LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Training to wet at night

Joanne_B

Has anyone successfully trained themselves to wet at night?

I tried this a few years ago with minimal success. I went about 4-5 months diapered every night and training myself to wet in my sleep. There were only two or three mornings I woke up wet and didn't remember doing it, though I was probably half awake. I gave up because it just wasn't working out overall.

I used to wet the bed as a child until I was around 12 or 13. I would never want to be inco, but I do miss wetting at night. I don't believe in hypnosis or things along those lines, but I always did believe it's possible to retrain yourself to wet while asleep. I was just wondering if anyone has been successful at it? If so, what was your technique? How long did it take?

• Like 4

I’m working in this now, but I don’t sleep well at night anymore so wetting or needing to wet usually wakes me up. I’ll keep you posted on progress if you like, but I’ll be watching to see advice from others too

Just remember Nocturnal bedwetting is the hardest form of IC issues to reverse and can lead to day time issues Ie you close your eyes for a nap and chances are your will pee while you are sitting on the sofa or passenger seat of a car.

Ive been diapered 24/7 for 6 years for an OAB issue and I pee with out warning but I rarely pee while sleeping most nights I wake up slightly and the flood gates open. 

Im use to having to wear and use my diaper and yes I wish I could pee while I sleep as being woken to pee is a pain as most times I donot get back to sleep for an hour or so. 

I would never choose to pee at night if I did not all ready have an IC issue.

• Like 3

I am working on this as well but also limited success.  I have been listening to  hypnosis tracks on YouTube on loop with earbuds.  I can't say whether it has been working because I still wake up and wet but don't remember if I was already wet but it has become easier to wet and fall back to sleep.  I am not looking to become incont. either but if I could wet the bed a few times, then maybe my husband will insist I be diapered at night.  For now, I am sneaking into bed diapered after he has fallen asleep.

Good Luck to all.  

• Like 1

Yes.  I have done this.  I usually wake up in a wet diaper that I can’t remember wetting 2 or 3 nights per week.  The other nights, I will have some recollection of waking up to use my diaper and falling back asleep.  Some nights it’s a mix of the two.  I can remember dribbling a little here and there but my diaper is completely wet so somewhere along the line, I lost track of things.

For me, it didn’t occur the way it seems to in some of the stories that get written.

It was kind of a slow drift that started to happen several months after going back into diapers 24/7.

Diapered 24/7 and making no effort at all at bladder control, I was usually a little bit wet by the time I got into bed.

As a mid-50s guy, I was already having a lot of problems with my bladder waking me during the night.  It was simply a comfort to be able to just use my nappy and drift off back to sleep.

Over time, the frequency of these “waking to wet” events increased as my bladder grew accustomed to not holding much.  As my mind grew accustomed to not bothering to manage my bladder, the amount of wakefulness required to pee during the night started to fade.

At some point, I think I started waking to wet but would fall back asleep still doing it, only to wake later and be confused about how come I needed to wet earlier, hadn’t done so, but now mysteriously did NOT need to wet.

Then, pee dreams appeared: vivid dreams about needing to pee/peeing.

Then I started noticing that my nappy in the morning was considerably wetter than I could recall making it.

Then, one morning, after a party where I drank a bit too much, went to bed dry (changed just before bed), slept like a drunk and woke up in a soaked diaper the next morning.

This didn’t happen again for weeks, and then it did.

Gradually, over time, this became a more common thing until I kind of “plateaued” at my current pattern of mystery-wetting under the covers.

I couldn’t even tell you for sure if I am truly sleep-wetting or simply not waking up enough to remember the next morning but the net effect is the same.  I wake up with a dry bladder and a wet diaper every morning for one reason or the other.

It was after a LONG period of habituation and teaching my brain that it was "ok" to pee in bed and nothing bad would come of it.  Eventually, my brain stopped bothering me about it.  It's not like the fantasies.  YMMV

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

tl;dr: I have achieved persistent nightly wetting. I am to the point I don't need to drink any amount of water before bed to make it happen. At this point I don't think it's reversible as the things that usually meant I would wake up to wet don't work anymore (caffeine in the evening, painkillers like ibuprofen, benedryl - a sort of oab med effect). 

I started with night training (~2 years) and then added daytime training which I'm sure is helping (~1.5 years). This was my nightly regime for a whole year: Drink 1 liter of water before bed every night. Get in a good position and pee a little before sleeping. Make sure you are set up well to sleep good, limit caffeine etc. Mind over matter: tell yourself every night that it's ok to let go, this is the new normal.

After 1.5 months I got my first wet night. It took until month 3 to get more wettings. At first it was a few nights a week and only maybe the first wetting of the night (waking for subsequent wettings). After about 8/9 months things started to change where I would wake up later and later for subsequent wettings. I still had to drink more water and get good sleep for it to happen but I sense this was probably the point of no return. Almost two years in and I basically pee every night regardless of caffeine intake or water intake. I stopped drinking lots of water every night, only do it if I feel like it. I pee less but sleep better than I did before I started this process. I usually only wake up in the early hours if I need to pee. Last night I made it through the whole night without waking to pee at all, I was just wet in the morning when I got up. This is happening more and more. 

My disclaimer on these results is this: I believe I've had some underlying level of OAB issues for most of my adult years. Also have bad IBS-D (justification for going 24/7). My desire to make the IC official was to jump out of horrible place I was in having to go to the bathroom 15+ times in a day including the start of twice nightly. I wanted to jump in with both feet fully and actually need/justify the diapers instead of playing the game of deciding when was appropriate or not. I don't think anyone should suffer that psychological torture (even though identifying as IC is it's own psychological transition). I think all I've done is help the inevitable process move along.

• Like 6
On 9/21/2020 at 4:54 AM, Rob110 said:

Just remember Nocturnal bedwetting is the hardest form of IC issues to reverse and can lead to day time issues Ie you close your eyes for a nap and chances are your will pee while you are sitting on the sofa or passenger seat of a car.

Ive been diapered 24/7 for 6 years for an OAB issue and I pee with out warning but I rarely pee while sleeping most nights I wake up slightly and the flood gates open. 

Im use to having to wear and use my diaper and yes I wish I could pee while I sleep as being woken to pee is a pain as most times I donot get back to sleep for an hour or so. 

I would never choose to pee at night if I did not all ready have an IC issue.

I'll just echo this as some who did train myself to sleep-wet... and the the thing to stress is that indeed, at least for me, it's not just "wetting at night", it's wetting any time I sleep... napping on the couch if I fall asleep while watching football, on a plane, or in the car.  I've tried to reverse it, especially while my child was getting out of diapers and becoming dry at night, but have been unsuccessful.  As I've said before, if I had to make the decision again knowing what I know 20 years later, I wouldn't go down that path.

That said, it took me somewhere in the range of a year or so before I was wetting consistently.  I used the typical tools of drinking water before bed, going to bed needing to pee a little, wetting my diaper before falling asleep, and setting alarms at random times between 1-4am that woke me up enough to pee in bed and then immediately going back to sleep.  I also tried hypnosis, although I think that was more a mental/commitment thing than having any real affect. 

It started after a few months with an occasional, "I don't remember wetting that much", to realizing I was sometimes already wet when the middle-of-the-night alarm went off, to, at some point, realizing that the alarm wasn't necessary.  

• Like 1

I echo what others have said you must be absolutely sure this is what you really really want. Once a bedwetter it is highly unlikely you will ever be able to completely be rid of it again. I started wetting at night 8 years ago and now am hardly ever dry at night. Fortunately for some strange reason that I an not answer I really love being a bedwetter. I always have.

• Like 4

I'm very fortunate to have developed bedwetting with relative ease compared to most. I started to wet without knowledge after 2-3 months.

Most of my efforts are described in my thread about aiming for 24/7. The short version is, I used hypnosis files (2 specific ones I can name if you like), and a heap of self reinforcement, telling myself while going to sleep that I'm a bedwetter, even writing all of the things I like about bedwetting. It is a mind-over-matter type thing.

The choice of nappy seems important too. You need to be able to trust your nappy. Any doubt may cause your mind to hesitate. So bed protection is a must too.

Now after almost 6 months, I still occasionally wake to wet, but they're increasingly rare. Most mornings are like this morning, I am soaked with no memory of it at all. 

• Like 8
7 hours ago, sparklezBear said:

Most of my efforts are described in my thread about aiming for 24/7. The short version is, I used hypnosis files (2 specific ones I can name if you like), and a heap of self reinforcement, telling myself while going to sleep that I'm a bedwetter, even writing all of the things I like about bedwetting. It is a mind-over-matter type thing.

I would also be interested in knowing which files you are using.

8 hours ago, dondl2 said:

what are the names of the files that worked for you?

6 hours ago, DAQ said:

I would also be interested in knowing which files you are using.

The first was the Baby Pants Bedwetting track, and the second was the from youtube, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IxWdNuxv94

I used both about equally, generally listening to them separately at different times when I could, not just before bed. I found the later particularly effective when I was more tired, and the former better in the morning. As mentioned, I would also start writing in a notepad how I wanted to be a bedwetter, and all the reasons why. I'm not sure how much this helped, but it certainly didn't hinder.

In terms of training the wetting, at bed time, I drank (and still do) about 600mL water. When I would invariably wake with a full bladder, I would practice not moving at all, simply releasing fully and going back to sleep. It took just over a month to get to the point that I could wet straight away without moving. Before that, I had to really focus before my bladder would release. From the point I was wetting without moving, I was finding I being slowly less and less aware when waking until I started not remembering. At that point I stopped using the hypnosis files and writing.

Since then I'm reliably wetting in my sleep at night except for the odd night now and then. Weighing my nappy in the morning, I seem to go from 1.3L to 1.8L depending on intake and diet. I couldn't tell you how many times or when I'm wetting though. I will also continue the ~600mL before bed for the foreseeable future, at least until I'm hopelessly wetting when I sleep.

• Like 8
  • 4 weeks later...

I found this really easy once I'd decided I wanted to do it and made a commitment to doing so.  I used hypnosis files and also saw a hypnotherapist which I think helped alot, but also practical steps like making sure you protect your bed, ensuring you have plenty of fluids and have practised wetting lying down, on your side, front and back.  It's important to be relaxed about it - if you try and force it, it probably won't happen.  You just have to relax and eventually it will if it's what you really want.

As others have said, it's important that it is what you really want, because you will find it more difficult to be in control of your continence afterwards and will find yourself wetting without even noticing it.  This could impact on personal relationships and your employment.

• Like 5
  • 4 months later...
On 9/21/2020 at 6:07 PM, oznl said:

Yes.  I have done this.  I usually wake up in a wet diaper that I can’t remember wetting 2 or 3 nights per week.  The other nights, I will have some recollection of waking up to use my diaper and falling back asleep.  Some nights it’s a mix of the two.  I can remember dribbling a little here and there but my diaper is completely wet so somewhere along the line, I lost track of things.

For me, it didn’t occur the way it seems to in some of the stories that get written.

It was kind of a slow drift that started to happen several months after going back into diapers 24/7.

Diapered 24/7 and making no effort at all at bladder control, I was usually a little bit wet by the time I got into bed.

As a mid-50s guy, I was already having a lot of problems with my bladder waking me during the night.  It was simply a comfort to be able to just use my nappy and drift off back to sleep.

Over time, the frequency of these “waking to wet” events increased as my bladder grew accustomed to not holding much.  As my mind grew accustomed to not bothering to manage my bladder, the amount of wakefulness required to pee during the night started to fade.

At some point, I think I started waking to wet but would fall back asleep still doing it, only to wake later and be confused about how come I needed to wet earlier, hadn’t done so, but now mysteriously did NOT need to wet.

Then, pee dreams appeared: vivid dreams about needing to pee/peeing.

Then I started noticing that my nappy in the morning was considerably wetter than I could recall making it.

Then, one morning, after a party where I drank a bit too much, went to bed dry (changed just before bed), slept like a drunk and woke up in a soaked diaper the next morning.

This didn’t happen again for weeks, and then it did.

Gradually, over time, this became a more common thing until I kind of “plateaued” at my current pattern of mystery-wetting under the covers.

I couldn’t even tell you for sure if I am truly sleep-wetting or simply not waking up enough to remember the next morning but the net effect is the same.  I wake up with a dry bladder and a wet diaper every morning for one reason or the other.

It was after a LONG period of habituation and teaching my brain that it was "ok" to pee in bed and nothing bad would come of it.  Eventually, my brain stopped bothering me about it.  It's not like the fantasies.  YMMV

This is pretty much my story as well. It took a long time to get to where I am now as a full-time bed wetter. It would probably take longer for me to stop wetting the bed now...if I wanted to.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

I was 11 when I began to have dry nights.  I wanted to still be considered a bedwetter and began wetting in bed deliberately;  within 9 months I was bedwetting every night.

10 years later, this became really inconvenient, but despite several attempts, I have hardly had a dry night since.

Wetting in bed deliberately is one thing, but I wouldn't advise anyone to try to become a bedwetter.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
On 6/2/2021 at 10:55 AM, Wet Knight said:

I was 11 when I began to have dry nights.  I wanted to still be considered a bedwetter and began wetting in bed deliberately;  within 9 months I was bedwetting every night.

10 years later, this became really inconvenient, but despite several attempts, I have hardly had a dry night since.

Wetting in bed deliberately is one thing, but I wouldn't advise anyone to try to become a bedwetter.

I wet the bed regularly during the night until puberty but when it started to lessen I started to go deliberately so I could keep the rubber sheet on my bed. I then became more of a habitual bedwetter as time passed especially after I moved away from home after high school and was drinking alot. But from my mid-20s to mid-40s though I dont think I had more than two or three accidents after I stopped drinking and especially when I started dating regularly. But now Im getting older and having health problems and Ive lost control over it. I cant say that it bothers me a lot but it is more work. Im post-sexual now for ten years so its not a big deal.

Achieved. Trained myself at 23, now 30. Pretty intermittent but my training went pretty deep. I no longer feel safe to drink a whole lot and pass out away from home! Even today - never safe, it's gone for good. 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

After 2 years diapered at night, wetting is easy for me lying down and waking up to a wet diaper is common, though I sometimes remember barely waking to pee it doesn't justify the soaked diaper I wake up with. So I know I'm going in my sleep. I don't even have pee dreams or any dreams for that matter because I sleep so soundly being diapered. 

I also trying to become a bed wetter. Have had some success wetting at night, waking up slightly feel the need and let go, and then drift back to sleep. Unfortunately it’s not consistent.

46 minutes ago, MLDK said:

I also trying to become a bed wetter. Have had some success wetting at night, waking up slightly feel the need and let go, and then drift back to sleep. Unfortunately it’s not consistent.

The longer you wear at night the better/more regular it will become! Going 24/7 will make it even easier! 

On 10/5/2020 at 5:17 PM, secretdesire said:

I started with night training (~2 years) and then added daytime training which I'm sure is helping (~1.5 years). This was my nightly regime for a whole year: Drink 1 liter of water before bed every night. Get in a good position and pee a little before sleeping. Make sure you are set up well to sleep good, limit caffeine etc. Mind over matter: tell yourself every night that it's ok to let go, this is the new normal.

After 1.5 months I got my first wet night. It took until month 3 to get more wettings. At first it was a few nights a week and only maybe the first wetting of the night (waking for subsequent wettings). After about 8/9 months things started to change where I would wake up later and later for subsequent wettings. I still had to drink more water and get good sleep for it to happen but I sense this was probably the point of no return. Almost two years in and I basically pee every night regardless of caffeine intake or water intake. I stopped drinking lots of water every night, only do it if I feel like it. I pee less but sleep better than I did before I started this process. I usually only wake up in the early hours if I need to pee. Last night I made it through the whole night without waking to pee at all, I was just wet in the morning when I got up. This is happening more and more. 

This, and @oznl's recounting of his experience, are guideposts for me right now, specifically the bit about peeing a little before sleeping. I have been 24/7 for about 2.5 years, but I also wore diapers to bed for a bit more than a year before that, so the total might be 4 years for me now, of going to bed diapered. I had been making good "progress" (if you can call it that...) for a while, having pee dreams and occasionally waking up wet, particularly if I was rocked to sleep by Lady Ethanol the night before. But then I started waking up dry pretty much all the time again, and, even worse, waking up with a strong need to pee - why, oh why, go to bed in a diaper, to then be awakened at 3 AM for an urgency that isn't an urgency? It was vexing, to say the least. @oznl suggested that I should start deliberately going to bed wet; my routine had evolved to include taking a shower donning a fresh nappy right before hitting the sheets, and although that trend didn't completely coincide with the overnight droughts, there was somewhat of a temporal relationship. We'd moved into a house with a gorgeous clawfoot tub in the kids' bathroom, but 6 nights out of 7, they preferred to use the shower stall in our bathroom, which had the effect of pushing my shower time back to just before I went to bed, most nights. 

Now that I'm deliberately wetting at least a little before I go to bed, I have been having diaper and/or pee dreams again, and I am occasionally waking up seemingly wetter than when I retired. It's not most of the time, but, sometimes is an improvement over "never", and I was at never. This whole discussion is somewhat ironic for me because, as a kid, I was a prolific and accomplished bedwetter until I was close to 11, yet now, here I am, trying, and, and so far, failing, to become one again. Life leads us to strange places. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

Now that I'm deliberately wetting at least a little before I go to bed, I have been having diaper and/or pee dreams again, and I am occasionally waking up seemingly wetter than when I retired. It's not most of the time, but, sometimes is an improvement over "never", and I was at never.

It's this I tell you (at least it was for me).  It was in result of a sustained practice of going to bed a bit wet anyway along with making a point of using my nappy at any point I stirred during the night.  If you're like me, one day you'll realise that you never seem to pee at night anymore and you're wet and empty-bladdered by morning and the penny will drop.

I've already described the gradual blurring that occurred over time but in terms of additional information I found in MY experience, over-thinking this was deeply counter-productive.  If I started planning, measuring and evaluating, it all stopped. 

That's where I am now.  I could only guess at how many nights I wet in my sleep per week because I've stopped paying attention.  It's definitely a few, it might even be all of them.  I don't know.  I *do* know that if I go to bed without a nappy, I am likely to wet the bed (so I don't do that).

BEING wet upon retiring, frequent wetting through the night, not thinking too much about it and sustained practice of same...  You need to trust your nappies.  If you don't, you're going to be "thinking too much about it".

Having said that, I had a major pee-dream last night.  In it I was in bed (which I was).  For some reason, I really needed to pee and was planning to wet the bed (in my dream I was in bed without a nappy, in real life I would NOT want to wet a bed).  It wasn't really working.  I felt a tiny spurt or two but not much.  The need to pee was massive.

I woke up. It was 3am.

I DID need to pee (and quite badly, what a strange feeling that is after so long)!  I could not pee because there was a "kink in the hose" so to speak.  I re-positioned myself down there and got instant, wet relief before falling back asleep.

My pee-dream was my brain dealing with my failure to pee whilst asleep due to mechanical issues.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I'm also a bed wetter. For me the first part was about getting super comfortable wearing to bed and peeing in any position - I'ld switched to wearing almost every night in 2010, and finally started last year (2020), so that went on for a very long time. Not every night, but vast majority. Don't think it needs to be so long, because I think what finally pushed me into it was wearing and drinking before bed - work got super stressful a few years back so I would put a nappy on when I got home from work, and being in protection didn't really limit fluids before bed at all.

After a couple years of that I started realising that I wasn't sure when I wet in the night, and having now tested it can confirm that wearing before bed, drinking lots or indeed wearing to bed is not needed - it's almost every night so would presume near-permanent at this point. No longer wake to pee, but occasionally wake because I need a change; rather disappointed with that last detail - sleeping through is one of the major positives! Didn't plan to be a bed wetter - just sort of happened, but feels right for me, and I'm mostly happy with it. Really just jumping in to say that the behaviour before sleep does seem to matter a lot, at least it did for me. Comes with the warning that I had issues as a kid and job is still insanely stressful, so who knows what will happen when I finally burn out and quit.

• Like 2