LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wetting without realizing: What’s it like, how long did it take you to get there?

Hi all,

I’m a very long time lurker. Actually I used to be a regular on the forums under a different name back in the early 2000’s but I digress....

I’ve been 24/7 for a few years now and have made remarkable day and night progress. I wouldn’t trust me to go without a diaper these days. Incontinence isn’t for everyone, but for me I wouldn’t have it any other way. I plan to spend the rest of my life in diapers. 

My dream is to get to the point where I am oblivious to whether or not I’m wet or dry and the only way I know is by diaper check.   

However even with my progress that still sees elusive to me. I have developed profound urge incontinence and I dribble a tiny bit during the day time and occasionally  I will be too distracted to realize I’m wetting.  I just have a faint memory of wetting at some point. But for the most, part I’m very aware when I’m wetting, even if I can’t control it. 

I’m curious for those here who do wet without realizing, what’s it like?  Do you dribble, or do you still have larger voids but are simply unaware?   How long did it take you to get to that point? Was it a gradual process?  Any other tips? 

Thanks!

Enthusi 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

A small drip or trickle might go without notice, but unless you were paralyzed or had some kind of nerve damage, voiding a full bladder would be impossible to miss...either the sensation of urine flowing through the urethra or the warmth/wetness spreading inside your diaper. What has happened in my experience is when voiding became more or less automatic, with no resistance or warning, I notice it the moment it happens (unless I’m asleep) but then later I can’t recall when or how many times I’ve wet. 

as tony said if you wet small amounts you may or may not realize it with today diaper they absorb so fast you really dont feel the wetness. for me im to the point of dribbling all the time. but understand i have been wearing diapers all the time since i was 18 and using them. but dont take it lightly it can be a pain. i was a bed wetter in the first place when i live with a man that help me fine my little side. it took year to get to that point.  

In my case, I definitely feel the urine passing through the uretha.   Unless it's drip, like what happens about I've pooped and stand up, I can feel the urine against my skin.

• 3 months later...
On 6/3/2021 at 10:43 PM, Gavin S said:

I feel the wetness in my diaper. That's the only way I know I'm going.

So that 'urge' feeling.. or the awareness of 'i gotta pee' is gone? I want to get to that point. How long did that take? Most of the time, I still have that awareness, even tho it's easier now to just go rather than to focus on release. 

I've been wearing full-time for over a year, and all my waking hours for nearly three years.  These days, I usually notice I'm about to wet just before it starts, but my sphincter's already relaxed, and the wee starts on its own.  Sometimes it just starts without me knowing it's going to happen, but that's the exception rather than the rule.  There's never any 'urge' feeling these days, and never a full bladder, unless I'm asleep with a kink in the hose.  I can nearly always feel the wetting when it starts, but sometimes when I'm lying in bed I feel nothing as it soaks straight into my nappy without touching my skin at all.

• Like 1

It has taken me in total a few years but that includes alot of purging in the past. I gave been 247 since January of this year and I still feel pressure right before I wet sometimes, but most of the time I don't notice until I am already wetting. And I wet a little bit constantly. Lol bigger amounts every couple hours or so.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Here’s my best recommendation:

take your metric/goal of “oblivious to whether I’m wet or dry” and actually forget about it.

I’m serious :). 

chances are it could already be happening, but your definition of “oblivious” and “wet or dry” are so exact that you don’t notice.

For example, after a little over a year of zero underwear and all diapers , I hVe tried wearing shorts (commando style) for a few hours. Every time I do it? The shorts are damp by the time I’m done. I will swear I do not wet them , and I’m def not sweating . But they are damp (and need changing) and smell like pee. So clearly I’m leaking . 

On the same token, I occasionally wet the bed and even my diaper with zero warning . Sometimes my diaper is way wetter than I remember using . Sometimes it leaks and I def don’t remember using it that much . 

while we might rationalize it as “oh I was distracted” or “oh I still knew I was wet...”, that’s just the mind making up an excuse. In reality these are all parts of being incontinent and needing diapers. So enjoy it all :). 

• Like 3

I have a constant dribble so never have a full bladder and wet without realizing all the time.   It's like Babyboi91 says, forget about it.  When I'm at work and concentrating on other stuff my diaper just fills up and I don't notice it happening.   

21 hours ago, BabyBoi91 said:

Here’s my best recommendation:

take your metric/goal of “oblivious to whether I’m wet or dry” and actually forget about it.

I’m serious :). 

chances are it could already be happening, but your definition of “oblivious” and “wet or dry” are so exact that you don’t notice.

For example, after a little over a year of zero underwear and all diapers , I hVe tried wearing shorts (commando style) for a few hours. Every time I do it? The shorts are damp by the time I’m done. I will swear I do not wet them , and I’m def not sweating . But they are damp (and need changing) and smell like pee. So clearly I’m leaking . 

On the same token, I occasionally wet the bed and even my diaper with zero warning . Sometimes my diaper is way wetter than I remember using . Sometimes it leaks and I def don’t remember using it that much . 

while we might rationalize it as “oh I was distracted” or “oh I still knew I was wet...”, that’s just the mind making up an excuse. In reality these are all parts of being incontinent and needing diapers. So enjoy it all :). 

Funny you say this. I just posted something the other day here about how I’m leaking a lot recently and I concluded I am losing my ability to estimate how wet I am or when a change is due based on my awareness of how wet I am.  That is to say, I used my diaper more than I realized. 

It’s such a weird sensation.  I still am trying to wrap my head around it. I don’t feel like I’m wetting any more than usual. And when I go without a diaper yes my clothes are a bit damp but not THAT wet.   So I don’t think I’m dribbling that much. Instead my guess is that I’m making small spurts here or there that I didn’t pay attention to.

Though the REAL mind screw is that ever since I switched to timed diaper changes my life has gotten easier.  It’s nice not having to mentally track how many times I’ve wet.   Like… since when has it become a chore to pay attention to how much I’ve wet?  Does that make any sense? It does to me. 

I think for many of us who are incontinent, we leak small amounts so don’t often have the feeling of urination, simply because there isn’t enough in there. For me usually the only time I feel myself urinating is if I’ve been sitting forward for an extended period of time ie driving or working at a desk. It seems like I don’t leak in that position so when I stand up, I have a heavier wetting. I really only pay attention to how my diaper feels, once it starts to sag, I change. The time between changes is different depending on the time of day. I usually wear betterdry or similar, which is pretty high capacity but the one I change into in the morning is usually full in around 4 hours, but the next one will last double that

• Like 1

After 2.5 years or so of 24/7, bedwetting is now a thing.  When that happens, I just wake up wet and I’ve often leaked into my lined waterproofs because I did not “manage” the wetting event in bed (happened again this morning).  I’ve generally no insight into when that may have happened although rarely these days there will be a “pee dream” that might have been a clue.

Until last week I’d have told you that all of my daytime voids were deliberate.

There was an incident a week ago.  It wasn’t so much that I’d was “wetting without realizing” as much as it was “realizing that I was wetting”.

The sensation of pee vibrating my urethra and the telltale spreading warmth in my diaper was quite haptically obvious.  What was not obvious was a preceding decision to allow that to happen.  I just realized I was wetting myself and could not recall deciding to do that.

It’s entirely possible, even probable, that I DID decide to pee but it’s become so normalized that I got distracted by something and forgot I’d granted permission.

Having said that, I rationalized similarly for months against the evidence of my emerging bedwetting habit.