LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How do you get a tight fit?

Eddie what is the best way i know is i stand pull the diaper up as tight as i can between my legs. Stand against wall of your room. Then i get the left bottom tape pull it over tight as i can in front stick at a slight upward angle. Same with the rigt tape. pull the top left and right tapes over tight as i can at a slight downward angle. Dont over pull sides to far as risk of tear. Dont know if any one has a better way of dipering up.

• Like 2

How tight you talking? Almost all diapers have an upper limit on how tight they can get because the tapes or fasteners all have a weak point. I find that the diapers with a landing zone are the best for getting the best tight fit. DO all 4 tapes and then play it by ear which one needs to be refastened for the best tight fit. I would call that functionally tight.

After that I use a onesie or a romper (almost all of mine are from Tykables because of snap front vs snap crotch). This gives an added layer of snugness to diapers.

Another article of clothing I regularly use is compression shorts from Under armor (A little too tight) or another brand which is much stretchier and is actually better at the job of keeping everything snug while allowing enough expansion for usage.

Any tighter than that is just play. I like to double or triple stuff my diapers sometimes. At that point I am literally duct taping my diaper on to me as tight as I can.

• Like 1

Compression shorts.  I just (mis)use women's "shapewear" pants.  They work perfectly in this capacity.  They are cheap (K-mart) and available in neutral black.  They look like underwear over my waterproof pants.

Some nappies need them more than others.  Abena need all the help they can get.  Trying to tighten tapes on an L4 is a suicide mission.

• Like 2

In terms of putting a disposable on tightly, I agree with @Rachel1 on the easiest and best method and I agree with @oznlon the use of compression pants over plastic for a tight overall solution.

However real tightness isn't always the way forward! Yes you need them to not fall down of course but making them too tight on the legs can cause friction rashes and too tight on the waist can cause the tapes to fail and feel very constricted until things bed in and the nappy softens a bit with wearing. I also find that if I wear a tight onesie, that can cause press out leaks on the legs (I've even had a huge capacity ABDL nappy fail at 4 hours in this way). 

I like to feel secure but like there is a little 'space' down there when it's a freshly put on nappy, this gives it physical room to expand as it fills. The advantage of @oznl compression pants is that the tightness is evenly distributed - I find with onesies that it isn't, hence the leaks.

But I suppose like everything it depends on products and individual preferences as to what works best and feels most comfy so it's really just through trial and error. I had loads of leaks and badly fitting nappies in the first month or so of 24/7 wearing whilst I was finding things out. But it's a fun learning curve!

• Like 3

Going to add something else about most compression shorts that I felt warranted a separate post. Mid summer when it regularly gets over 115 here in Phoenix I love compression/heat gear is that not only does it help keep everything in place but also helps keeps me cool. So a compression shirt tucked into compression shorts is equivalent to a onesie or romper in terms of discretion. Nothing will peak AND everything is kept tight against the body.

• Like 2

It's hard for me because of my big belly.  No matter what, my diaper droops in the back because it's so low in the front under my belly.  No0t a problem when wearing jeans to help keep it up but just a diaper and onesie the back will drop down.  Once I put on my diaper standing I will usually adjust one or two of the tapes.  That helps, but still it's my body shape that is the biggest issue

• Like 2

Once I am on the diaper, I try to keep my legs together so that my thighs aren't spread out.   I have almost no hips, so that helps.   I then suck in my stomach while applying the tabs.

Something that took me far too long to learn, was to put the bottom tabs first.  It's counterintuitive, but the bottom tabs are the ones that keep the tightness.  Once the diaper is in place, I generally leave it alone.  I also don't try to pull super tight, because I don't want to tear the tabs.  It sucks when that happens, because diapers ain't cheap.

Since I don't typically poop in a diaper, I have to lower it to poo.  Once that happens, it's never perfect.   However, perfection is a myth.   if it's good enough not to leak, it's good enough.   Rubber pants and clothing helps keep things together.

• Like 2

Eddie ive made mistakes  getting a diaper on right but the key issue  is the bottom tapes landed at a slight upward angle then top tapes at a downward angle. But before tapes pull diaper up snug between your legs,close legs agaist wall of your room apply  landing tapes accordingly. then i run my thumbs between my legs check leg leak guards ok. then i pull up back and front check same with the sides. the diaper will or may slacken a bit but not too much. Plastic pants will help to keep diaper up and a onesie.

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, DiaperboyEddie12 said:

Thank you @Rachel1 @DAQ @oznl @Little Belle @rusty pins @spark for all your comments.

I am not sure if I am putting it on right or if I am just to fat and the diaper does not want to stay up and tight.

Unless it's a REALLY good diaper (looking at YOU Rearz Hybrid Incontrol Elite aka 'Barry'), without a good compression pant, I'm going to be wearing it around my ankles after it's gotten wet and heavy...

• Like 2
1 minute ago, oznl said:

Unless it's a REALLY good diaper (looking at YOU Rearz Hybrid Incontrol Elite aka 'Barry'), without a good compression pant, I'm going to be wearing it around my ankles after it's gotten wet and heavy...

@oznl I got Megamax that I wear.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, DiaperboyEddie12 said:

@oznl I got Megamax that I wear.

No experience with those sorry.  They are so expensive in Australia that I can't justify using them.

• Like 2

80% of the time, I put my diaper on standing up, by trapping it behind me against the wall or a cabinet, then pulling it up between my legs, then fastening the lower tabs, and then the uppers. This works pretty well, but the absolute snuggest fit I get is when I do it lying down. I do it in the same fashion - lower tabs, then uppers. However, I only do that if I have the room to myself, as I haven't broken through being self-conscious about putting my diaper on in front of my wife. I'll wear one in front of her unabashedly, but, the act of putting it on and taking it off usually occurs behind closed doors. 

• Like 4

I think I know why I’m not getting a nice tight fit.   As I got ready to lay in bed I fixed my diaper.  And noticed that both my taps on bot sides were touching. Both top and bottom.  Next time put one on I will pay attention to how far apart they are.  And see if that helps 

@~Brian~ @DAQ @oznl @Little Sherri @Young1 @Rachel1 @Little Belle @rusty pins @spark 

• Like 2
On 1/22/2023 at 9:24 PM, Little Sherri said:

80% of the time, I put my diaper on standing up, by trapping it behind me against the wall or a cabinet, then pulling it up between my legs, then fastening the lower tabs, and then the uppers. This works pretty well, but the absolute snuggest fit I get is when I do it lying down. I do it in the same fashion - lower tabs, then uppers. However, I only do that if I have the room to myself, as I haven't broken through being self-conscious about putting my diaper on in front of my wife. I'll wear one in front of her unabashedly, but, the act of putting it on and taking it off usually occurs behind closed doors. 

No wall for me, standing with legs slightly apart I pull diaper snuggly into crotch moving legs together to hold in place. Then fasten bottom left tape making sure diaper is tight around leg, similarly for bottom right.  Lastly, after folding front cover sheet back under padding (personal preference) pull diaper firmly up into crotch and fasten top tapes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4qt62yW4fg

Like you, @DiaperboyEddie12, I am on the bigger side and I've struggled with this FOR YEARS!

Until I found a fantastic solution that no one ever talks about. I'm going to divulge my little secret now that's been working for me going on 8 years or so.

Solution? Snug fitting plastic pants.

But wait, there's more!

Try this.

After you're done diapering yourself, stand up and pull up your diaper as snug as you'd like. Make sure your diaper is evenly fitted front to back (if possible, not strictly necessary). Now don on a pair of PUL plastic pants. Make sure they'll fit and be comfortable. The secret is then to pull your plastic pants up nice and snug, being sure to adjust the leg areas first (I like to shift my leg openings from front to back a little so the plastic pants are comfortable while sitting). With your diaper nice and snug (and wrinkle free) and your plastic pants ALL the way up and snug, start folding down the top waistband of your plastic pants evenly across your belly and your back. At some point you'll fold your plastic pants down past the top of your disposable. When this happens, continue folding your waistband down and fold the disposable and the plastic pants together. On a Megamax, you might get 3 or 4 good tight folds.

Keep folding until you get the right fit. Adjust to taste. I like to fold the back side of my diaper down one more than the front for even more snug fit.

As @oznl mentioned, trying to have a tight fitting Abena L4 is a suicide mission... unless you use my method above. Using the method above I need no other supporting garment. I don't use tight compression pants or onesies. Just good old plastic pants and my diapers stay snug and tight fitting until I need to change, with few exceptions.

The downside to this method is that potential leaks from the top front of your diaper are increased. Try not to fold your disposable over so much that you expose the inner pad, but stop just before it.

Don't reply yet. Do it now. I think you'll be pleased. Let me know how it works for you :)

• Like 2
16 hours ago, DiaperboyEddie12 said:

I think I know why I’m not getting a nice tight fit.   As I got ready to lay in bed I fixed my diaper.  And noticed that both my taps on bot sides were touching. Both top and bottom.  Next time put one on I will pay attention to how far apart they are.  And see if that helps 

@~Brian~ @DAQ @oznl @Little Sherri @Young1 @Rachel1 @Little Belle @rusty pins @spark 

That could be the solution!

• Like 1
11 hours ago, jonbearab said:

Like you, @DiaperboyEddie12, I am on the bigger side and I've struggled with this FOR YEARS!

Until I found a fantastic solution that no one ever talks about. I'm going to divulge my little secret now that's been working for me going on 8 years or so.

Solution? Snug fitting plastic pants.

But wait, there's more!

Try this.

After you're done diapering yourself, stand up and pull up your diaper as snug as you'd like. Make sure your diaper is evenly fitted front to back (if possible, not strictly necessary). Now don on a pair of PUL plastic pants. Make sure they'll fit and be comfortable. The secret is then to pull your plastic pants up nice and snug, being sure to adjust the leg areas first (I like to shift my leg openings from front to back a little so the plastic pants are comfortable while sitting). With your diaper nice and snug (and wrinkle free) and your plastic pants ALL the way up and snug, start folding down the top waistband of your plastic pants evenly across your belly and your back. At some point you'll fold your plastic pants down past the top of your disposable. When this happens, continue folding your waistband down and fold the disposable and the plastic pants together. On a Megamax, you might get 3 or 4 good tight folds.

Keep folding until you get the right fit. Adjust to taste. I like to fold the back side of my diaper down one more than the front for even more snug fit.

As @oznl mentioned, trying to have a tight fitting Abena L4 is a suicide mission... unless you use my method above. Using the method above I need no other supporting garment. I don't use tight compression pants or onesies. Just good old plastic pants and my diapers stay snug and tight fitting until I need to change, with few exceptions.

The downside to this method is that potential leaks from the top front of your diaper are increased. Try not to fold your disposable over so much that you expose the inner pad, but stop just before it.

Don't reply yet. Do it now. I think you'll be pleased. Let me know how it works for you :)

This is exactly what works for me too and its been a gamechanger! And I love that this method means you don't need to wear overpants which makes things more streamlined AND you can do easy nappy checks through the plastic if you buy transparent ones ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1