LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

For Those Who Wear Diapers To Bed

rusty pins

Whether you are incontinent or not but mostly for those who are not, if you wear diapers to bed, do you wake up at night needing to pee and just let go in your diaper or do you pee in your sleep without realizing it and just wake up wet in the morning?  Incontinent people probably wet in their sleep, non incontinent people who are bedwetters probably do as well, but what about those who wear diapers at night for security, stress relief, convenience or other reasons.  Is it so you won't have to get out of bed when you have to pee at night, and has it caused anyone to get to the point they eventually just wet their diaper without waking up or realizing it anymore?

• Like 5
  1. I get up to wet. This is so I do not become IC. It goes back to when I was a "little girl" at age 6-3/4 to 9-3/4 and slept over at the girls' house. Because of the way the house was modernized, the bathroom was not easily accessed from the bedrooms. Therefore If you could not hold it all night, you wore diapers to bed. Linda Was a bedwetter so that was a given for her. I was under 10 and could not hold it all night, so it was diapers for me as well. From the first, I was told to get out of bed to stand up and wet the diaper so that I would not become a bedwetter. For the last 15 years, I have not been able to hold it all night and am up 2 to 4 times to wet. If I get up to go to the bathroom, I will be up all night. If I wear a diaper and get up to wet then go back to bed, I can do so before I come to full wakefulness and can go back to sleep
  • Like 1

I wear at night. I will relax and sleep better when I wear a diaper to bed and have done so for at least 50 years, yet I still wake up to wet my diaper and go back to sleep.

I would like to and have tried to sleep wet but it just has not happened for me only on a rare occasion, but it does feel so wonderful to find a wet diaper in the morning and not know when it happened and, Yes I do enjoy wearing to bed and having a good nights sleep.  My diapers are cloth with latex rubber pants or plastic pants, or high end plastic back disposables or middle line with booster, and washable bed pads, as even my best diapers may find a way to leak. 

Then there is the problem as I have worn diapers to bed for so long I am uncomfortable when not sleeping at home, I will try to wear a light weight diaper or pullup (easier to hide) and hope I do not wet. 

I will often wear my wet night diaper until noon or after before I change to the awful big boy undies. well sometimes pullup or diaper. 

• Like 1

i wake up and just wet while laying in bed i have had nights where i sleep through the night and still wake up wet and have had nights where i sleep through the night and as soon as i stand up the flood gates open

I usually wake up in the middle of the night with a wet diaper, then go back to sleep.

Then towards the early morning hours I'll wake up every so often, and empty my bladder into my diaper, and fall back asleep again.

A lot of times though, i'll wake up and have no urge to pee at all....(because I already went while I was sleeping....

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TinyBunny said:

I wish that I could just wet naturally whilst asleep but the full bladder sensation always wakes me up and I have to change my position in order to let it out.

I've been wearing diapers to bed for a bit more than 4 years now, and I've been 24/7 for about 3.5 years. For a long time, I woke up every time I needed to pee, which was admittedly irritating. Early on, I had to push in order to complete the process, but as I got more and more used to releasing freely into my diaper during the day, it came to a point where I'd be summoned from the depths of sleep, I'd "permission" the emission - sort of throw the gates open - and then I'd drift back to sleep with no memory of it stopping, usually. It became so automated that after a while, I started waking up while already leaking, and then, occasionally, I wouldn't wake up at all, I'd just get up in the morning (or wake up at some point later in the evening) and realize my diaper was wet. 

That's pretty much where I am now. Sometimes I sleep through the night and wake up dry. Sometimes I get woken up by a need to pee, and I just open the gates and go back to sleep. And sometimes, it happens by itself, which is my preferred mode. It's unpredictable, though - I've sleep wet with no memory of it three nights in one week, and then gone the next 7 nights without it happening. Drinking alcohol definitely helps. Going to bed in a diaper that's already a bit wet also seems to correlate with a greater likelihood of an automated wetting occurring - maybe here are fewer subconscious inhibitions to wetting something that has already been wet?

• Like 1

I can say that I've definitely worn diapers at night for convenience.  In the winter when the house is cool and I'm all snug and cozy in bed it's really awesome not to have to get out of bed to go to the bathroom.  One really awesome experience is when you're camping.  Not having to get out of a sleeping bag, get out of a tent just to go pee is pretty cool.

I haven't noticed a lack of control when doing it though.  I used to wet the bed all the time but since that ended I've been dry.....unless I'm intoxicated then I absolutely NEED to be in diapers at night.

• Like 3

I just find it comfortable. I don't typically wake up in the night needing to go. On the off chances I do, I just go and go back to sleep. 

I don't wear them very often these days, so that could be the reason

• Like 2

In winter I wear to bed out of connivance because if not I would need to get up at least once or twice in a night..The first two weeks or so I will wake up to wet my diaper but towards the end of winter most nights I don"t remember wetting it is on auto mode.From spring onwards it takes a few weeks to not needing to get up to the toilet at night.

From a slightly different angle, hoping to relive childhood bedwetting seven plus years ago I undertook a program to accomplish such logging the results.  Happy to report after years of drinking a glass of water before bed and doing all nighttime urination in a diaper I now do it in my sleep virtually every night.  Progress was gradual and uneven.  There were good weeks and discouraging weeks, good months and not so good months.  But standing back and looking at annual percent sleep wet there is a steady upward trend.

Now days falling asleep I’m confident my diaper will be heavy & wet when I wake.  If per chance it isn’t no big deal.  Odds are I'll wet in my sleep the following night, and the following, and ...  The question remains, if so motivated could I reestablish nighttime control.  I tell myself yes.

I wake up to use my diaper, but I've noticed that lately I have an easier time with going. I mean that I don't always fully wake up to use it, I am half asleep and I think I am letting go. I don't think I've ever wet while still asleep though. My bladder will hold quite a lot while sleeping from experiencing bursting bladder in the morning. But sometimes I can't hold even a tiny amount. Not sure what that means. My diaper is always wet a little before I fall asleep so I wouldn't really be able to tell if I actually did wet while sleeping, so I am going to assume that I don't, given I remember at least all the times I woke up to go. 

So sometimes i wake up in the night and have to pee but ill get up next the bed, pee and then get back in bed and go right back to sleep. 

I wonder if ill ever get to a point where ill just pee in my sleep. But its ok it doesnt "need" to happen. 

• Like 1

Been wearing to bed nearly every night for 25+ years.  I have apnea, so I wake up repeatedly throughout the night whether it's because I have to pee or not.  But due to that, not getting into deep sleep eventually meant I was having to pee multiple times throughout the night.  So I was glad that I was already "prepared" - I'd just roll onto my back and let go, then drift back to sleep.  No having to get out of bed for the toilet - even just standing up to go and then getting back in bed would have meant 30-45 minutes lost sleep.   Since having started treatment for the apnea, I find that I don't need to pee as much, so now it's usually between 4-5AM, not every few hours.

Also, even after all those years wearing to bed, I still have 100% full control, and no "accidents" on those nights when I don't wear.

Sadly I wake up when I need to pee, ruining my sleep that night.
Thankfully it doesn't happen that often, but its now 4 am, and I need to pee, so this thread fits perfect. 

In the morning, if the diaper is useable for a few more hours, and I have no plans, I use the toilet.
In any other case I pee in the diaper, then change to a fresh. 

Bedwetting would increase my happiness.
No interest in being incontinent during the day, but I probably wouldn't care as I wear 24/7 anyway.
In both cases I would get free diapers, cloth like, but useable with a onesie. 

• Like 1

If I wake up in the night i'm usually wet by then anyway so can just go back to sleep. Being a heavy wetter I wear multi layered cloth, usually terry cotton, with boosters and two pairs of plastic pants over it for nighttime. By the time i get up in the morning i'm fully soaked and have no idea how many times i've wetted. Bed protection is a must.

Since nearly 8 month I live with a combined dribble- and urge incontinence. First Pants were absolutely OK for me, but in the nights a different problem occurred. From bad childhood experiences I’m panicking for a wet bed. So in my Tena Pants I was sleeping quite bad and the slightest urge of pee caused me to wake up and make it to the toilet. This happened 5-6 times a night and I roughly never came to a deep sleep. So after a week I decided to give „real“ diapers a try (meanwhile Tena slip Maxi). First night I started sleeping better (knowing that a diaper does not leak so easy), but the getting up with the urge, still half sleeping going to the toilet, fiddling with the tapes while I already couldn’t hold any more was not the game changer. So - if the diaper anyway gets wet - why to get out of the bed at all? In the next nights I trained myself that if the urge came simply to roll on my back and let it flow. Meanwhile I don’t really wake fully up any more and after wetting within a few seconds I’m back to sleep.

So, now I’m comfortable with my situation and fully accept it - and I'm happy that I have a good, deep and refreshing sleep.

20 hours ago, rusty pins said:

Whether you are incontinent or not but mostly for those who are not, if you wear diapers to bed, do you wake up at night needing to pee and just let go in your diaper or do you pee in your sleep without realizing it and just wake up wet in the morning?  Incontinent people probably wet in their sleep, non incontinent people who are bedwetters probably do as well, but what about those who wear diapers at night for security, stress relief, convenience or other reasons.  Is it so you won't have to get out of bed when you have to pee at night, and has it caused anyone to get to the point they eventually just wet their diaper without waking up or realizing it anymore?

The way my body worked was that if I got out of bed and walked around, my brain decided it was "wake up" time, even if it was 3am.  Before I went 24/7, I was already having a miserable time being woken by my bladder at 4am and trying to ignore it until a more reasonable hour.

Obviously when I went 24/7, I didn't care about that any more.  I don't think that was the REASON I went 24/7 but it was certainly a benefit. 

I'm not sure whether it was the permanent nappies, advancing age, or some combination of the two but the number of nocturnal pee episodes required increased fairly rapidly until some of them started to "go missing".

Now I'm an intermittent bedwetter.  I have, to borrow your words, "get to the point they eventually just wet their diaper without waking up or realizing it anymore".  Yep, that's me right now.

As @WBxx and @Little Sherri have pointed out, it's an uneven and slow process but the trend line is clear.

It's hard for me to tell you how often I wet the bed now because by morning I'll be wet anyway and I've started to lose insight into when I "go".  It just isn't memorable anymore but I know that sometimes I go when I'm asleep. 

I assume if I remain on my current trajectory, I will slowly progress to become an "every night" bedwetter and I'm strangely ok with that.  It's weirdly "comforting"....

I've been wearing full-time for nearly 3 years.  As far as I'm aware I've never wet in my sleep.  I always seem to wake up first, at least partly, then even though I've rarely got any physical sensation that I need to wet. It just happens, but for some reason I can't fathom, I always wake up first.  It doesn't really bother me though - I go straight back to sleep.

• Like 2

I was a bedwetter as a kid until my mid-teens. Then in my 30's, I started bedwetting again, rarely... Like a couple times a year. It has progressed over the years, to a couple times a month, and now in my 60's, everynight.

For the last few years now, I wake up wet every morning. Most times, I just wake up wet. But quite often, I'll wake up during the night with the urge to pee, and every time, if I reach down and check my diaper, I find it is already wet.  We know that we have different levels of sleep... Light sleep, REM sleep, deep sleep, etc. I'm assuming that I'm in a certain stage of sleep the first time I wet at night, and when I'm later woken up by the urge to pee, I must be in a lighter stage of sleep, where the "Urge to Pee" signal can wake me up. In any case, if I do wake up with the urge, I just pee in my diapers and drift back to sleep.  Frankly, after being back in diapers for several years due to bedwetting, I'd rather just sleep through EVERYNIGHT, and always wet in my sleep.

Yea due to my bladder condition being neurogenic, I don't wake up at all. My usual urine output about 1500  ml overnight, so in the morning my diaper is completely soaked and sometimes I'll have overflow onto my bed pad.

• Like 1

Some mornings I wake up wet, others I don't. Overnight, I either have the pee dream and wake up wet OR I partially wake and then go back to sleep. It is surprising to me that the nights I can easily recall the pee dream, I wake up dry, but as soon as I stand, almost by gravity, I wet.

From medical checks, overnight, I do not produce the chemical to reduce the bladder content, so I should be wetting, but I have found that if I am too warm, I don't tend to wet in my sleep. - it only happens as I am waking in the morning. I think that it is overall due to water balance - yet my water intake is high for my body weight.

What I have found, and it logically does not make sence to me, if the bed is freshly made - clean sheets etc, I will wet overnight. However, if the bedclothes are more than one day old (we tend to change them every 2-3 days), overnight I am dry but tend to wet as I wake.

• Like 1

I used to wake up then wet my diaper. After a while, a long while, I would wake up and notice that my diaper was already wet. After a longer while I would wake up and my diaper was really wet. Now, I sleep through the night, mostly, and wake up with a really wet diaper every morning. This is what I wanted and this is what I got. I doubt I will ever not be a bed wetter even if I tried. 

• Like 5