LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

BetterDry being Discontinued?

Received an email from North Shore stating that the BetterDry was being discontinued and once their stock had been depleted that was it.. 

Anyone know if this is just a North Shore thing or have other vendors sent out notices as well?

I believe BetterDry is manufactured by a company out of Germany called Thrust Vector GMBH. They don't have anything to do with NorthShore Care, as far as I know - I am prepared to be corrected by the broader, more knowledgeable community on this. NorthShore may have been distributing BetterDry, and maybe they've elected to end that, but there are a number of distributors out there, at least in Canada, so they should continue to be available on the broader market. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, dmavn said:

Received an email from North Shore stating that the BetterDry was being discontinued and once their stock had been depleted that was it.. 

Anyone know if this is just a North Shore thing or have other vendors sent out notices as well?

Hope not... It's my daily diaper -- get it thru XP Medical. It's economical for a high-end diaper (from them) and replaced the crappy, poor quality Confi Dry 24/7 became.

Northshore's probably eliminating competition.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, StikineUrsine said:

Could be that they're not selling well enough to justify being stocked. They're just the plain white version of Crinklz, produced by the same company.

And that is why it is my work diaper. I have been incontinent for more than 25 years and don’t really wan’t to be throwing printed diapers in to the trash at work. I generally have to change at LEAST twice at the office. 

llemedico is an alternative to buying from them. They sell Better Dry. Also shipping is free so you are saving money and you save on every order when you join their program. 

• Like 1

Northshore Care maybe stopping stocking the BetterDry diapers yet they don't identify it on their site. However, LL Medico do stock the range :-

As do :-

You can also go directly to Better Dry https://www.betterdry.com/eu/en or, use their Where to buy sub page to find a local distributor. Just cause Northshore wish to stop does not mean that this product is no longer been made / available in the US / Canada.

I think Northshore is moving to an entirely self manufactured product stack. Last year they stopped carrying Garywear PUL Diapers covers in favor of their own "Trifecta" PUL waterproof covers.

• Like 1

BetterDry is my go to nappy when I'm having a few beers and these handle brilliantly for large gushes. They still sold on nappies R us in the UK. I know they recently had some distribution problems and they were hard to get hold off.

The email I got said only the mediums were going away, and I checked and the mediums are gone but the large is still there ( better hurry ) I see xp medical is in the two day shipping range for me. anyone deal with them? can I trust them? I would like to try the xp 5000 anyone know how they compare to better dry? Thanks for any advice you can give.

On 3/16/2023 at 11:49 AM, dmavn said:

@dmavn

Northshore sometimes will DISCONTINUE products that they stock.  This happens when they decide that it is time to make a change:  This has happened to me at least twice.  The first time, it was due to changes with disposal bags, and that is because Northshore makes their own products.  When that happens, the product they stock previously is discontinued.

The Second time this happened, it was when I was getting Garywear Diaper Covers, and they were being stocked by Northshore.  They then started making the Northshore Trifecta Diaper Cover, which is Northshore Brand, so they don't have to stock the Garywear products. 

They also can decide to not CARRY a product, and that is a decision made by Northshore.  This may be due to cost, or other factors.  They also may be unable to carry a product because they cannot get it anymore.  Betterdry 24/7 being discontinued by the manufacturer would be something that would be a decision of the manufacturer, but just because you can't get a product from a supplier does NOT mean that it is necessarily discontinued.

I am not sure whether Manufacturers send out info on products discontinued, but They do stop making specific products from time to time, and most times, they say the old product has discontinued, and has been replaced with a "New and Improved" product, so that is the reason mostlikely why the decision is made.

Brian

Yep, I'm on autoship for Megamaxes from NSC, but I get some BetterDrys from time to time (along with other stuff) from llmedico.    Usually I think about restocking when they send me the email saying I've got a few bucks in frequent flyer credits accumulated.

6 hours ago, wetbedmo said:

The email I got said only the mediums were going away, and I checked and the mediums are gone but the large is still there ( better hurry ) I see xp medical is in the two day shipping range for me. anyone deal with them? can I trust them? I would like to try the xp 5000 anyone know how they compare to better dry? Thanks for any advice you can give.

I have ordered quite a bit from XP Medical. I am a big fan of their 2xl boosters. They are not the same company that they were before the buyout a few years ago but still definitely trustworthy and the times that I had issues (many of my own making) they have been pleasant and quick to resolve the issues.

As for the XP 5000. I tried them when they first came out and had my own misgivings. BUT there have been additional changes since then. The YT Channel "Real  World Incontinence" did a review of them.

XP Medical gets a solid A- from me. Something to watch out for is they added a supply chain fee last year sometime that does not show up until checkout. It is $2 or $3 iirc. Not much but factor it into your cost/unit when ordering or comparing prices.

9 hours ago, wetbedmo said:

I have used XP Medical since 2018.

Their customer service is fast, responsive, and accurate. Agents are kind, accurate and good natured (playful if you approach it that way.

They contact me when necessary and don't increase prices without notification. This is a top rate company as far as I'm concerned.

Thank you: I will give them a try, I now remember about the buyout as daq said and that is what I was wondering about, But I guess any company will be a little unstable after a buyout. I am glad to here they are a good company. Thanks.

On 3/19/2023 at 6:29 AM, wetbedmo said:

Thank you: I will give them a try, I now remember about the buyout as daq said and that is what I was wondering about, But I guess any company will be a little unstable after a buyout. I am glad to here they are a good company. Thanks.

I only mean that it was the founder working everything before and now it is definitely more corporate but they have been extremely professional and compassionate when I have talked to them.

For example late last year I intended to order 2 cases of the 2xl boosters and when I signed in it doubled my order (the two in my cart and the two in my saved cart). I didn't notice until after I completed my order. I was able to email right after and they corrected my order.

• 1 month later...

If I'm on northshore's site, it's to buy northshore products anyway. Megamax is the only thing I wear anyway. I'd love to see them come out with some new stuff though. Like a cloth style 8-12 hour diaper with a landing zone for hook and loop tapes, offered in multiple colors and adult designed patterns. A series of plastic pants that come in different colors and designs that are also cloth style to the touch. A few new colors and patterns for megamax wouldn't hurt. As for betterdry, I've only heard good things. Just never felt compelled to try them when MM cost a little less and offer more features.

• 4 months later...