LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I'm THAT old

DailyDi

One of the first movies I remember going to was at a drive-in theater. One you sat in the car or went up front to the playground and watch the move. They had speaker that hung not the window of the car. The movie was It's a Madd Madd world ... That was one of the only fun things we do in that age, about when I was 10-13 years old.

• Like 3

Watching the TV news two days before my 10th birthday when the last combat troops departed Vietnam.

Being an undisputed champion of PacMan at the video arcades.

Getting mad at my cats when one of them would jump on top of the console TV for warmth and screw up the ( rabbit ears!) reception w/o even touching the rabbit ears antenna. The EM field of the cats bodies was enough to disrupt the signal.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, spoonchicken said:

Watching the TV news two days before my 10th birthday when the last combat troops departed Vietnam.

I remember waking up on more than one occasion to see the news about the latest IRA mail bomb.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, spoonchicken said:

Getting mad at my cats when one of them would jump on top of the console TV for warmth

he he he.... reminds me of what my dad used to do to our cats.  The cats would jump up on furniture where the TV was, blocking the screen.  My dad would turn the TV off, then back on.  That would create a bit of static discharge giving the cat a bit of an unpleasant jolt. 

Being an undisputed champion of PacMan at the video arcades.

Getting mad at my cats when one of them would jump on top of the console TV for warmth and screw up the ( rabbit ears!) reception w/o even touching the rabbit ears antenna. The EM field of the cats bodies was enough to disrupt the signal.

I'm so old...the Big Bang that created the universe was one of my farts :P

• Haha 2
On 11/20/2023 at 10:05 PM, tigercub59 said:

Homemade movies on 8mm film and splicing them together to fit on a larger reel. My dad still has them and just found a projector at Salvation Army to show them on a screen he has. 

My dad did that too.  We still have the old 8mm projector and screen, also I have a sound super 8 movie projector that can show 8mm and super 8mm.  Back in the 1970's you could get super 8 movies with sound.  That, of course was before VHS tapes and players.  if you were lucky you might get 15 minutes of part of a popular movie like Start Wars.

Many years ago I transferred all the 8mm movies onto 3 VHS tapes and dubbed in background sound.  The old movies from Christmases in the late 1950's and early 1960's had soft Christmas music dubbed in, for example.  It was nice not to have to drag out the projector and movie screen and just pop the VHS tape in and watch it on TV.  Now I'll probably have to transfer the VHS tapes to DVD one of these years.

On 11/15/2023 at 1:27 PM, DailyDi said:

If you don't rewind that movie it costs an extra 50 cents!

That can't make you old. Because I remember it, too. And if that makes you old, then it makes me old. So remembering that does not make us old. I'm sticking to this.

• Haha 1
On 11/23/2023 at 12:01 PM, rusty pins said:

Now I'll probably have to transfer the VHS tapes to DVD one of these years.

You'd get a better result if you can send the original 8mm off to be rescanned and saved digitally. Some places can offer all sorts of fancy restoration, colour balancing, noise reduction, AI upscaling etc too.

Pre-tape. Not sure of the keypunch, these were all for mainframe use- 80col x 10line. Usually arrived in a large stack of numbered boxes on a truck.

Pre-tape. Not sure of the keypunch, these were all for mainframe use- 80col x 10line. Usually arrived in a large stack of numbered boxes on a truck. I have a box of them that I use for grocery lists.

8 hours ago, WetDad said:

Pre-tape. Not sure of the keypunch, these were all for mainframe use- 80col x 10line. Usually arrived in a large stack of numbered boxes on a truck.

Pre-tape. Not sure of the keypunch, these were all for mainframe use- 80col x 10line. Usually arrived in a large stack of numbered boxes on a truck. I have a box of them that I use for grocery lists.

Actually probably 12 lines or rows.  (Standard 80 column Hollerith (sp? cards)  0 through 9 lines were printed with numbers for the bottom 10 rows of punches.  2000 cards to a box, 5 boxes to a case.  Higher two rows were typically "blank" / no text.  Older key punches were 026.  When I started key punching the default was 029.  All but one keypunch at the main site were 029.... with long line waiting to use.  I punched a cheat card so I could use the one 026 key punch that was very rarely (otherwise) used.  If the mulit-punch existed on the 026, and you were a touch typist, the punch was the same.  Its just the 029 had more multi-punch codes built in.  My cheat card allowed me to multi-punch the codes missing on the 026 key punch while still actually punching 029 codes.

The main frame probably had a tape drive with it, but limited for who could use it.

• 3 weeks later...

To my way of thinking, if you are under 53, or were in throw-away diapers, you do not fit in here