LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

There may be more shortages ahead....

vvp39

24 minutes ago, Dubious said:

Everything made for USA is made in China*

AFAIK, Tena is made in Europe.
Not sure if we have any ABDL brands here, or if they are all import.

Rearz is Chinese too.  I know because they bought a palette of the PetiteAB diapers I had made by a manufacturer over there.  I refused shipment on them because they didn't cut them to my spec, but they refused to fix the problem, so I ended up losing the deposit and shuttered the company for lack of funding. 

On 8/16/2021 at 9:09 PM, Apache Raccoon said:

Very strange, I search for adult diaper pull on and then click on what looks like Solimo (Amazon branded) underwear and it goes to an Asian diaper that doesn't even look like underwear.

The non-wholesale website aliexpress.com

21 hours ago, ppdude said:

Or for any others (willing to bet)? What's not made in China?

Crinklz/Betterdry are made in Germany, Dependco diapers/clothing are made in the US (by hand, actually), @Ferix has his own website for specialty cloth diapers, not to mention all of the various sellers on Etsy and similar sites.

On 8/16/2021 at 9:26 PM, DiaperboyEddie12 said:

Wow your quick.  There are millions of things you can get on there.  But I would not support a company from China.  Though I do support ABU and Tykables I do not care for china.

Ditto that.

Its interesting to note with the current "poor" attitude people have regarding China..... We get products ( diapers) from them that we use to...... Ummmm....releive ourselves in!!! ?

Since that is all they are literally worth!!!! Take that China!!!

• Like 1

The Great Diaper Shortage of 2021. Any brands not made in China may do well- hmm...will there be an uptick in Depends sales (unless they're made in China too- they sure perform like it! ?) or an uptick in people switching to cloth and plastic panties?

On 8/16/2021 at 2:32 PM, Little Christine said:

Not for me!

A good supply of REUSABLE diapers and rubber panties and you are bulletproof

That is one arrow in my quiver. Good to know we're not completely left hanging out to dry...

Can't quit if disposables quit.

I know ABU is no longer selling full cases of 80. It’s really just a price hike though. I just ordered 24 half cases today and they let it go through. They did call to make sure the numbers were correct and not a mistake on my end. 

I have a mixed case waiting at FedEx from Northshore. This should last me quite a while, especially if we end up being short handed. (My relief auditor leaves at the end of the month. I have a new relief auditor hired on and I’m waiting to start training with her soon.)

21 hours ago, rusty pins said:

Training with her?  You graduating from diapers to training pants?  :10_EmoticonsHDcom:

I am a zen master. I wear what I want.  Though with some these youngsters I keep getting, either or might be a possibility. 

• 2 weeks later...

Given that a lot of AB/DL diapers are made in china, and the back log is huge, this might put more pressure on other manufacturers in Europe, such as Molicare, Abena, Tena, and Seni, just to name a few. Premium AB/DL diapers are 1) getting harder to get and 2) getting hella lot more expensive!!????

One might want to be more sparing in using them, and think of them as more of a "treat" and switch to the more available European brands for day-to-day usage.... Or switch to cloth diapers....or both! 

this saves $$$$$, and takes the pressure ( demand) off the AB/DL vendors and thier backlog....which should help stablize prices ( supply and demand). This is just a theory, but one I am happy with, and helps other markets, and gets customers what they need, even if it is not ideal to fill thier "wants" 

Why would the companies you named WANT to go into the ABDL market? What if they concluded that being involved with kink would hurt their reputation? Would the ABDL market make up for what they concluded that they would lose if the word got out? Also would they not have to get new equipment and processes to make ABDL diapers and develop the market, which would cost (refer back to the market and gain/loss questions)?

On 9/3/2021 at 2:47 PM, Little Christine said:

Why would the companies you named WANT to go into the ABDL market?

Where does it mention that they should go into that market?

Tena already make better diapers than most other brands, including ABDL diapers.
I guess what he meant was that ABDLs gonna buy medical diapers.
Many already does, including me.

Tena is everyday use, and ABDL is luxury.

I've read that one of the reasons for the shortages is Covid restrictions.  Many ships are sitting offshore at various ports around the world, waiting for quarantine periods to expire before they can unload.  Depending on the previous port of call, ships may have to wait at least 2 weeks before offloading; and that assumes no crew members are sick during that time.

On 9/4/2021 at 9:56 AM, Dubious said:

. and ABDL is luxury.

Can you really use the term "luxury" FOR somethig that is made to be used once and then thrown in the swill? The actual situation is more or less crappy, be it in materials or workmanship. And it shows in the complaints I see here; fit, clumping, blowout, leaks, the whole thing. And it eventually comes to even the best of them as the materials and construction cheapens over time. If you were raised in throw-aways, you were reasied in garbage. You just do not know that since you never had the good stuff to act as a standard of value and you were too young to remember, or even know,  how crappy they were. There was a write-up on this in TALES FROM THE CRIB in the mid '80's

I saw a local illustration of this: someone took some drone video of a couple of loaded container ships sitting in Puget Sound near Manchester waiting to be unloaded at Seattle, Tacoma, or Everett.

Backed-up ships are well-known. It's everything from lack of unloading persons to lack of trucks on the road to move the goods from the ports

If there is a shortage, Northshore does not seem to know it. They are having a Megamax sale. Not something you see in a tight market unless someone is moving product that has a limited shelf life that is reaching that limit

UK is having problems with ordinary goods like bread and milk cause they lack drivers.
Mainly cause of covid.

We lack drivers here too, but its not that bad yet.
Its a underpaid, and overworked profession.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Dubious said:

UK is having problems with ordinary goods like bread and milk cause they lack drivers.
Mainly cause of covid.

We lack drivers here too, but its not that bad yet.
Its a underpaid, and overworked profession.

In 1962, a lorry driver with his own lorry that I'd met a few times in the pub, wanted a week's holiday.  He showed me how to lower the wheels on the trailer and disconnect it, in case I had to;  which switches did what, etc: and as I drove for less than 8 1/2 hours a day, I didn't have to have a " mate" in the cab and only needed a car licence.

There was nothing difficult about it, but I had been driving a Ferguson tractor and trailer on the farm since I was 8 years old.

Too much 'red tape'  is the problem.

5 hours ago, Wet Knight said:

In 1962, a lorry driver with his own lorry that I'd met a few times in the pub, wanted a week's holiday.  He showed me how to lower the wheels on the trailer and disconnect it, in case I had to;  which switches did what, etc: and as I drove for less than 8 1/2 hours a day, I didn't have to have a " mate" in the cab and only needed a car licence.

There was nothing difficult about it, but I had been driving a Ferguson tractor and trailer on the farm since I was 8 years old.

Too much 'red tape'  is the problem.

Driving a truck is sometimes easier than driving a car, or at least as easy, but there is so many laws and shit you have to know.

You can only drive 9 hours a day, and even if you are 30 minutes away from your destination... you have to take 11 hours break.. 
(In Norway at least)
So since you are 30 minutes away, you're most likely outside a city, with nowhere to eat or sleep, other than in your truck.

I have seen trucks been towed in USA cause they ran out of time.
They tow trucks that there is nothing wrong with, other than that the driver ran out of legal time.

Its one of the most stressed professions, with worst working hours.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I just came across this article posted a few days ago that explains the supply chain issues in much more detail:

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2021/09/pandemic-supply-chain-nightmare-slow-shipping/620147/

• Just the fact that getting a loaded container onto a ship is now as much as 10 times the pre-COVID cost... is but one reason we're seeing price hikes. 
  • Just the fact that there's a shortage of truck drivers is but one reason we're seeing price hikes.
  • Just the fact that there's a shortage of raw materials is but one reason we're seeing price hikes.

Sadly... this isn't going to end anytime soon.  In fact I don't think we are anywhere close to hitting bottom yet.  I was in Home Despot just the other day to get some electrical supplies.  There were hardly any plastic recpticle boxes available for sale - plenty more metal ones... and that's even considering the website had said "30" available for sale yet the shelf was COMPLETELY EMPTY!

We're also going to end up with entire new generations of hoarders thanks to this.