LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Any “Old-School” ABDL’s from the early 1990’s still active?

2 hours ago, dlinmsp said:

Anyone else remember Fetish Times

Sure do, Fetish Times was my first indication that I wasn’t the only one.  After FT was Nugget, DPF, Forum Letters, and various underground publications.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, steviet said:

I would scour the pages of Forum magazine for articles about AB/

Same here. I also read Letters magazine. The first time I ever saw AB content there made my knees buckle. OMG, I'm not alone! ? I can still remember some of the letters to this day. I also remember the ads for Adult Baby World. Has anyone ever bought from them? 

• Like 3

I don't remember if it was Forum or Penthouse letters magazine, It was a small size magazine and one of the pages had a drawing of a woman down on hands and knees and her behind was covered with a pinned on cloth diaper.  I think she had a binkie in her mouth too.  I went weak seeing that.  This was probably 1985ish.   It was my first indication that I was not "the only person on the planet" who loved to be diapered. 

• Like 2
13 hours ago, oznl said:

WOW!  An acoustic coupler!  I heard that those babies were good for 300bps if everybody nearby was quiet!

@oznl Yes, typically 300 bps / 300 baud.  I think I did hear of some 1200 bps / 300 baud before things got better.  And it could have been 110 bps / 110 baud, but I think the pictures were 300 bps ones....

• Like 1

As an observation of the overall unifying " theme" here, of which I to have experianced......the surprise, amazement, and .......relief... for lack of a better term..... That "I am not alone"...." I am not the only one" ... " there are others like me"?? 

Having also gone through 'that'.....the above words kind of fit, but don't... It is a combination of....shock/ amazement/ surprise/ relief/discovery....and...joy!

The relief of the psycological burden....of possibly being..'different'.... And the unbridled JOY of discovery that the 'burdon' has been lifted, and in fact is shared by many others....... Which diminishes its weight....allowing the release from that weight, and the potential to be allowed to be free, to be ones padded self, without fear, shame,guilt,regret, or repercussions. The discovery of the freedom......of acceptance. 

• Like 6

Feel the same way. AND looking back on things i was probably a little gutsy having the dpi newsletter delivered to my military mailbox at the barracks.. Back in the day I used to control the mommy bot on wetsville’s dpf and diapers channel. 

Ractarion.vaporware.org also comes to mind..

Anyone know if Racter is still around?

• Like 1

What was annoying about DPF was the VERY low number of persons who were listed in the roster that responded to letters. Also the fact that none of them maintained correspondence for more than about 4 back-and-forth's. And I only wrote to people who significant'y matched my interest profile

• Like 1

I remember myself being one of the ones that was a little "nervous" about reading stories and stuff like that if I knew someone would walk in while doing it. I remember the times that I would read stories from other places, and I do remember hearing of DPF and other fetish related sites. I believe it was close to being 1995 when I finally was on my own, and I first started looking around, and I saw all different types of fetishes.This may sound silly, but when I finally realized people like diapers, I was like " my God, there is nothing wrong with me, there are people that like diapers Hallelujah! " 

of course this is the time when there was no real " high speed" Internet, and you had to dial up to somewhere or something to be able to get out to the Internet. For me that was the Vermont automated library system calling once I got there this was a vax VMS, and then I was able to telnet to my location. I spent hours and hours and hours online, even though I would have to relog every few hours because the connection would reset. I remember the first time that I got my modem, and that was a turning point for me. I had to you ask a favor of my college advisor: I told him that there was no way that I was going to let the Internet, which I had learned so much about, just die and not be able to use it again. I asked him to make a point to my mom, telling her how hard I had worked the four years in college and that I had learned so much from the Internet, and that I had one request to make of her, but I needed help to make that request, because she wouldn't quite understand the magnitude of what I was asking. I asked my mom for permission to get a modem to attach to my computer, telling her that I know exactly how to get there, because I had already discussed it with four different advisors on campus. She allowed me to get that modem, and that started my Internet journey.

I remember one time getting "caught" by a female roommate one time, and I was in my room, and she noticed what I was reading. She said something like " oh, diapers huh?, I said yeah I like them for some reason"  she says " I won't tell UN quote and I thanked her for that, I guess she knew something that I didn't, and I told her why I felt that way. And that was the first person that I ever told back then. 

I also remember seeing all of these posts online or all the stories about how people love the fetish Colin there was one that said that they really loved to wet themselves. Remember one night that I didn't quite understand why someone would want to wet themselves, but one night I finally got up the nerve to just let it go. I put on a pair of sweatpants, made sure I had a pair of dry sweatpants, and then I just let it rip. I soaked them completely, and then I realized what the rush was:   it really feels good to release:  I think this is before DD came online, so I was using sites like the one that we don't talk about around here, and many others. I finally began to see that there were more people that were interested in diapers than I could ever fathom. I finally realized that a diaper is not only something to use, but it is something that can be enjoyed if done right. I thought to myself " man, this should be fun to be able to do, I will definitely try it out."

technologically speaking: we have come a hell of a long way between 1990 and 2022: even before that: when we had web pages in 1990 era, Netscape was king, we ended up with geocities, and Yahoo, excite, ask Jeeves and a whole bunch of different places on the net, most of which don't even exist anymore, or have been swallowed up by big companies like the big G Google calling Google seems to like to eat companies for breakfast, and their footprint is so wide that I don't think the Internet would ever be the same without them, because they make themselves the biggest company out there. I'm not saying that this is a bad strategy, but in many ways Google has now shaped a lot of the Internet, and they've set the rules, and change things significantly. I remember when we used to dial up to 14 four modems, or 56K modems, and I've even seen 300, 600, and 900 baud modems in addition to the 1200 Bart. I found these in our storage closet at my office one day when I was working for the association for cerebral palsy in Montpelier Vermont that is: I couldn't believe some of the technology we had in the star room, and it's like walking into a history book and picking up a piece of technology going: " damn, this thing must have been slower than hell Colin Oh well that's what we had to use back then"

when I went to college in 91: we had what they called the token ring network: each computer couldn't communicate with itself other computers on the network and with the server. They are running IBM 80s and XT's on this network, and I asked my instructors how a computer like this with two five and 1/4 inch floppy drives could actually function on a network of this type. They said that you could hook up any computer to that network and it would work well. I reminded my instructors that CPU power and the whole 9 yards is also another consideration, but for what we were using them at the time for, it was working fine.

When I went to college, also was one of the few people on campus and I think there was about 10 of us in total, who had full Internet access 24 hours a day seven days a week from our PC's and our dorm rooms. I spent many an hour online in Florida in Tallahassee on Tallahassee free net: this was my home server, and I began to understand what was so awesome about the Internet, and I learned a lot of different things, and a lot of good friends, similar to the type of people that I met here. I loved it, so much that I made a vow to myself that I would make a trip to Tallahassee as soon as possible, because I loved what I did with the friends I made, and I tried to tell my parents about how wonderful these people were. My mom sent me to Florida twice once in 96 once in 97, and I made sure that I could go in 99 in 2016. In 2016 I went to Orlando, to visit my brother Eric and his family who had a timeshare down there. The three years prior to that, I went to see my friends down there, and there were a couple of situations where I was able to fundraise for the organization, and I was able to get that organization$5000 donation! I was told this by the director himself, and he thanked me up and down for my sticktoitiveness and my ability to communicate

I know that things have changed a lot over the last 20 to 30 years calling now it seems like our fetish has gotten a lot more respect, as there are more people that are willing to come out of the closet and be the people they want to be. LGBTQ plus individuals also can be proud, because you don't have to hide anymore who you are what you are how you feel etcetera. You just have to be careful what you do in public, and even that isn't as bad, because it has been accepted. There will always be people who don't agree with it, but it is more accepted and you don't have to worry anymore, because you can go about your life without too much problem, because it is legal and you can't lose a job because of your sexual orientation or any of that

now, we just have to make sure that we can kill the stigmas that our parents have put in our heads for the last 50 years or at least in my estimation 50 years, because I AM 50.  If we can get to the point where people are more accepting of individuals wearing diapers for whatever reason, and people using diapers if that is what they wish to do, and people can accept that, then we would be on the road to a lot better understanding and a lot more compassion empathy and understanding. I hope that this can happen soon, and I will be one of the advocates to make sure that people understand that wearing a diaper is not a big deal. What it is basically is, a violation of ethical codes, codes which are built into our heads and codes that make us who we are, but our ethical codes can be changed: all we have to do is make sure that our codes SAY " it is OK to wear diapers, it is OK to use diapers, it is OK to like diapers, just make sure that you're doing it and inappropriate and responsible manner" 

if we could change the stigmas as @Kawaharu stated in a few posts, and we could educate people that it's not a big deal to wear diapers use diapers or like diapers, then we would be on the road to better acceptance. However, personal acceptance is something that we have to work on ourselves.I've already accepted diapers in my life and have for the last 50 years period when you have family members who were disabled, and wore diapers for extended periods , the stigma changes to acceptance by default because that is what you must deal with. In my mind , I'm glad that I have accepted my incontinence and my need for diapers. With this out of the way, now I can have the fun that I missed for so many years : I don't have to worry about someone catching me, or standing there like a blithering idiot , stammering and trying to explain my actions : I don't have to explain my actions , I just have to do what I do in a responsible manner and make sure that what I do does not offend people . Wearing diapers should not offend people , it should not incense people, it should not worry people . People need to understand the diapers are part of everyone's life from the time they're born until the time they're dead, the only difference is that there may be a time between the time you're born and the time you finally pass on that you may not need diapers , but eventually everybody starts in diapers and most likely people will end up in diapers in the end. Most of the problem is people's perception , and if we can change that we're all set.

I must say that there are times that I missed the old days, then I look back and see show me the things that we used to have, and I wish I could have them, then I look at where we were back then, and say " wow, what a difference"  we have changed in many ways, sometimes for the good, sometimes for the better, most of the time for the worse. Technologically speaking we are a lot better off than we were, governmentally speaking we have a bunch of two year olds running the country who can't even get along nor can they decide how to get anything done without a kick in the *** from the president of the United states or somebody else. If we have to wait for these two year olds to get done having a tantrum when they decide that they won't support something, were in a lot of trouble. I don't like to bring politics into a discussion, so I use these types of statements has a way to tell you our government needs a good kick in the ****   . Eventually, people will come around and see that we still have a long way to go, but I hope that we feel a lot better than we did when we are first on our journey, because we don't have to explain too many that are in our family unit, or to our close friends. People we don't tell, we may have to explain to at some point, but I don't feel that it is necessary in my case because it's none of their business and they don't take care of that, I do, and it is easy for me are easier for me to deal with it the way I have period at least now when I'm somewhere, and I feel the need, I can release.

I do miss the old days when we talk about some of these restaurants that used to be around. I've heard good stories about places like McDonald's, or lums, or friendlies, or some places that we used to go to as kids, oh how about Howard Johnsons. I remember going there for about four of my birthday parties and it was pretty cool. Now we have Applebee's and other places, and one of my favorite eateries in Montpelier is the three penny taproom. Have a friend that takes me out to eat at least twice a year, and I enjoy it. The last time I was there was last week, when he promised me that we were going to go to an event in town, but we found the event to be packed. He gave me a choice of whether we go to that event, or we go the three penny taproom, and I found they're going to three penny would be a lot better than trying to get into an event that's probably going to be packed with people and we'd be standing in line for hours on hot day.

There are things that I'm thankful for: I'm thankful that the medical technology that we have been using has changed for the better. I mean when we were kids, they would take all the disabled people they could find, gather them all together, build a great big building, and send us all there to be taken care of by a bunch of people who they told us were the adults in the situation, and we had to do everything they told us. Internet technology also changes with the times, and even though medical technology may not be linked to this topic, it has come a long way and computers have helped those in the industry a lot, and I'm grateful for that.

Brian

• Like 1
17 hours ago, dmavn said:

Ractarion.vaporware.org also comes to mind..

Anyone know if Racter is still around?

@dmavn

It's been a while since I've reviewed my e-mail, but the BBIF mail list still exists.  I don't remember if boogles is still using it under the <x>.vaporware.org DNS name, but probably is....  Ah, the BBIF mail list is now showing "bbif.org" for the DNS info.  So maybe ractorion.vaporware.org might not be in use now.

I've been staying out of this thread for the most part.  However, when nocturnal enuresis didn't go away (as a complication from a combination of an infection and medications used to get past the infection, along with how my body changed...)  The second best (diaper) resource list at the time was from the Tri-state Incontinence support group (in/near New York).  The "best" resource list at the time was the one put out by BBIF, and used as the resource list for alt.sex.fetish.diapers....  So, yes, I've been around a while....  And open minded when it comes to trying to find info that will help me deal with what I need to handle...

13 hours ago, ~Brian~ said:

I remember when we used to dial up to 14 four modems, or 56K modems, and I've even seen 300, 600, and 900 baud modems in addition to the 1200 Bart. I found these in our storage closet at my office one day when I was working for the association for cerebral palsy in Montpelier Vermont that is: I couldn't believe some of the technology we had in the star room, and it's like walking into a history book and picking up a piece of technology going: " damn, this thing must have been slower than hell Colin Oh well that's what we had to use back then"

when I went to college in 91: we had what they called the token ring network: each computer couldn't communicate with itself other computers on the network and with the server. They are running IBM 80s and XT's on this network, and I asked my instructors how a computer like this with two five and 1/4 inch floppy drives could actually function on a network of this type. They said that you could hook up any computer to that network and it would work well. I reminded my instructors that CPU power and the whole 9 yards is also another consideration, but for what we were using them at the time for, it was working fine.

@~Brian~Most modems were either 300 or 1200 baud.  600 baud was a short intermediate.  Don't remember seeing a 900 baud modem.  And yes, modems with 14.4KBps speed, and then finally the USR HST at 56.6K, which maxed out what might be obtainable over a long distance connection which by that time was typically being digitized at 64Kbps instead of being a true analog circuit end-to-end. 

And to get farther off track, were those 5.25" floppy drives 160KB or 180KB (both single sided), 320KB or 360 KB (double sided)?  And hard or soft sector?  <GRIN>  At least they weren't the older 8" floppy drives.  Or cassette for storage.  Or old punch tape....

• Like 1
14 hours ago, ~Brian~ said:

now, we just have to make sure that we can kill the stigmas that our parents have put in our heads for the last 50 years or at least in my estimation 50 years, because I AM 50.  If we can get to the point where people are more accepting of individuals wearing diapers for whatever reason, and people using diapers if that is what they wish to do, and people can accept that, then we would be on the road to a lot better understanding and a lot more compassion empathy and understanding. I hope that this can happen soon, and I will be one of the advocates to make sure that people understand that wearing a diaper is not a big deal. What it is basically is, a violation of ethical codes, codes which are built into our heads and codes that make us who we are, but our ethical codes can be changed: all we have to do is make sure that our codes SAY " it is OK to wear diapers, it is OK to use diapers, it is OK to like diapers, just make sure that you're doing it and inappropriate and responsible manner" 

That's why I work so hard to fight the stigma of wearing diapers and try to fight the notions that diapers are only for babies and elderly people. I try to show that diapers are for anyone who has a personal, psychological or medical need and their's no shame in wearing diaper. To me, their's nothing wrong with being diapered and wearing diapers. What's wrong is how society conditions people to think it's wrong to be diapered and shames those who wear diapers.

if we could change the stigmas as @Kawaharu stated in a few posts, and we could educate people that it's not a big deal to wear diapers use diapers or like diapers, then we would be on the road to better acceptance.

I'm changing the notion and stigma of wearing diapers and how diapers should be normalized.

Wearing diapers should not offend people , it should not incense people, it should not worry people . People need to understand the diapers are part of everyone's life from the time they're born until the time they're dead, the only difference is that there may be a time between the time you're born and the time you finally pass on that you may not need diapers , but eventually everybody starts in diapers and most likely people will end up in diapers in the end. Most of the problem is people's perception , and if we can change that we're all set.

That's why Wearing diapers should not offend people. It should never make others feel uncomfortable just because someone else wears diapers.

On 8/12/2022 at 7:11 AM, Little BabyDoll Christine said:

What was annoying about DPF was the VERY low number of persons who were listed in the roster that responded to letters. Also the fact that none of them maintained correspondence for more than about 4 back-and-forth's. And I only wrote to people who significant'y matched my interest profile

I agree!  When I first joined all you had to do was write the person direct as his information including his address was printed in the newsletter under his listing.  Then Tommy decided he had to charge a forwarding fee and removed all the addresses from member's listings.  In hind-site that was probably a good security measure but it really upset a lot of the members.  You would have to write your letter and place it in a plain stamped envelope with a code number for the member you wanted to send it to, and then put it in another envelope with $2 and send it to Tommy at DPF so he could address it and send it to the person you wanted it to go to.  I remember him getting really upset about all the angry feedback he was getting and posting in one newsletter with the "F" word on how long and hard he works, but I thought, if he's already working such long hours, how could taking all those sent letters, addressing them himself and mailing them ease his workload?  I'm sure the extra $2 per letter helped ease his burdens!  After paying a yearly membership and then having to pay $2 for every letter sent to be forwarded, that turned off many people, especially since you now risked two stamps, two envelopes and $2 not knowing if the person you were sending a letter to would even respond.  I think I remember after a while and many complaints he did away with the $2 forwarding fee, but you still had to send him the correspondence so he could forward it on.

Just now, rusty pins said:

especially since you now risked two stamps, two envelopes and $2 not knowing if the person you were sending a letter to would even respond.

And despite said person being almost a perfect match to what you were looing for. That REALLY tarnished my tiara!

On 8/10/2022 at 6:13 PM, willnotwill said:

Herbie, Howie?   Something like that?    It's been a long time.   I was on HSX200 as well.

No, a different name.  The thing I liked about CompuServe was the voice chat system.  We were able to have pretty vibrant AB and DL channels....so each group could talk they way they wanted.  Interestingly enough...there were several females in the channels...but of course they were subject to some abuse.  The monitors tried to control that.

@Kawaharu

On 8/13/2022 at 12:19 AM, Kawaharu said:

That's why I work so hard to fight the stigma of wearing diapers and try to fight the notions that diapers are only for babies and elderly people. I try to show that diapers are for anyone who has a personal, psychological or medical need and their's no shame in wearing diaper. To me, their's nothing wrong with being diapered and wearing diapers. What's wrong is how society conditions people to think it's wrong to be diapered and shames those who wear diapers.

That is why I am so proud of what you do! You just like my friend @Evelyn Dellcerro and her partner @Transfusionelle, help me to understand exactly what you just said above. And I do understand it. They also made me feel like it's not a big deal, it's like putting on a pair of socks, and no one is going to chastise you or pick on you because you put on a pair of socks or you put on a pair of pants. One of the things that killing the stigmas would do would be to normalize things like wearing diapers, so there is no shame and seeing them, wearing them, owning them, or liking them.Just like you said , people may have a personal need a psychological need or a medical need and there's no shame in wearing diapers . There's no shame in being diapered or wearing diapers. If you have a good reason, then it should be no problem to wear a diaper or to use a diaper or to like diapers. This is an underwear choice nothing more nothing less . Some people like medical diapers, some people like the ABDL diapers, some people like the pull up variety, but the stigma is so great because it's been burned into people's minds over there entire lives, that it's hard to drop the stigma and be able to say  " it's no big deal, I have to have a diaper on, or I want to have a diaper on , or I like to have a diaper on ." 

just like you I await the day that it would be so normal for people to do like you and I do everyday when we put on diapers, we use diapers, we change diapers, we change and launder our clothing, and do what must be done. This must be accepted as normal practice just like I would take a dirty shirt off, say that it is dirty, or that it smells, throw it in my dirty clothes, and then put on another one. No one's going to call attention to someone putting a shirt on, So what needs to happen is diapers just need to be placed into the category of " nothing to see here, normal operation, move on."  as I've said in other postings, most of the people that I deal with because they understand that I am disabled would not have a problem with me wearing using or liking diapers. I mean, I already have diapers, I need them, and once I accepted that, the only other thing that needs to happen is that I add the fun piece. The enjoyment of it.people understand that if you need diapers, there is a reason, but they may not understand your reasoning or anyone elses if they are not living the life you are.  

I think part of the problem is that control of your elimination bodily function is one of the key things that you learn to control as you grow up. When you are a baby, you have no control over it, and it just happens. Potty training allows you to train your body so that you do not eliminate anywhere wearing anything, without using the bathroom toilet. People with disabilities, sometimes lack the control that is necessary to be able to train, and that is why some people need diapers, or why some disabled people take longer to train, and in some cases and yes this has happened, I have had seen people say that they would not train their child because it would be an exercise in fertility because the child would not be able to understand what is going on. When that happens, people in that child circle understand his or her needs, and it becomes a normalcy for that child and that family. Of course, everyone else is going to think that someone wearing a diaper after probably age 4, needs it for medical reasons. But as you said, you can have a diaper on, because you like the feeling, or because of psychological reasons, or medical reasons.

On 8/13/2022 at 12:19 AM, Kawaharu said:

I'm changing the notion and stigma of wearing diapers and how diapers should be normalized.

Yes you are: you are changing the notions and the stigmas by doing what you are doing and trying to educate people in your own way. hopefully someday, wearing diapers will be as normal as us changing socks, using them will be as normal as us just changing our pants or whatever. People should be able to wear, use, like, and have a supply of whatever they need. They should not have to hide behind a door, or anything like that. Wearing diapers is probably something that people think is an intimate thing almost like a woman having a period. If you think about it, women, and I mean all women now, have a form of incontinence , because they end up ovulating, and if they don't conceive, they have a period and they have that process happened on a monthly basis. Women use pads tampons and other things like that to deal with this. Having a period is not a big deal, once you get used to it. Wearing a diaper and using it should be the same thing , but as you said there are many people who for some reason don't think that what people do is appropriate, and it is appropriate to wear diapers , it is appropriate to use diapers , and there's nothing wrong with liking them either . The problem is is that other people's perceptions drive norms stigmas and other things. What was acceptable today was not acceptable back in the old days, and some of the things that were acceptable in the old days for example, would never be acceptable today.

I am very fortunate that I have friends that understand my needs and my reasoning behind my decisions and that they support that. My decision came after many months of having to deal with incontinence, and though I was still continent, I was losing the battle on several occasions and having to run to the bathroom, or I was losing sleep because I wasn't able to do exactly what you're supposed to do at night sleep, or in your case sleep in the early morning hours after you get home from work. When you can't sleep, because you're constantly in the bathroom, and you can't be comfortable because you're always afraid you're going weather mess yourself, the easiest way to remove that stigma from your own mind is to use diapers. Sure, they might not be the most comfortable things in the world, and it might take a little bit of getting used to, like you did when you were 21, but a wet diaper is a heck of a lot better than a wet bed, or a messy bed or a messy or wet object that you have to clean because you mess yourself and you don't have a diaper on. Changing a diaper takes minutes, and sometimes it takes a longer period of time, but as you get used to it it's no different than going to the bathroom and flushing their toilet, the only difference is that you take your diaper with you and you dump it into a trash container.

Wearing and using diapers should never offend people. That's the problem. The only way that it would probably offend or should offend is if somebody is doing it to call attention to oneself, or doing it in a way to flaunt their condition. Wearing diapers is a fact of life just like having to use the bathroom, and no one's going to fault you for having to use the bathroom, or having to fill the toilet with whatever you have to.  Looking back the problem happens when people do things that are offensive: diapers should not be offensive, but what someone does with them can be considered that way if done stupidly. Diapers have a place and people should be comfortable with the fact that they have them available and that there is a good reason. As I said, after I made the decision to go full time in 2020, a lot of the stress that I was experiencing went right out the door. Some people say that the reason you wear diapers is because you want to lessen the stress. Think of your pee and your poop as things that are stress: your bladder informs you that you have to release, your bowels inform you that you have to release, and you push: doesn't it feel better once it happens? Yes it does, because now you don't have to worry about your bladder being full and having to hold it, and you don't have to worry about your bowels because they are empty: if we thought of a diaper release as a release of stress every single time that we went to the bathroom, then people would probably understand this philosophy. If your stomach hurts and you really really really hurt, most of the time it's because you have to go to the bathroom, and once you do that you usually get relief. Releasing in a diaper is no different, because that is a form of releasing stress. If you don't have a lot of stress in your life, then you'd have less worries, and I'll say this again

diapers should not be stressful: wearing diapers should be something that eliminates stress or makes things stress free period of course, you have to take extra steps to be able to start wearing diapers instead of using underwear all the time. I also decided that the reason why I wanted to make the change is because in 90% of the time I was making messes in my underwear anyway, so why not make the change and say that I'm going to use diapers all the time period I mean you're going to release in a diaper and you're going to take it off and you're going to throw it away, so what's the difference. This way I don't have to do as much laundry, but there is an disadvantage in that sometimes you don't realize where you think something is dry and then something is totally wet, so you have to wash it a little more often, but the trade off is the diaper is designed for exactly what it is intended: if you can't hold it: your diaper takes care of it: and your diaper is supposed to be absorbent so that when you do that all you do is take it off, clean yourself off, read diaper yourself, and then redress. This takes practice and skill, but it can be done. I've seen it done with several of my friends that are disabled. Wearing diapers should never be stressful: the reason why diapers are used in most cases is because someone is traumatized because they are continually having to use the bathroom, but they don't have the control they once had. Once people realize that, and they accept it, then it would be very easy to deal with and it's not a big deal, because people are used to it. I mean how many times do you think a nurse in a hospital changes a diaper for a patient, or how many times do you think a player person in a care facility changes a diaper for an individual: probably many more than we could count on our fingers times a million. For those that need this type of care there's no shame in it, and wearing a diaper is simply a way to contain what you release until you can change period some people have dementia for example, and they have no recollection of what's going on, and they don't have control of their bodily functions, so you put diapers on them, you called them briefs and other things like that, but it's exactly what it is adult diapers. If my brother Richard had lived past the age of 10, I'm sure that my mom would have to figure out or my dad would have to figure out how that would be dealt with as he grew older. Because he was 10 years old when he died, he was still using baby diapers, but in his case it was normal for him to use the diapers accepted that he uses diapers and expected that he uses his diapers, because he doesn't have the ability to train and he doesn't have the ability to tell us that he has to use the bathroom.

As you said wearing and using diapers should not be something that is offensive to people unless the person wearing them is doing something that makes it offensive . Simply wearing a diaper because you have to, simply liking a diaper because you want it , or wearing one and using one because you're an adult baby or incontinent is not the issue. The offense part comes when someone flaunts the use of diapers and they place themselves in a situation where somebody is in a public place and someone goes out of their way to make a statement by their actions.

example: during the pandemic, everyone had to change the way we always used to do things and find new ways to do those things. One of the things that we found out was that most businesses were closed, or open only limited hours or limited days, and unfortunately some businesses couldn't remain open, and folded. We also found out that bathrooms were hard to find, and public bathrooms were nearly impossible to use. Public bathrooms are disgusting: some people are really really nasty, and I don't know exactly how else to put that without making somebody violently ill. Let's just say that most bathrooms that you see aren't too bad, but sometimes bathrooms you go into and public restaurants may be worse than ones that are in gas stations. When I'm in public, there are only two bathrooms that I would use. One of them would be our public access bathroom in the basement of this building if I was on that floor, because I know that our landlords cleaned those bathrooms every day. The second bathroom I would use would be the bathroom at any hospital. This is because areas like this should be clean and sanitary at most all times. Sometimes that doesn't happen, but if you notice it you let the staff in the hospital know and that should be taken care of

@Evelyn Dellcerro once told me that there are advantages to wearing diapers and using them. With COVID-19 rampant, bathrooms we're few and far between, and in her case, she was already used to using them, used to wearing them, and she would use them and does use them if necessary. She is not afraid to do so, and that is good. When you don't have a clean bathroom or you don't have an open bathroom, and you are away, urinating in a diaper is no sweat. Having a BM might be a problem, but I have had it happen to myself or I go somewhere, and then I realize I really have to go to the bathroom, and I realize I'm not gonna make it. First time that ever happened I finally realized that I had to go, I made a beeline for the door and then quickly stopped bolt upright, turned around and said " what the heck, I have a diaper on, I have my bathroom, and if I have to use it I will"  diapers have come in so handy, and I can tell you that my decision to go 24/7 is one of the best things I've ever done. I've even asked the doctor if he thought that would be healthy for me and he said yes, because you would not have to worry if you were somewhere and you had to go. I've always tried to lower the stress in my life, and one of the things that helps me do that is to not stress about having to use the bathroom. I got no reaction none at all not so much.

She also told me that there are certain people who would probably stand next to her, and then she would have to use the diaper.  If people are going to stand next to her, she's going to use the diaper anyway, so they shouldn't make a big deal out of the fact she did. People wear diapers for many reasons, and if somebody shows contempt for an action like if she used a diaper, then it's the person's problem, because people do wear diapers, and they do use them.  If people are flaunting diapers, that might be a different story, but it happens, people do use their diapers, and it should be normal and accepted that it could happen and often does

COVID-19 has changed everything: COVID-19 probably will be around for a long time, the only thing we have to do is make sure that we make changes to deal with it as it changes itself. When we first started with the pandemic, there were no vaccines, we didn't know much about it, we didn't know who would get it, and we didn't have very much information because it came across from China. We started with a vaccination program, some people took it, some people didn't, some people unfortunately died, some people had unfortunate reactions to the vaccine, but we are in a better place now than we were at the beginning, because we know more about it, and we're not using all of these conspiracy theories. Diapers have changed everything for me because now I can go anywhere and I can use my diapers, and I should use my diapers, not only for my safety, but my sanity and my well-being! For example no one is going to laugh on  DD If I'm wearing diapers, and if I was visiting somebody that had the same situation, and we were comfortable, I'm sure that it would be as normal as me taking off my shoes in Mikey's living room. As I said and you have reiterated, diapers should be normalized, and if we continue educating people eventually hopefully they will, because there's really no big deal involved here, I mean nurses change diapers every day, nurses end up cleaning people up every day, and they do it in a professional manner, and they don't even bat an eyelash. It's part of the job, but if you're a caregiver not only do you be professional, but you show compassion and skill and make sure that your patient or your little is comfortable, or that someone that you care for is well taken care of.

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
Added additional Information
  • Like 2
On 8/14/2022 at 9:12 AM, ~Brian~ said:

That is why I am so proud of what you do! You just like my friend @Evelyn Dellcerro and her partner @Transfusionelle, help me to understand exactly what you just said above. And I do understand it. They also made me feel like it's not a big deal, it's like putting on a pair of socks, and no one is going to chastise you or pick on you because you put on a pair of socks or you put on a pair of pants. One of the things that killing the stigmas would do would be to normalize things like wearing diapers, so there is no shame and seeing them, wearing them, owning them, or liking them.Just like you said , people may have a personal need a psychological need or a medical need and there's no shame in wearing diapers . There's no shame in being diapered or wearing diapers. If you have a good reason, then it should be no problem to wear a diaper or to use a diaper or to like diapers. This is an underwear choice nothing more nothing less . Some people like medical diapers, some people like the ABDL diapers, some people like the pull up variety, but the stigma is so great because it's been burned into people's minds over there entire lives, that it's hard to drop the stigma and be able to say  " it's no big deal, I have to have a diaper on, or I want to have a diaper on , or I like to have a diaper on ." 

That's why I am all for normalizing wearing diapers. Diapers are no different than underwear or shorts. Their's no shame in wearing diapers because they help us live a normal life. Part of the problem with society is that they want to hide diapers and hide them from people. I think it's flat out wrong to hide diapers because if you have a need for them, then you should wear them. On top of that I think society stigmatizes those who wear diapers like a pair of shorts and they try to shame them by claiming they are naked. Which for me, I think it's wrong and all those stereotypes are old, outdated and exclusionary. For me, if someone wants to wear diapers like a pair of shorts around the house or at a beach or park. Then as along as they are not flaunting themselves, I have no problem in someone wearing diapers like a pair of shorts.

I think part of the problem is that control of your elimination bodily function is one of the key things that you learn to control as you grow up. When you are a baby, you have no control over it, and it just happens. Potty training allows you to train your body so that you do not eliminate anywhere wearing anything, without using the bathroom toilet. People with disabilities, sometimes lack the control that is necessary to be able to train, and that is why some people need diapers, or why some disabled people take longer to train, and in some cases and yes this has happened, I have had seen people say that they would not train their child because it would be an exercise in fertility because the child would not be able to understand what is going on. When that happens, people in that child circle understand his or her needs, and it becomes a normalcy for that child and that family. Of course, everyone else is going to think that someone wearing a diaper after probably age 4, needs it for medical reasons. But as you said, you can have a diaper on, because you like the feeling, or because of psychological reasons, or medical reasons.

That's a Huge problem in society because people and society don't understand that there are some people in this world who have a Medical, psychological and personal need for diapers. Society thinks diapers are just for babies but what they don't seem to understand is that Incontinence can be a problem for kids, teens, adults and elderly folks. Even medical conditions, accidents and trauma can cause someone to be put back into diapers. The problem I have with society is that they think that diapers are only for babies and they think diapers are only for babies, then why the heck do we have adult diapers for. In my view, diapers are just another type of underwear and shorts some have to wear to maintain control of their functions. In my case, being an adult baby and incontinent, I see diapers as another form of underwear and shorts that I have to wear.

Yes you are: you are changing the notions and the stigmas by doing what you are doing and trying to educate people in your own way. hopefully someday, wearing diapers will be as normal as us changing socks, using them will be as normal as us just changing our pants or whatever. People should be able to wear, use, like, and have a supply of whatever they need. They should not have to hide behind a door, or anything like that. Wearing diapers is probably something that people think is an intimate thing almost like a woman having a period. If you think about it, women, and I mean all women now, have a form of incontinence , because they end up ovulating, and if they don't conceive, they have a period and they have that process happened on a monthly basis. Women use pads tampons and other things like that to deal with this. Having a period is not a big deal, once you get used to it. Wearing a diaper and using it should be the same thing , but as you said there are many people who for some reason don't think that what people do is appropriate, and it is appropriate to wear diapers , it is appropriate to use diapers , and there's nothing wrong with liking them either . The problem is is that other people's perceptions drive norms stigmas and other things. What was acceptable today was not acceptable back in the old days, and some of the things that were acceptable in the old days for example, would never be acceptable today.

That's why, being an adult baby and incontinent, I am changing notions and norms about being in diapers and educating folks that it's okay and normal to be in diapers and their's nothing to be ashamed of. Hopefully someday, being diapered can be as normal as wearing shorts and underwear. Hopefully, there will be a day where people who are incontinent and diapered can be accepted and normal in society. I can see a day in the future where being diapered is okay and people who wear diapers can wear them as underwear and shorts. Even a day where someone who is incontinent can wear diapers like a pair of shorts and underwear and not feel ashamed or ridiculed.

• Like 1
On 8/11/2022 at 9:51 PM, zzyzx said:

@oznl Yes, typically 300 bps / 300 baud.  I think I did hear of some 1200 bps / 300 baud before things got better.  And it could have been 110 bps / 110 baud, but I think the pictures were 300 bps ones....

If I recall, you could actually hear the tones?  Furtheremore, you could make out what is being sent?  Nice secure communication.

11 hours ago, 2sail2 said:

If I recall, you could actually hear the tones?  Furtheremore, you could make out what is being sent?  Nice secure communication.

Dial up was "secure" in that it was point to point communication, that originally was on "dedicated" phone lines, OK, through the telephone company.  Yes, the basic data was not encrypted.  That was left to the user to decide what was being sent out over the line.  But the originator of the call did know who they were calling.And it would have been rare at the time of these older modems to find any traffic that was encrypted....

And yes, you could hear the tones as they changed per what the bit pattern was being currently transmitted.  300 bps/300 baud was only two states.  300 baud / 1200 bps if I remember correctly had 16 states.  Yes, the initial hand shake as the modems connected up was a distinctive sound. For the two acoustic coupler modems in the picture, you didn't really hear the noise  Another phone on the same line could interfere with modems enough to cause them to hang up.  But you could listen in and "hear" the conversation underway.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...