LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Entertainment Strike

Yeah I've heard about that, and the worst part is, the viewers are going to suffer. But to be fair, I DO think that what the writers guild is asking for is very fair and not unreasonable. As far as the actors guild though, I'm not really sure.😒

• Like 2

This might actually benefit the viewer when you think about it. The media industry is heavily oversaturated with entertainment that everything is more of less the same. Might help bring new fresh  ideas into the industry.

In otherwords, a break from work well deserved. Enjoy the strike, actors, you deserve better pay from the hard work of constantly pumping out more entertainment.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have to agree.  Too many competing services out there and all of them were trying to outspend the other to "buy" subscribers.    Because of that overspending, there's soooooo much stuff out there.  But one thing I have hated about any one of them is how they keep cancelling shows before storylines are complete.   I used to have Prime, but rarely watched any of their programming.  One show I did watch was cancelled - so, add that plus the fact the 2-day shipping was such a scam (it's 2 days from when they feel like shipping it out!), I cancelled them.   Netflix... don't even get me started on them!  Dizznneee ..... won't touch 'em with a 10ft pole. 

Or --- look at this as a chance to go back and reminisce by watching some vintage TV shows. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, DailyDiapers said:

No writers AND no actors? Things are going to get boring quick! Not to mention tv will turn to even more terrible reality shows to fill the void.

Start reading good BOOKS!!!!!!!!! 
You can start with “The First Chronicles of Thomas Covenant” . 😎😂🥄

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, spoonchicken said:

Start reading good BOOKS!!!!!!!!! 
You can start with “The First Chronicles of Thomas Covenant” . 😎😂🥄

Or bad books.

You can start with “The First Chronicles of Thomas Covenant” . ♥️

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

It's important to realise that the strikes aren't for the biggest actors out there. They are for the smaller ones. So don't think this is about multi-millionaires wanting more, this is about smaller actors not being able to pay rent. Some of the stuff I've seen regarding the strikes is mind-blowing. A voice actor for a very popular character, for instance, he did the work in December last year and STILL hasn't been paid and is struggling to make ends meet. I saw one person who said they were in a mask on one episode of The Eric Andre Show and gets more residuals than anyone in the cast of Orange is the New Black, one of the biggest shows on Netflix with a lot of seasons. Writers making episodes of shows you love and getting paid a few hundred dollars is obscene when you think about how much money these shows make.

The guy in charge of Disney has paid himself tens of millions or dollars whilst the people writing and sacting in the shows that make him tht money cannot afford rent. If you say it's like that for every industry... Yes! It is! Which is why everyone should be unionized and ready to fight for better pay and conditions!

Perhaps the worst thing was a recent proposal from studios to pay background actors for one day of work, scan them with AI and making them free to use forever with no payment to those actors. That is some dystopian shit right there.

Strike action is never taken on a whim. Normally conditions will have deteriorated a great deal when it is taken because it is almost a last resort, it is putting everything on the line because what is currently happening is awful. I saw someone suggest it will bring in fresh ideas. I certainly hope not because that would mean people scabbing which is among the worst things you can do, stabbing colleagues in the back for selfish gain.

Always support strike action. Everyone deserves better than what they get. Paying people more does not mean consumers paying more, it means eating into those corporate bonuses. The leeches at the top doing no work and paying themselves handsomely for it.

• Like 5

We've had a sort of viewers strike in our house for the last year. We had the Disnney and Hula combo before and Netflics before that but it's just a rip off. Now we just stream what's free on our roku TV. Lately we've been watching Leave It to Beaver. We watch a lot of old series because they are new material for my wife and nostalgic for me.

Hugs,

Freta

• Like 5

I've been watching some non-western media because they have different formats etc of story telling. Tbh I think this strike could be a good thing for western media. Let's get some fresh ideas and try new things! A lot of the recent media IMO has been stale- it's the same thing over and over and over again to the point things got predictable in general. Sometimes the previews for a show or movie looked good but then the movie or show falls flat or goes compeltely off the rails and jumps the shark- or they'll do a reboot or retake of an already established fandom only to crap all over it. 

My latest obsession is Demon Slayer anime. The animation, the storyline, the characters, everything is just *chef's kiss*  It is a little more bloody than Bleach or Naruto, but nowhere near as bloody as Tokyo Ghoul.  

There's some awesome K-dramas (Korean dramas) out there too- everything from romance to horror. 

• Like 1

I have to agree to a point.  When big studios reap millions from writers and actors, it needs to be more fair.  I also can't have a lot of sympathy for an actor that males over a million dollars per episode for their TV sitcom if they complain they aren't making enough.  If they strike for solidarity with the writers, that is different. It's the supporting cast and bit part actors that suffer from lower wages and walk on one time parts.  They get paid for a one time walk on part, have to pay their agent's their cuts and no residual payments.  They do need a clause about AI.  It would suck that a company can use AI to simulate an actor's voice and use it for whatever they please.  Same when AI becomes advanced enough to use an actor's face and body. Personally I tend to watch reruns and old TV shows from the 60's.  I haven't been to the movie theater in years.  I admit I would like to see the new Disney Haunted Mansion movie but there isn't much out there these days that interests me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Agreed. That said, it's not every actor that makes $1M per episode. Many struggle like ball players in the minor leagues. I recall an article about  regulars on Orange is the New Black that had to keep their day jobs to get by. On a very successful show. So yes there needs to be a fairer distribution of the wealth. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/orange-is-the-new-black-cast-unfair-pay-netflix-hit-1235535264/

• Like 2
5 hours ago, rusty pins said:

They do need a clause about AI.  It would suck that a company can use AI to simulate an actor's voice and use it for whatever they please.  Same when AI becomes advanced enough to use an actor's face and body.

Actually, I believe AI use of even the actor's face and body is far enough along now that it is an issue NOW.  I will agree that AI usage alone is one that needs a proper settlement that is fair with the people represented by the unions. 

2 hours ago, DailyDiapers said:

I side with the writers and actors... I just hate how it affects my entertainment :)

Between the strikes and Directv pulling my fav news channel I've got nothing to watch! lol

Youtube has lots of great, and not so great, old TV shows and movies uploaded. I've been watching old Godzilla movies. 

13 hours ago, DailyDiapers said:

I side with the writers and actors... I just hate how it affects my entertainment :)

Between the strikes and Directv pulling my fav news channel I've got nothing to watch! lol

I'm going to side with labor, but most of my content is Youtube.

• Like 1
On 7/22/2023 at 12:35 PM, zzyzx said:

Actually, I believe AI use of even the actor's face and body is far enough along now that it is an issue NOW.  I will agree that AI usage alone is one that needs a proper settlement that is fair with the people represented by the unions. 

It's not necessarily "AI".  Computer simulation in general is scary good now.   For anyone that saw Star Wars "Rogue One" should remember the digital recreations of Princess Leia and Grand Moff Tarkin.   It would be one thing to recreate a dead actor/acress (which was the case for that film).  But I feel that as long as you are alive, you are your own walking talking breathing trademark/copywrite.

I think what both actors and writers are asking for is fair. These are multi-billion dollar companies which are trying to essentially cut humans out of the equation entirely and replace the entertainment industry with AI garbage. "Hey, give us a handful of actors for like a day, we'll scan them and then use their likeness in whatever we want. But we only gotta pay for the 1 day, right?" Most of the stuff coming out of Hollywood is garbage now adays anyway (in my opinion) I almost exclusively stick to older shows and movies. I also don't see the need to have a constant stream of new content, are you telling me you've seen every show/movie you're interested in? There's not a single show/movie which you wanted to see, but never got around to seeing? I just don't believe that. I'm constantly finding new shows/movies/anime to watch, some from the current year and some from long before I was born. I probably have enough content to last me a lifetime.

I will always side with humans over the massive corporations, whose strategy is literally as comically evil as "let's wait them out until they literally lose their houses." Seems to me corporations are becoming more and more transparently evil, and people don't seem to care. It actually boggles my mind.

I don't care if someone is alive, dead or otherwise. I don't think we should be replacing actors with AI, the more humans we take out of the situation, the more fake and soulless things will become. Not to mention, new actors will never be able to enter the scene as the old ones corpses are just puppeteered around like Weekend at Bernies.

This is all just my silly opinion, naturally.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Crinklz Kat said:

I've got movies I bought years (decades?) ago and still haven't watched yet.  

Same here.  I can pull up most shows and a lot of movies on ROKU but I have many I can't that I buy on DVD.  I like watching the same movies and shows over and over and I still have many I haven't even taken out of the package.

I have never really had any sympathy for the writers, actors or anyone in that industry.   Waaa, Waaa, here's a pacifier.  They all make so much money already.   Of course studios and other large parts of the industry and going to demand and take a large portion.   Its like that in most industries.   Don't even get me started on professional sports.

I watch / follow very few TV shows, I have found myself watching and following more content on YouTube.   I suspect that our media will continue to evolve to a point the big guys in the industry are less relevant.  

Fewer new things to watch on TV means I get more time outside and off the couch (which I need anyways).   Go fishing, hiking, kayaking, etc.... mother nature isn't on strike.

Joey