LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Adult Baby Diapers
justagirl4fun

Do you have any toys from your childhood?

33 posts in this topic

I still have some toys from when I was a kid. My Cabbage Patch dolls, a baby doll (I don't know what kind, just a baby doll with plastic head, arms and legs and a soft body, and eyes that open and close), a Care Bear, a Popple (if you're a child of the 80's you'll know what that is), 2 My Little Ponys I managed to save when my mom gave the rest to my little cousin, and a bunch of Lego sets. I wish I still had my Punky Brewster and Rainbow Brite dolls but my mom got rid of them when I was around 10 or 11.

I'm certain that there's a box around my parent's attic (or my sister's closet) somewhere with old baby/toddler stuff in it. Nothing I have any particular attatchment to, though.

Except for maybe a certain stuffed turtle o.O.

i still have some of my toy's i have my micro machine's, legos, ninja turtles, hotwheels, and my cabbage patch kid doll.

When I was 18 we moved house and although my parents promised that they had brought my toys, they left most of them under the stairs.   The memories tug at the heart when I see what I used to play with, advertised on ebay.

Fortunately they did bring my Hornby trains!

I ended up buying on ebay one thing i had when i was 3: a clockwork tin turnaround train. it has a little retractable tab in the bottom which fits in a groove on track about 6 inches long and guides the engine around 180 degrees at each end. One windup of the spring and it can go back and forth about 10 times.

What is really left from that era is meagre but better than nothing: a scrap book made which includes an old car ad showing our 1966 Hillman Imp; about 6-7 original Thomas the Tank engine books, some scribbled in and pages missing; a snakes and ladders board with ludo on the back. Some Hornby train accessories dating from about three years later are still on my layout.

I still have my large Tonka trucks and a small plastic suitcase full of misc. Legos

My old Rainbow Brite dolls are still in storage tucked safely away till I get a larger place to properly enshrine them. Also got a plushie Alf and Opus the Penguin as well that has remained wonderfully intact and sits atop my clothes closet. 

Steiff teddy bear from 1959-60. It's worth about $600 now. Then there are the toys I wish I'd saved! (How much would my collection of Matchbox cars be worth today?)

I still have my Lionel train set, a stuffed rabbit that got a lot of loving, and quilted pad my mother made for me to lie on during kindergarten nap time.  It's amazing that stuff survived for over 60 years.

When I watch Pawn Stars, Rick's Restorations, or American Pickers on TV I cringe when I see toys similar to what I had and the prices they are going for now.  Most of the stuff was either sold during an estate sale when my father decided to sell the house and move in with me or was just dumped in the trash.

I have an original care bear, mode boats and some puppets

The Toys that I still have are

1 Mickey Mouse Soft Toy,

2 Thomas the tank engine Di-cast Model from Ertl

3 A few Toy cars which includes one hot wheels car

I still have a rag doll that I was given for my fifth birthday. She's rather fragile so she's tucked away somewhere safe. Other than that I still have all of my Lego.

Still have three of my teddy bears from when I was born they are 48yrs + old a old matchbox crane from age of about 9 and my TT guage train set from the former East Germany.

Legos. Legos, Legos, and more Legos. Literally, I have tons of them. You can't really outgrow them, though.

A stuffed monkey plush that I got when I was born.  There is actually an old picture of me as a baby laying down with it before I even left the hospital. 

bunches and bunches of legos!! yay!! most are still intact too lol

also a big pile of stuffed animals, various electric and brio trains, lincoln logs, tractors and trucks, and a mess of other things. most are tucked away in plastic totes and boxes throughout the house and garage. but a few are still out and about in rotation :)

Sadly, no, when I turned 13 my dad declared "You're to old for toys", when I came home from school one day I found all of them gone, including comics. He did miss my pricing guides though, when I showed him how much they had been worth I had a very lucrative Christmas that year, a color tv and a NES, which he played almost as much as me, his favorite, Duck Hunt. One day I might try to hunt down some of those toys, Transformers mostly, my more valuable ones are less likely to find such as the ok GI Joes, Duke, Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow etc.(had all of them, w/weapons & accessories), all those lost memories.

I have all my stuffed animals and Legos from when I was a kid. I didn't keep my nes or snes but I still have my Nintendo 64. Every now and then I buy nerf guns. 

easy, all of my video games and hot wheels

Oh wow I have all my books, a tote full of hot wheels(even the ones that would flip and show damage), suitcase full of legos, and I found my Linus blanket a few months ago.

No.  But I have replaced some of the toy cars I used to have when I was little... 

At my parents' house I have my teddy bear, my legos, and a trunk full of nerf guns (child of the 90s). I used to have this awesome set of wooden blocks that I'd totally play with if my mom hadn't given them away :(

Nothing.

Starting over has advantages...

STITCH_1.JPG

Just my baby blankey

1 person likes this

i do have a few stuffies from my childhood still. But besides them, nothing.