LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Do you have any toys from your childhood?

Lost pretty much all of my childhood stuff between an overbearing father trying to force me to grow up too fast, moving around a lot, and a hurricane. I recently got back the video game consoles I had as a kid, but I've mostly gotten newer stuff to fill the rest of the void.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still have some legos, and want to get more of them. I also have Knex from when I was younger, and these are still fun to play with. I still have my old Game boy and the Color one I had too, but I'm not really remembering much other than that.

Although I don't identify as an AK, I do have quite a few toys from when I was younger, most from around the time I was ten or older, and a few from around age 8 as well I would say. I also have several vintage video game systems, mostly from Nintendo, as well as the games that I purchased for them, many of which I still play when I have the chance.

Up until around 8 years ago, I did have a few toy cars that my mom couldnt throw away when she kicked me out of the house when I was 18, Gave them to a friend after I got more detailed diecast cars.

• 4 months later...

I still have my plush duck my Dad bought me when I was 1 month old. That would have been in April 1988.

He said he bought it at walmart and I was there with him and mom. Of course I don't remember that part though. Wish I could.

I used to carry it with me everywhere I went until I was 7.

I had the duck with me when we went to my Grandmas house March 4th 1994.

• 1 year later...

I lost a lot due to an antique chest of drawers getting a mould infection

I was pretty steamed. Nearly all my baby books and a bunch of plushies including this HUGE lovely purple dragon plush (From a now defunct local run shop)

My mother also had tons of her baby stuff in that chest too. Hers were all vaccum sealed and heavily protected meaning she didn't have to chuck em.

I really wanted to throttle her after that one :horse:(Well, not really... but it did rub salt into the wound)

Still, at least all my old games and consoles are OK so it's mostly cool :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

The only toy that I have left is a doll that my aunt and uncle gave me when i was about. 2 I don’t know why I have kept it all these years but I just cannot being myself to throw it away.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been trying to sell a lot of my old stuff from my mams house.

i brought my old NES to sell.... I sold the games, but can't quite bring myself to sell the console.

i just replaced the faulty wire it has. And bought a new game (spy vs. Spy) from eBay....

Yes and no.  When I started making good money I bought myself a few things on EBAY that I had when I was a kid.  These are very old toys from the early 1960's and I had trashed them when I was in my early teens, never realizing they would be worth something later in life or that one day I would regret ruining them.  One was a MARX Garloo robot.  I do have my Mattel Thingmaker Creepy Crawlers molds and all the molds for the other sets they produced, but I don't have the Thingmaker ovens anymore.  As much as I used them when I was a kid, they burned out.  I know I could get them and the plastic goop on line, and it would be fun to make stuff with them again, but for now the molds are all packed away somewhere up in the attic.

I've still got a Meccano constructor outfit.  It's not the same one I had as a kid - that got passed on to a younger boy when I was about 14, but I bought a bigger and better one when I was about 21.  I've been to busy to do anything with it recently but it's part of my retirement plan, that's for sure.  Just after I get my '50s jukebox back in action...

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My parents have quite a few toys from my childhood that are still in the basement of their house. They told me they are saving them for the future grandchildren they hope to have. I would ask for some of them back (the legos, marble works, and playmobil would be my top picks) , but would feel a little strange doing so. Anyone else in a similar predicament?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I went to boarding school at 12 in the south of England and my mother threw all my toys away, teddy bear, cars,train set and meccano, the lot. I was soooo upset and cross. I told her when I was about 50 and she bought me a Steif teddy, love him to bits!

• 3 weeks later...

I have almost everything saved! We wanted so save all my and my sibling’s children’s books. All good baby toys were saved. Classic toys too. Schleich figures and buildings of course, they never lose their value and they can be used as decorations. About 100 stuffed toys. Horse toys, plenty of them. About 15 barbies and their stuff. Dolls, maybe 7. 30 board games or so. Puzzles for all ages. Baby clothes for real and doll babies. Loots of Legos, Duplo and normal ones. Dress up clothes for kids, princess dresses and tiaras and a skeleton-witch costume and such. About 100 Lotta Littles(very tiny animal figures and things for them). So on. I don’t even remember all. My parents’ place has all kinds of stuff. I think mom dreams of grandchildren or something, and both she and I love the things too much to sell them. Good memories etc. 

The problem is that the stuff is at my parents’. And I can’t get them without looking crazy. My fascination with stuffies is accepted, so I have taken some of them to my flat. And some of the Schleich animals for decoration. But nothing else. Other things are packed away somewhere in a closet or storage.

I would love to get my Duplo Legos back. I have a full chest of them! I have hinted at mom that it would be so fun to build a train track and a zoo for old times’ sake but got no reaction. I also wish I could get my easier puzzles back, the ones that have less than 200 pieces. It would be so much fun!

But since getting my stuff back is impossible, I have to buy new things. I just don’t have many places to hide them, so at least Duplos are a big no. They’d take too much space.

Well, I can always dream:)

On 2/10/2016 at 5:57 AM, Diaperjake said:

Just my baby blankey

Same here, I've just got my baby blankey. However, I am brainstorming ways to fit my giant stuffed seal Diver in my suitcase, so I can take him back to school with me after spring break. My parents have kept a large number of some awesome toys from my childhood including legos, playmobile, and a fantastic wooden train set. There plan is to save them for when they have grandchildren, so as much as I would love to be able to play with them, it would be slightly awkward to ask them for these toys because it would probably prompt them to ask me lots of questions. Fortunately, I have free access to 3D printers, so I am working on making some new toys for myself.

My parents kept a lot of my stuff. I have my legos, a series they don’t make anymore, at my house, plus my favorite stuffed animal.

Theres a trunk at their house filled with mostly nerf guns, or at least I think they still have it.

Same as Author_Alex here. I don't have any of my childhood stuff with me, but back at my parents place they have all of my stuffies, some lego, and other random toys from my childhood that they keep around for when kids come by. Got them to save all my stuffies by saying I want to pass them to my own kids one day (which is actually true!) but I'd love to figure out a reason to take them myself for now, lol. 

I have none of the original toys I had from my childhood, but recently I have been collecting those that are closets to those I had in my childhood so that I can help put myself into my little space easier. Lego's being one of them.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/8/2015 at 10:25 PM, Smash-N-Dash said:

Legos. Legos, Legos, and more Legos. Literally, I have tons of them. You can't really outgrow them, though.

Same. My mom also has several of my toys that she's cleaned for my nieces and nephews.