LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Disposal routine?

What's your diaper disposal routine?

I use a covered trash bin in my room that holds 2-3 days worth of wet diapers without the smell being noticeable. Then the bag from the can goes into a regular trash bag with whatever trash is laying around and out it goes.

In my office, I have a Janibel pail that I just put tall kitchen can bags in.
In the bedroom, I just use a tall kitchen can bag (one per diaper) and knot the bag itself and leave it there until I can get it to the garage.

20 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

What's your diaper disposal routine?

I use a covered trash bin in my room that holds 2-3 days worth of wet diapers without the smell being noticeable. Then the bag from the can goes into a regular trash bag with whatever trash is laying around and out it goes.

@DailyDi@willnotwill

What I do is, I take some trash bags from my office in Montpelier, that have the drawstrings to pull them closed.  If I have a wet or dirty diaper, I simply take it off, wipe up, and dispose of the diaper in the bag, and each time I do that, I pull the strings closed and leave it in my shower bay against the opposite wall.  Then, if I have a POOPY diaper, I simply take it off, wrap it up, and dispose in the bag.  I usually don't worry about WET ones smelling really bad, because I can just throw them away, and when I have 7-8 of them, or when the bag is heavy, I take it out and dispose as regular trash.

Brian

I've got two buckets with lids.  One lives in the bathroom, & the other is by the washing machine in the cellar.  About daily I swap the buckets, when the one in the bathroom is full.  Every two days they go in the wash, then I air them for a few hours in the spare bedroom, then they go back in my big bag in our bedroom.  The time of day varies: it depends on when I need changing.

When the kids are home from college it gets more complicated, as I have to go undercover.  Instead of the bucket in the bathroom I use the hidden cupboard under the bath, & sneak them out when I can (early morning's best).  This Xmas I wore disposables to make things a bit simpler.

• Like 1

Since I only wear once or twice a week, usually for about 3 hours when I get up in the morning, I'll roll up my wet diaper and tie it up in a plastic grocery bag.  When I take the trash out to the curb, I'll usually put the grocery bagged diaper in the larger kitchen trash bag and toss it in the trash bin.  Sometimes I will put the first grocery bag with the diaper in it into a second grocery bag of which I'll add regular trash from the house, such as food wrappers, solicitations that come in the mail, paper towels, other trash, then I'll tie that bag up and toss it in the outside container.  No one will open that outer bag to find the inner bag with the wet diaper.

For the once or twice a month on a Saturday that I have the house to myself and mess my diaper, I will grab about 5 plastic grocery bags.  I'll step into the bathtub and when I remove my diaper it immediately gets put in one of the grocery bags, tied up and that bag is put into another bag and tied up again.  After cleaning up with the hand held shower attachment and cleaning out the tub, I'll put the double bagged diaper in 3 more bags tying each one up, and I may even put a little trash in the last bag.  No one can tell in those 5 grocery bags there is a messy diaper.  If I have kitchen trash to take out to the bin, I may bury the bagged up diaper in the middle of the large kitchen sized trash bag, tie it up and take it to the bin outside.  Otherwise, after changing out of the messy diaper and cleaning up, I usually have to run to the store to get something for dinner.  That is a perfect opportunity to toss it in the trash can outside the entrance to the grocery store.  Before anyone says "Yuck", the diaper is bagged and tied up in at least 5 separate grocery store bags, it's a small size trash bag and there is no smell at all.  Just like tossing a bag of trash you cleaned up from inside your car when at the gas station. 

I ussually wear only at night. So I can leave me wet diapers until trash day. If my diaper is poopy I will put it in a shopping plastic bag. Get all the air out of the bag and double knot it. Then I can leave it with no smell. By the way scented baby wipes cut down on smell too. 

I have a large garbage can in the basement for all my used diapers. Otherwise, when I am not at home, I just throw the used diapers in the public bathroom trash can. At this point, I have no problem walking out of a stall with my used diaper and tossing it in the trash can. 

I have two diaper pails in the bathroom.Side by side.One is for cloth and one for disposables.I rinse out the cloth ones in the tub.Then I hang them over my shower chair till the next change.Then I take the first diaper and hang it over the shower curtain till it drys.I am dot putting a wet cloth diaper in the pail.

Whenever I change, my soiled diaper and any wipes immediately go into a small trash bag that gets tied off with a knot.

If I am at home, I usually put this bag directly into the outside trash bin that is maybe five feet from my backdoor. If for whatever reason I don't want to go outside, I may put them in the garage trash bin for a day or two at most. I never leave them inside the house as even a few hours causes the smell to permeate the place.

Whenever I am away from home, I usually double bag the used diapers. If the restroom has a proper trash bin, I'll deposit them in there. However, a growing number of public (men's) restrooms around here don't even have trash bins- don't ask me why. So, I sometimes have to hold onto or out the used diaper into my backpack until I can find a proper place to dispose of it.

NOTE: I have urinary urge incontinence and wear 24/7.

simple enough for me since i have a closet for my diaper stuff bags can sit in there for a little while. i put the old diaper (with any wipes, gloves, and other garbage) into a small (8 gallon size, i think) scented draw-string trash bag, sometimes up to three others go in there too, depending on the size of the diapers. then that bag and usually up to three more bags like it (depending on the weight) go into a larger, scented, black-out draw-string bag (i think 13 gallon, and the draw-strings make tying up a breeze!) and finally, again depending on how many bags i have and how heavy things are, two or three of those go into a final black 30 gallon draw-string trash bag and out the door it goes!

BTW - i cannot stress enough the importance of a quality trash bag! not just for diapers, but for life in general! i used to buy the off brand/store brand trash bags thinking i'd get a better deal, save a few bucks, and so on. only to find bags ripping, draw-strings regularly breaking, needing to use another bag to bag up the wounded trash bag only to hurt that bag, needing another!

so moral of the story: buy quality trash bags! 

I use BOS bags from Amazon to dispose of all of my diapers. I typically have 3 wet diapers per day and 1 wet and messy diaper per day. The BOS bags are specially made to contain the smell of a messy diaper and they really work very well. My trash is picked up once a week where I live. The BOS bags keep my house from smelling like messy diapers. I was first not sure how good the BOS bags would work to keep the poop smell contained, but even after a week of a messy diaper being in one of the bags, you cannot smell anything through the bag.

I bought a Dekor diaper pail. It seals in the smell pretty well if I empty it every three days or so. I should probably empty it every other day, but o well.

I try avoid just throwing a diaper in any other trash can since it will smell up the trash can pretty bad. I live alone and only need to empty the trash one a week or so, so even though I just wet, pee yew.

Disposing of diapers would be my biggest problem. That is one of the main reasons I only wear cloth. Cloth diapers are easy to wash and store discreetly when I'm alone during the day. Not only that, but I grew up wearing cloth so that's what I prefer. I have never even tried a disposable diaper although I have been tempted to. Still, there is no "private" garbage can. (Mom and I live at her house and my brother lives in my house where I spend the day while he is at work).

I use black 100 liter trash bags, but only fill them like 1/3 cause of the weight and throw them out the day before pickup, which is today, and next time is in 2 weeks. Indoor bin is in the washroom. 

Sometimes the outdoor bin is full, or I forget or something, then I store the bags in the shed and try to throw them out next time, or I take them to the dump myself, at some point.

I have thrown some bags in the public bins. I pay enough taxes so in a way I already paid for it..

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2021 at 10:04 AM, BabyJune said:

but I grew up wearing cloth so that's what I prefer. I have never even tried a disposable diaper although I have been tempted to.

Do not be, you are not missing a single thang. I do not know how anyone who had any significant experience with the real thing could ever feel like these are diapers They are unsubstantial and the padding is not full-coverage

• Like 1

After each change, the diaper goes in a plastic grocery bag (usually a colored one if I can). Or two or three to help disguise it. I'll empty my bedroom trashcan, too. then it goes out the door into the big garbage can.  How well do diaper disposable pails work on adult diapers vs on baby diapers? Or do you need special adult diaper pails? 

I have found some pails that holds 20 baby diapers, but that would be like 4 adult diapers, without stuffer

Not found any adult diaper pails and doubt they exist 

12 hours ago, Dubious said:

Not found any adult diaper pails and doubt they exist 

I have one- a Dekor Plus and it works very well. Big enough opening for adults diapers. Secondary hatch cover to help hide the smell. Disposable bags system. About the same height as my clothes hamper, so it sits right next to it in the closet. Very unobtrusive.

I still live at home, so I have to smuggle them out of the house to dispose of them. I double bag them in strong dog bags, then hide them. When leaving for work in the mornings (6 am, no one's around) I take them and throw them in a public bin on my street before I leave.

• Like 1