LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Shame being 24/7

Tl;dr - This is another rant about personal acceptance.

For as long as I can remember (which is after I was potty trained) I've always wanted to wear diapers. It's one of those things that is so ingrained in me that I know it isn't something that I can repress or stop. It's also my biggest source of shame - it's the one major thing keeping me from being myself and something I hide.

For those of you who are 24/7 or not - How did you deal with the internal feeling of shame? My fantasy is to just be a diaper wearing guy because that is what I am. But I make up excuses to myself about why I shouldn't just wear all the time and use my diapers for their intended purpose. I live alone, work from home, and have supportive friends but I can't get over my feeling of shame.

What are your thoughts on this topic?

It can be hard, especially at first. I saw my therapist today about this issue. You just have to have complete love and self acceptance and forgiveness for your self and for living your authentic life. 

A little shame is good in life otherwise you’d be shameless it’s just that there is no need for shame. It’s sounds like you need this for your mental well-being. You need diapers. There is no shame in that my friend. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, PuraVidaDip said:

You just have to have complete love and self acceptance and forgiveness for your self and for living your authentic life.

That is well put.

For the longest time I tried to bury this aspect of myself as many of us have previously or do currently. Intrinsically I feel this is due to part of ourselves that worries what another might think. And, the fear is real. Even with acceptance of yourself, that worry seems to stay although it's certainly diminished. The most important thing I think that changes is that you value your own authentic self above the worry about others. It's not easy to get past, and it took me until I was 40 to accept that nappies are here to stay and entirely okay. To boot, nappies help me to function socially as an adult better than in recent memory as they quash my social anxiety outright. Personally, the benefits outweighed any risk.

• Like 5

I never really had the feeling of shame.   But a few times I've had embarrassing moments when around people who didn't know that I wear diapers and the questions start to why.  My easiest reply is that I just say it's medically necessary and they just accept that and they drop the issue.  

Having that feeling is normal when you first start wearing diapers.  Some of us are just wired to love wearing diapers, same as those who have a foot fetish, bondage, rubber or other behavior.  You can't stop it and you do feel shame at times.  When I started as a kid, there was no internet or anything else to help.  I thought I was the only one who was a freak because I liked wearing diapers.  It's that totally alone feeling you get and that also adds to the shame.

This helps some with the feeling of shame.  Look at the internet.  Look at the TV adds for adult bladder products.  Look at companies that make adult diapers, especially the AB diapers with babyish patterens.  The adult pacifiers, onesies and all that.  There wouldn't be all those products or companies making and selling them if there wasn't a market for them.  People all over the world wear diapers, some for personal enjoyment, some for medical needs and some because they regress and play as a baby.  For many it's a lifestyle, for others it's just another form of sexual play or gratification.

Just look at how many members there are on this site alone, then think of the other AB/DL or diaper sites around the world.  Even with that huge number, there are probably at least 3 times or more diaper wearers who never even join a website like this.  I know over the years there have been teachers, CEO's of major corporations, police, firemen, construction workers, clergymen and even celebraties and famous people who have liked to wear diapers, although the celebreties are pretty much annonomous.  People from all walks of life with wide ranges of careers like to wear diapers.  With all those normal fellow diaper wearers out there, that may help lessen the shame you sometimes feel when you realize how many people just like you are out there doing the same things.

• Like 2

It can be hard in dealing with being diapered 24/7 and diapered permanently but I always look at the upside of it all. I don't have to worry about using the potty or the wrong potty anymore. I don't have to worry about owning and washing adult underwear because I am always in thick padded diapers. Being an adult baby, helps with dealing with being incontinent and helps dealing with being diapered all the time. On the plus side, being diapered, I can do more than normal adults. When the warm summer months are here, my diapers even doubles as a pair of shorts and swim shorts as well. Where I live, I can be diapered all the time and wear just a diaper and a t-shirt or onesie on.

• Like 2

So one thing that I learned was to not approach this so black and white: Yes, I always wanted to wear 24/7 but don’t equate NOT wearing 24/7 with failure. 

Be the best you in the moment. If you want to wear 24/7, that’s great! Set that as a goal. It’s totally achievable. The path to accepting yourself in diapers 24/7 starts with accepting where you are now—including what makes you comfortable or uncomfortable. 

if there are parts of diaper wearing that make you uneasy, that’s ok. It’s a process. Don’t shy away from those areas. Like others are saying though: learn too love yourself just how you are, even if you aren’t at your goal. And I’m the mean time, you can work towards your goal , including working through any residual shame of wearing .

• Like 5

I think that like many, age, experience and insight has mitigated to a certain extent the shame that is baked in as deep as my predilections here but has not entirely removed it. 

On an intellectual level, I know that this isn’t my fault and I’m just coping as best as I can but there is still some kind of Calvinistic voice-track in the back of my head that is telling me that it IS somehow “my fault”.  I’ve just learned to mute it a bit because I know from experience that this voice track is entirely unhelpful.

Funnily enough, going 24/7 of itself for me did turn down the volume a little.  I no longer had to agonise about decisions to wear or not wear because "wear" was default.

Interestingly, I’ve noticed that many claim various types of near-incontinence as justification for going 24/7.  Whilst I don’t doubt that some of these are true, a part of me suspects that MOST people would fight diapers much harder before simply giving up and embracing them.  I know in my case I had emerging urgency during the day and a low level of nocturia at night which is VERY common for males of my age (and practically obligatory in my family) but full time nappies is a very uncommon therapy.

I suspect that some people leverage even small degrees of degraded continence to justify 24/7 and that this may well be a “shame management” strategy that they may not even have consciously thought out in their own head.

I wonder if my self-selected trajectory towards throwing away my own continence as at some level just that.  If I am incontinent, the shame associated with preferencing nappies is removed because they are no longer merely preferential but obligatory.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, oznl said:

I think that like many, age, experience and insight has mitigated to a certain extent the shame that is baked in as deep as my predilections here but has not entirely removed it. 

On an intellectual level, I know that this isn’t my fault and I’m just coping as best as I can but there is still some kind of Calvinistic voice-track in the back of my head that is telling me that it IS somehow “my fault”.  I’ve just learned to mute it a bit because I know from experience that this voice track is entirely unhelpful.

Funnily enough, going 24/7 of itself for me did turn down the volume a little.  I no longer had to agonise about decisions to wear or not wear because "wear" was default.

Interestingly, I’ve noticed that many claim various types of near-incontinence as justification for going 24/7.  Whilst I don’t doubt that some of these are true, a part of me suspects that MOST people would fight diapers much harder before simply giving up and embracing them.  I know in my case I had emerging urgency during the day and a low level of nocturia at night which is VERY common for males of my age (and practically obligatory in my family) but full time nappies is a very uncommon therapy.

I suspect that some people leverage even small degrees of degraded continence to justify 24/7 and that this may well be a “shame management” strategy that they may not even have consciously thought out in their own head.

I wonder if my self-selected trajectory towards throwing away my own continence as at some level just that.  If I am incontinent, the shame associated with preferencing nappies is removed because they are no longer merely preferential but obligatory.

Spot on. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone. You've all resonated with me.

Pura - I agree the first step is self-acceptance. I mean, I've been wearing off and on for 20 years and I am afraid to accept myself for who I am.

sparkelz - Agree that it isn't so much the diapers, it's the fear of being found out.

oznl - Man that voice is strong, isn't it? Wearing diapers to reduce anxiety about not wearing diapers impacted me.

BabyBoi91 - Your comment is spot on. This doesn't have to be black an white - I wanna wear as much as possible, but equally important is not beating myself up wearing or not wearing. It isn't a failure either way.

• Like 3

Wow! Great topic!  I could write a novel on this, but I’ll keep my comments brief.

1. I have to admit that it is possible if not likely that my drive to be incontinent and diaper dependent is in response to the shame/ guilt of wanting to wear full time.  Again that’s not the whole story. Even before I wore full time or even planned to, I fantasized about being incontinent. But  I suspect it plays a role. 

2. I would challenge you (or anyone reading this) to determine if it is shame or guilt that you’re feeling.  Shame is feeling remorseful about  something you did that will cause others (or yourself)  to think less of you as a person. Guilt is feeling bad that you did something to hurt others (or yourself).  It’s probably a mix of both.  However if it’s shame, then you focus on accepting yourself as a good but not perfect human being. If it’s guilt then focus on what you can do to limit or prevent harm to others.  

I have a lot more thoughts than this, but it’s a start. 

• Like 3
14 hours ago, Enthusi said:

Wow! Great topic!  I could write a novel on this, but I’ll keep my comments brief.

1. I have to admit that it is possible if not likely that my drive to be incontinent and diaper dependent is in response to the shame/ guilt of wanting to wear full time.  Again that’s not the whole story. Even before I wore full time or even planned to, I fantasized about being incontinent. But  I suspect it plays a role. 

2. I would challenge you (or anyone reading this) to determine if it is shame or guilt that you’re feeling.  Shame is feeling remorseful about  something you did that will cause others (or yourself)  to think less of you as a person. Guilt is feeling bad that you did something to hurt others (or yourself).  It’s probably a mix of both.  However if it’s shame, then you focus on accepting yourself as a good but not perfect human being. If it’s guilt then focus on what you can do to limit or prevent harm to others.  

I have a lot more thoughts than this, but it’s a start. 

I agree. Considering how fundamental the shame/guilt vs control paradigm is during the “potty training” years, I kindof always assumed that those issues were near the heart of my drive as well. 

i also agree it’s pretty complex, as there are definitely other things outside of the “shame vs control” paradigm, especially with regards to regression. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

For as long as I can remember I have felt different than all the people around me. Even my own parents and siblings almost seemed like strangers to me. I also never felt really attracted to girls or boys and sex in my mind was a primitive dirty act that I never really enjoyed. So here I am living my life like an alien in this world. As if it’s all a movie that I am acting in, but I have no script, I don’t even know what role I have to play. 

I guess that is why this diaper demon was able to enter my confused mind when I was 11 yo. He saw how fascinated and excited I was when I discovered my friend from school needed to wear diapers. He knew I would never become a real man, a man of god so to speak, but would rather be prone to enjoy mind fuck. So he entered and let me start experimenting with stents to make myself incontinent and diaper dependent. And I have to admit, I deserve being possessed, because I do like it. Being incontinent and diapered among the people that I don’t feel connected with also makes way more sense to me than being just like them.

Now back to your question, am I ashamed being who I am? No, I feel no shame making myself incontinent and wearing diapers for days in a row. Sometimes after climaxing I may feel a bit embarrassed about it, but that never lasts long. 

It is just my very distorted way to enjoy my sexual fantasy. And that will never change. Yes I know people would think I am out off my mind if they found out what I am doing. But they don’t need to know, I will keep it a secret. I consider it to be my right to secretly enjoy being incontinent and wearing diapers, I do no harm to others when playing my game, so I am not a bad person, I am just different.

That doesn’t mean that I don’t think life would have been a lot easier and maybe even more rewarding had I not been obsessed with incontinence and diapers. But hey at least I know, unlike the other 99.9999% of the world how good it feels to wet your diaper and there is no way you can stop it.  ?

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, cathdiap said:

For as long as I can remember I have felt different than all the people around me. Even my own parents and siblings almost seemed like strangers to me. I also never felt really attracted to girls or boys and sex in my mind was a primitive dirty act that I never really enjoyed. So here I am living my life like an alien in this world. As if it’s all a movie that I am acting in, but I have no script, I don’t even know what role I have to play. 

I guess that is why this diaper demon was able to enter my confused mind when I was 11 yo. He saw how fascinated and excited I was when I discovered my friend from school needed to wear diapers. He knew I would never become a real man, a man of god so to speak, but would rather be prone to enjoy mind fuck. So he entered and let me start experimenting with stents to make myself incontinent and diaper dependent. And I have to admit, I deserve being possessed, because I do like it. Being incontinent and diapered among the people that I don’t feel connected with also makes way more sense to me than being just like them.

Now back to your question, am I ashamed being who I am? No, I feel no shame making myself incontinent and wearing diapers for days in a row. It is my very distorted way to enjoy my sexual fantasy. And that will never change.  Yes I know people would think I am out off my mind if they found out what I am doing. But they don’t need to know and I will never tell them. I will keep it a secret. It is my right to secretly enjoy being incontinent and wearing diapers, I do no harm to others when playing my game, so I am not a bad person, I am just different.

That doesn’t mean that I don’t think life would have been a lot easier and maybe even more rewarding had I not been obsessed with incontinence and diapers. But hey at least I know, unlike the other 99.9999% of the world how good it feels to wet your diaper and there is no way you can stop it.  ?

And that's why being kept in diapers permanently, I am not ashamed of being diapered. I'm proud that I wear diapers and have thick diapers around me. I'm not afraid or scared if someone sees or knows I wear diapers because diapers helps me deal with being incontinent and diaper dependent. In fact being diapered permanently lets me be an adult baby in my own way and lets me have my own version of adulthood, which is adult babyhood. Which is why being an adult baby lets me have more fun in life, simply because I know I don't have to potty like a grown up anymore and I don't have to wear or own any adult underwear. I simply live my life padded up and diapered permanently and live like an adult baby.

• Like 1

@Kawaharu

4 minutes ago, Kawaharu said:

And that's why being kept in diapers permanently, I am not ashamed of being diapered. I'm proud that I wear diapers and have thick diapers around me. I'm not afraid or scared if someone sees or knows I wear diapers because diapers helps me deal with being incontinent and diaper dependent. In fact being diapered permanently lets me be an adult baby in my own way and lets me have my own version of adulthood, which is adult babyhood. Which is why being an adult baby lets me have more fun in life, simply because I know I don't have to potty like a grown up anymore and I don't have to wear or own any adult underwear. I simply live my life padded up and diapered permanently and live like an adult baby.

I too am not afraid or ashamed or Feel guilty because I’ve decided to wear diapers 24 seven. Part of life means that you have to make decisions that are sometimes hard to make, sometimes easy to make, and in life there are times when you have to take a look at your life and say “what is the best thing that you need to do, is it something that is easy to do, or is it something that is harder to do?”  In 2019 I started having accidents, and I have IBS and diverticulitis, as well as the fact that I was just unable to get to the bathroom on time.

Wearing  a diaper is a choice: the thing is your feelings might make you crave wanting to wear them, wanting to use them, or just because they feel good to you. In my case, I have incontinence as well, but I have also accepted the fact the diapers of the way that I wanted to deal with it. I am so happy that I made the choice I did! How many times have you had a day when you feel like everything wants to just fall in, or you want to throw in the towel, and say “what the heck is going on this sucks?”  I’ve had so many problems in my life, and I figured that this is one that I can deal with the easiest. Because I have decided to wear diapers 24 seven, I feel a lot more comfortable with myself as a person, I understand why I feel the way I do, I understand that there’s a reason for my choice, and there is medical back up of my conditions. There is nothing wrong with wearing using or liking diapers anyway, it is just a “stigma” that people throw on diaper wearing something that is strange, weird, Yucky another type of words:  you are incontinent you make the choice that you decide that you want to wear diapers to make your life easier.

@Kawaharu incontinence is one reason why people were diapers. It is obvious, it is necessary, and there are things that make you feel the way you do. There are also feelings that I have, and I’ve had those feelings since I was about eight years old, and I’m not sure why I have these feelings are why I had them at eight years old, but I understand that the feelings are there, and they are not going anywhere: I will have these feelings for the remainder of my existence, so there is no reason to hide what is obvious, There is no reason to hide the feelings that I have, or that I need diapers or use diapers. Also there is no reason to hide my diapers or anything I use. For the first time in my life I actually feel whole, like something as snap together, and my life is a lot better because of the Decision I have made. Some parents would think of this is kind of crazy, and give you a lot of grief about it. I feel that this is what was my destiny in the first place, because eventually the feelings that you have will override everything and you must deal with those feelings. If you are in a situation where you see a diaper and you’re turned on, you may want to deal with that situation in appropriate way. The way I dealt with it was to get a couple of diapers, and then wear them a couple of times, and then it just felt natural. Once you start using diapers, It may turn you on, and it might turn you on for a long time because of the fact that a diaper excites you. After a while after about say maybe a couple of months or more, taking a diaper and putting it on and taking it off, changing it every few hours, will not cause that to happen because it is normal for your body to release in a diaper. Most of the people that ask me a question about what it feels like to be in colony asked me that, and I tell them that basically it means like you are a two year old baby, and you don’t have any control: someone gives you something to drink for example:  you drink it down, and you ask for something else, and whoever is looking after you continues to allow you to drink liquid until you are not thirsty anymore. Assuming you drink a lot of liquid, eventually you are not going to be able to hold it, and you will do the “party dance”. You try to hold it, but you can’t, and the next thing you know your diaper is wet: there is nothing you can do about it because that is the way it is. It releases whenever it feels like it, and once it starts you can’t stop until you’re fully empty.

Like you, I am incontinent, but there’s no reason why I cannot have any “fun“ when I am wearing diapers. Diapers are in necessity, but they can be used as a way to have fun. One way that I make it interesting is that I don’t just wear plain white diapers. I wear them every day, so why not switch up the colors that I am asking for. There is nothing wrong with wearing diapers, and they are a part of me as much as my wheelchair is or my walker is:  that will never change: neither will my feelings that I feel every day. Wearing diapers is a way I deal with incontinence, and the feelings that I feel every day, and it also helps me to be relaxed, and helps my sanity, it helps me to focus, and it also helps me not to worry about everything in the world that could possibly go wrong and then end up dwelling on it. Diapers are the way that I have chosen to deal with my incontinence: I had to fight really hard with the state to make them understand that I am disabled, and no specialist is going to help me deal with incontinence: what I mean by that says I am the “specialist“ and my doctor is the “specialist“ about me as a patient, my disability as far as he understands it, and my needs as he understands it. I am not afraid or scared to go to my doctor and tell him exactly what is going on, why I feel the way I feel, or something is wrong. This is one of the things that you have to do when you go to a doctor.

to me diapers are needed, used, and they feel good: I cannot put into words what do I feel like because it is hard for me to imagine the proper words to use. You feel like you’re in your zone, you feel comfortable, you don’t have to worry, you have your bathroom with you, you can use it, and no one can get after you or make you feel guilty because you have done so. We have all done this all of our lives: everyone in the world is that an accident every once in a while, and made a mess that you have to clean up, or whatever happens. I don’t care if you’re two years old or you’re 62, things happen, and it is one thing to be incontinent, but one of the things that helps me is to add the front elements whenever I can. Being here on DD helps me to understand what it is that I am going through, or why I am going through what I am going through. It took me a long time to get to that point, but I quite understand what makes me tick, and as such diapers are part of me and always have been in some way shape or form. The only thing that was the problem was that I kept “hiding it“ from my inner self, denying what was actually true, and it took people like @Evelyn Dellcerro @Transfusionelle @amorfraldaJR @philmydiaper @Glennie@~ashley~ @DailyDi @AwakenEvil @diaperwearntiggerAnd many others too numerous to mention help me get to the point where I understood why I felt the way I did, and why I wanted to do what I was doing. They also told me that there is nothing wrong with what I was doing, and then incontinence is nothing to worry about, because you can deal with it very easily. So many times, doctors and medical professionals want you to be “treated” for condition. This would be fine in 99% of the situations where it is something that can be fixed, and something that does not cause you medical harm, or make you sick. We all want to be healthy, and our doctor is there to help us make sure that we are healthy. When I talked to my doctor I understood that there is nothing the matter with me, and the way I wanted to do it was exactly the way I wanted to do it, and he agreed with me and prescribed me the diapers that I currently have, after three months I had to fight really hard and I finally got what I need, and I am happy. People Always ask that if there was a way to “fix“ your incontinence or what you have as a disability, would you want that done?

my answer: hell no! My life is my life, and I would not change it from $1 million. My experiences, my strengths, my weaknesses, my fault, things that make me who I am: these I would never change, neither would I change the family that raised me, and told me that they were right things in wrong things in life, and they help me to understand how to function as a young adult and an adult that’s almost 50 years old. I cannot thank them enough for what they have done, for without them I would not be where I am today. You also have good friends and people that look after you, and give you encouragement and I have many of those, and many of them are right here on DD!

I am glad that @Kawaharuis NOT  ashamed of being diapered. I have friends that are also disabled, or people that decide to wear diapers to deal with the situation.  You are incontinent for a reason, like I am, and like you, this is the way I want to deal with it. If you want to be an adult baby/diaper lover, or you want to be a diaper lover, or anything else, that is your decision and it is a great thing. Being incontinent means that you can be an adult baby should you choose to, and there are different levels of being an adult baby. Do not be ashamed of what you have decided to do because that is what makes you special. There’s nothing wrong with wearing a diaper, but a diaper is a special kind of underwear that you can pee and poop in, and that’s that! I’ve been wearing diapers since 2019, and I would not change what I am doing, nor would I change the decision I made, because with this decision it has open doors for me and made me feel more confident and comfortable within my own skin. Sometimes you have to go through how to get to heaven, but I think once everything fell into place, I was OK!

good luck!

Brian

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, ~Brian~ said:

@Kawaharu

I too am not afraid or ashamed or Feel guilty because I’ve decided to wear diapers 24 seven. Part of life means that you have to make decisions that are sometimes hard to make, sometimes easy to make, and in life there are times when you have to take a look at your life and say “what is the best thing that you need to do, is it something that is easy to do, or is it something that is harder to do?”  In 2019 I started having accidents, and I have IBS and diverticulitis, as well as the fact that I was just unable to get to the bathroom on time.

Wearing  a diaper is a choice: the thing is your feelings might make you crave wanting to wear them, wanting to use them, or just because they feel good to you. In my case, I have incontinence as well, but I have also accepted the fact the diapers of the way that I wanted to deal with it. I am so happy that I made the choice I did! How many times have you had a day when you feel like everything wants to just fall in, or you want to throw in the towel, and say “what the heck is going on this sucks?”  I’ve had so many problems in my life, and I figured that this is one that I can deal with the easiest. Because I have decided to wear diapers 24 seven, I feel a lot more comfortable with myself as a person, I understand why I feel the way I do, I understand that there’s a reason for my choice, and there is medical back up of my conditions. There is nothing wrong with wearing using or liking diapers anyway, it is just a “stigma” that people throw on diaper wearing something that is strange, weird, Yucky another type of words:  you are incontinent you make the choice that you decide that you want to wear diapers to make your life easier.

@Kawaharu incontinence is one reason why people were diapers. It is obvious, it is necessary, and there are things that make you feel the way you do. There are also feelings that I have, and I’ve had those feelings since I was about eight years old, and I’m not sure why I have these feelings are why I had them at eight years old, but I understand that the feelings are there, and they are not going anywhere: I will have these feelings for the remainder of my existence, so there is no reason to hide what is obvious, There is no reason to hide the feelings that I have, or that I need diapers or use diapers. Also there is no reason to hide my diapers or anything I use. For the first time in my life I actually feel whole, like something as snap together, and my life is a lot better because of the Decision I have made. Some parents would think of this is kind of crazy, and give you a lot of grief about it. I feel that this is what was my destiny in the first place, because eventually the feelings that you have will override everything and you must deal with those feelings. If you are in a situation where you see a diaper and you’re turned on, you may want to deal with that situation in appropriate way. The way I dealt with it was to get a couple of diapers, and then wear them a couple of times, and then it just felt natural. Once you start using diapers, It may turn you on, and it might turn you on for a long time because of the fact that a diaper excites you. After a while after about say maybe a couple of months or more, taking a diaper and putting it on and taking it off, changing it every few hours, will not cause that to happen because it is normal for your body to release in a diaper. Most of the people that ask me a question about what it feels like to be in colony asked me that, and I tell them that basically it means like you are a two year old baby, and you don’t have any control: someone gives you something to drink for example:  you drink it down, and you ask for something else, and whoever is looking after you continues to allow you to drink liquid until you are not thirsty anymore. Assuming you drink a lot of liquid, eventually you are not going to be able to hold it, and you will do the “party dance”. You try to hold it, but you can’t, and the next thing you know your diaper is wet: there is nothing you can do about it because that is the way it is. It releases whenever it feels like it, and once it starts you can’t stop until you’re fully empty.

Like you, I am incontinent, but there’s no reason why I cannot have any “fun“ when I am wearing diapers. Diapers are in necessity, but they can be used as a way to have fun. One way that I make it interesting is that I don’t just wear plain white diapers. I wear them every day, so why not switch up the colors that I am asking for. There is nothing wrong with wearing diapers, and they are a part of me as much as my wheelchair is or my walker is:  that will never change: neither will my feelings that I feel every day. Wearing diapers is a way I deal with incontinence, and the feelings that I feel every day, and it also helps me to be relaxed, and helps my sanity, it helps me to focus, and it also helps me not to worry about everything in the world that could possibly go wrong and then end up dwelling on it. Diapers are the way that I have chosen to deal with my incontinence: I had to fight really hard with the state to make them understand that I am disabled, and no specialist is going to help me deal with incontinence: what I mean by that says I am the “specialist“ and my doctor is the “specialist“ about me as a patient, my disability as far as he understands it, and my needs as he understands it. I am not afraid or scared to go to my doctor and tell him exactly what is going on, why I feel the way I feel, or something is wrong. This is one of the things that you have to do when you go to a doctor.

to me diapers are needed, used, and they feel good: I cannot put into words what do I feel like because it is hard for me to imagine the proper words to use. You feel like you’re in your zone, you feel comfortable, you don’t have to worry, you have your bathroom with you, you can use it, and no one can get after you or make you feel guilty because you have done so. We have all done this all of our lives: everyone in the world is that an accident every once in a while, and made a mess that you have to clean up, or whatever happens. I don’t care if you’re two years old or you’re 62, things happen, and it is one thing to be incontinent, but one of the things that helps me is to add the front elements whenever I can. Being here on DD helps me to understand what it is that I am going through, or why I am going through what I am going through. It took me a long time to get to that point, but I quite understand what makes me tick, and as such diapers are part of me and always have been in some way shape or form. The only thing that was the problem was that I kept “hiding it“ from my inner self, denying what was actually true, and it took people like @Evelyn Dellcerro @Transfusionelle @amorfraldaJR @philmydiaper @Glennie@~ashley~ @DailyDi @AwakenEvil @diaperwearntiggerAnd many others too numerous to mention help me get to the point where I understood why I felt the way I did, and why I wanted to do what I was doing. They also told me that there is nothing wrong with what I was doing, and then incontinence is nothing to worry about, because you can deal with it very easily. So many times, doctors and medical professionals want you to be “treated” for condition. This would be fine in 99% of the situations where it is something that can be fixed, and something that does not cause you medical harm, or make you sick. We all want to be healthy, and our doctor is there to help us make sure that we are healthy. When I talked to my doctor I understood that there is nothing the matter with me, and the way I wanted to do it was exactly the way I wanted to do it, and he agreed with me and prescribed me the diapers that I currently have, after three months I had to fight really hard and I finally got what I need, and I am happy. People Always ask that if there was a way to “fix“ your incontinence or what you have as a disability, would you want that done?

my answer: hell no! My life is my life, and I would not change it from $1 million. My experiences, my strengths, my weaknesses, my fault, things that make me who I am: these I would never change, neither would I change the family that raised me, and told me that they were right things in wrong things in life, and they help me to understand how to function as a young adult and an adult that’s almost 50 years old. I cannot thank them enough for what they have done, for without them I would not be where I am today. You also have good friends and people that look after you, and give you encouragement and I have many of those, and many of them are right here on DD!

I am glad that @Kawaharuis NOT  ashamed of being diapered. I have friends that are also disabled, or people that decide to wear diapers to deal with the situation.  You are incontinent for a reason, like I am, and like you, this is the way I want to deal with it. If you want to be an adult baby/diaper lover, or you want to be a diaper lover, or anything else, that is your decision and it is a great thing. Being incontinent means that you can be an adult baby should you choose to, and there are different levels of being an adult baby. Do not be ashamed of what you have decided to do because that is what makes you special. There’s nothing wrong with wearing a diaper, but a diaper is a special kind of underwear that you can pee and poop in, and that’s that! I’ve been wearing diapers since 2019, and I would not change what I am doing, nor would I change the decision I made, because with this decision it has open doors for me and made me feel more confident and comfortable within my own skin. Sometimes you have to go through how to get to heaven, but I think once everything fell into place, I was OK!

good luck!

Brian

Exactly and I am not ashamed of being diapered and I don't look at being incontinent in a bad way and I look at being incontinent in a good way. Being an adult baby lets me deal with being Incontinent and deal with being kept in diapers. I know being an adult baby lets me enjoy my adulthood in my own way and lets me deal with incontinence in my own way. Which is why I am not ashamed, embarrassed or humiliated for being an adult baby and incontinent. It's even why I am proud that I am an adult baby, diaper dependent and incontinent.

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, Kawaharu said:

Exactly and I am not ashamed of being diapered and I don't look at being incontinent in a bad way and I look at being incontinent in a good way. Being an adult baby lets me deal with being Incontinent and deal with being kept in diapers. I know being an adult baby lets me enjoy my adulthood in my own way and lets me deal with incontinence in my own way. Which is why I am not ashamed, embarrassed or humiliated for being an adult baby and incontinent. It's even why I am proud that I am an adult baby, diaper dependent and incontinent.

@Kawaharu

It may be, or sound like a silly question: since you are an adult baby, and you are in diapers permanently, do you actually like when you are wearing them, and are able to release, and does that give you a feeling of relief when you finally do? Sometimes I have that happened to me where stress is one of the things that bothers me, but having my diapers and being able to release in them actually helps me release the stress level.

i’m glad that you’re not ashamed: that is part of what happens when you are in a situation where you have to make a determination to make your life easier or be able to function. When you are incontinent like me, you may decide to add a little bit of the fun to it, and you have decided to do what you think is right as well. I am an incontinent diaper lover and I won’t end up changing that for $1 million! It sounds to me like you are enjoying what you are dealing with, so that is cool!

feel free to follow me if you wish or message me privately if you would like. ?

Brian

• Like 1
21 hours ago, ~Brian~ said:

@Kawaharu

It may be, or sound like a silly question: since you are an adult baby, and you are in diapers permanently, do you actually like when you are wearing them, and are able to release, and does that give you a feeling of relief when you finally do? Sometimes I have that happened to me where stress is one of the things that bothers me, but having my diapers and being able to release in them actually helps me release the stress level.

i’m glad that you’re not ashamed: that is part of what happens when you are in a situation where you have to make a determination to make your life easier or be able to function. When you are incontinent like me, you may decide to add a little bit of the fun to it, and you have decided to do what you think is right as well. I am an incontinent diaper lover and I won’t end up changing that for $1 million! It sounds to me like you are enjoying what you are dealing with, so that is cool!

feel free to follow me if you wish or message me privately if you would like. ?

Brian

Heck yeah, When I poop and pee in my diaper, it's a relief of letting my stress go away. Diapers even helps me stay calm and less stressed. Being an adult baby, I am not ashamed of being kept in diapers permanently and being an adult baby helps me deal with being incontinent.

• Thanks 1