LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What do you wear... when you're not wearing?

DailyDi

What do you wear when you're not in diapers?

I'm almost always in some level of protection (pull-ups, training pants or diaper) but I have one pair of big kid pants from BigTot on etsy for when I need to adult "intimately" for a few minutes, like a Dr. visit.

Haven't bought "tighty whities" or boxers in ages.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

What do you wear when you're not in diapers?

I'm almost always in some level of protection (pull-ups, training pants or diaper) but I have one pair of big kid pants from BigTot on etsy for when I need to adult "intimately" for a few minutes, like a Dr. visit.

Haven't bought "tighty whities" or boxers in ages.

Yeah, and I'm not so SURE that you should wear big boy undies anyway Mikey, even for like 12 minutes, you might leak.☹️????? And that would be really bad!????????☹️????

• Like 1

@DailyDi

ever since 2019, I've had problems with incontinence, accidents, IBS, diverticulitis, and just plain craziness when it comes to things like this. I used to wear tighty whities, then I graduated to boxers, and then after a while, started having accidents in 2019. I figured it was a better idea to wear a diaper 24/7, because then you wouldn't have to worry about what you would have to do with laundry as much, because you wouldn't be washing underwear that much.I still have some in my drawer, and if I absolutely needed to, I could go without my diapers, but since my doctor knows of my incontinence, and so do my support staff , there's no real reason to go without my diapers, and since my doctor help me get them and prescribe them, wearing them 24/7 is a lot easier than trying to hide them.

most of the people I deal with now know of my incontinence, and my use of diapers. Since it is my business who knows and who does not, there are certain people that do not know of my use of diapers, because I don't feel like it's necessary to explain my entire situation to everyone. People here on DD probably know of it because I posted all the time, but there are certain people in my family who I don't want to know about it, because it's none of their business, and I deal with it myself so I'm the one that asked where you use and change these things. Everyone I've talked to supports my decision, it makes sense to me, it helps me take care of stress, and stress can be ridiculously harsh at times, and having a diaper on allows me to release anything I wish calling either number one, #2, or #3. With a diaper on it doesn't matter what happens, because you just use the diaper change it and you're back to normal again.

Since I'm a DL and not really an AB, (I think I have characteristics of an AB, but I'm not really an AB. There are times when I may feel like 1, or may want to experience what it is like, but I do have those characteristics.)  adulting for me is easy. There are times however, that I may not want to be an adult, but I must do it on a daily basis because of the job that I have. 99% of the time, I am an adult, in adult mode, and this is fine for me. I don't mind enjoying my diapers or enjoying playing with my friends online, but most of the time I am an adult, and I make sure I have my crinkly diapers on underneath with my protection. I think it's a better idea for me to be in diapers 24/7 anyway, because of the feelings that I deal with, because diapers feel just so comfortable, and if something happens, the diaper is there to help me. My brother wore diapers from the time he was born in 1969, until he died in April of 79: a total of 10 years: he was disabled like I was, but he was profoundly disabled, due to a car crash, and my dad and my mom were also injured, but my dad was injured the worst. Today my dad at 75, has a tracheotomy, and he has to take care of it every day doing certain things, and it is easier for him to do those things, and sometimes he still has trouble breathing, but he seems to manage OK. He recently moved into a new apartment complex with his wife, and she gets 24/7 care at this facility, which is basically half nursing home, half independent living, half assisted living. Most things that they need are provided, although the rent is kind of high. She pays her rent with her medical insurance, and my dad pays about $1000 a month, so my dad pays about $12,000, she pays about$5500 a month, so they pay about $6500 a month in rent. I'm glad that they're there, because I want to make sure my dad and my stepmom can live the life they want to, without too much worry.

Diapers allow me to not worry about so many things. All my life, people tell me that I have to worry about this, I have to worry about that, and I have to worry about this, and I have to worry about that. There are certain things you have to worry about, and you do it every day. You worry about making sure you get up, make sure you eat, make sure you take care of yourself, make sure you're on time, do your best in school or at work, then you come home and relax. All my life, I was spending more time in school, physical therapy, rehab facilities, hospitals, doctors offices, you name it. Each one of these things helped me to become a better person, but there are times when it was really really bad, bad enough to be able to throw me into a particular situation where I was having nightmares because of certain things that happened.  When I was at the rehab facility, people were doing things to me that I didn't want them to do, people were seeing things that were terrible, and there was just a bunch of stuff that shouldn't have been going on. In the 1970s, however, they would be able to get away with this stuff, because they were in control of all of us at the center. They use things against me, figured out what I was afraid of, and then threw that back in my face. They decided to yell at you, call you names, tell you that you had to do this, and you had to do that, and then when that didn't work they would say that you needed to do this or you needed to do that. To that I said: I don't have to do anything that I don't want to, and you can't make me do anything that I don't want to do. I told them on certain occasions that the way they ask you to do something needs to change, and they need to be a better person as far as the way they ask. For example: I would never tell you Mikey, that I'm gonna do this to you and I'm gonna do that to you, because that's wrong, and I would never threaten you, or make it hard for you to be able to do what you do best: make sure this place runs the way it does. Regardless of what happens, I support you 110%, I would never do something like that.

however in a rehab facility, you are at the mercy of whoever the heck is in charge of you. In the 70s, they could do say or make you do anything they wanted to, and there wasn't much oversight, because basically a parent would give standing permission to do what they needed to do to help you. I'm just glad they didn't start handing out spankings with the paddle, but that wouldn't be something that would be frowned upon in the 70s. In the late 80s to early 90s however, most things that they said and did and could do were changed. No longer could someone just tell you what to do all the time, and force you to do things you didn't want to do. They had to give people choices, and make the choices ones that made sense. They had to listen to the person that is under care, and they just couldn't do anything they wanted, because oversight was changed and it was a lot different. Gone were the days where you just got sent to a rehab center locked up and taken care of like a baby, or made almost an invalid because you were locked in a chair and diapers all day long period while there was good things about diapers when I was over there, it was really hard because people were doing things they shouldn't have been doing, and I have stories that are worse than what I posted, which I would never reveal. However, stuff like this does happen and it gets really hard.

Luckily however, I was able to get out of that place, and I made sure that after the 14 weeks that I was there that I never had to go back again. I instructed all of my physicians, orthopedists, and all of my support physicians that I was never going to return to that place again. I told them that they tried to trick me into going there, and then when I get there it's not even close to what they say it is. Sure they ended up luring me in there because of a nice pool, but when you end up dealing with all of the hassle and all of the bad things, it's a wonder I wasn't in diapers from the time I was 10 until the time I was 50. Sometimes nightmares are ridiculously stupid, but they wake me up in the middle of the night because of some of the stuff that I've dealt with period luckily I was able to lock most of that away in my head so it doesn't bother me as much, but there are some nights when it gets really hard, some days when it's hard to be able to function, and there's some days when I wish I had a friend standing right here next to me. There are many on DD that I would consider a friend that would be the one that I would pick to stand next to me, but as we go on, we have to move forward, and make the best of what we have.

Part of the way I do that is to be able to say that I am part of a team, that helps people in many ways. Part of my upbringing says that you do your best help yourself, and then you help others and make them feel better, look better, and help them become a better individual in society . By running the thrift store, this is one way of being able to help those in need , or be able to know and have the pulse on what's going on in the world, then being able to respond as necessary . I love my job Mikey, but sometimes it can be hard on me, as they've changed everything that I used to do when my job, claiming that it would make it easier for me, but there are certain things that have been taken away from me, and that means some of the control I used to have is gone. This also means that I'm unable to determine what is going on financially , because I don't pay the bills anymore, so I don't get any of this documentation that I used to maintain . I'll have to talk to my pastor about that , which is something that I want to do, and I told him on Saturday that I wanted to talk to him in private in his office. There are many things that are on my mind, and maybe some of that there's a reason why I can't sleep nights. Diapers help me in so many ways because I don't have to worry about what happens downstairs, but upstairs in my head it makes a lot of trouble when I can't even think sometimes, or I forget what I'm doing, because it is so hot. Luckily I'm a tough old bird, because I've done almost everything that I could possibly do, even though there are certain people in my life that think that I need to work harder , and there are certain things I want to do and I want to work harder, but there are certain times that I feel like I just want to have somebody love me, give me a hug, and tell me it's OK, like I always do when somebody posts something like this, or you always do when you hear someone is having a bad day.

so it's diapers for me, and I still have my boxers, but I don't use them that often period now I just have to figure out what the best swim diaper is, because I want to be able to swim in a pool, but I don't know if anyone has any information about any pools that are still open. There may be some, but I still think COVID-19 has put a stop to most of this.   My case manager said she would investigate and let me know what the situation was about using pools now. I hope I can get back to a time when I could actually feel my legs be stronger, but it's hard when you can't even get into a pool, and I've gone to therapy three to four times already in the last 8 months, and it works, but I want to be able to strengthen my legs in a way that will allow me to do it without hurting myself.

Sorry about the length of this thing: a lot of stuff going on in my head, but I'm getting through most of the things that are bothering me. Once I was able to get some things done thanks to my case manager, things became easier, but I still want to be able to swim and exercise and this is the last piece of the puzzle. Hopefully she will be able to help me figure this one out, and I will be able to have the equipment I need to be able to use the pool without worrying.

Brian

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Apache Raccoon said:

I don't wear anything underneath my trousers when I'm not in diapers.

My mum and sister sometimes have a go at me for not wearing underpants, but I really don't see the point

Besides, Diapers are way BETTER buddy!??♥️???????♥️? It's either DIAPERS or GO COMMANDO, No in-between!????♥️????

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

Nothing, but only for short periods to let my bottom breathe for a bit. I threw out all my big people underwear years ago.

Good job little buddy!???♥️???

• Like 1

I'm wearing my plastic panties often enough - essentially 24/7 all summer - that neither my tighty whites nor my few women's panties have gotten much use. In my last wash load, the whites had just one pair of panties.

• Like 2

I have an aide who makes there living ensuring I am adequately diapered at all times in public .Only other thing I wear is a inserted catheter and night drain bag , well being changed or bathed. So the average person will never find me outside of a diaper . She automatically changes my diaper when she gets me out or puts me into wheelchair/ bed.

• 2 weeks later...

Believe it's Haines light grey or black that I bought back last year as mine were getting too tight in the waist.  I tried wearing guards, but those are too bulky and eventually bunch up and chaff.  At night I wear boxers.  I can't deal with any seams that feel like they are poking me in the sides.

Not to hijack the thread, but do you know about the Men's Underwear Indicator?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men's_underwear_index#:~:text=The men's underwear index (MUI,times and sales remain stable.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/26/economy/recession-underwear-alan-greenspan/index.html

• 1 month later...