LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Change on a schedule or when needed?

I have read some who are making progress and actually starting to leak because you don't know how wet you are. Do people generally change on schedule or just as needed?

• Like 1

I switched to scheduled changes / scheduled diaper checks. It’s happened too many times where I thought I was dryer than I was. Or I worked through a break and didn’t change because I thought I could make it to the next break to change, only to be wrong. 

• Like 1

When you are incontinent you tend you wet heavier during different times of day. My morning diaper only lasts a couple of hours. But the next one will last about 4, then around 6 hours per diaper until bedtime. I usually change at roughly 8am, 10am, 12.30pm, 7pm and 11pm

• Like 1
13 hours ago, diaperwearntigger said:

As needed.  I'm not sure how well scheduled would work because you may not need changed it you could need changing before your schedule time.

I'm all about authenticity, and you don't change a baby on a schedule, more when needed.

@diaperwearntigger

I would agree:  A baby may be able to be "scheduled" in that a mommy or daddy knows that things like a poopy diaper happen at certain times of the day or maybe at night, or before or after a particular time period.  Other than that, there is no way to KNOW when you need to change a baby, just that you see/smell a dirty diaper, and you change it, or you see a baby in discomfort and check.  Part of being little means you don't worry about when you change.

As for an ADULT, you may be able to know your "regularity patterns" and then plan to check yourself and change.  I would simply say that if I am wet/messy, I would determine whether I should change or not, and sometimes, it is not necessary to change right away EVERY time you use a diaper.  The reason I use a megamax is because I sometimes have NO WARNING, and then I am wetting or messing, and then, it happens so fast that I can't react:  It is better to have my diaper ON, and then use it, rather than to worry about running to the bathroom, and then worrying about having an accident, which you would have to clean up:  If the released material is IN the diaper, its designed to be absorbed and then you can remove, bag, clean up and rediaper:  Away from home, it takes me about 20 minutes sometimes, while AT home, it takes me 8 minutes to deal with this, because if you are in a public bathroom, you want to make sure you try and leave the place clean as you can.

Brian

My diaper wearing is pretty routine, so I change mostly on a loose schedule. I take my sleeping meds and diaper up at 9, change in the morning after coffee, and in the late afternoon if wearing light protection.

• Like 2

Scheduled changing can work two ways.  If you always plan to change at a specific time, that could be so you make sure your diaper doesn't leak and you change before it gets too wet.  On the other hand, if you are wetting more that normal that particular day, when your scheduled time comes around to change, it may be too late and you may already be too wet and leaking without knowing it.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, rusty pins said:

Scheduled changing can work two ways.  If you always plan to change at a specific time, that could be so you make sure your diaper doesn't leak and you change before it gets too wet.  On the other hand, if you are wetting more that normal that particular day, when your scheduled time comes around to change, it may be too late and you may already be too wet and leaking without knowing it.

I think my original post sounded way too rigid. I don't think I would ever not check or change before a scheduled time because THAT IS THE TIME. But I see your point. I think the other thing is working from home right now changing w/e is super easy but if I ever have to go back to the office there are times that are kinda chunked out for lunch or breaks in schedule.

Wearing stents I am dribbling all the time so my diaper will slowly and predictably reach its point of saturation. So for me it is easy to determine when I have to change. But I have to be mindful and check the status of my diaper frequently. Downside of dribbling all the time and being in a wet diaper all the time is that you will lose track of the amount you have been wetting. So I do have to press the outside of the diaper to determine whether or not it is time to change. That can be quite challenging to do discretely when I am out in public. But hey, who thought being incontinent in diapers was going to be easy?

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...