LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bedwetting to help sleep

DiaperDean

Has anyone intentionally started to train themselves to bed wet to help improve their overall sleep patten? Ever since being young I have woke up with a dry mouth, sometimes coughing, even though I drink plenty before bed, this could happen a few times during the night. However, if I drink to much I wake up needing to pee, which is great because I don't have a dry mouth/throat, but if I go to the toilet then I am awake for ages. On top of this, my body decides to wake up at daft o'clock a well most of the time. My sleep pattern is always broken up by all this, and recently I am feeling more tired and round up. My eyes are so dark I could rival uncle Fester! ?

• Like 1

Its definitely one of the major reasons for me. Been waking up for a wee in the middle of the night for years, it will be great when it doesn't happen anymore :)

Not a fast transition though, I generally still wake up but now with the luxury that I don't have to move, just gotta let it go.

• Like 2

Unfortunately I am still at the point of, comfortable wearing, can wet whilst laying down with increasing occurrence, but when I wake up I still have to ever sit up/knee up or force myself to wet. The latter usually means I can fall back to sleep that little bit quicker.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, DiaperDean said:

Has anyone intentionally started to train themselves to bed wet to help improve their overall sleep patten? Ever since being young I have woke up with a dry mouth, sometimes coughing, even though I drink plenty before bed, this could happen a few times during the night. However, if I drink to much I wake up needing to pee, which is great because I don't have a dry mouth/throat, but if I go to the toilet then I am awake for ages. On top of this, my body decides to wake up at daft o'clock a well most of the time. My sleep pattern is always broken up by all this, and recently I am feeling more tired and round up. My eyes are so dark I could rival uncle Fester! ?

Mmmm...  Ever thought about getting tested for sleep apnea?  You seem to be ticking a few of those boxes.

2 hours ago, oznl said:

Mmmm...  Ever thought about getting tested for sleep apnea?  You seem to be ticking a few of those boxes.

I had this same thought. Most CPAP machines also integrate a reservoir for distilled water that moisturizes the incoming air, which might help with your dry mouth and nose issues. Although, that said, once you're strapped into a CPAP, getting up is a bit of a pain, so the judicious use of diapers is always recommended... 

4 hours ago, oznl said:

This exactly!   Poor sleep was a reason I was glad I was already comfortable wearing diapers overnight.  The few minutes having to get up and go to the bathroom to take care of business usually resulted in 30-45 minutes of lost sleep (it took that long to get back to sleep).

Since going on CPAP, not only has my sleep improved, but I've seen a decrease in the need to pee at night (because I am getting deeper sleep). Which is a bit of a bummer cuz I like to use my diapers to their maximum! However, it does mean I can get away with mid-range products (aka cheaper) with ease.  But when I do need to go, I'm prepared, so don't have to undo the mask. 

As far as being comfortable peeing in bed....  I started with using disposable underpads as protection, but found them severely lacking.  I ended up buying some decent re-usable pads that are sufficiently large enough that I don't have to worry about a leak (the disposables would usually slip out from under me).   When I got my new mattress last year, I bought a waterproof cover, so don't need the pads (though I should still use them to save having to change the sheets when I do leak). 

Here's one variety I bought and they work reasonably well for the cost:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Platinum-Care-Pads-Reusable-Washable-Incontinence-Underpads-Heavy-Absorbency-Blue-34-x-36-2-Pack/196141578

Mouth breathing is one of the "things" that can go along with sleep apnea and can be responsible for your dry mouth.  It's your body fighting for oxygen.  You really should consider getting this looked into because it's one of the sneaky disorders that has all sorts of nasty knock-on effects.

To answer your question more directly though, I did not train myself as a bedwetter for sleep but after a protracted 24/7 period (probably around one year), I began to develop bedwetting.  I noticed that whilst this did not solve all of my hellish sleeping problems, it DID make things better and for similar reasons.  Once I'd stood up, my body decided it was "wake up" time and that was that.  The ability to remain laying in bed for my pee helped a lot.  Gradually over time, the degree of wakefulness needed to do this reduced and then started to disappear.

Last night was a VERY good night for sleep for me (unusual).  I went to be around 11pm (a little damp) and next think I know, it's 6am, my diaper is soaked, my bladder is empty and I've no recollection of how that happened.

• Like 4

I have a CPAP and still get up anywhere from 3 to 6 times a night to pee.  I have a pillow mask like a headband that just fits into my nostrils, not a full face mask.  Super easy to push the button to turn it off, remove the mask, get up, take a pee and go back to bed.  I guess I have it down pat since I get up so many times every night.

45 minutes ago, rusty pins said:

I have a CPAP and still get up anywhere from 3 to 6 times a night to pee.  I have a pillow mask like a headband that just fits into my nostrils, not a full face mask.  Super easy to push the button to turn it off, remove the mask, get up, take a pee and go back to bed.  I guess I have it down pat since I get up so many times every night.

Sounds like you need to become a bed wetter... Time to put on a diaper andd to learn to use it at night -- that will help your sleep a lot -- especially if you can shorten your awake time. Not getting up will really help. Leaks are an issue, but using some kind of pad will alleviate those concerns. Hope it gets better.

20 hours ago, ppdude said:

Sounds like you need to become a bed wetter... Time to put on a diaper andd to learn to use it at night -- that will help your sleep a lot -- especially if you can shorten your awake time. Not getting up will really help. Leaks are an issue, but using some kind of pad will alleviate those concerns. Hope it gets better.

People have suggested that to me over the years but one thing I do not want to become is a bedwetter.  Who knows that many years down the road it might happen, but I never want to have to sleep in diapers because I can't keep my bed dry.  Diapers are a hobby for me but not a lifestyle.

• 3 weeks later...

This is definitely why I feel comfort in wearing a diaper during bedtime and during my naps on the weekend. Even though I have only been doing this now for approximately 6 months and have not mastered anything at all. I basically only sleep through the night 1 time per week or if I am really lucky twice per week and wake up wet. The rest of the times I still wake up in the middle of the night to wet my diaper and then go back to bed. With my weekend naps they are always after lunch and after I drink water or juice. By the time I get a story I have already wet and just go down for my nap wet. Then once I wake from the nap I am changed by my mommy/wife. I hope I can get to the point going down for my naps dry and sleep and then wake up wet after a complete uninterrupted nap. I will just keep working on it. 

I am fully potty trained during the day and do not go poopy in my diaper. 

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

For the past 2 months I have taken to laying out a few disposable bed pads over my waterproof mattress cover and forgoing getting up to use the toilet at night. Instead I'm stirring awake just long enough to wet my diaper. Before I would have to stumble to the bathroom about 2 times a night. I have to say my sleep seems to have improved quite a bit so I'm moving this out of the experimental stage and this will be how I sleep from here out.

What's surprised me about this is how quickly I gained the ability to "let go" in the lying down position. Before I always needed to at least stand up. I think my stay at the hospital may have changed that since it was a challenge to make it to the bathroom while hooked up on IV drips. Consequently I ended up with a wet diaper each morning.

Side note: I'm also a long-time CPAP user. MUCH easier not having to get out of the bed!

• 4 weeks later...

I sometimes wake up when I need to go to the bathroom, but mostly I just have a lot of small pee episodes through the night that fill my diaper.  It is much nicer to wake with a full diaper than to get up 3-5 times every night to go to the bathroom even when I don't have anything to drink for the last 1-2 hours before I go to sleep.  If I tried to sleep without diapers now, my bed would end up completely soaked.

I bedwet as a child and never slept slept well. Nappies were taken away at the normal 3 years old as my mother thought that waking up wet would make me stop … that did not work!!! At ten I asked her if I could have nappies back again as I really wanted to get a good night’s sleep, that did not work either! But it was the beginning of the ABDL side of my personality. I have wet naturally on and off my whole life (including boarding school) but once I left home I could wear nappies at will.  At last I could sleep the whole night through. I am now incontinent (urinary only) and have had the dreaded prostate operation. The surgeon told me I would never be dry, but as I find great comfort from the nappies as well as the practical side I am not concerned. It can be a logistical drag but good planning is all that is needed.

• Like 1

I can’t say i intended to do this but I did, as a child I didn’t wet the bed much past 5. Around 12 I vary rarely would wet the bed like once or twice a month and that lasted until I was around 16. When I turned 18 I started wearing diapers a lot and started allows wearing to bed and 10 years later I’ve trained myself without really trying back into wetting the bed. I sometimes wake up just enough to pee but most of the time I just wake up with a wet diaper on. I definitely think it’s better then needing to get out of bed and go pee. I also freaking love footy pajamas and they aren’t ideal for trying to go to a bathroom at night.

I’m in process of training myself to become a bedwetter. I love being in diapers, and I hate leaving bed in the middle of the night to pee.

I'm drinking a fair bit of water before bedtime, and diaper up in cloth diapers and plastic pants. It’s still a hit&miss depending on my water intake prior to bedtime, but it’s such a relief being able to let go, while staying in bed, and quickly drifting back to sleep again.

I hope I can migrate to true sleepwetting eventually 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, MLDK said:

I’m in process of training myself to become a bedwetter. I love being in diapers, and I hate leaving bed in the middle of the night to pee.

I'm drinking a fair bit of water before bedtime, and diaper up in cloth diapers and plastic pants. It’s still a hit&miss depending on my water intake prior to bedtime, but it’s such a relief being able to let go, while staying in bed, and quickly drifting back to sleep again.

I hope I can migrate to true sleepwetting eventually 

Yes, it's a wonderful way to wake up, in warm wet cloth diapers and plastic pants, with NO memory of waking up to wet during the night!

• Like 2

I assume so, but I’m still so far from experiencing this. Only when I drink heavily before bedtime do I wet during the night, in a wake state, and still it’s a hit & miss.

went to bed in a dry diaper New Year’s Eve, I had been drinking a fair amount of alcohol, and soda, and was expecting a wet night. Much to my surprise, in the early morning when I put a hand down in my plastic pants, my diaper was dry as a bone. And I had no urge to pee. Only when I got up, then a few minutes later I went in my diaper.

I was even wearing a highly absorbent diaper the whole evening, because I knew drinks and whine would be on the table. Well when I was changing into my nighttime cloth diaper the disposable I had been wearing was completely dry as well. Through out the whole afternoon, I didn’t pee at all, nor did I have to. 

MLDK, Not peeing after drinking a large amount of liquid is possibly as symptom of a medical problem. If you don’t start peeing normally within 24 hours, see a doctor!

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

My wife briefly tried this because she was having trouble sleeping and part of the issue was needing to get up a lot, but sadly it didn't work out for her. Too bad because I'd have liked it a lot if she did. Even after that experiment failed, though, she's been willing to wear/wet for me every few days or at least a few times a month.

I have been wearing a nappy and plastic pants to bed for about 5 years, only in the last few months  have i noticed that i have wet my nappy with out waking up. It doesn't happen every night and only when i have had a lot to drink (not alcohol) or when i'm very tired. But wearing a nappy for bed has meant that i have had much better sleep even when i have woken up needing a wee, just letting go and then falling back asleep has been great for me.