LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

bad experience with hospital and diapers

USA hospitals has a bad reputation and reading this thread its well deserved

Not incon and long time since I were in a hospital, but here they listen to the patient and do whatever they ask for, as long as it can be provided

That figures the foreign hospitals carry better diapers. The US hospitals carry diapers that leak in one wetting.

UK hospital diapers werent that comfy or great either. They insisted on using their diapers.

UK hospital diapers werent that comfy or great either. They insisted on using their diapers.

do you know what brand they are?

• 3 weeks later...

Wife has been in the hospital 14 times in the last 3 years (been vomiting blood) but that's not why I'm writing this. Each time and two different hospitals I've seen labels on the cabinets, one of them always says "Diapers".

One time I had surgery on my left leg Dr. knew I wore diapers and told me to wear one to surgery so I did. The nurse tried to tell me to take it off and my wife told her the Dr. said it was OK. But when I came to I had a catheter in. The Dr apologized for it and said he didn't know how long the diaper would last (it was an Abena M-4 usually god for about 12 hours for me.)

Wife has been in the hospital 14 times in the last 3 years (been vomiting blood) but that's not why I'm writing this. Each time and two different hospitals I've seen labels on the cabinets, one of them always says "Diapers".

One time I had surgery on my left leg Dr. knew I wore diapers and told me to wear one to surgery so I did. The nurse tried to tell me to take it off and my wife told her the Dr. said it was OK. But when I came to I had a catheter in. The Dr apologized for it and said he didn't know how long the diaper would last (it was an Abena M-4 usually god for about 12 hours for me.)

• 2 weeks later...

Well you could always bring spares and ask for them to allow you to use it and at least the absorbent pads under is good if they don't tape your diaper right after the procedure. When I had testing done that really saved me since they had to remove tape temporally but the taped it back on even worse then i do leading to a leak but I always have at least a spare diaper in my book-bag that i always use.

• 9 months later...

I spent a weekend in a psych hospital and was in a pullup when I got there. I told them I was in a "diaper" they got me a package of prevail pullups, they were awful, but I made do with them until I came very close to leaking. My bladder issues are pretty light so a pullup usually works ok for me. You know it's a cheap pullup when I nearly have a leak. I told the nurse I had had an accident and I needed something more "robust" she went and got me a pile of Kendall Wings HL3D hospital diapers that I wore for the rest of the stay. I had one of those on when my wife came to pick me up.

when I had my spinal angiogram surgery, they told me it would be a 3 hour general anesthesia procedure and I'd be catheterized. Since I was already a Foley catheter user at home and we had to travel an hour+ in the car my wife catheterized me at home the day before the surgery as we had to go down there for the pre-op appointment. She told the head nurse that I had a foley in and asked if it was ok to just leave it in for the surgery or of they had to put my foley in for the surgery. They said that the one she had placed would be fine. On the morning of the surgery we were at the hospital super early and I had a diaper on over my foley as I always do. My wife changed me from the leg bag to the bedside bag before I went into surgery, (wife is a nurse and can do all that stuff) she then took my diaper off before I went in. When I awoke, I still had the foley in but was naked. I don't like to be naked with my foley in because it feels like everything is flopping around. I asked the nurse to get me an adult diaper. My diaper bag had been left in the car. The nurse was hot and looked a little bit puzzled and I tried to explain that I always wore one over my catheter, I think my wife explained further, but I was a bit groggy. The nurse went to get me a diaper and asked me "do you want me to help you with that??" I thanked her and explained that my wife would do it for me. I'd love to tell you that the hot nurse put my diaper on, but it just didn't happen that way. I think my wife would have divorced me. They gave me a super crinkly Kendall Wings diaper. She walked me around the unit with just a gown on and my diaper under it and I carried the foley bag. My wife dressed me when it was time to go home and then assisted me into the shower as I insisted on being clean when I got home. Apparently she diapered me again at home before going to bed as I woke up in one of my diapers the next day.

• 6 months later...

Good luck with the knee-replacement surgery! I had a knee replaced three years ago, and it's been great. Before the surgery, I was in really serious pain with every step I took. After the rehabilitation period, I've had no pain with the replacement knee. Physiotherapy therapy and exercise after the surgery are very important. Follow

The problem with knee replacement is that for the first few days, they want you to not move it much unless it is in a brace which you have to hail a nurse assistant to fix up.

• 2 weeks later...

While waiting to be admitted to the hospital for lower back surgery, I myself had to be changed and the diapers they used were as good as a paper bag. Thankfully, I spoke up after