LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Taxes

26 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

Doing taxes today, not going well. Damn self-employment taxes are crazy.

Oh, Taxes!???? I thought it said "Texas" I was like, "Mikey your topic makes no sense." LOL!????????

• Haha 2
38 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

Doing taxes today, not going well. Damn self-employment taxes are crazy.

I'm doing mine this weekend. It's gonna be a shitshow and likely end up owing the government more money.

• Haha 2
42 minutes ago, Crinklz Kat said:

Turbotax....

Owed over 200 this year.  2nd year now having to pay out, but that's because I've just about paid off my mortgage so the interest deduction has dropped quite a bit.

That's what I used too.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, TigerTy said:

That's a super bold move waiting till the day before its due. Sounds like something I would do ?

Not exactly something I'm excited to do, takes a deadline to force my hand lol

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, willnotwill said:

I got a lot back last year (I must have screwed something up).   This year I ended up owing several hundred thousand between fed and state.

Several hundred thousand! I feel better now about my bill!

7 hours ago, willnotwill said:

I got a lot back last year (I must have screwed something up).   This year I ended up owing several hundred thousand between fed and state.

*picks up my jaw from the floor*there are questions i have that are none of my business

I get monthly statement of stock sales, so I should be able to calculate estimated taxes, but I don't.  Why should I pay when the sales are usually in the late Fall and then will have to pay in April anyways.  

Did taxes and owed $300 on the fed side and got some state moneys back plus $1 for earned income tax credit. Why even have unemployment if your gunna have to pay it back at the end of the year?

Yea the eitc is false advertising since the only way you get it is by having children. Working min wage is most of the time too much for the credit even.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, feralfreak said:

*picks up my jaw from the floor*there are questions i have that are none of my business

Investment guy sold a lot of stuff last year.   Lots of capital gains.  I knew it was coming but no point in paying the government early, just paid the minimum to get safe harbor.

• Like 2

And I ended up owing again this year! Wait till next year it probably gonna be even worse! Fucking Uncle Sam and his cronies taking my money to feed the lazy! Can we just get a flat tax please!???

2 hours ago, willnotwill said:

Investment guy sold a lot of stuff last year.   Lots of capital gains.  I knew it was coming but no point in paying the government early, just paid the minimum to get safe harbor.

Smart man! I always wait. They never give us interest on that 2 1/2 months paying early!

18 hours ago, AwakenEvil said:

And I ended up owing again this year! Wait till next year it probably gonna be even worse! Fucking Uncle Sam and his cronies taking my money to feed the lazy! Can we just get a flat tax please?

We will probably never see a flat tax in America. Too many hogs at the trough that will vote against it. Lawyers making money doing taxes. Lawyers making money representing people who didn't file/pay taxes. All the accountants and companies like H&R block making money off a completely f*#&!% up tax code. The 1% that pay no taxes because they can pay less to lawyers and accountants to avoid paying taxes. A flat tax would solve a lot of the problems but we'll never see one. It's the downside to a representative democracy, too many people with a vested interest and then throw in all the stupid people that are easily swayed and you have the votes to kill it.

Hugs,

Freta

• Like 2