LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What was the first ever diaper you put on when you first started your ABDL adventure?

Like most my age, as a teenager I had to make my own "disposable diapers" from paper towels and white kitchen trash bags.  It was when I was about 17 or 18 that Attends and Depends started showing up at places like K-mart and other stores.  I believe my first actual adult size diaper was an Attends from around 1980, the original one with that horrible plastic "Micro Pore" inner lining that was like sandpaper!  The person who came up with that idea should be flogged!  They clumped terribly but at the time we were glad to have them!  They were about the only show in town along with Depends belted undergarments. 

• Like 1

Pampers 1975. I actually wore Pampers until I was 12 when I outgrew them (I cried when I outgrew Pampers) but then I realized that I could tape 3 of them together to make a bigger diaper that I could fit into so I continued wearing them until I was 22 and a female friend of mine introduced me to adult diapers (I had no idea that they even made adult diapers until then, before we met she had worked in a medical supply store and had a few samples that varied companies were offering so people could try their products) so one night while drinking at her place she gave me the samples she had and insisted that I put one on. Well I did and for the rest of the night I was in diapers. The next morning she took me to the medical supply store that she used to work at and helped me pick out a case of diapers to buy (provided that I keep a bag of them at her place so that there would be diapers on hand for me to wear whenever I was drinking at her place. 

• Like 1

It was either a Large Huggies or Luvs, can’t remember now as this was 1990. My girlfriend when I was 13 babysat for a4 year old and a 10 month old and the older kid wasn’t potty trained yet. I remember stealing one of his diapers when my girlfriend wasn’t looking. Eventually I started buying Pampers, which fit me up until about 2015.

I love reading first diaper stories.

I started out buying baby diapers and stuffing them down the front of my crotch. With a bit of imagination, I could pretend I was wearing them. Then I discovered that adult diapers existed. My first pack was Tena Slip Maxi. They felt amazing. I still wear them to this day. I’m in one right now. 

• Like 1

The first ever 'Adult' diaper I ever worn was Attends.  I didn't even realise they made adult diapers so when I first found them in a local pharmacy I was in heaven.  The first ABDL diaper I ever worn was the original Bambino baby print diaper...which was awesome.  

Nowadays we have so many great choices for diapers.  I try to get my hands on most of them...even just to try them out.

On 4/19/2023 at 12:05 AM, rusty pins said:

Like most my age, as a teenager I had to make my own "disposable diapers" from paper towels and white kitchen trash bags.  It was when I was about 17 or 18 that Attends and Depends started showing up at places like K-mart and other stores.  I believe my first actual adult size diaper was an Attends from around 1980, the original one with that horrible plastic "Micro Pore" inner lining that was like sandpaper!  The person who came up with that idea should be flogged!  They clumped terribly but at the time we were glad to have them!  They were about the only show in town along with Depends belted undergarments. 

It was the same for me. I used rolls of toilet paper, plastic bags and tapes to have some kind of a diaper. But the toilet paper soaked up to easily. But at least it felt a bit like a diaper. 

The first real diaper must have been a Molicare, when I was about 25 - but not too sure about it. But I remember, that I bought it at some pharmacy and was extremley nervous about buying it.

• Like 1
On 4/17/2023 at 6:01 PM, Little BabyDoll Christine said:

1979 It was a "Buddy". After that, I knew Throw-aways were off the table

...yeah, I remember those. They even had two tapes on the front which you peeled of and taped the sides together. They even had printed safety pins on them!!! Also, back then were the adult replica early '70s Pampers which were called "Ambeeze". They were a true two tape white wingfolded diaper identical to an early '70s baby Pampers. I used to put three of these on and OMG, what a feeling.

8 hours ago, babypb said:

...yeah, I remember those. They even had two tapes on the front which you peeled of and taped the sides together. They even had printed safety pins on them!!! Also, back then were the adult replica early '70s Pampers which were called "Ambeeze". They were a true two tape white wingfolded diaper identical to an early '70s baby Pampers. I used to put three of these on and OMG, what a feeling.

I remember the Ambeze diapers.  They were really low grade for sure.  One tape per side, pleats in the crotch like the very first Pampers in the late 1960's and as far as absorbency, pretty bad but way back then that is what adult diapers were.

I'd love it if modern adult diapers had printed diaper pins on their tapes!  It could even be that all the diapers in the package had a different colored diaper pin for each diaper, or when you buy a package you never know what color diaper pin would be printed on the tapes!  Pink, Yellow, Blue or maybe even the ducky shaped diaper pins!  That would be more fun for diaper wearers than having the manufacturers name on the diaper tapes! 

On 4/17/2023 at 6:11 AM, BabyJune said:

Undershirts from the rag bag and pastic garbage bags. I was raised on cloth diapers and still prefer them today.

Me to except I used vinyl shower caps.

First diaper in my early teens was baby/toddler diapers. I'm guessing Libero. 
I couldn't tape them on, but they worked.

When I was in my late teens I bought Tena (with plastic) from a local medical store.
I lived with my mom and siblings, so no online buying. 

I believe I had Pampers Baby-Dry around 1992

image.thumb.png.a2189bbd2a45c63073bf77200fd59dea.png

image.thumb.png.0af0417a13132517f557956195bbcf06.pngRoughly at age 12 I took one of my sister's Pull-ups similar to those above

Then years later at 20 I bought some Pampers but didn't think about the size, so naturally it was the wrong size 😂 and was found out by my folks.. oops

Then at 33 had first introduction to adult diapers by Rearz.ca, got the (Black) Seductionz

But they were nowhere near what all I had tried since then from ABU, Tykables, Bambino, Trest etc.

• Like 1
On 4/16/2023 at 5:42 PM, APaddedPilot said:

For me it was goodnites. They were cheap, hideable (easy to hide in a hiding place), discreet, and not at all reliable (not a good thing). I first got goodnites at a local store, where I went to the bathroom opened the pack and stuffed the diapers down my pants. I then went to the car and tried my best to hide them while riding home with my parents. I sprinted to my room where I stuffed them under my dresser.

@APaddedPilot that sounds like something I use to have to do when I lived at home and wore diapers. Whenever I would take a diaper from my aunts I would stuff it down my pants and try and hide it from my parents. I was successful a few times for a while but they eventually got wise to me and found them and took them and I would get in trouble for having them. 

I found a package of belt style diapers in the wrecking yard I worked at, sometimes went on tows and could be away from facilities,but around police, for hours, and my bladder was not happ about it, so I started wearing the belted ones in my briefs. From there tried Walmart and drugstore leakers, before I found Molicare's at a local medical supply store.

there were no disposable diapers when I was trying to put a diaper on myself for the first time I can remember,  I used what ever I could find that might act as a diaper, rags toilet paper, carpet padding. I think the first time i found a box of disposable diapers It was a Cuirty, they were like the disposable under pads of today and were fastened on with diaper pins. the first pair of water proof pants I can remember trying to put on was rubber pants and I ripped them trying to get them on. I can not remember dates but it was back in the 50s. 

• 3 weeks later...

I first started my adventure 2 years ago when I felt this urge to wear diapers so I got curious and looked on Amazon and that's how I found brands like Rearz and Littleforbig. I first tried the Rearz Lil Monster diapers and when I put them on, I felt little again and I even wet it too. 

I went back to nappies at night during my teens because I still wet the bed. The nappies were issued by the NHS continence service. I can't remember what make they were only that they were blue disposables and often leaked. I had some Sandra plastic pants which helped. My bed had a fitted Sandra waterproof cover which rusted and crackled all the time. 

Once the NHS had issued these it sealed my fate. My folks gave up trying to get me dry at night and it was just accepted I wet the bed every night and probably always would. My bedwetting never bothered me in any case and now it seamed  like I was being told "wet the bed all you want no one cares" 

So that's just what I did and slept in those nappies every night until My early 20s when I finally became dry at night.

Nowadays the NHS supply tena products to incontinence patients. I wish I could remember what the nappies they supplied all those years at were.