LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Vaccine Shots

8 hours ago, rusty pins said:

It's not a flu shot!  It's a Covid-19 vaccine.  BIG DIFFERENCE!  I work at a hospital and got my first shot, Pfizer on January 6th, second shot on January 26.  No side effects at all, and 98% of my coworkers had no side effects.  Those that did ranged from sore arm where the injection was given, being tired for a day and one had a slight swelling in her tongue for half a day.  The benefits to yourself and especially those around you that you may come in contact with far outweigh minor side effects.

This is my opinion and most people I know agree with me.  You are a fool if you don't get this vaccine, mask and keep social distancing, even after getting your vaccine!  This is not over and some people seem to play the whole thing off as a joke or not take it seriously even in the face of millions of deaths around the world.  Why?  Partly because they would rather listen to people in their political party who have been downplaying this for a year (and many of whom have contracted Covid-19 themselves, some dying after attending big political rally's sitting shoulder to shoulder with other unmasked idiots).  Even president Trump and his wife came down with it, were hospitalized and still hosted huge events with no social distancing or mask requirements.  People would rather blindly follow their political party leaders with absolutely no education or experience on the virus instead of people like Dr Fauci or other experts like the World Health Organization (which, by the way, Trump pulled the USA out of).  These people have been trained for years and are world wide experts in their field.  To put it in perspective, if you were rushed to the hospital and needed open heart surgery, would you want the best heart surgeon or you local senator to perform the surgery?  Why then do you blindly believe everything your local congressman, governor or senator tells you and not the experts in their field like Dr Fauci and others?  

One last thing.  When word of the vaccine came out last December, people were calling pleading for the vaccine even though they were not eligible for it yet.  I had people actually crying because of their age and underlying conditions waiting for a chance to get vaccinated.  Now that most states have opened eligibility to most everyone, I get people calling to change their schedule, saying they missed their appointment, they want the J&J vaccine instead of Moderna or Pfizer, etc.  It seems that now it's pretty sure everyone can get their vaccine, the selfishness is coming out.  Rather than saying, "Thank God!  I'll be there on whatever date you tell me for whatever vaccine is available", people are taking it for granted and saying, "Don't you have any other time available?", or, "I'll just wait for the J&J vaccine" (which might not ever be available in their part of the country).  Some people are now to the point where they won't even postpone a hair appointment for their vaccine and then cry when they have to wait another 4 weeks for another vaccine availability.  I hope as more and more vaccines become available it gets to the point you can just walk in to Walgreens or CVS and get the Covid-19 vaccine with no appointment, like you can with the flu shots.  Bottom line:  DON'T BE A FOOL!  GET YOUR VACCINE, PROTECT YOURSELF AND THOSE AROUND YOU!  If you're stupid and don't, I won't feel as bad for you when you are in the hospital on a ventilator gasping out your last breath as I do for the innocent people you pass it to who I see dying of Covid-19 in my hospital because they came in contact with an idiot who didn't distance or wear a mask and that dying person couldn't get vaccinated in time.  It's real, I see it every day in person, and those who don't work in a hospital just need to watch the nightly news with the numbers of people with Covid-19, over crowded hospitals with no rooms left and those rising numbers of the dead.  DON'T YOU DARE TELL ME IT'S ALL FAKE!  IT'S FOR REAL!!! 

@rusty pins

I would agree with you - If you are able to get the vaccine, GET IT!  I don't understand WHY something like a pandemic is being turned into a political poop storm.  There will always be people who are concerned about taking the vaccine, and they may have concerns about it.   I RESPECT anyone and EVERYONE who decides that they don't want to do it NOW - It is their decision -  @Elfy and @DailyDi and other admins agree that we should keep the conspiracy theories to a MINIMUM.  I need to be FRANK here:  We have a pandemic going on, and we have individuals that want the shot, and in Vermont, I still hear that they are weeks out.  I decided to take the shot for the benefit of myself and OTHERS, as we cannot move forward if we are constantly worrying about resurgence of the virus, because people do NOT want to follow the rules.

Today even, the bus driver that took me to my appointment was giving me a plethora of conspiracy theories: saying that we had been "taken over by the government and Joe Biden wasn't the President, and someone else was running the country, and Trump is still the president, and is running our country from Florida....":  I was FLOORED - WHAT the HELL?  I cannot BELIEVE there are people who STILL live in the past, and THINK that Trump was doing a "good job" with what he did, and she told me not to worry:  I am WORRIED that we do not have anyone who can determine what the TRUTH is in our government, and STOP this ridiculousness - If people believe that the vaccine is gonna cause you difficulties then SO be it, but when have we been "invaded" by aliens, and HOW does this vaccine turn us into "walking Zombie GPS's?"  IT DOES NOT!

Please:  If you want the SHOT: Get it: That's all can say:

@rusty pinsworks in the medical field:  He KNOWS what can happen if you GET Covid - There are others that are members that had it, and survived, and unfortunately, some members have had family members contract Covid that  have passed away.  I've had 6 family members come down with this, and My Dad has COPD, and he is Vulnerable to any sicknesses that we carry - He picks that UP, and he is in ISOLATION for WEEKS.  I have been LUCKY because I have followed the Doctor's ORDERS TO THE LETTER, and because of this, I am HEALTHY, HAPPY and have one shot under my belt - I will have Shot #2 on April 21st - My goal, is to:

HUG THE HELL outta my Mother, My Stepdad, my Stepmom, My Dad, and my brothers, who I have NOT seen since March 12, 2020 - I have worked HARD to keep myself safe, and I don't even know when we will be declared "safe" anymore:  Heard that there was a new variant of Covid, that is RESISTANT to the vaccine, and that my stepdad says that kids are now getting covid.  If this is TRUE, then we are in TROUBLE, as NOTHING is being done to vaccinate kids, and if a new Variant is resistant to the vaccine, and the information is accurate, and I believe it is because my stepdad would NOT lie to me, than we are in trouble still.   I wish that people/politicians/news organizations (CNN/FOX/etc) would NOT lie to us, and try to accuse others of wrongdoing all the time.  I cannot wait for the day that James hits the door:  when that happens, at LEAST I know that we will see a change in things, but I REFUSE to think this world is gonna END because we have politicians that can't see anything other than trouble, and they won't do the RIGHT thing, unless they are getting HAMMERED - I wish we could take POLITICS out of this, and get people back to some sort of normalcy - Politics needs to DIE when it comes to people's LIVES - We CANNOT keep hearing RIDICULOUS theories, assinine things that DON'T make SENSE, and people who are on opposite sides of the political spectrum debating whether we can "afford it" when we have people who have been unable to work, because of restrictions for over a year:  When will we be able to drop the politics and act like HUMAN beings, with, you know, the BIG RED Muscle that pumps BLOOD to keep you alive? (HEARTS)

It would remind me of when @AwakenEvil hears an accusation, and one person says "YOU DID IT", and the OTHER says "NO I DIDN'T" and then, posts: "YES YOU DID" and then the other posts "NO I DIDN'T" and then he says "ENOUGH!": and sends people to the corner:  WHY can't these fools be brought down a few points and told to take their political beliefs and STUFF it?  People need help, and I gotta say, without good friends on DD, I would have GONE NUTS - I don't talk politics much, but I can't STAND how it changes people:  They don't use their heads:  They use the excuses that "they can't afford it" - but we can't survive without help.

Rusty is right:  This is NOT a flu shot:  If you do choose NOT to take it, that is your choice: However, I want to be SAFE:  At that rate, I may not be able to resume what I would normally do, until my brothers DECIDE it is safe, or until my parents ALLOW my return, and I SUPPORT that, but it is HARD when we have wackjobs in government who still support lawlessness and conspiracy......

OK @DailyDiHopefully, you won't punish me for bringing up this stuff, but I was SHOCKED - what the HECK - Have people gone BONKERS?  Hey @Evelyn Dellcerro Does @Transfusionellehave something for the headaches and a pallet changer?  This garbage is the worst BS I have heard in 48 YEARS ***COUGH** Need a vaccine against STOOPIDNESS NOW!!  Its gonna take WEEKS to get that poop taste outta my mouth heheeheh

Heeeeelp, I drowning in stoopidnessss........hehehehehe ;)

ALIENS, INDEED :(

AAAAAAACK ?

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
Added Additional Information
  • Like 2
17 minutes ago, Cute_Kitten said:

Time for shots!  Drop your diaper, bend over, and prepare for a little jab in the buttocks. It won't hurt. I promise. The needle just LOOKS big to big babies. ?

61tdamwe1l-_ul1500_.jpg

@Cute_Kitten

YIKES - That thing is bigger than the needle that is used to blow up my pnumatic tires hehehehe - But for her, i would do it :)

Brian

I got my second Pfizer at one of the regional vaccination events put on by one of the local healthcare/hospital chains.     It was a drive-by shooting.    Just had to roll the window down.

14 minutes ago, ~Brian~ said:

@Cute_Kitten

YIKES - That thing is bigger than the needle that is used to blow up my pnumatic tires hehehehe - But for her, i would do it :)

Brian

Sexy nurses can make almost anything better. And it's just an itty bitty teeny weeny needle....?

• Haha 1

I still haven't got the option to get the vaccine and most likely wont until July 

I live in one of the worlds richest countries and we suck at this.
We could have bought directly from the manufacturer, but that would be "stealing from the poor countries..." they said.
Instead we use trillions by keeping the country closed.

I got my shot this past month because I'm an essential employee at a supermarket.  Haven't had much time off since this whole thing started.  I'm glad I have it because the general population (who has to shop for food because they have to eat) has been god awful at any sort of disease control.  Even with spots on the ground, plexiglass, mask mandates, they break every rule.

Relating to the shots though, I happily took the 2-shot Pfizer.  I know I get bad (but not dangerous) vaccine reactions, so shot 1 made my arm extremely sore and painful for 2-3 days.  Shot 2 gave me a fever of 101-102 sustained for a solid...12 ish hours.  That was rough, but I couldn't imagine how rough that would be while struggling to breathe.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Dubious said:

It's all fake. 

If this was meant as a joke, it's pretty ill intended and in very bad taste with the infected and dead, as I'm sure all the relatives and family members of people who died from Covid-19 will tell you.  Perhaps you should be in a room with about 30 of them and say that.  What happens to you when you say that in front of grieving family members might be justice.  Sorry but working in a hospital and seeing dead patients from Covid-19 each week and their heartbroken families, I take this seriously and it's a very sad statement against the character of a person who makes comments like this, even in jest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

If I'm offered the Johnson and Johnson shot I might take it. Otherwise I'm good.

I don't trust the medical system, like at all. A great example for that is that my sister died of lead poisoning due to many months neglect on the doctors end the medication they were giving us was literally contaminated with lead, medication going right into our bloodstreams. so anything new is a big no go for me. I'll let my body do the immunity building itself.

• Like 1

I DID IT! I got the  Johnson and Johnson and I had little side effects other than little bit more pain in  My  Arm It's a little time to get and I only had To get one shot

3 hours ago, rusty pins said:

If this was meant as a joke, it's pretty ill intended and in very bad taste with the infected and dead

and daring someone to say it is not ill intended and in a very bad taste?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dubious said:

and daring someone to say it is not ill intended and in a very bad taste?

He's also said "Anyone who calls it a hoax should be run feet first through a wood chipper!" While than going on and saying stuff about how insensitive people a for not taking into account the lives that were lost due to COVID. Personally I don't think wishing painful death upon people and immediately following it with how they are insensitive for not taking into account the lives lost is the best way to get across your opinion. That kind of behavior and escalation makes me lose all respect for a person.

"Two wrongs don't make a right" as they say.

I had my second Pfizer shot two weeks ago. First shot was a non-occurrence, while the second one gave me a mild headache the second day. I'm so glad I got this. It helps keep me and my family safe from the large number of stoopid people in my community who deny that Covid is a thing.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, WetDad said:

It helps keep me and my family safe from the large number of stoopid people in my community who deny that Covid is a thing.

You can still get covid and carry the virus to infect others, so hopefully your whole family is vaccinated. 

22 hours ago, kasarberang said:

If I'm offered the Johnson and Johnson shot I might take it. Otherwise I'm good.

I don't trust the medical system, like at all. A great example for that is that my sister died of lead poisoning due to many months neglect on the doctors end the medication they were giving us was literally contaminated with lead, medication going right into our bloodstreams. so anything new is a big no go for me. I'll let my body do the immunity building itself.

You have a legitimate gripe with the medical profession.    I'm fortunate in that I've always had a tremendous relationship with doctors and medical professionals., which includes the RN's.    Unfortunately I see a lot of them because I have a few medical issues that need to be monitored, so I spend a lot of time with doctors, RN's, or medical assistants.  And my sister-in-law is a pediatric nephrologist, my cousin is an Opthamologist, and step-brother is a public health doctor.   For example, my step-brother instructions were very clear: take it, and don't worry about the version.  

Fortunately I think vaccine resistance isn't strong enough to keep us from getting some level of herd immunity.  At least enough to keep this from being at a pandemic level, so you might be lucky.  But remember- for your theory to work- you need everybody else to get the vaccine so that your less likely of contracting this thing.

What I've noticed is that there is so much misinformation about the vaccine out there, and since so any formats are very strict about what gets shared- it's hard to read up on those things to discover the truth.   For example, my friend is reluctant to take the Phizer because it messes with your RNA.   And I"m not an expert by any stretch, but I think that is exactly what a vaccine is supposed to do.  It's supposed to send the message that the protein sequences that virus have is bad and you need to kick it out of the body.

40 minutes ago, spark said:

You have a legitimate gripe with the medical profession.    I'm fortunate in that I've always had a tremendous relationship with doctors and medical professionals., which includes the RN's.    Unfortunately I see a lot of them because I have a few medical issues that need to be monitored, so I spend a lot of time with doctors, RN's, or medical assistants.  And my sister-in-law is a pediatric nephrologist, my cousin is an Opthamologist, and step-brother is a public health doctor.   For example, my step-brother instructions were very clear: take it, and don't worry about the version.  

Fortunately I think vaccine resistance isn't strong enough to keep us from getting some level of herd immunity.  At least enough to keep this from being at a pandemic level, so you might be lucky.  But remember- for your theory to work- you need everybody else to get the vaccine so that your less likely of contracting this thing.

What I've noticed is that there is so much misinformation about the vaccine out there, and since so any formats are very strict about what gets shared- it's hard to read up on those things to discover the truth.   For example, my friend is reluctant to take the Phizer because it messes with your RNA.   And I"m not an expert by any stretch, but I think that is exactly what a vaccine is supposed to do.  It's supposed to send the message that the protein sequences that virus have is bad and you need to kick it out of the body.

I think you might have misunderstood my original post, I am not against getting vaccinated, however I would rather get a traditional sort of vaccine that allows my body to develop the immunity itself through a dead/deactivated/neutralized virus, instead of mRNA.

I too have many medical issues and have to see doctors frequently and some of my family also works in the medical field.

I've had many issues with doctors, nurses, techs, ect... being neglectful and some actively causing harm (stepping on something that was meant to be sterile and just connecting it to my central line like it was fine for example, got an infection for that one.)

I've even had people in the medical field outright smack me right on the chest (where my central line is located no less).

I have a mostly competent medical team now and have only had 1 near death experience due to active neglect since turning 18 and that was in another wing of the hospital than I usually visit.

Many people ask "why didn't you sue" couldn't I was too young and my mom is spineless when it comes to that sort of thing. But I could tell you stories of absolute horror that me and my family (especially my now deceased sister R.I.P) have experienced due to doctors, nurses and others in the medical field being neglectful and in some cases actively malicious.

My understanding is that a regular vaccine contains the actual virus, but a dead/deactivated/neutralized form and it lets your body do most of the work as far as building an immune response goes, where as mRNA just sends a set of instructions to your body directly and doesn't contain the actual virus. I worry that this causes more room for error and I'd rather not take the chance, especially with the very first mRNA vaccine ever approved. I just don't trust humans that much.

I agree though this whole COVID thing is so hard to research because it's become a political issue, I don't think any disease/virus/illness or really anything medical should become so political, because it gets the divisiveness that we currently have over this pandemic. Partly because you can't get a single straight answer from anyone. even the "professionals" have no idea what they're talking about and have been caught and even admitted to lying. See: "don't wear a mask it's not helpful unless you're a caretaker or patient....but wait we lied it actually is." the reason they had for lying doesn't matter the fact of the matter is they lied and that causes distrust.

5 hours ago, kasarberang said:

I think you might have misunderstood my original post, I am not against getting vaccinated, however I would rather get a traditional sort of vaccine that allows my body to develop the immunity itself through a dead/deactivated/neutralized virus, instead of mRNA.

I too have many medical issues and have to see doctors frequently and some of my family also works in the medical field.

I've had many issues with doctors, nurses, techs, ect... being neglectful and some actively causing harm (stepping on something that was meant to be sterile and just connecting it to my central line like it was fine for example, got an infection for that one.)

I've even had people in the medical field outright smack me right on the chest (where my central line is located no less).

I have a mostly competent medical team now and have only had 1 near death experience due to active neglect since turning 18 and that was in another wing of the hospital than I usually visit.

Many people ask "why didn't you sue" couldn't I was too young and my mom is spineless when it comes to that sort of thing. But I could tell you stories of absolute horror that me and my family (especially my now deceased sister R.I.P) have experienced due to doctors, nurses and others in the medical field being neglectful and in some cases actively malicious.

My understanding is that a regular vaccine contains the actual virus, but a dead/deactivated/neutralized form and it lets your body do most of the work as far as building an immune response goes, where as mRNA just sends a set of instructions to your body directly and doesn't contain the actual virus. I worry that this causes more room for error and I'd rather not take the chance, especially with the very first mRNA vaccine ever approved. I just don't trust humans that much.

I agree though this whole COVID thing is so hard to research because it's become a political issue, I don't think any disease/virus/illness or really anything medical should become so political, because it gets the divisiveness that we currently have over this pandemic. Partly because you can't get a single straight answer from anyone. even the "professionals" have no idea what they're talking about and have been caught and even admitted to lying. See: "don't wear a mask it's not helpful unless you're a caretaker or patient....but wait we lied it actually is." the reason they had for lying doesn't matter the fact of the matter is they lied and that causes distrust.

depending on your age you might still be able to sue, i think you have 5 years after you turn 18 to file, you should check with an attorney or look up statute of limitations in your state or the state the malpractice happened in(and if you win or get a settlement, gimme half HAHAHA)

On 4/6/2021 at 6:59 AM, Dubious said:

You can still get covid and carry the virus to infect others, so hopefully your whole family is vaccinated. 

You might, but recent studies show that the vaccine does do well to prevent assymtomatic transmission.

14 hours ago, feralfreak said:

depending on your age you might still be able to sue, i think you have 5 years after you turn 18 to file, you should check with an attorney or look up statute of limitations in your state or the state the malpractice happened in(and if you win or get a settlement, gimme half HAHAHA)

There's not enough proof, unfortunately, my mom would be the one with any evidence, but that's most certainly destroyed with about a 0% chance of me getting it even if it isn't. Essentially it'd be my word many years after the fact against theirs.

On 4/6/2021 at 5:48 PM, kasarberang said:

Again, I'm not expert, but based on what I understand and have been told by experts that I do know- the MRNA does produce the immunity naturally.  I don't know if that is medically sound, or if you would get the backing from doctors.  I'm fortunate in that I know people through family and through my Facebook contacts that have been involved in the development of this vaccine.   From my understanding that just the way develop vaccines now, and it's been revolutionary.  Kind of like how silicon chips have revolutionized computers.  

I've been very fortunate in that I've never had situations where I've seen outright medical neglect, and a vast majority of my medical team have been excellent.   I'm also fortunate in that the doctors that are in my family are exceptional doctors- and they will speak up when they don't trust the care I receive.     The one case I had where I questioned my care was when I walked into an ER by myself with a head injury (literally faceplanted on the asphalt).  He treated me, gave me a tetanus shot, and then let me go home.  Unfortunately- I was concussed, and fortunately did not have long-term effect.   I didn't think about at the time- and the next day I saw a different doctor and he was legitimately upset with the ER doctor.    So naturally I have a lot trust with my medical team.   I try to be as honest with them as possible, and when I ask questions- their answers are always clear.  

You do have a legitimate gripe.  My experience has been completely different.   I grew up in Asia and we had to have a whole list of shots.   I think we needed cholera shots twice a year, and those hurt.  Yellow fever was another nasty shot that we used to get.   I was too young to know what it was I was getting shot for, but my parents really didn't care that I didn't like the shots.    My dad's attitude was: this is what you've got to do, so this is what we are going to do.    And I've taken that attitude with all the other vaccines I've received.  My SIL was literally one of the first in line to get her vaccine.  My cousin and dad both got theirs in January, and the expectation in my family is: you get this vaccine as fast as possible.

FTR- I never miss out on the flu vaccine.  I get my shot as soon as it becomes available.

17 hours ago, willnotwill said:

You might, but recent studies show that the vaccine does do well to prevent assymtomatic transmission.

That's the cool thing.  The main purpose to reduce the chance of catching the virus, and do limit the severity of the diseaase if you do contract it, but apparently fully vaccinated people are  not very high risk to contract or carry the virus.  

That doesn't mean we can ignore this damn thing.   For me- I generally know where I feel comfortable.  I was a baseball game today- and it was outdoors and breezy.   I felt pretty comfortable with the expose in my seat- even next to my friend that I hadn't seen in a year (both vaccinated, but not fully yet).   I was less comfortable in the concourse- but I know walking by somebody with Covid-19 even in a crowded concourse, isnt likely to transmit the virus.  Standing in line- in a concourse behind the same person for 2 to 3 minutes is most dangerous.   The bathroom is one of those places that can be uncomfortable, but fortunately- I've got ways to avoid that need.

1 hour ago, spark said:

Again, I'm not expert, but based on what I understand and have been told by experts that I do know- the MRNA does produce the immunity naturally.  I don't know if that is medically sound, or if you would get the backing from doctors.  I'm fortunate in that I know people through family and through my Facebook contacts that have been involved in the development of this vaccine.   From my understanding that just the way develop vaccines now, and it's been revolutionary.  Kind of like how silicon chips have revolutionized computers.

Alright so I looked it up. they are different and these are the differences. They're pretty much what I expected.

Source: menshealth.com but I'm looking at other sources as well and they seem  to say pretty much the same thing.

MRNA: This type of vaccine injects instructions, via a piece of genetic code, that tell your body how to make a certain protein essential to blocking the virus. “The mRNA vaccines instruct our cells to recognize COVID-19 and produce a harmless "spike" protein,” explains Dr. Lee. These proteins train your immune system to recognize the virus and make antibodies to attack that virus if it arrives in your body. The instructions quickly vanish, but your immune system stays fortified.

Vector vaccines are made from a modified version of a live virus, says Dr. Lee. Those harmless viruses—in this case, an adenovirus, which is a version of the common cold—are sent into your body containing an instruction manual that tells your cells to make a spike protein; a harmless piece of the SARS-CoV-2 virus (that’s the one that causes Covid-19). Vector vaccines will not give you Covid-19. Your body starts to make antibodies to this so that if the real spike protein comes around on the Covid-19-causing coronavirus, the antibodies will attack it and ultimately help defend your body. If you’ve had an MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella) or chicken pox vaccine, these work in a similar manner.

Both my wife and I contracted COVID in early January, so had to wait 90 days for the vaccine.  I got my first Pfizer vaccine on Wednesday-2 days ago, and in case you are wondering, yes I had a diaper on. I have fairly minor side effects, a little achy, fatigue, and just slightly off my game.  Right now my wet and messy diaper is giving me some comfort.

Just lost one 2 days ago who was a friend and coworker of mine in the early 1990's.  He was 80 and prior to getting Covid-19 he was in great shape.  It can affect anyone but the elderly are more vulnerable.  Right now in Michigan the spike is being caused by younger people.  37% of the state has at least one shot. 

• Sad 2