LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How do people not catch UTI's more often with this fetish?

So far throughout my DL life I have managed to contract two UTI's and both have been unpleasant and so are the antibiotics side effects that are used to heal them.

I can safely safe I wear a lot less than most ABDL's. I wear a couple a month to bed, if that. So I feel pretty unlucky that I have managed to have two infections so far, especially when this is more unlikely in men. Now it might not be 100% the reason why I got them, but it is more than likely.

Just wondering what everyone's experience is with this sorta thing? I have red so many post's/story's in the past where people will/have sat in dirty diapers all day/night long and have no consequences what so ever. When I say dirty as well, I mean they have mention they peed, pooped or ejaculated and then just carried on with they're day and not changed at all.

I mean apart from the obvious of changing the second the diaper gets dirty, is there anything else I could be doing to prevent getting any infections in the future? But also since the diapers I have can handle a good couple of large wettings, it really seems a waste to change the second I wet them. The only other thing I can think of is taking it off immediately after masturbating.

Would appreciate your thoughts a tips.

I wish I could offer some advice on this, but I can't. I've worn diapers 24/7 for 4.5+ years and haven't had a UTI. I wear about 3 a day on average, so they're wet a good part of the time, and it has never been an issue. One thing I can say is that I don't use them for #2 very often, and when that happens, I change right away - I don't stew in them. I suspect that you might be immunocompromised, unfortunately. Can you absolutely trace all of them back to diaper use, or, do you get UTI's even if you completely avoid diapers? 

The only other thought I have on it is, do you stick to the same brand of diapers, or have you switched it up? I've surfed the market widely, and worn everything from the saddest medical diaper that $1 can buy, to all-singing, all-dancing products that purport to be able to imprison gallons of fluid, and that cost as much per unit as lunch in fast food restaurant. There are definitely differences in their ability to pause the biological processes that occur in a diaper once wee hits oxygen and bacteria join the party. Some diapers leave you smelling like an untended toddler within a few hours, whereas some of the better products still smell okay the next calendar day. If your circumstances confine you to low-end products, you might consider using a baby diaper as a liner/stuffer - the most advanced, space-program grade products on the market are made by the likes of Pampers and Huggies. They have the most demanding clients. 

• Like 1

If you're constantly leaking like me, your dick is always exposed to a warm, wet environment which is a breeding ground for bacteria. This is something I'm fighting constantly. Using a booster pad can help by removing/replacing when appropriate. Otherwise it's a constant battle with antibiotic cremes, salisylic acid (which works very well) and antibiotics from the doctor when all else fails.

There is no easy answer for this question.

I've had a UTI a couple of times over the past 3 years wearing cloth nappies full-time.  Unpleasant, but antibiotics soon sorted it both times.  I generally only wet in my nappies, and I'm quite careful about keeping everywhere as clean as I can.  So yes, it happens, and it's a hazard of being nappied.  As with most infections, some will be more susceptible than others, I'd imagine.  I don't get skin conditions like nappy rash much, for instance, and others have a lot more problems with that.

• Like 1

Yesterday I was in a wet diaper for 12 hours without a problem. I also love a morning messy diaper and won't change right away unless my poopie squishes to the front of my diaper then I change immediately to avoid any risk of an e choli uti infection. This morning my diaper is messy but nicely ensconced in the back and bottom of my diaper.

• Like 1

ice never had a uti, but my mom has many times, if you can stand it, try drinking cranberry juice, if not apple juice can help some but not as much, there are things in the juices that can help with it. you can also boost your immune system with vitamin c, when you get an infection echinasha(i cant spell it)tea can help, when i had a simple infection(cold i think)i felt like a zombie would be too afraid to bite me, drinking some of that and i felt almost normal.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, feralfreak said:

if you can stand it, try drinking cranberry juice

There's cranberry pills, if you don't like the juice. Or cranberry sauce, if you really like turkey. :D

• Like 1

I have been diapered for so many years and I never had a UTI. I have good diaper management skills such as not staying in a poopy diaper and changing them when they start to leak. 

• Like 1

Some people do just seem to be more prone to catching them. It might be worth getting your immune system checked, however. Do you find you tend to get sick easily? Always catch whatever is going around?

Do you get itchy or irritated from wearing a diaper? Maybe you're allergic to something, and when the skin gets irritated it opens you up to infection?

Are you up to date on your covid boosters? Have you tested recently? You could be sick with something else, be asymptomatic, and leave yourself vulnerable to opportunistic infections.

UTI's are caused by bacteria, pee doesn't contain any in principle, your poo does, so change out of that diaper as soon as possible. Make sure you wash every day. Now that I'm 24/7 I try to have a shower and a wash twice a day. This will keep you smelling fresh too. Stay shaved down there.

I have worn diapers 24/7 since 2013. I have never had any UTS's I do get a rash from not drinking enough water in the summer. But as long as I keep up with the water, I am really thinking that's it. Also I have only had poop in my diapers on a few occasions , when I was sick. I do enemas every nite, so I don't poop in my diapers .  I would not like to do poop clean up every day , just my choice .

I have worn and used diapers for everything for over 25 years with no issues, I think it's just the chemistry makeup of some individuals to get UTI's over others. Like others have stated if you drink lots of water, and don't stay in a messy diaper too long your probably safe. For others it's never an issue at all.

I've worn diapers on and off for nearly 20 years (God, has it been that long!? WTF!? Lol where does the time go?) and barely even a rash, let alone a UTI. I've used makeshift diapers, towels, store diapers, premium diapers, boosters, cream, no cream, various amounts and brands of powder, stayed in them for minutes after a wet to almost an entire day, plus nearly 2 weeks going 24/7. Nothing! 

I've recently been clued into perineal(I think?) cleansers and they're supposed to help alot with preventing UTIs, removing odors and bacteria and good for overall skin health. If you're prone to infections maybe you should look into adding them in your diaper routine. 

Stay hydrated, I know that means more urine output and more frequent nappy changes but dark concentrated urine is not good, whether incontinent or not.

Females are more prone to UTIs due to anatomy.

Previous trauma from catheterisation can also have an affect on UTI presentation.

• 1 month later...

I have also had a few utis from diaper use, and I wouldn't say I wear a lot either. It's just a cruel joke of life for some of us I think. I take a cranberry tablet and drink cranberry juice on days I wear and try to limit my use of diapers. I've only needed antibiotics once for a UTI thanks to the magical cranberries 😂