LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Vaccine Shots

1 hour ago, DailyDi said:

If you are looking to get the shots, check Walgreens.com - I just scheduled to get my first one tomorrow!

Congratulations! ?I just got my second shot the other day! I had some symptoms but nothing major. Just a headache and chills but now I'm fine.????

• Like 1

What I've been hearing from peops in my circle- friends/ family- who opted to get the shot are the first dose is hunky dory, no problemo. But second shot is when they all experienced the 'fun' side effects. So for second dose...perfect excuse to stay in bed/ lounge around all day, pad up and cuddle with a stuffy or caregiver. :cute-baby-smiley-emoticon:

CVS is also doing appointments on their website.  Though, as soon as they dropped the min age to 40 last Monday here in FL, the county health department called me same day to book me at a county-set-up site for Wednesday.  I was facing a two-hour drive to the closest CVS that had inventory...

My Walgreens had plenty of open appointments, so people don't seem to know about it yet. I was on the list for the local hospital's program but Walgreens is a couple miles from my house so very convenient

1 hour ago, Cute_Kitten said:

What I've been hearing from peops in my circle- friends/ family- who opted to get the shot are the first dose is hunky dory, no problemo. But second shot is when they all experienced the 'fun' side effects. So for second dose...perfect excuse to stay in bed/ lounge around all day, pad up and cuddle with a stuffy or caregiver. :cute-baby-smiley-emoticon:

That's what I have heard as well. My mom had cold chills from the second shot, it was kind of funky, her skin was hot around the  injection site, and cold everywhere else.

1 hour ago, DailyDi said:

My Walgreens had plenty of open appointments, so people don't seem to know about it yet. I was on the list for the local hospital's program but Walgreens is a couple miles from my house so very convenient

That's what I have heard as well. My mom had cold chills from the second shot, it was kind of funky, her skin was hot around the  injection site, and cold everywhere else.

Some of my relatives/ friends either work in the medical field or are front-line workers, so because of that they were able to get their shots early. The side effects and severity varied between them, but it was mostly hot/cold chills, very achy, generally just feeling like crap. Only one or two had very mild to no side effects. Hopefully you'll be one of the lucky ones who don't! 

13 minutes ago, Cute_Kitten said:

Some of my relatives/ friends either work in the medical field or are front-line workers, so because of that they were able to get their shots early. The side effects and severity varied between them, but it was mostly hot/cold chills, very achy, generally just feeling like crap. Only one or two had very mild to no side effects. Hopefully you'll be one of the lucky ones who don't! 

I've had both of the shots at this point. First shot I was just really tired for a couple of days after. The second one I was tired, but also between 24-35 hours or so had some chills. By the 48 hour mark I was fine though. That seems to be par for the course from what I've heard from all of my medical field connections. Knowing that I have less than a 5% chance of catching it now, and a pretty much 0% of negative outcomes if I do means my peace of mind is definitely improved from it. Worth doing it in my opinion!

11 minutes ago, BabySofia said:

I've had both of the shots at this point. First shot I was just really tired for a couple of days after. The second one I was tired, but also between 24-35 hours or so had some chills. By the 48 hour mark I was fine though. That seems to be par for the course from what I've heard from all of my medical field connections. Knowing that I have less than a 5% chance of catching it now, and a pretty much 0% of negative outcomes if I do means my peace of mind is definitely improved from it. Worth doing it in my opinion!

Which vaccine did you get?

26 minutes ago, Dubious said:

So, do you have to pay for the vaccine?
Since you get them at supermarkets and other stores..

Insurance covers them, and I think the government picks up the cost for the uninsured.

• Like 1

I got my second shot on Mar 11

You can also check CVS

my g/f got her's late jan/early feb. the first one was just "oh yea, i got the first one today". the second one kicked her butt! she got a fever, chills, felt tired, a headache, and her arm at the injection site swelled up all hot and tender. the fever, chills etc lasted for about 36-48 hours, but her arm was swollen, hot and tender for almost a week after. 

i'm looking to get the J&J shot, since watching her go through that really made me look forward to it lol

I'll pass too. ? Someone was talking about something like standing up against a wall, or being tied to a post for a shot......just didn't 'quite' sound right to me....so, no thanks.

• Like 1

Just stay away from AZ, which got a new name to escape the bad publicity. 

I would wait with J&J until other people have taken it, as far as I remember, its the same type as AZ

20 hours ago, vvp39 said:

I got my second Pfizer shot yesterday. First flu shots I've ever had.... 

It's not a flu shot!  It's a Covid-19 vaccine.  BIG DIFFERENCE!  I work at a hospital and got my first shot, Pfizer on January 6th, second shot on January 26.  No side effects at all, and 98% of my coworkers had no side effects.  Those that did ranged from sore arm where the injection was given, being tired for a day and one had a slight swelling in her tongue for half a day.  The benefits to yourself and especially those around you that you may come in contact with far outweigh minor side effects.

This is my opinion and most people I know agree with me.  You are a fool if you don't get this vaccine, mask and keep social distancing, even after getting your vaccine!  This is not over and some people seem to play the whole thing off as a joke or not take it seriously even in the face of millions of deaths around the world.  Why?  Partly because they would rather listen to people in their political party who have been downplaying this for a year (and many of whom have contracted Covid-19 themselves, some dying after attending big political rally's sitting shoulder to shoulder with other unmasked idiots).  Even president Trump and his wife came down with it, were hospitalized and still hosted huge events with no social distancing or mask requirements.  People would rather blindly follow their political party leaders with absolutely no education or experience on the virus instead of people like Dr Fauci or other experts like the World Health Organization (which, by the way, Trump pulled the USA out of).  These people have been trained for years and are world wide experts in their field.  To put it in perspective, if you were rushed to the hospital and needed open heart surgery, would you want the best heart surgeon or you local senator to perform the surgery?  Why then do you blindly believe everything your local congressman, governor or senator tells you and not the experts in their field like Dr Fauci and others?  

One last thing.  When word of the vaccine came out last December, people were calling pleading for the vaccine even though they were not eligible for it yet.  I had people actually crying because of their age and underlying conditions waiting for a chance to get vaccinated.  Now that most states have opened eligibility to most everyone, I get people calling to change their schedule, saying they missed their appointment, they want the J&J vaccine instead of Moderna or Pfizer, etc.  It seems that now it's pretty sure everyone can get their vaccine, the selfishness is coming out.  Rather than saying, "Thank God!  I'll be there on whatever date you tell me for whatever vaccine is available", people are taking it for granted and saying, "Don't you have any other time available?", or, "I'll just wait for the J&J vaccine" (which might not ever be available in their part of the country).  Some people are now to the point where they won't even postpone a hair appointment for their vaccine and then cry when they have to wait another 4 weeks for another vaccine availability.  I hope as more and more vaccines become available it gets to the point you can just walk in to Walgreens or CVS and get the Covid-19 vaccine with no appointment, like you can with the flu shots.  Bottom line:  DON'T BE A FOOL!  GET YOUR VACCINE, PROTECT YOURSELF AND THOSE AROUND YOU!  If you're stupid and don't, I won't feel as bad for you when you are in the hospital on a ventilator gasping out your last breath as I do for the innocent people you pass it to who I see dying of Covid-19 in my hospital because they came in contact with an idiot who didn't distance or wear a mask and that dying person couldn't get vaccinated in time.  It's real, I see it every day in person, and those who don't work in a hospital just need to watch the nightly news with the numbers of people with Covid-19, over crowded hospitals with no rooms left and those rising numbers of the dead.  DON'T YOU DARE TELL ME IT'S ALL FAKE!  IT'S FOR REAL!!! 

• Like 4
17 hours ago, Dubious said:

So, do you have to pay for the vaccine?
Since you get them at supermarkets and other stores..

Found this on the web - 

"The federal government is providing the vaccine free of charge to all people living in the United States, regardless of their immigration or health insurance status."

If you choose not to take the vaccine, I think you're making a big mistake, especially because we are still in a global pandemic that is a serious PITA.  The quickest way for us to get rid of this damn thing is for us to get vaccinated, which is why nobody is really worried about Polio.  In my dad's childhood, that was a concern.  Vaccines are life savers, and it's important to take them if you're able, because it helps keep other people from getting seriously ill.   In my opinion it's a selfish act to not take the vaccine, and it's cowardly.    You're listening to anecdotal stories, and not listening to medical professionals. 

However, acting selfish and cowardly is your right.  You do you, and live with judgement of others that follows.  However, your right to recommend that others not take it, or mock others by saying "I'm not putting that sh*t in my arm!" is irresponsibly.  You're delivering medical advice to others without having the training.  It's morally irresponsible.  Just say "I don't want to take it."  I've got 3 doctors in my immediate family, and I trust their advice far more than anybody else.  I also trust the doctors that are on my medical team.   That's the same with everybody else- they don't need medical advice like this from amateurs that goes against the advice of medical professionals.

I took my #2 Moderna on Friday.  My arm hurts a little worse than a flu shot, and the pain was worse about 30 hours after the shot, but even then it wasn't unbearable .  I played golf the next day.     The shot is free.   I took mine from a pharmacy and gave my insurance number, so maybe they charged my insurer, or maybe the government just paid for it.   Either way, from my perspective, I checked in, waited in line, took my shot, waited 15 minutes and went home.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, DailyDi said:

Shot 1 done. Took about 20 minutes and didn't even hurt.

Same here!?

35 minutes ago, spark said:

If you choose not to take the vaccine, I think you're making a big mistake, especially because we are still in a global pandemic that is a serious PITA.  The quickest way for us to get rid of this damn thing is for us to get vaccinated, which is why nobody is really worried about Polio.  In my dad's childhood, that was a concern.  Vaccines are life savers, and it's important to take them if you're able, because it helps keep other people from getting seriously ill.   In my opinion it's a selfish act to not take the vaccine, and it's cowardly.    You're listening to anecdotal stories, and not listening to medical professionals. 

However, acting selfish and cowardly is your right.  You do you, and live with judgement of others that follows.  However, your right to recommend that others not take it, or mock others by saying "I'm not putting that sh*t in my arm!" is irresponsibly.  You're delivering medical advice to others without having the training.  It's morally irresponsible.  Just say "I don't want to take it."  I've got 3 doctors in my immediate family, and I trust their advice far more than anybody else.  I also trust the doctors that are on my medical team.   That's the same with everybody else- they don't need medical advice like this from amateurs that goes against the advice of medical professionals.

I took my #2 Moderna on Friday.  My arm hurts a little worse than a flu shot, and the pain was worse about 30 hours after the shot, but even then it wasn't unbearable .  I played golf the next day.     The shot is free.   I took mine from a pharmacy and gave my insurance number, so maybe they charged my insurer, or maybe the government just paid for it.   Either way, from my perspective, I checked in, waited in line, took my shot, waited 15 minutes and went home.

Those are all good points! @spark