LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Do you remember the first diaper you ever put on?

1983 ... around ... maybe July or September.  I had gotten home after being in hospital for months due to a motor car accident that caused massive head injury and broke two bones (one was only discovered in physiotherapy later), and there were diapers in my cupboard. Naturally I didn't know what to do with them but that was the first time I consciously tried. 

• Like 2

I actually have a vivid memory of my first real adult diaper.

It was 1996, and at 26 I had finally moved away from my dad and had enough (barely) to afford a case of Attends Diapers that I ordered from HDIS.  I had bought Goodnites before, and then the biggest size Pampers I could find (sadly they didn't even remotely fit), but never something that was real and could fit met,   I lived next to a CSU East Bay and visited the library in one of those the first day.  Which means I went out in public the first time I ever wore a real adult diaper.

• Like 1

This really depends upon what you mean by "diaper." My first true adult diaper would have been either an Attends or Depends in the late '80s, whichever was cheaper. But I had been experimenting with various things to simulate wearing a diaper, towels, sheets, baby diapers tucked into my undies, etc. Since the late '70s.

• Like 1

No I don’t remember although I was potty trained at 2 years, my mom said, I do remember being back in diapers at the age of 3,5 years old. I think I’ve never really been out of them.

• Like 1

I don't remember diapers as a little one, but I do remember my first pair of "big boy" pants.   My sister is a year younger than me and I remember her still in diapers.

Sometime, probably about Kindergarten or First Grade I remember squeezing myself into my other sister's rubber pants.   I don't have any recollection as to why I thought that was a good idea.    I certainly didn't have diaper fantasies that I knew of then.

Long about the time I was 12 or 13, the diaper fantasies had come into swing.   I was making diapers out of towels and plastic pants out of trash bags while coveting the pictures in the Sears catalog health section.    It was when I was in high school that I found that they sold these things at the pharmacy.    I got a couple of them.   Plastic pants they were, but not really diapers like I imagined.    In college I got to order some of the Sears adult cloth diapers and shortly thereafter they started selling the early fan-fold disposables.    By the time I graduated, Attends were on the market

• Like 1

I barely remember what I did last week. 

I wore my first diaper in my early teens, it was a baby diaper.
I wore a proper adult diaper in 2002, when I was done with mandatory military and got my own apartment. 
Don't remember brands, but I guess it was a Tena maxi plastic, back when they was easily available at medical stores. 

Off-topic, but one of the reasons I moved here was that we had a container for trash, so it was easy to dispose of diapers, but some months later they changed to bins...

• Like 1

I wore my first adult diaper in my early 20s, at least i think i did? was a long time ago so not completly sure. Was a tena maxi was really excited to try one on, i had been intrested in them for a while. So finally getting to put one on was really nice.

• Thanks 1

I remember all 3 of the post-potty training first diapers:

First baby diaper (attempt), when I was 3 a buddy and I found a bag in his closet, and "dared" each other to try them on.  Too small for me.

First makeshift diapers at 13, folded up towels for peeing and cutting leg holes in plastic grocery bags for pooping.  

First adult diaper at 16, literally weeks after getting my driver's license.  Attends 6-tape.

• Like 1

I remember my first diaper, post potty training, after I was 6 years old. I remember when I was 8 years old and had gone into my sister's room to smell her diapers as usual. I used to do that all the time as a kid. Anyway, I remember sniffing an pull-up then my big sister came in and caught me in the act. And she teased me about it and said, "Jesse likes diapers!" "Jesse likes diapers!" "Jesse likes diapers!" And after that I tried to bribe her to put the pull-up on me but she didn't and said that she wasn't putting it on me, and then told my mom that I liked diapers while she was sleeping in bed. Looking back I wish she had put the pull-up on me, but even more so I wish that I had been holding an actual baby diaper and NOT just an pull-up. I doubt if my big sister even remembers that. But then again, she always has had a good memory for things like that, so I don't know!????????????☺️♥️????

• Like 2

First actual disposable was when I was about 11 or 12 around 1969 or so.  A Pampers I swipe from the diaper bag of a cousin when we had a big family gathering in the backyard of our new house that summer.  It didn't fit but I put it inside my underpants and soaked it.  Probably around age 18 I tried my first adult disposable diaper which I think was an original Attends with the plastic inner lining, or a Depends belted undergarment.  I could have possibly worn a cheap 2 tape diaper from a drug store but that was 45 years ago.  Anyway, it was all around the same time when I was 18. 

• Like 2

First makeshift diaper old tee shirts stuffed into plastic shower cap, when I was 12, first real adult cloth diaper and plastic pants, ordered from Montgomery Wards catalog when I was 16. No disposables in 1963.

Don't remember the brand but they were plastic backed and green. Very noisy and way oversized for me at the time. I think I brought a medium size when a small would do. This was when the kids were still living at home and the wife was unaware of my diaper fetish so everything was at risk. Fast forward 25+ years, the kids have grown and moved on, the wife is diaper aware and life is good.

• Like 1

I have a question: when you're talking about the first diaper that you ever tried: are you talking about a diaper that was the first adult diaper that you put on, or are you talking about the first diaper, that you tried on after you successfully completed potty training and long to be put back into:?

the first baby diaper that I tried after potty training was completed was a pampers diaper from the 70s. As I have posted before, these were ones that my mom had leftover from when my brother was staying with us at the house.  I was 8, and my mom caught me, asked me what I was doing, I told her the truth, and she said did you like it? I said yes: she said did it feel good? I said yes and then she took it away and it wasn't talked about again. That is where I had my first yearning for diapers are the feelings that I keep telling you about.

The first adult diaper that I think I've tried was the Molly care plastic backed diapers. I remember them being purple in color, and they were the ones that many people were using back then. They were from Hartman: they were pretty good, and they reminded me so much of what it felt like to have a baby diaper on, because they were absorbent and they were made to take care of incontinence. They weren't these pull up types, and they weren't cloth backed tabbed underwear: they wear diapers, and that is what you could get. You could go to any drug store back then and get those type of diapers.

Back in 2019, before I went to the doctor for help, was buying the being an M4 plastic backed ones:  these things were incredible, and took care of both my feelings and my incontinence. After a lot of soul searching and a lot of accidents, including the ones where I was in my chair and didn't even have time to think about moving, before I had an accident in my pants, I went to my doctor and asked him for diapers. He told me that he would take care of it, and that I have the medical condition so that Medicaid would cover me. As most of you know, what I got was not really a diaper, it was just a bounty paper towel. You can't use those type of diapers to be able to handle a full on release of anything. When you are totally incontinent both ways or severely incontinent, you need plastic backed diapers: no exceptions! After dealing with this for a month, I basically called the state and told them that I can't deal with this anymore, and I called my doctor as well, and I work with the state to get exactly what I needed. When I was told to do my homework, I was given a task to find 5 diapers that I find appropriate. List them out from 1 to 5, and then submit them back to the state. The state approved my mega Max prescription right off the bat, within three days.

From mid 2019 through 2022 and beyond: I have been using the mega Max: prior to that, I was using the North Shore supreme diapers that are 15 to a package. I asked them for the mega Max because the mega Max had more capacity. When I got these mega maxes I was thinking to myself holy smokes these things probably won't be able to hold much, and then to my shock and and surprise, these things were thicker than any diaper that I've ever seen. When I first put a mega Max on, it felt like a glove. And I thought an M4 felt and fit like 1: they both do, but the mega Max far outdoes any other diaper on the market.

Every once in a great while, I may order diapers from another company: one of the times that I did that I ordered from little for big: the reason I did that was because I wanted to see if they're diapers that were designed for ABDL's, and felt and looked like baby diapers could actually stand the test. They do: but there is nothing more satisfying then to have a diaper that feels good on you, looks good, and allows you to be able to release anything you can throw at it. When you have a diaper on like that, you know you can release: if you have diaper covers on top, and the proper equipment to deal with changes in blowouts, you're in heaven.

Just an aside: people say that they want a thick diaper: and they say that double and triple diapering is effective to make that happen? Yes, that can be the case, but it is a lot easier to take a quality diaper like a mega Max, put in two to three boosters, and then powder yourself up and seal it. Omega Max is designed to expand, and is designed to deal with severe incontinence both directions. If you do that, and you do it right, you will know that a mega Max is a good diaper, because you have in my opinion the best protection, and if you throw the cover over the top, and you have something under you that you're sitting on, you should be OK. People sometimes double triple and quadruple diaper, but doing that kind of wastes the diaper, but if you want to waddle like a duck, take a mega Max and load it with boosters and then put it on: you will waddle just like a duck!

Brian

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Attends 6 tape circa 1992 or 94' G-grandfather was in the final throes of old timers and dementia at the ripe  young age of 92, the man never forgot the animals or how to run any of the farm machinery, but alas he forgot about the toilet. Cue 5-7yr old me being absolutely mesmerized by these "larger seemingly child, not baby sized diapers" Well as ashamed as I am now, My younger self took one of ggrandfathers diapers, and did my best attempt to tape it onto my small frame, nearly got caught putting this thing on by a nosy cousin..

Brian: "Omega Max is designed to expand...."
Your typo reminded me about the time, not all that many years ago, when I realized that "omega" and "omicron" literally translate as "big O" and "little o", and that they are two different letters in the Greek alphabet.

I remember the first diaper I put on myself quite vividly. It was about a month after my parents had taken me out of diapers when I turned 7 and they had a family that stayed with us for a week that included a 3.5 year old boy named Billy who was still in Pampers full time. The second day they were there I snuck into the guest room and on top of the dresser there was a box of toddler sized Pampers but there were only 6 left in the box so I took one and snuck it back to my room. I remember waiting for what seemed like an eternity for everyone to go to sleep so I could finally put the diaper on. When I finally got the diaper on it felt SO GOOD to be wearing a diaper again I just stood in front of my full-length mirror and stared at my reflection for about 5 minutes while sucking my thumb and then I peed in the diaper, emptying my bladder and when I was finished peeing I continued to stand there and stare at myself in my soaking wet diaper for a couple more minutes and then I crawled into bed drifted off a wonderfully peaceful sleep. I couldn’t wait to get some more diapers from the guest room but I had to wait until they had used enough of them so that it wouldn’t be noticed if some of them went missing. I had to wait for 2 days and then when everyone was in the back yard I snuck back into the guest room and I stole 6 more diapers and for the next 6 nights I wore a diaper to bed, peed in it and went to sleep. A couple of months later we moved across the country and once we got to Victoria I started saving money so I could go buy myself a box of Pampers. I bought my first box of Pampers and wore one to sleep almost every night and was 3/4s of the way through my second box of Pampers when my mother caught me wearing a soaking wet diaper when she came to wake me up one Saturday morning and that was the day she put me back in diapers 24/7/365 until I was 10. 

• Like 2

I can remember being small enough to wear baby diapers way back in the 1970's.  As I grew up though it was impossible to fit into baby diapers anymore.  I didn't even consider that they made diapers for adults UNTIL I found some Attends in our local pharmacy.  Boom!!!  MIND BLOWN!  That was a great day.  I realized that I can indulge my diaper fetish with actual disposable diapers that FIT ME!!!

I am really happy these days that we have such a selection of great medical and ABDL diapers.  What a great time to be ABDL.