LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

24/7 Monthly Diaper Budget

I just made an order from Northshore and Rearz.  The price increases with all the inflation got me thinking about what folks who wear 24/7 spend on their diapers a month. 

For me, if I wore diapers 24/7, I'd likely go through 4 diapers a day wearing something like a Northshore Supreme or a Better Dry.  That would turn into $8 a day or close to $250 a month.  If I could get by with only 3 diapers a day,  then that would down to about $180 a month. 

That's a pretty big expense, and I'm glad that I'm not 24/7.

So, just out of curiosity,  and you don't mind me asking,  if you wear 24/7 and your diapers aren't covered by insurance, what do you spend for your diapers. How many times a day do you change 

• Like 1

Not 24/7, but still manage to average about three a day. Mostly ABU diapers. I don’t really deal with the cost on a monthly basis. I make large multi case orders and try to take advantage of holiday discounts when they are offered.  I have over a years worth stocked up in my house. I know not everyone  has the storage space or the finances to do it that way, but larger order sizes and good timing are the best ways to save a few bucks. 

• Like 1

Made a bunch of CLOTH diapers years ago and still using them. Diaper flannel with a terry cloth soaker sewn in and separate Zorb3 boosters. Aso a bunch of PUL waterproof diaper covers. But yes, I have tried Rearz disposables, and they are great. I use them occasionally if I'm going to be out for any length of time. I stil prefer cloth.

• Like 1

Similar to @Dartplayerinwvc, I try to stock up when there are sales, and particularly from Rearz, where I get probably 60% of my diapers. So their Black Friday and Warehouse Sale events are big for me. I use 2 - 3 diapers per day, on average. If I can get away with wearing big diapers throughout the whole day, it might only be 2. If I'm doing a lot of running around or have socializing on the schedule, it might be 3. If I'm going to the gym, it's 3, although one of them will always be a cheap medical diaper. Let's say my average is 2.5, and my average cost is $2.60 CAD per diaper, that's about $200 a month. I believe my actual expenditure is a bit higher than that, by not by much. Sometimes I splurge on $6 ABU diapers and such. 

I have some cloth diapers, but I'm lazy about the time it takes to wash them properly, and also still illogically bashful about wearing them around my wife, even though I'm in disposables around her all the time. But if cost ever became more of an issue, I suppose I could go the @BabyJune route and put more cloth into the mix. One thing I have not figured out how to do is wear cloth diapers anywhere but at home, however. I should perhaps talk to @Stroller - he's a cloth diaper pro. 

• Like 1

Cloth works out a lot cheaper.  And it's better for the planet too.  They're bulkier than disposables when they're dry, but they stay pretty much the same size when they're wet.  Some are more discreet than others.  Folded squares are great at night once you know how to use them - they don't leak.  On the other hand they're pretty hopeless during the day as they tend to fall down.  Pocket nappies with washable inserts work well during the day, as do nappies with velcro fastenings. Side popper pocket nappies are good because they're less bulky than the velcro ones - the velcro flaps add a lot to the bulk.  It's bulk at the front you don't want when you're out and about in the vanilla world.  Baggy trousers or shorts, or best of all dungarees - they hide just about any bulk.

I've been full-time in cloth for a couple of years now.  I just wear disposables on holiday or long walks, so I don't get through enough of them for the cost to matter.

So, if you've got a washing machine and a dryer you can use discreetly, try them out. When you've worked out what works for you, get enough to fill a washing machine every couple of days.

End of sales talk...

• Like 2

I am 24/7 and typically go through 5 diapers per day (1 Tena Plus, 2 Tena Maxi, 1 Tena Ultima and 1 BetterDry). 

I buy by the case and it ends up costing about £2.80 ($3.50) a day.  Insurance covers the cost, except for the shipping, so about £5 a month.

• Like 1

I'd do the cloth thing 100% for night if it wasn't for a nappy-hostile spouse.  I think at work during the day, I'd have to stick with disposables.  There's no odour control in cloth and the bulk is noticeable.

I use cloth for around 3 nights per week and maybe one day (when my beloved is working and I'm not).

The disposable regime is expensive and getting more so.

I've found that it's cheapest to use 2 diapers per day of a very high quality.  Because I'm "wet only" (usually), I can get away with that.

On current costs, that's risen from AUD5 (USD3) per day to AUD7 (USD4) and I'm not sure the rises are done with yet.  Currently (buffered by cloth use), it's costing me about USD100 per month but if I wore strictly disposables, it would be closer to USD140 per month.

It's NOT cheap unfortunately.

• Like 2

Wow.  I'm somewhat amazed that folks can get by with just two diapers a day.  I must drink too much fluids.   

I  do enjoy craft beer.  I  can soak a MegaMax in a few hours when drinking beer.

But, even when I'm not drinking beer, I really don't think that I'd make it 12 hours between changes, doing everything in my diaper. 

I'm also a bit surprised reading how readily and quickly some can saturate their diapers.   I feel that I drink A LOT... yet a Betterdry DAY will still last me upwards of 8 hours!  Same with an Abriform L4 or Bambino Bianco (all roughly in the 3500ml capacity crowd).   So when I use the mega thirsty products (5000ml and up), I'm going 12+ hours and yet still not getting complete saturation! 

I mostly wear at night, so 1 per day, though there are a few days when I will wear continuously.   So my monthly tally wouldn't be all that bad.  And I'm so far overstocked that I won't have to worry about it for a while.  Going on using 1 per night, I've got over 2.5 years worth on hand right now! 

• Like 2

Unfortunately Rearz just announced that they are undertaking price increases, and the Lil' Monsters, one of my daily drivers, have gone up $35 CAD per case to about $141, strangely only in my size. I suspect this has to do with their new version being phased in and my size (L) being the most popular. I suppose I could load up on the XL version, but one reason I like the Lil' Monsters is that they work well as a daytime diaper under clothing. The XL version goes halfway up my back. 

What I did not notice initially was that they increased the case size to 48 on these - I had been thinking that they were now $4.40 a diaper, which would probably have meant that I'd be switching over to being in Megamax's almost every day. 

They should emphasize that more on their site, because 48 of them per case makes them about $2.94 per unit, and that includes free shipping. So, the Monsters will stay in my rotation, although at regular pricing, with tax they are still $3.31 per unit, and I have a psychological barrier in my head to paying more than about $3.00 per diaper for something I wear all the time. But then again I'm paying $2.30 a litre for gasoline, so maybe $3.31 for a diaper I get 10 hours out of isn't crazy. I get about 10 minutes out of a litre of gas. Or less. 

• Like 1

Buy my diapers straight from a factory store no middleman ,diapers cost me on average $ 1,75 US per diaper and these last about 8 hours till filled to capacity. If I order from overseas then the price increases considerably up to $5 US per diaper..

• Like 1

I use 1x Tena Slip Active Fit Ultima with 1x Attends deoplus booster per day.
I take out the booster before bed.
Put on a fresh diaper every morning. 

ABDL diapers are usually only worn during weekends and road trips. 
ABDL for daily use is a waste of diaper/money, as they never reach capacity. 

I drink more than enough.

• Like 1
On 7/8/2022 at 7:59 AM, oliver d said:

Buy my diapers straight from a factory store no middleman ,diapers cost me on average $ 1,75 US per diaper and these last about 8 hours till filled to capacity. If I order from overseas then the price increases considerably up to $5 US per diaper..

What factory store?

Here is a easy answer for you:

After the age of 2.5. The diaper usage between a adult and a child is pretty consistent at 4 per day.

Your adverage abdl brand will cost you around $300-350 for a one month supply(120)

Medical brands offer some savings by about $50 or so

2 of the 4 diapers for 24 hours will eventually become messy(late morning, after dinner) one will be for when you sleep and one durring the day is wet.

If you eat alot of food or sick then expect to use up to 3 more per day

• Like 3

I go through 5 Tena Ultima per day and 1 Betterdry. In a month I go spend about $375.00 CAD. ($290.00 US).

3 hours ago, oliver d said:

Factory shop in Israel that belongs to Kimberly-Clark

I don't know if we have anything like that here in the States