LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

If you HAD to go 24/7

If you had to go 24/7 starting tomorrow, how disruptive would it be to your current lief?

Me, I need protection, so am already 24/7 in some level of diapers or pull-ups, but if I had to go to full diapers 24/7 the only real impact would be financial.

It would be a huge pain in the rear. I mainly wear Always Discreet pull ups, which are pretty inexpensive, and use them maybe 2-3 times a week, tops. (Even less now with the high temperatures, too hot to wear them if I don't have to!) I occasionally buy premium ABDL diapers, but they are reserved for special occasions, which are few and far between these days. If I had to wear 24/7 I would definitely have to invest in better diapers than the pull ups, which would be tough financially.

Then I'd probably need new clothes, as most of what I currently own (think leggings and skinny jeans) isn't going to hide the bulk of anything more substantial than a pull up. 

Oh yeah, changing at work would be...interesting, to say the least. We have just 2 very small (as in your knees are under the sink when you're sitting on the toilet), poorly ventilated, single-occupancy bathrooms. I'd either need to invest in diapers that can last a full day, or run home at lunch to change.

Last but not least, I'd have to rearrange things to make more diaper storage space. I currently have 3 Closetmaid Cubicals fabric bins for diapers...one holds a full pack of pull ups (I typically order 2-3 bags at a time and store what doesn't fit in the bin in the back of my closet), another has my remaining ABDL diaper stash, and the third has my cloth training pants, PUL pocket diapers/diaper covers and inserts, and plastic pants. The bins go into a Closetmaid Cubicals shelving unit, so the contents aren't visible unless you pull them out. I'd be hard pressed to find more storage space that's out of sight.

It would be pretty disruptive.  The financial impact, changes at work and other places away from home would be a pain.  Carrying around supplies. Leaks

I went 24/7 about 2.5 years ago and it was, to be honest, considerably less disruptive than I thought it would be. I held onto my boxers from the "before times" until last fall, when I realized that I really didn't want them anymore, and I hadn't needed to go back into them. The financial impact is notable, I guess, but I wait for sales (Rearz has some great ones) and stock up when I can. I have also found that wearing premium diapers means using fewer of them, which costs less in the end. I have invested in cloth diapers so that I have a less expensive option on deck if it ever comes to that, but right now I am making okay money on the side doing little home improvement jobs with friends, and that has allowed me budgetary autonomy with respect to buying diapers (and beer and Scotch) - they don't hit the household budget so my wife has nothing to complain about. Well, at least in terms of the cost. 

I found that up-sizing my pants & shorts by one size, and investing in onesies (diaper shirts) has made it way, way easier to wear decent diapers anywhere and everywhere, but I still keep slim diapers in stock for wearing to the gym. If I ever go back to the gym.

If I found myself forced to wear diapers 24/7 by medical, as opposed to psychological necessity, it wouldn't be that disruptive, at least not on the #1 end of the spectrum - I live like I need to be in diapers, anyway, and to be honest, that has resulted in me being way more comfortable with a diaper on. I'm sure I could go back and regain some of my holding abilities, but I don't want to. That said, I have utmost respect for anyone dealing with a loss of control in the #2 department - THAT would be disruptive. It's one thing to go a couple of extra hours in a wet diaper because it's inconvenient to change. That option becomes a lot less comfortable, and more socially problematic, when you have a blowout situation. My hat is off to those of you facing that reality. 

If I had to go 24/7 it wouldn't be good, not now anyway. I wouldn't be able to afford my ABU diapies, which I love.?❤️?? But I could manage, I would just have to go with the cheapy diapies which I would hate.? I love smelling like an baby!???????❤️

It wouldn’t be THAT disruptive.

Having said that, much like @Little Sherri, I went 24/7 around 2.5 years ago so for the most part, this Rubicon has been crossed already.

Pretty much all of the barriers raised are real, but can be overcome one at a time and mostly I have done this (there are one or two more left to deal with).

The financial barrier is one not so easily solved by mental gymnastics although I’ve quickly discovered that a diet of two high quality/high absorbency nappies per day works out lower cost (and more comfortable) than juggling 4 – 5 cheap ones.

For serious, full-time use, I’ve yet to meet a pull-up that wasn’t useless.

My nappies cost me little more than one up-market coffee per day.

I also agree that #2 incontinence would be a much bigger disrupter and I’ve avoided this.  Having glimpsed this world, I feel for the people who have no choice but to manage this.

At night, I'm probably now well past the point of no return as a bed wetter and I suspect during the day, I'm less continent than I like to imagine but regrets so far are limited and transient.

I went 24/7 because I HAD to: mentally.  It scratched a maddening brain-itch that was pushing me towards some kind of psychological cliff edge. 

if i had to, wouldnt disrupt much, on ssi so no job to have to work around it, only a few dont know i have diapers, couldnt care less if they found out, id hate to have to jump through the hoops medicaid would have for me but if i had to go 24/7 and they approved me no financial impact, otherwise it would be financially ouchy.

Very disruptive and I'm just a once or twice weekly wearer for a few hours when I get up in the mornings.  The thing is, if I had to go 24/7 tomorrow, I wold be set for it with some premium diapers I have on hand, enough to hold me until I ordered more.  I'm assuming if all of a sudden I needed to be in diapers 24/7 it would be for some type of medical issue, such as an accident I was in or perhaps cancer was discovered and there was emergency surgery to remove my bladder or sphincter leaving me diaper dependent.  No one knows I wear diapers now and then and that's the way I want to keep it, but you can't hide a major surgery from people including family, friends and coworkers.  They would have to know you are in the hospital for whatever reason and frankly I would tell my boss what had happened and my new status of being incontinent.  The biggest differences socially would be people knowing it's because of an accident that damaged my body or a life saving surgery for cancer.  I would have some sympathy over my situation rather than, "What a weirdo!  He likes wearing diapers and wetting himself".  I'd also contact my medical insurance and get them to cover costs of supplies as much as they can based on doctor diagnoses.  I hope it never ever happens.

Im already 27/7 for the last 6.5 years being diapered 24/7 really has not changed my life all that much 

Have to carry a small sling bag with a couple of diapers and wipes when out and about when away from the car or home

Haven't been swimming in years (Not worried about that one) 

traveling is more challenging to make sure I bring enough supply’s for the trip haven’t had to deal with flying yet

Diapers quickly become part of your daily life 

I'm pretty much 24/7 by choice now, and don't find it disruptive.  I've recently changed from working at home to working in person and was concerned if that would be a problem.   But it really isn't.   Nobody notices, or cares.  It doesn't matter why, and I don't owe anybody, except my doctor, an explanation why I'm wearing diapers.    

Changing diapers in public could be a problem, but you really don't need to change premium diapers that often.  It also isn't necessary to exclusively use the diaper.   I can easily lower my diaper slightly and take care of the front business.   I basically try not to over load my diaper when I'm out in public, and can make it about 10 hours before I need a change.   

Contrary to popular belief, premium diapers don't create a noticeable bulge.   You might see somebody who you suspect are diapered by the slight bulge, but that's not a guarantee.  For me- I have never noticed anybody in an adult diaper, even when they are purchasing the products.    

I have changed diaper in public a few times, mainly after being at Cinema, but then I have used the handicap toilet.

I don't see my bulge in ABDL diapers with booster, until it gets very wet, and even then its not that noticeable. 
I can feel it easily, but...

Been wearing diapers for 37 years now, since I made the choice to rediaper train myself at the age of 20.

Never gave much thought as to the cost of my diapers as I wanted them.

Worn diapers every day since and now if I do decide not to wear a diaper I end up in wet or messy pants.

• Like 1

Been wearing diapers for 37 years now, since I made the choice to rediaper train myself at the age of 20.

Never gave much thought as to the cost of my diapers as I wanted them.

Worn diapers every day since and now if I do decide not to wear a diaper I end up in wet or messy pants.

Just this morning I received my latest diaper order from Northshore. 

1 case supreme large / 45 diapers.

3 pack of XL wipes. 

1 pack supreme XL / 15 diapers. 

1 pack MegaMax Tie-Dye, large. 10 diapers. 

Total cost.$165.59

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hard to truly know how much of a impact something like that would have. It would also very much depend on why I need 24/7 protection. 

The obvious one would be financial, but I could afford it and depending on the reason I could get it covered by my insurance. 

I spend most of my time at home and when I go out it usually for like a few hours. Again that would depend on how severe the incontince would be with how much trouble those few hours would be. 

I have told some people I at times need to wear diapers at times (I do it for security when I get let's just say stomach pains) and even a few know I am a dl. They they have reacted positive to it so I don't think it would be a big social problem, especially if I really need it. 

So right now I don't think it would disrupt my usual ritem that much, but it would depend on how severe the incontince would be. I would probably shower a bit more and probably use creams and such more. 

at first, getting used to everything new would be disruptive. new routines, messing in general, carrying around paraphernalia, some wardrobe changes, and of course accidents, leaks and such.

but eventually, probably not all that disruptive. g/f knows i wear already and is supportive of my diaper wearing, my friends would be supportive and/or wouldn't care, family would probably be the same way (except of course some ribbing from the siblings). the biggest thing would be financial disruption. unless it's for medical reasons and not some sort of dare, coercion or wager, then like was said before, insurance would (hopefully) at least take the lion's share of the financial burden. 

If I had to wear 24/7 for a medical reason It would disrupt my life slightly mainly work but not financially at all as my medical would cover there costs automatically as its part of the provided service.