LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Betterdry diapers

Today I opened a new case of Betterdry diapers that I bought recently. I had recently bought a bag of Abena M4's and a bag of Molicare Slip Maxis to try out because the Betterdry mediums I was using fit precariously tight on me. I was very disappointed in how thin they both were and decided to stick with the betterdrys because I had some confidence in their capability. I had been using the Abenas and Molicares around the house.

When I pulled out the first diaper from the new case of Betterdrys I could tell immediately they felt different. They felt a lot thinner than the diapers in my last case. Anyone who wore Confidrys regularly will recognize where this is going. The just keep cutting quality with no announcement while keeping the price the same. Since I don't have any choice on whether I wear when we leave the house so I put one on. I keep a spare in my handbag so I can change out when it gets near capacity. I never got the opportunity. We had met someone for lunch and I was drinking iced tea and wetting as usual when we left to go to our next stop for my wife's one hour therapy appointment. I stayed in the truck and napped. Our next stop was for few groceries and I was concerned so I stayed in the truck. By the time we got home my jeans were wet, the truck seat had wet spots and the diaper was soaked to about an inch below the back waist of it. We left the house at  11 and got home at about 4. In the past this would not have been a risk at all. I very seldom needed to change while we were out as I could usually get 7 to 8 hours out of a Betterdry.

I'm so sick of these companies ripping us off like this. I'm done with Betterdrys, they are no better than theives as far as I'm concerned. I'm on a fixed income and I can't afford ABDL diapers for full time daily use. I don't know what I'm going to do at this point.

Hugs,

Freta

• Sad 2
13 minutes ago, FretaBWet said:

I'm so sick of these companies ripping us off like this. I'm done with Betterdrys, they are no better than theives as far as I'm concerned. I'm on a fixed income and I can't afford ABDL diapers for full time daily use. I don't know what I'm going to do at this point.

Hugs,

Freta

@FretaBWet@LilRugrat

I keep saying that companies should make QUALITY diapers, because being incontinent is NO FUN, and when you have to TELL a company what a "diaper" is, by having them visit rearz.ca, then you KNOW that there is something wrong with the quality of the product they they put out.  I don't know how these companies can even THINK that ANYTHING that is not plastic backed in nature is even acceptable, because we KNOW they want to "cheap out" and get away with something.  When you have companies that won't even AUTHORIZE anything quality without proving that what I am wearing is leaking all over floor, then you basically fight a losing battle, because they don't WANT us to have the best, they want us to have to wear the least helpful products they make, so the state for example can spend less then .02/diaper, and that way, they can allow us to have 300 units a month, while my megamaxes are $227 or so/month, and they work well for me, so they let me keep them.  ANY diaper that is out there today that is as bad as Prevail, or any other brand that has no absorption, no odor control, and no way to keep you DRY, is NOT a diaper, its a JOKE :(

Diapers are NOT NOT NOT Pull-ups, and Pull Ups are NOT NOT NOT Diapers!  I swear the diapers I wore in the 70's as a baby are better then the ones they make us use when we are SEVERELY TOTALLY Incontinent.  The Diapers my brother wore when he was 2 are better than what they make NOW, and I don't know why that is so much better then cheaping out on those of us that NEED quality diapers and other supplies ;(

They can get away with this, because Medicare can make policy about things like this, and when does ANYTHING the. government does nowadays make SENSE?  It doesn't :(

I don't know how we could force any changes to better products, but I FEEL your Pain.  Several times when talking to @DailyDi. @spoonchicken. @~ashley~, Yourself, or others, I have flooded a diaper and was leaking all over hell!  I wish we could make these fools wear what they pawn off as diapers, and make them wear the junk - some of the "diapers" they make today cause problems with skin breakdown, and that is no fun either:  I've even used my barrier cream as @Evelyn Dellcerrosuggests, and sometimes, you STILL get rashes, but anything made quality is better than any Diaper they make today!!

**Hugs**

Brian

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It really sucks when a brand you depend on goes downhill.  I can still remember when Attends were decent diapers and could hold more than a couple of ounces.  We do have very high quality diapers but I just noticed a case of MegaMax diapers here in Canada is pushing 200 dollars.  I love Rearz but I can only really justify buying them when they go on sale.  

I can understand why incontinent folks on fixed incomes become homebodies.  If all you can afford are the cheaper brands then it's not worth the risk of a major leak when you're out running errands.

This is pretty annoying and is also resonating with me.  I'm just into a new case and I'm just now trying to decide if they are indeed LESS absorbent than before AND more prone to blow-outs (I've had the tape tearing the front a few times).  I wear them as a night nappy during the week.  Strangely however, the pack weight (my usual metric for deducing content) did not seem to have substantially changed.  It was a few grams less but to be honest, within the tolerance for error I would have thought.

It's not even as though they were the same price as before.  The price went UP (again) with the last shipment in.  They are perilously close to losing my business to Rearz.

I LOVE BetterDry,

...But there's a bit of a tutorial required first...

When you first open the pack of BetterDry Diapers, they need time to expand. 

Take a couple out of the pack so they can Breathe.

When you grab a fresh BetterDry Diaper, the wings need a thorough stretching, otherwise you might not get the right fit.

The Landing zone doesn't allow error, and it also doesn't provide any markings for taping reference.

This creates a blank white space with little information of where each tape goes,

And once the tape it's placed it's stuck there.  You could peel off and use the Second-Chance tape but I don't recommend it...

HOWEVER,

If you don't mind stretching the diaper before you put it on, and learning "the hard way" where each tape goes....

The BetterDry diapers are fantastic for bedwetting.

They're very cost effective and super absorbant, especially with a booster and a ProTec Brief.

• Like 2

@CodHero24Thank you!!! We did take it straight out of the package. We will try allowing breathe time and will report back with the findings! We both use betterdry and have had good results. You have restored my hope in these working for us again! 

• Like 1

Better to break in or fluff your diaper before you put it on. This will help with the absorbency and make it more comfortable as well. The diaper should be shaped as in the photo below. Hope this helps.

IMG_0364.jpg

I fear I have to agree concerning the betterdry diapers.

I only recently desided to try them, in part cause I am a larger person, and most of the products that claim to fit do not. Diapers that saposidly will fit my waist, sometimes do, but, they will not fit around my legs, and are far far too short. Clearly ment for someone a lot smaller, just with the same waist size I have.

When I first tried the betterdry, I was having some serious issues with being able to tape it on,  not as flexable as I used to be after all, and I have noticed that the plastic is quite strechy, wich when you toss and turn in your sleep, means it grows more and more loose as the night goes on. Over a couple days I figured out a taping strat that works well for me, well other than the strechyness of the plastic at lest, and an earlyer poster mentioned a method I am going to try the next time I tape one on. Sp the biogist issue I have had has been the fit.

On the other hand, I have been rather astonished at how well the diaper holds up to a side sleeper, After going through a full bag, I only had one minor leak, and that was pretty minor. The diaper seems to be good at pulling in wetness, and trapping it away. Also seems to use more of the padding that I am used to seeing being used in most diapers. The padding is very thin, I have to agree with that, after seeing the first diaper, I was not expec ting it to last more than one, maybe two wettings. Suprised me by lasting all night, and even after 10 hours did not feel like it was about to give up any time soon. Only time it did not last time 8 hours plus was when I was drinking, and you know how beer can go through your system. Well that, and the absolut butcher job I did taping it on the first time. Had not realized I had gotten so used to the velcro tabs from another diaper I like. Oddly, what I noticed with the stuffing in the betterdry, is that the diaper has been compressed so much to fit so many diapers into that pretty small bag, that the stuffing is super compressed, and needs to relax and open up a bit before use. Pretty sure they use some sorta press to pack thoes things into thoes bags.

Still, for me thay have done pretty well, other than the fit.

I'd like to thank everyone that posted for their support and suggestions. We took diapers out of the bag and let them breath for over 24 hours to see if that would make a difference. Then I took a diaper from my diaper bag which was from the last purchase and put one from the new bag and compared them. No doubt about it they were noticeably and obviously thinner. We decided to take some pictures so I could post them here because a picture is worth 1000 words. But then I looked at the words.

We're you aware that there are different versions of Betterdry? I was completely blindsided by this. I was looking at a Birdseye view picture of the 2 diapers side by side and noticed the printing with the size and lot # etc. The thick diaper was an M10 while the thinner was an M7. We have been buying these at Amazon first and lately LLMedico because I like their service and Amazon sucks a baby bottle. We had never paid any attention other than to buy the Betterdry tab diapers. After seeing the different numbers I went to the LL Medico website and did a little digging. It seems that Betterdry has a "daytime" diaper that comes 20 to a bag in medium with M7 and daytime on the bag but also has a diaper that that doesn't say daytime and has M10 on the bag that are 15 per bag. All this time I've been getting the correct diapers for me until now.

I thought I should let everyone know that Betterdry didn't change the diapers some of us need. Somehow I bought the wrong ones. Now I just have to decide what I'm going to do with a case of diapers that don't work well for me.

Hugs,

Freta

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I started seeing the daytime Betterdry a year or so ago.  I have always made sure when I order Betterdry diapers I get the correct ones, the 15 per package most absorbent.  Easy mistake to make, especially when a company comes out with another version or absorbency or their popular diapers.  Betterdry are still my go to for premium diapers when I wear them.

On 12/22/2023 at 8:05 PM, FretaBWet said:

I'd like to thank everyone that posted for their support and suggestions. We took diapers out of the bag and let them breath for over 24 hours to see if that would make a difference. Then I took a diaper from my diaper bag which was from the last purchase and put one from the new bag and compared them. No doubt about it they were noticeably and obviously thinner. We decided to take some pictures so I could post them here because a picture is worth 1000 words. But then I looked at the words.

We're you aware that there are different versions of Betterdry? I was completely blindsided by this. I was looking at a Birdseye view picture of the 2 diapers side by side and noticed the printing with the size and lot # etc. The thick diaper was an M10 while the thinner was an M7. We have been buying these at Amazon first and lately LLMedico because I like their service and Amazon sucks a baby bottle. We had never paid any attention other than to buy the Betterdry tab diapers. After seeing the different numbers I went to the LL Medico website and did a little digging. It seems that Betterdry has a "daytime" diaper that comes 20 to a bag in medium with M7 and daytime on the bag but also has a diaper that that doesn't say daytime and has M10 on the bag that are 15 per bag. All this time I've been getting the correct diapers for me until now.

I thought I should let everyone know that Betterdry didn't change the diapers some of us need. Somehow I bought the wrong ones. Now I just have to decide what I'm going to do with a case of diapers that don't work well for me.

Hugs,

Freta

I am glad you noticed this. When I first read this thread, I thought you must have purchased the Better Dry day diaper.

On 12/22/2023 at 11:05 PM, FretaBWet said:

All this time I've been getting the correct diapers for me until now.

Hugs,

Freta

Well, I would definitely check your order to see that it wasn't your mistake. 

Otherwise, they're not bad.  I was able to get away with a full work day with one (working from home that is).  Granted, it was pretty much completely used front to back, but at home that doesn't really matter.

I'm assuming it was my error. I didn't realize there were two types so I bought them. I'm very pleased with LL Medico as a company and will continue to buy from them, being careful to make sure I buy the correct ones.

Hugs,

Freta

BetterDry is my go-to daily diaper.  As I am medically double incontinent, I have used thousands of BetterDry diapers.  Unfortunately, my size (Large) is out of stock everywhere I have looked.  Fortunately Crinklz in size Large is available from multiple vendors.

I wear both BetterDry L10 and L7 (BetterDry Day).  As both have plain white shells it is easy to confuse the two.

Regarding the quality of BetterDry, They may have reduced or eliminated the fluff pulp in favor of a SAP-only diaper.  This would make the diaper slightly thinner but would not have reduced the absorbency.

--John

On 12/22/2023 at 8:05 PM, FretaBWet said:

Hugs,

Freta

Freta,

For the ones that you don't care for as much, try using a booster pad to help extend the life of the diaper. Just a thought.

Interesting.  Whilst I haven't seen these economy-class BetterDry downunder, I'm standing by my earlier assertion that there seems to have been some kind of mild "shrink-flation" with respect to my most recent BetterDry case.

Last night's was another "blow out", the front tapes having torn the plastic outer layer apart allowing fluffy, pee-soaked wadding into my lined plastic pants.  This of course all happened beyond the veil of sleep and was simply a surprise at my morning change.

This has been happening a bit lately with newer BetterDry.  I don't know why.

I have problems with them too. I bought two packs from northshore just before they quit selling them and they are thinner and the plastic rips on the tape side right where the padding starts, but a small piece of clear box tape fixes that, also if I soak it it has split in the middle in the back and all the wet padding comes out. so they are going down hill and I have read that thrust vector claims they have not changed a thing. I think they lied a little bit.

I've had several split at the back of my thigh causing me to drop a trail of Fluff behind. Maybe the demise of Confidry 24/7 who were the closest competetor in price and quality gave them the opportunity to lower the quality thus increasing their profit. To get a better diaper at this point forces you to make a big jump in the cost per diaper.

Hugs,

Freta

I wear BetterDry diapers daily for need.  I should note that BetterDry diapers recently seem to have been shipped with greater compression.  The compression can cause the diapers initially to appear thinner.  Letting them air out to expand will help, as will massaging the diaper.

I can detect no change in the absorbency of the diaper (and I have worn thousands).  See my comment above about SAP-only.

--John

On 12/21/2023 at 12:00 PM, CodHero24 said:

I LOVE BetterDry,

...But there's a bit of a tutorial required first...

When you first open the pack of BetterDry Diapers, they need time to expand. 

Take a couple out of the pack so they can Breathe.

When you grab a fresh BetterDry Diaper, the wings need a thorough stretching, otherwise you might not get the right fit.

The Landing zone doesn't allow error, and it also doesn't provide any markings for taping reference.

This creates a blank white space with little information of where each tape goes,

And once the tape it's placed it's stuck there.  You could peel off and use the Second-Chance tape but I don't recommend it...

HOWEVER,

If you don't mind stretching the diaper before you put it on, and learning "the hard way" where each tape goes....

The BetterDry diapers are fantastic for bedwetting.

They're very cost effective and super absorbant, especially with a booster and a ProTec Brief.

Bingo!!! I'm still pretty sure they've reduced or changed the SAP. I'm not sure if they're thinner, but they are for sure softer.

Lately, I've found them to work better when giving them a kind of fluff... whipping it from the top then whipping again from the bottom. That seems to add bulk -- and stretching them from top to bottom as well as side to side. Doing this also frees up the leg guards.

I noticed the same with Crinklz and Better Dry, time to switch to another diaper. Damn, I wish shipping wasn't so expensive with Northshore. 

I'm familiar with the highly compressed nature of BetterDry.  I've actually been known to give them a couple of minutes in the tumble dryer (on cold of course) as a shortcut to "floofing" them up.

I'm still seeing repeated failure of the outer plastic shell which is new.  They seem, somehow, cheaper which is ironic in view of how much more expensive they have become.

I'm waiting to see what the economics of the Rearz "BeDry" look like in Australia as an when they appear for sale here.