LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

My first diaper

DailyDi

Yup, had some of those too. They worked... "Ok* the later white versions over nights were what I used. The down side was noise, they were N*O*I*S*E*Y!!!! Enough to wake the dead!!!! Crinkle with every move.....ugh!!??

52 minutes ago, square_duck said:

Yup, had some of those too. They worked... "Ok* the later white versions over nights were what I used. The down side was noise, they were N*O*I*S*E*Y!!!! Enough to wake the dead!!!! Crinkle with every move.....ugh!!??

Oh yeah, they were crazy crinkly!

• Like 1

My first was the original attends. We had a pharmacy that sold individual attends (from the buik case) and I got a couple before buying a full bag. 

I believe Depends were my first "adult diapers" too, the plastic ones with the three tabs. Prior to that I used to squeeze myself into overstressed Goodnites. I quickly discovered that a booster or stuffer was deeply necessary. Putting a Pampers Cruiser size 7 inside a Depends roughly triples its capacity. All of that was before I discovered "real" ABDL diapers, after which I very rarely bought diapers in stores anymore. 

1 hour ago, FretaBWet said:

That's what I loved most about them was that glorious crinkle when I played in them. Waiting for the stoning to begin because I said I loved them.

Hugs,

Freta

Yes nothing like a good crinkle in your diaper.

I so remember hearing that when I was around toddlers back in the old pamper days 

So the crinkle reminded me I was diapered just like a baby 

My first adult diaper was attends, it felt so good to tape myself into and I felt so much like a baby 

2 hours ago, FretaBWet said:

That's what I loved most about them was that glorious crinkle when I played in them. Waiting for the stoning to begin because I said I loved them.

Hugs,

Freta

You said crinkle, not absorbency. So I think you're safe. ?

Depends plastic backed 3 tapes were my first diaper. And I quickly found out just how 'dependable' they were. ?

• Like 1

For some reason, I love a crinkly diaper: it may be because of the fact that when I was a kid, they had the white papers from the 70s, and God they were crinkly. If you put a kid in a diaper like that, you knew you had a diaper on. If it wasn’t because of the bulge in your pants, it was because of the unmistakable crinkle the diaper. I have yet to see a diaper that comes close to that crinkly noise, unless you’re talking about possibly a mega max, and man they are nice diapers – but I look for a diaper sometimes that has Crinkling in it because I want To experience this again. Sounds like a silly thing, but that’s some thing that I would like to see happen again. Does that affect I have ordered 8 diapers That are thick and are supposed to be crinkly, so we shall see what happens.

as other people have stated, I guess they decided Wayback when to remove some of the features of diapers like this, because they wanted to make them less “babyish“ and in that zeal, they have removed the crinklyness and Of course Absorbency – I don’t know how some of these companies can say that their products are halfway decent, when you have people like me who try something like this, and they feel like they have a bounty paper towel on their butt.   It seems like they removed all of the good qualities of a diaper only to be left with an outer shell that can absorb anything, and maybe that’s just the way I feel about it, but anybody who sells a “diaper” Nowadays, has no idea what they were like in the old days, and because they lack the absorbency, their function is limited by design: I say again who wants to wear a diaper that you change every 15 minutes to 2 hours?  I wouldn’t!

I guess as ABs and DLs we can dream of the days where diapers were actually diapers, and they actually filled their function to the fullest extent. I guess they say that technology is supposed to improve the product, but with diapers and incontinence products, unless you were know exactly what company that you can get them from, they refused to improve the product, but instead they have taken huge steps backwards, limiting the capacity the absorbency and the availability of halfway decent incontinence products:  thank God for my mega maxes, because without them I would be dead meat!

Brian

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Nia said:

My first was the original attends. We had a pharmacy that sold individual attends (from the buik case) and I got a couple before buying a full bag. 

Pretty much the same here but for maybe a few packs of some generic 2 tape "diaper" in a few odd drug stores.  Adult disposable diapers really didn't become redily available until I was in my late teens, then it was the green belted Depends and the original Attends that came in a cardboard box and had that horrible plastic micro pore inner lining.  Terrible diapers by todays standards but back then we thought we had struck it rich just by being able to get a disposable diaper of any kind in an adult size that would fit us!

15 hours ago, square_duck said:

Actually, my first diaper was cloth, and plastic pants.not sure of anything else because that was *mumbles mumbles*  years ago ??

Are you 100% sure your very first diaper was cloth?  When you were born?  Obviously you were there, but do you really remember the very first diaper you were put in after the doctor slapped your ass and the nurses cleaned you up?

I tried those too.  Attends were my first diaper,  but I experimented and tried quite a few. Depends were probably my second diaper.   As others have already said, very crinkly and not very absorbent. 

Ah..... Duhpenz.

They weren't my first... but of course, I had to try them.   If you fit a medium, you were fine... if you needed the large, the fit was horrible.  Way back, my first job was working at a chain pharmacy.  One day a customer came to the checkout with several bags (that had clearly been opened).  The woman was buying them for her husband (she said so) and had opened the large and compared them to the mediums.  She found out the only difference was in the width of the wings.   So, for the larger people, they sat real low on the hips.  I think I had already known this but acted dumb for the customer.  And give her credit for buying the opened package as today you'd see people just stuff it back on the shelf.

Another thing I hated about them was the fact the padding stopped so damn short up the back.  Made it feel really weird.

Also... didn't the early version use actual latex rubber bands for the leg and waist bands?  

• Like 1
On 1/20/2022 at 6:15 PM, Crinklz Kat said:

Ah..... Duhpenz.

They weren't my first... but of course, I had to try them.   If you fit a medium, you were fine... if you needed the large, the fit was horrible.  Way back, my first job was working at a chain pharmacy.  One day a customer came to the checkout with several bags (that had clearly been opened).  The woman was buying them for her husband (she said so) and had opened the large and compared them to the mediums.  She found out the only difference was in the width of the wings.   So, for the larger people, they sat real low on the hips.  I think I had already known this but acted dumb for the customer.  And give her credit for buying the opened package as today you'd see people just stuff it back on the shelf.

Another thing I hated about them was the fact the padding stopped so damn short up the back.  Made it feel really weird.

Also... didn't the early version use actual latex rubber bands for the leg and waist bands?  

They had elastic straps with buttons on each end.  The "briefs" themselves had button holes on each side at the top, front and back.  The idea was you would button each elastic strap to the brief on each side to hold it up, then once you disposed of the brief you would reuse the elastic button straps on the next brief, and the next, etc.  Since the brief was just a long rectangle without sides, my guess might be the difference between medium and large would be the length of the elastic button straps.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, rusty pins said:

They had elastic straps with buttons on each end.  The "briefs" themselves had button holes on each side top and bottom, front and back.  The idea was you would button each elastic strap to the brief on each side to hold it up, then once you disposed of the brief you would reuse the elastic button straps on the next brief, and the next, etc.  Since the brief was just a long rectangle without sides, my guess might be the difference between medium and large would be the length of the elastic button straps.

You're thinking of the belted undergarments, not the briefs, they had six tape tabs.

• Like 2
On 1/17/2022 at 9:53 AM, ~Brian~ said:

For some reason, I love a crinkly diaper: it may be because of the fact that when I was a kid, they had the white papers from the 70s, and God they were crinkly. If you put a kid in a diaper like that, you knew you had a diaper on. If it wasn’t because of the bulge in your pants, it was because of the unmistakable crinkle the diaper. I have yet to see a diaper that comes close to that crinkly noise, unless you’re talking about possibly a mega max, and man they are nice diapers – but I look for a diaper sometimes that has Crinkling in it because I want To experience this again. Sounds like a silly thing, but that’s some thing that I would like to see happen again. Does that affect I have ordered 8 diapers That are thick and are supposed to be crinkly, so we shall see what happens.

as other people have stated, I guess they decided Wayback when to remove some of the features of diapers like this, because they wanted to make them less “babyish“ and in that zeal, they have removed the crinklyness and Of course Absorbency – I don’t know how some of these companies can say that their products are halfway decent, when you have people like me who try something like this, and they feel like they have a bounty paper towel on their butt.   It seems like they removed all of the good qualities of a diaper only to be left with an outer shell that can absorb anything, and maybe that’s just the way I feel about it, but anybody who sells a “diaper” Nowadays, has no idea what they were like in the old days, and because they lack the absorbency, their function is limited by design: I say again who wants to wear a diaper that you change every 15 minutes to 2 hours?  I wouldn’t!

I guess as ABs and DLs we can dream of the days where diapers were actually diapers, and they actually filled their function to the fullest extent. I guess they say that technology is supposed to improve the product, but with diapers and incontinence products, unless you were know exactly what company that you can get them from, they refused to improve the product, but instead they have taken huge steps backwards, limiting the capacity the absorbency and the availability of halfway decent incontinence products:  thank God for my mega maxes, because without them I would be dead meat!

Brian

Brian, if you REALLY want something noisy and crinkley, something that tells everyone within a block around you tat you wear diapers.....get some PEVA plastic pants!!! They aren't expensive, but they are LOUD!!!!! No hiding it!!!!?

• Like 1
On 1/21/2022 at 10:35 AM, DailyDi said:

You're thinking of the belted undergarments, not the briefs, they had six tape tabs.

I am but when Depends first came out, that was what I remembered, not full diapers.  I think they first had the undergarments with the elastic belts, and the tape on diapers came later.  I might not be right, so if any old folks around my age remember when Depends first came out, and I mean when they hit the stores for the very first time, let me know if I'm right or not.

On 1/21/2022 at 6:55 AM, rusty pins said:

They had elastic straps with buttons on each end.  The "briefs" themselves had button holes on each side at the top, front and back.  The idea was you would button each elastic strap to the brief on each side to hold it up, then once you disposed of the brief you would reuse the elastic button straps on the next brief, and the next, etc.  Since the brief was just a long rectangle without sides, my guess might be the difference between me dium and large would be the length of the elastic button straps.

Don't know as I only used the mediums and they really sucked. One set of straps per bag. Didn't fit well and just a giant leaker. Didn't absorb all that welll either. Dumped those as soon as underwear was available with a stuffer because they didn't work so good either. Depends briefs sucked as well. When Walgreen's came out with their own brand, it was they were a dream diaper. They were good for a few years.

Mine first right out of the womb was the Huggies Supreme then cloth. Parent tells me that I would get nasty rashes from the elastics on those plastic backed. Boy has times changed where thats not a problem anymore.

First time wearing after admitting to having a fonding for the absorbent underwear. I bought these rite aid Tugaboos overnight pants that just barely fit and sometimes just pop off because they were already close to being too small. Good times.

Now we have diapers that match what we wore as children. Fun times return indeed.