LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Christmas Songs

DailyDi

What are your favorite, and most-hated Christmas songs?

Favorite: Mary did you know. Lot of great versions, but I am partial to the Kenny Rogers / Wynona Judd

Close Second - The new version of There's a New Kid In Town by Tandy Travis and Drew Parker

https://www.facebook.com/randytravis/videos/265305908904951

Most-Hated: Wonderful Christmastime - Paul McCartney - Five minutes of singing the same line over and over.

I like most Christmas songs, from wide and varied genres. I can’t think of any one title at the moment, but I do have some dislikes. An artist that comes to mind though, is Barbara Streisand! ????? She was one of my mom’s favorites, and I endured allot of her tunes at an early age. 
Maybe one of my “guilty pleasures” is a song by The Waitresses, Christmas Wrappings (1981). I say guilty, because I know so many people hate that one. But whenever it comes on, I crank it UP!!! ? “Ha ha, sucker”! (Line from their other tune, I Know What Boys Like) ?

I always thought it told a good story in the song, about her meeting that special guy at Christmas, and not having to be alone. ?‍♂️ 

Warning, link is for Christmas Wrappings! If you don’t like it, don’t hit it. ?

https://youtu.be/nud2TQNahaU

Mostly anything old from the 1940's and up to the 1970's or so.  I appreciate that the newer songs in the past 20 years are sung well by popular artists, but not what I grew up with and not the traditional songs I remember by the artists known for singing them.  How can a recent artist improve upon Nat King Cole singing "The Christmas Song" in their ultra modern jazzed up recording, same with someone trying to modernize Bing Crosby's "White Christmas".  It's just not the same.

• Like 1

There is nothing so truly insincere as a Barbra Streisand Christmas album, IMHO. However, I think there are worse Christmas songs; "Grandma got run over by a reindeer" comes to mind.

My favorite version of Mary Did You Know comes from the Gas House Gang.

• Like 1

I think there all about the same:

The same bunch of song’s do the rounds each year on the radio in shops and what not and there mostly catchy but saccharin and corny.

I hear some artists try to make new Christmas songs but most modern songs not just Christmas ones either just go over my head.

I suppose the only exception would be 'Sweet Bells' by Kate Rusby

Kind of a folk rework of Whilst Shepard's Watched

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Apache Raccoon said:

I think there all about the same:

The same bunch of song’s do the rounds each year on the radio in shops and what not and there mostly catchy but saccharin and corny.

I hear some artists try to make new Christmas songs but most modern songs not just Christmas ones either just go over my head.

I suppose the only exception would be 'Sweet Bells' by Kate Rusby

Kind of a folk rework of Whilst Shepard's Watched

Thanks for posting this song buddy! I really really like it! I think it might be my new favorite Christmas song! You have good taste! And * gives you a big hug and rubs your back and kisses you on the forehead!*❤️?❤️??❤️☺️?❤️???❤️??❤️?

• Like 2

I have a soft spot ( not in my head! ??) for some traditional holiday songs... "Silver bells"being one, as well as "little drummer boy"... But most holiday music today S*U*X. I like instrumentals too, so anything by "Mannheim Steamroller" or other such groups. The MS Christmas album is wonderful, since they use a lot of old instruments you don't normally hear. 

While in school, we did "Christmas Carol" ( twice actually) and the sound guys used a lot if Mannheim Steamroller for the music...it really was nice.... Especially the Christmas scene after Tiny Tim had passed away, it opened with the Steamroller rendition of "Bring a torch Jeanette, Isabella" on a recorder, or penny whistle(?) very pretty, but also very sad and lonely, making for a very somber moment, brought a tear to plenty ( including me) I am sure. 

I really cant stand any of the "preachy"  all inclusive Christmas music by paul mccartney or the Beatles, or other such groups....just makes me gag. ??

I always liked the Chipmunks Christmas albums and had them both as a kid when I was about 5 years old.  Many years later as an adult I found them on CD but they didn't include all the songs from the albums.  Since I still had the old records, I transferred them via computer program from turntable to CD.  Problem is, they had been played on old mono record players for so many years they were all scratchy.  Finally my mom remembered that when the local Goldblatts store went out of business years before, she bought both of those albums for about 25 cents each before they shut their doors for good and had them stuck up in her bedroom closet.  Great!  After all those years I had both unopened and never played Chipmunk Christmas albums!  I immediately transferred them to CD and burned a couple extra copies as well. 

I guess I am an old softy and an oldie by many standards. What do you mean by that is there’s so many Christmas songs out there to listen to, that I guess I am partial to the ones that I grew up with, or the ones that are more “traditional“ by the artist that did them originally. What I mean is something like Burl Ives “Santa Claus is coming to town“ or maybe Deborah Lise “rocking around the Christmas tree“ or maybe “silent night“.

I do understand that there are people that like the newer songs, but as Rusty and others have stated, I like the older songs the ones that I grew up with, and the ones that end up giving me the feeling that I have true Christmas spirit. I know that Christmas is supposed to be to celebrate the Lord and the birth of Jesus Christ, that is the “reason for the season“. However kids always look forward to the holidays, and I like to see little kids and see their eyes light up when they get something that they really like, or to see what happens when I’m with my family and I’m able to give them a hug or be able to tell them thank you or be able to eat good food drink beer or whatever it is that we can partake in during the holidays. The holidays mean a lot to me because that is when my family would get together and be able to sit by the tree, drink coffee or drink hot chocolate, or eat like a pig and get away with it.

many of my family members are still here, while a lot of them are no longer with us. When Christmas comes or holiday comes such as Thanksgiving, I’m always reminded of being able to get together with my grandparents and my uncle is my aunt and my cousins or whoever is available, and be able to have a wonderful time being able to either watch football or be able to eat wonderful turkey stuffing pie in the whole 9 yards. There are sometimes where I feel like crying because I miss them, but I know they’re here in my head and in my present because I can feel their spirits, if that makes any sense.

just as Rusty says I like the older songs too.  I mean no disrespect to any artist that is currently recording music in the 2020s, but The older songs bring back all the memories, and all the people who can record music obviously do for Christmas, but it’s not the same: this is not mean that the artist is not a good artist, it just means that I like the older music and the songs that I grew up with, and I remember each of those songs very well. Sometimes the original artists are the best way to remember those times in your life when your family was together all of them. Does anyone remember what it was like to be held by your aunt your uncle or your grandmother or your grandfather why are you talk to them? Sometimes that is exactly what happened during a Christmas Eve before Christmas day. I guess I am partial to that type of scenario, and what songs would have been playing when Christmas was being celebrated.

Sometimes the original artists are the best way to remember those times in your life when your family was together all of them. Does anyone remember what it was like to be held by your aunt your uncle or your grandmother or your grandfather why are you talk to them? Sometimes that is exactly what happened during a Christmas Eve before Christmas day. I guess I am partial to that type of scenario, and what songs would have been playing when Christmas was being celebrated.

I like the Christmas songs, but there are some that I do not like another ones that are kind of jokes. I can understand the laughing jingle bells the barking jingle bells and things like “the 12 pains of Christmas” or something done by Dr. Elmo, like “ grandma got run over by a reindeer“ or the jingle bell song that deals with a Chevy car. Each of those have their place, and I like them, but I love the older songs.

Brian

ps:  some reason, last year or the year before @Evelyn Dellcerro made a turkey for Thanksgiving, and took a picture of it. When I see that picture, it reminds me of what it was like to be with your family and have a wonderful dinner with all of the fixings. This means that we could have turkey, with the fixings, or we could have ham and turkey with all of the fixings for both dishes. I remember seeing that picture and telling EVE that it was a wonderful turkey and that I miss Nice turkey like that.  When I see a picture of a turkey like that it brings back a lot of memories, I just wish that I had my grandparents around sometimes, because sometimes it’s really hard.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, BabySpiderBoy said:

Thanks for posting this song buddy! I really really like it! I think it might be my new favorite Christmas song! You have good taste! And * gives you a big hug and rubs your back and kisses you on the forehead!*❤️?❤️??❤️☺️?❤️???❤️??❤️?

Yay thanks

*Hugs and kisses back*

• Like 1
3 hours ago, ~Brian~ said:

I guess I am an old softy and an oldie by many standards. What do you mean by that is there’s so many Christmas songs out there to listen to, that I guess I am partial to the ones that I grew up with, or the ones that are more “traditional“ by the artist that did them originally. What I mean is something like Burl Ives “Santa Claus is coming to town“ or maybe Deborah Lise “rocking around the Christmas tree“ or maybe “silent night“.

I do understand that there are people that like the newer songs, but as Rusty and others have stated, I like the older songs the ones that I grew up with, and the ones that end up giving me the feeling that I have true Christmas spirit. I know that Christmas is supposed to be to celebrate the Lord and the birth of Jesus Christ, that is the “reason for the season“. However kids always look forward to the holidays, and I like to see little kids and see their eyes light up when they get something that they really like, or to see what happens when I’m with my family and I’m able to give them a hug or be able to tell them thank you or be able to eat good food drink beer or whatever it is that we can partake in during the holidays. The holidays mean a lot to me because that is when my family would get together and be able to sit by the tree, drink coffee or drink hot chocolate, or eat like a pig and get away with it.

many of my family members are still here, while a lot of them are no longer with us. When Christmas comes or holiday comes such as Thanksgiving, I’m always reminded of being able to get together with my grandparents and my uncle is my aunt and my cousins or whoever is available, and be able to have a wonderful time being able to either watch football or be able to eat wonderful turkey stuffing pie in the whole 9 yards. There are sometimes where I feel like crying because I miss them, but I know they’re here in my head and in my present because I can feel their spirits, if that makes any sense.

just as Rusty says I like the older songs too.  I mean no disrespect to any artist that is currently recording music in the 2020s, but The older songs bring back all the memories, and all the people who can record music obviously do for Christmas, but it’s not the same: this is not mean that the artist is not a good artist, it just means that I like the older music and the songs that I grew up with, and I remember each of those songs very well. Sometimes the original artists are the best way to remember those times in your life when your family was together all of them. Does anyone remember what it was like to be held by your aunt your uncle or your grandmother or your grandfather why are you talk to them? Sometimes that is exactly what happened during a Christmas Eve before Christmas day. I guess I am partial to that type of scenario, and what songs would have been playing when Christmas was being celebrated.

Sometimes the original artists are the best way to remember those times in your life when your family was together all of them. Does anyone remember what it was like to be held by your aunt your uncle or your grandmother or your grandfather why are you talk to them? Sometimes that is exactly what happened during a Christmas Eve before Christmas day. I guess I am partial to that type of scenario, and what songs would have been playing when Christmas was being celebrated.

I like the Christmas songs, but there are some that I do not like another ones that are kind of jokes. I can understand the laughing jingle bells the barking jingle bells and things like “the 12 pains of Christmas” or something done by Dr. Elmo, like “ grandma got run over by a reindeer“ or the jingle bell song that deals with a Chevy car. Each of those have their place, and I like them, but I love the older songs.

Brian

ps:  some reason, last year or the year before @Evelyn Dellcerro made a turkey for Thanksgiving, and took a picture of it. When I see that picture, it reminds me of what it was like to be with your family and have a wonderful dinner with all of the fixings. This means that we could have turkey, with the fixings, or we could have ham and turkey with all of the fixings for both dishes. I remember seeing that picture and telling EVE that it was a wonderful turkey and that I miss Nice turkey like that.  When I see a picture of a turkey like that it brings back a lot of memories, I just wish that I had my grandparents around sometimes, because sometimes it’s really hard.

Brian your WRONG.Brenda lee sang- Rocking around the Chrismas tree

10 hours ago, DailyDi said:

What are your favorite, and most-hated Christmas songs?

Favorite: Mary did you know. Lot of great versions, but I am partial to the Kenny Rogers / Wynona Judd

Close Second - The new version of There's a New Kid In Town by Tandy Travis and Drew Parker

https://www.facebook.com/randytravis/videos/265305908904951

Most-Hated: Wonderful Christmastime - Paul McCartney - Five minutes of singing the same line over and over.

i stopped liking holiday music when i gave up on holidays, but i recall one cover of mary did you know that you might like, try this one:

as for most hated, christmas shoes.

• Like 2

I would have to say my favorite Christmas song is, All I want For Christmas Is You! Because it always reminds me of my two daddies!!!!????❤️ And it's true, because all I want for Christmas is them.?? Especially Daddy Ty Ty! My second favorite is sweet bells! And I have @Apache Raccoon to thank for that.??❤️?❤️?

• Like 1

I can’t say if there are any that I outright hate, but much of what they play in the stores can grind on my ears after awhile. 

Having said that, I do have a selection of Holiday music saved on my phone. My current favorites are “Christmas Eve (Sarajevo 12/24)” by Trans Siberian Orchestra and “O Come, O Come Emanuel (The One Foretold)” by Blood Thirsty. Dark, Symphonic, growling….brings a tear to my eye when I hear it. 

Actually, as Brian said above, many of the "oldies" ie; 40's and 50's classic songs are great to hear, but there was one that I really like that I forgot. "Fairytale of New York" by the Pogues. The main line that always gets me is ..... "and the bells were ringing out for Christmas day." ...gets me everytime..

????

14 hours ago, DailyDi said:

I didn't know that was him. I can't stand that song. I'd rather hear Friday by Rebecca Black.

Most enjoyed... hard to say. I like Christmas music in small doses, at the right time. While decorating the tree, while sitting around it, unwrapping presents, maybe during Christmas dinner. But not in the car, not all day in the house. I'm partial to most of the classics under the right circumstances - White Christmas, Walking in a Winter Wonderland, Silver Bells.

Probably the song I hate the most is that wretched treacle "Christmas Shoes" song about the kid with the dying mom.  

20 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

Most enjoyed... hard to say. I like Christmas music in small doses, at the right time. While decorating the tree, while sitting around it, unwrapping presents, maybe during Christmas dinner. But not in the car, not all day in the house. I'm partial to most of the classics under the right circumstances - White Christmas, Walking in a Winter Wonderland, Silver Bells.

Probably the song I hate the most is that wretched treacle "Christmas Shoes" song about the kid with the dying mom.  

@Little Sherri

I don’t mind Christmas music so much – what I don’t like is the fact that it seems like the Christmas music gets earlier and earlier and earlier in the rotation every year. I remember when we used to be kids we would have Christmas music probably from Thanksgiving day all the way until Christmas day and then we would end up having a few extra days to listen to it before the beginning of the year, and then it was put away for another year. Now we have stations that run 24 hours a day seven days a week that do Christmas music, and while that has a function in most businesses and homes, after a while you get sick of the same 24 seven music being played, so they allure slowly fades, then you return to your normal music selections.

Christmas music is cool because it reminds me of when I used to be a kid, or it reminds me of when I used to go to my grandparents house or to one of my relatives houses, and we would have Christmas together. Christmas is the time of year where people get together and celebrate family, friends, and everybody else. It is also the time of year that we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, which I always will remember. I always look at it this way: Santa Claus comes for the little ones, and may leave presents for mommy and daddy, or other people in the family. Christmas dreams and traditions are things that we don’t forget, and Christmas is for the kids as well. I can’t tell you how many times as a kid I would open up a present in my eyes would light up, or when I watch one of my nephews or nieces open presents in their eyes light up because they got some thing that they really liked.  Christmas music adds to that particular feeling because it sets you in that mood. I like the classic Christmas music like you said, because even though there are many artists out there that played this music, that sing this music, and like music, there is a certain allure to a certain type of music that you get used to as you grow up. I know that there are a lot of artists out there that will do their own Christmas albums, but there is nothing better than having the Christmas music around that you are used to hearing on Christmas.

One of the things that bothers me is. When they play the laughing jingle bells the barking jingle bells or something to that effect over and over again. They also have songs from “Dr. Elmo” that talk about grandma getting run over by a reindeer, or they do jingle bells but they do it in a rendition about an old Chevrolet. Those also have their place in Christmas Lore, and they are funny, But give me the classic music every day and I would be happy: my main concern is that I want to have a great holiday and remember the times that we used to have, the things we used to do, and always remember the nice memories that I have in my head. I have to admit however, that sometimes it is really hard your Christmas or Thanksgiving or one of my deceased relative birthdays - at that time it is harder because you think of them and you may end up bursting out crying.  I am on depression meds because of this ridiculousness. There was one time a couple years ago or more where I was at home and everything was fine, I went through the Christmas holiday, came back to my house Christmas Eve, after spending time with my parents, went through New Year’s, and then for some reason I don’t know where all of my shields and defenses went down and everything that I had in my head just poured out onto the ground. I had mood swings that were ridiculous for some reason I just could not stop crying and it was ridiculous – I had no control of this, And I wanted to let the doctor know about that. That’s why I say sometimes it is hard when the holidays approach: luckily I have my medicine to help me deal with it so that I do not release all of those emotions all at once. If you remember the Incredible Hulk: you did not want to make David banner angry otherwise he would turn into the Hulk a big green Hawking guy that would probably rip your head off if he made him mad, but he was as sweet as a pussycat if he’s trying to help you. When I had that happen, I didn’t know what was going on, because it just all came out at once.

i’m not sure what I’m going to do for Christmas this year: I probably will go to my dads because that is one place that I feel that is awesome and I always like to spend time with my dad there may be times that I miss him, but when I go over to see him, that is not as bad. My dad is 75 years old, so I try to enjoy any and all time with my father because I’m not sure how much longer I will have him around, so I try to make the best of anything that I’m doing. I love my parents with all of my heart, it just hurts sometimes that things cause trouble for me and I’m not sure how to deal with them at some points.  I pray that I have a good holiday season and that everybody is healthy happy and able to enjoy time with your families, because this is what Christmas is all about!

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
Added paragraph breaks for better readability

You raise some very good and thoughtful points, @~Brian~ (as usual); Christmas is largely portrayed as a wonderful season of giving and togetherness and sentimentality, but, it is also a time to remember the people you used to enjoy gathering with, who have left your life, or left this earth. For some people, the nostalgia can bring a stew of emotions bubbling to the surface, because not everyone's Christmases were happy ones, and, some people find that constantly being told that " 'Tis the season to be jolly" is a reminder that they aren't jolly, maybe because of depression, or because they're lonely or not in a good place this year. It's important to remember not to impose one's seasonal mood expectations on others, when you don't know what they're going through, and to try to be supportive and to reach out to people whom you think might be struggling, without judgement or conditions. 

I wish you all the best, Brian, and I hope that you enjoy your time with your father - it's precious. My step-dad is 86 this year, and while he's in good health, I know that there likely aren't that many more Christmases that we're going to have him around for, so, we have to make the best of it while we can. I know what you mean about mixed feelings, too - my relationship with my parents wasn't always the best, particularly when I was a young teen, and that can weight on things a bit sometimes, but I try to take the attitude that life is short, and we should make the best of the people we have around us, set hard feelings aside (or drink until you don't remember them!), and try to have a good time. And wear diapers! 

• Like 1