LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Quilt buying one product over another.

Spanky

You ever feel a little bit guilty about buying one product over another???

I like Northshorecare products.  I think that they're great for our community and for those with incontinence in general.  And, I do feel a need to support them.

On the other hand,  Rearz had a great sale on their Critter Caboose diapers and I stocked up. It was a great deal in my opinion on an amazing diaper that I find very comfortable and love to wear.  And, it's not like Rearz isn't great for our community.  And their products aren't amazing,  they are amazing products. 

Somehow,  I still feel a little guilty that I won't be making a purchase from Northshore in a while. 

• Like 1

Why?

This happens a lot in music. Guys start out with guitar then they decide they like playing bass and feel guilty. There is nothing in thisworld that will prevent them from playing rhythm and folk guitar ever again. I started with guitar, then I developed a liking for organ. There was nothing in the worl to dtop me from doing both as the circumstances allowed for. Actually in music multiple instruments adds to your versitility and in this day and age of readily available multi-tracking, synthesizers and samplers, the sky is the limit

In the case of diapers, can you ever have too many? And grabbing a sale item lowers the aggregate and average per unit cost of the stash. Now, I really only need 30 (half BabyDolls which makes 15 BabyDolls) which would give me a weeks worth if I were 24/7 with one to spare so 44/22, or a week and a half's worth, would be excessive, interfering with other priorities

• Like 1

I have several different diapers for different occasions.

For example I have my BetterDry's for overnight use.

ConfiDry24/7 for Daytime/Work.

And I also have Reusable (Threaded Armors) for days off, when frequent changing is not an issue.

And various types of boosters...

• Like 1

Nope.  I don't feel guilty at all.  There are plenty of people in the ABDL world and plenty of people who suffer from incontinence that need these diapers so I'm sure if I don't buy something from one company for a while I won't really affect their bottom line.

Never.  Every company makes profits and why should I feel guilty of patronizing one company over another?  When we are paying them for their product, it's not about them, it's about us!  They have our money so we should have the product that we like the best and get it from the company that has the best cost, product and/or service.  The loyalty ends when the check is in the mail. 

Think!  Who has ever bought a car that has the dealers sticker pasted to the back bumper and a license plate frame with their name on it?  How about a shirt that has the company logo on the front, or sneakers with the company name?  Adidas, Nike, Air Jordans!  What we are doing is paying them for us to advertise their products!  Where else can a company get free advertising by making you pay for it?  Anywhere else a company has to pay for an advertisement in the newspaper, magazine, billboards or on TV to promote their products, yet when we buy a car, shirt or tennis shoes we pay the company to advertise the product we just bought from them! 

Just like shirts and shoes, Mega-Max diapers have their logo printed on them as do many other diapers like Abena.  I'm going to feel guilty that I bought one brand of diaper over another?  NOT!

What I do remember was spending money on diaper brands that didn't feel right. God awful waste of money. It was around 1988 - 1991 so I didn't have anything more than pocket money either

On 3/21/2023 at 3:18 PM, Dubious said:

Nope.

If everyone buys the same product, they have no reason to make better products. 
Competition is healthy for consumers.

I fully agree, but that is not the reason I shop around... the real reason I shop around is to get the product that suits me and does what I want. Most salespeople don't understand that simple little concept.... and try and flog an item based on what new feature it has.

On 3/21/2023 at 9:45 PM, rusty pins said:

...Who has ever bought a car that has the dealers sticker pasted to the back bumper and a license plate frame with their name on it...

Every car I have bought (both new and used) I spend time removing the vendors advertisements from it. Surprise surprise, a car actually looks better without those cheap black plastic frames around their number plates and without all that sticky labels plastered over the windows.

There are certain companies that want me to download their shopping app onto my phone, and ask me everytime I visit that store do I have their app on my device - I always reply that if they give me a phone, I will install their app - and if not, never.

People, you are consumers.... and you don't need their app to give them money to buy an item from them.... so why deal with their adverts?

It is a competitive market. I support the company that offers the best product at the best value. While I love Northshore and the Megamax and their great customer service, they are just too expensive for me. I too stocked up on the recent Critter Caboose sale!

On 3/20/2023 at 8:59 AM, Spanky said:

You ever feel a little bit guilty about buying one product over another???

I like Northshorecare products.  I think that they're great for our community and for those with incontinence in general.  And, I do feel a need to support them.

On the other hand,  Rearz had a great sale on their Critter Caboose diapers and I stocked up. It was a great deal in my opinion on an amazing diaper that I find very comfortable and love to wear.  And, it's not like Rearz isn't great for our community.  And their products aren't amazing,  they are amazing products. 

Somehow,  I still feel a little guilty that I won't be making a purchase from Northshore in a while. 

@Spanky

Nope - No guilt here buying the products I need and the ones I like, as I like to test out diapers I see from time to time - I have bought from Rearz, Northshore, Amazon and Had diapers sent to me by @GizmoInDiapers as a "Thank you" for helping him, so that was pretty cool.

What makes me SAD is that what they call "diapers" are actually just pull ups, and they are NOT designed for full-on release, and when you do have to USE these things. they FLOOD out and leak all over the place!  These are NOT designed for people who have SEVERE incontinence. and need that. and companies and facilities make stupid rules that make no sense, rather than to give people QUALITY diapers and other incontinence products.  Better Diapers mean better comfort, and also dignity and security - why give someone a Pull-up. when they NEED a plastic backed diaper? 

Same thing with Plastic Backed Diapers:  The quality of these is going downhill because companies don't want to make good products, because Medicaid and Medicare don't want to cover anything that is quality anymore, because they ONLY have to have diapers last 2 hours or less, and I would rather have 300 GOOD products a month, then 300 bounty paper towel diapers :)

Of course, if you have tried the junk first, and it doesn't WORK for YOU, they will cover the good stuff, but you need a Certificate of Medical Need (CMN. a Prior Authorization, and other supporting documents as well as a script, they will cover what you need, but with ALL diapers being made cheaply, it makes sense that someone is making a KILLING on medical supplies, while some people have to struggle and claw for whatever they need.

Brian+

PS:  Noticed that the Title is "Quilt" and the "Q" should be a "G" heheeheh just letting you know @Spanky

Edited by ~Brian~
added additional information to make post make sense

No guilt. I buy various diapers that suit my needs/ wants. I usually buy North Shore, but I've recently bought a few cases of Rearz as well. Both make very absorbent diapers that suit my needs.  I like Northshore as a company, excellent customer service. Rearz...does not have the best track record regarding decisions in the ABDL world and they've had quite a few scandals that went viral in ABDL circles. But damn they do know how to make a good diaper.  I love the Northshore Megamax and the fact that Northshore diapers come in a variety of colors but not ABDL prints. For Rearz, I've been wearing the Incontrol Active Air cloth back diapers when I want to be more discreet and the Select for when I want a sturdy diaper I don't need to change right away. Megamax are also good for this. :D 

48 minutes ago, Cute_Kitten said:

Rearz...does not have the best track record regarding decisions in the ABDL world and they've had quite a few scandals that went viral in ABDL circles. But damn they do know how to make a good diaper. 

Really? What's the scoop for the poop? I love scandals.

• Haha 1

The OP may not know howto correct it. I usually do if I see a title error or an error in a crucial word or sentence that could affect what I am saying and make it mean something else. There is a big difference between "rubber panties"and  "rub her panties"

On 3/24/2023 at 5:33 PM, ppdude said:

Really? What's the scoop for the poop? I love scandals.

It's been a few years, but some of their past incidents I recall were using their Rearz pink rebels with the pink skulls for breast cancer awareness and some in the ABDL community thought that was rather tasteless- associating the skulls with cancer. And their last big stink was trying to trademark ABDL: A Trademark War Almost Tore Apart The Adult Baby Community (buzzfeednews.com)  There may have been other incidents but I don't remember them. 

I did make a thread a while back that touches on what I observed that like parents, abdls and babyfurs tend to side one brand over another.

Babyfurs typically go with ABU

Abdls are usually more variety like for example: I stick with Tykables as my main then Rearz and Northshore but I have bought Crinklz in the past as a cost saving measure.

• Like 1