasticized waist pulled up almost to my nipples and the whole thing had a strange, racy cut to it, like it had been designed for use at an incontinence Moulin Rouge. They weren't comfortable, and 80% of the padding was above my waist level, so they didn't hold a lot, either. I left whatever remained in the package when I checked out - they were not making the trip home. 

One of the worst: Tena Cloth-like, compared with Tena Active Fit with plastic being the best.

Cloth-like has to be refastened all the time as it gets loose. 
If you turn a lot in bed you might end up with diaper around your ankles, from experience.

Years ago (this was 1982 or so), there were these fan fold briefs called dry control or something like that.   Extremely thin, not absorabent, and more crinkly than anything I had ever worn.

The worst modern thing I've ever come across is the Willow briefs.   Absolutely useless.   Even a drop of urine comes through.    They quoted that they were the Dollar Shave Club of incontinence products which is apt because DSC makes a useless product as well (I finally cut them loose the second time I had a cartridge come apart while I was using it leaving shards of blades stuck in my face).

Depends.. They were thin, leaked, the padding clumped and settled.. even without wetting. Horrible product.. What's worse, you'd think in the last 20 years they'd "Improve" them and though they do make those claims, they are generally the same crappy product that they were 20 years ago. Honestly I laugh every time I see one of their commercials as I know how bad their products really are. When I found places like ABU I was like "Now this is how they should be made" I get their model.. of "Trying to be discreet" but "discreet" doesn't give you much protection. I rather wear a thick diaper that may be obvious but offers proper protection than wear something paper thin that leaks but won't be seen under clothing. Because, really, people will know after it leaks.

I am going to shake thing up a bit. I will say the worst diaper I have ever used for the PRICE is hands down the XP Medical XP5000's. Every single one of them I have used has had pinhole leaks. The plastic is awful and rips easily and the wicking if you manage to get it to not leak or give up is atrocious too. Terrible product for almost $2 a piece. Never again.

On 9/13/2021 at 11:56 PM, Nyte Kitsune said:

I rather wear a thick diaper that may be obvious but offers proper protection than wear something paper thin that leaks but won't be seen under clothing. Because, really, people will know after it leaks.

I agree with this completely. When I first started wearing diapers during the day, I tried to find diapers that I could fit under my existing wardrobe, and that was a mistake, because it lead me to buy quiet, breathable, slim diapers that weren't detectable... but they also weren't diapers, really, if a diaper is supposed to allow the person wearing it to feel secure and relaxed. If you're constantly scanning for failures and planning ahead like you're piloting an experimental ultralight cross-country, you are not living your best diapered life. No toddler I've ever met planned anything in advance, or worried much about consequences. Now, I choose my wardrobe to fit over my diapers, and as a result, I can wear products that can be forgotten about for hours at a time. Leaks are much more of a discretion failure than whispered crinkling or baggy shorts. 

I have purchased years ago diapers with different prints from the brand Mydiaper and I think that might be the diaper I would categorize as worst of what I have tried. Not really a good diaper IMO

Covidien (Kendall) 60044 Simplicity Adult Briefs that i got from the VA

.i can not find anyplace on the internet that sells them, they just seem to be what Kendall sells to the VA and are the worst junk i have ever seen

• 3 weeks later...

When Depends switched to ‘cloth’ backed diapers with Velcro tabs. Man did those diapers seriously suck bad…the tabs didn’t work, they may have held about half a cup of pee maximum and they felt like you were wearing a paper towel.  Hands down the worst diaper I’ve ever worn. 

My second worst diaper would have to be a Cuddlz original diapers and I only say this because I was in a pub and the plastic backing split (which I was unaware of) and I peed in it while sitting at my table and suddenly I felt wet beyond the confines of where my diaper ended and when I felt under the table and discovered that my pants were soaked I quickly asked for my bill. I payed (and left a very generous tip [200%)and immediately headed out to my car but not without passing by my waitress in the lobby of the pub and I apologized profusely for the mess that I had left (thankfully I was in a wooden chair so there wasn’t any upholstery to damage just a small puddle in the carpeting). I explained that my diaper had failed me and torn open as she could tell from my soaking wet pants and apologized again and left and I haven’t been back since. 

• Sad 1