LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Do you remember the first picture of an adult in diapers?

I do remember well and I did a quick google search and miraculously found it. It was way back in the '70s or maybe early '80s, long before the internet. I came across the picture while reading a women's magazine in a moment of utter boredom during a holiday I spent with a friend from school and his parents. I remember my ears and cheeks almost glowing with excitement. I secretly tore the page out of the magazine and kept it in my private stuff at home for years. Needless to say what it has been used for in the years since.

So here it is. It is an advertisement in Dutch for a new baby diaper that, according to the manufacturer, was much more comfortable (breathable) for babies to wear than the conventional diaper systems of the time. Some of the headlines are missing, but to the best of my memory the translation of the full headlines of the ad reads: If you were a baby, would you prefer diapers with plastic or with breathable cloth?

42FBBC55-71D0-405D-ADB1-63F574044B60.jpeg.b3bddb1a9ec89b51f77cc11c854da5ae.jpeg

Fun fact, the manufacturer of this diaper was Mölnlycke that later became the producer of the Tena diapers. The diaper from the add never became the succes they obviously hoped for. 

• Like 1

For me, i think it was an ad in the Penthouse Letters magazine.  It was a detaied drawing or sketch of a good looking young woman down on her hands and knees and all she was wearing was a thick pinned on cloth diaper.  it blew my mind!  Thar was around 1985 I think.

• Like 1

That is a trip down memory lane indeed. I do remember the ad and I do remember they even showed in the commercials, I flipped over backwards the first time I saw it. The one thing it made me realize there were plastic pants on the market that would fit larger kids and grownups. As for the question in the ad I would go for plastic pants any time, but that is just me. Nice to see it once again it faded into the background over the years.

• Like 1

@dlnoir I agree, plastic pants are crucial for managing incontinence. 

1 hour ago, dlnoir said:

I do remember the add and I do remember they even showed in the commercials, I flipped over backwards the first time I saw it.

Yes, I remember that as well. All the adult girls in plastic diapers were crawling or sitting on the floor as if they were real babies and the adult girl in the T-diaper and cloth cover pants was walking elegantly amongst them. 

12 minutes ago, dlnoir said:

Nice find dlnoir, although I didn't really like the message behind it. ?

• Like 1

This really depends upon how you want to define "adult in diapers." 

The cartoon The Flintstones had both Fred and Barney appear in diapers. Bugs Bunny appeared in diapers several times. In I Dream of Jeannie Roger was once regressed into a baby. 

Most likely it was either a variety show like The Carol Burnett Show, or Let's Make a Deal, both of which would have been more of a costume than a real diaper. All of these would have been in the early '70s.

• Like 1

I have to say it was the late 1960's or early 1970's when the big Sears Catalog had a section for people with incontinence (before they came out with their separate specialty medical catalog years later).  There were pictures of adults modeling the products and I do remember seeing them wearing waterproof pants and wishing I had some.  Not sure if I remember them wearing the cloth diapers but I'm sure they did.  Probably some of those images floating around on the internet but I did a quick Google search and didn't see any.

• Like 2

1990: sighted the cover of an early ABDL publication "Nappy line" featuring a terry-nappy-plastic-pants-and-bonnet clad guy with a rather incongruous mustache in a dodgy bookshop in Eversholt St, London NW1.  It was (for me) the first piece of photographic evidence that ABDL was a "thing" although I'd seen stories and letters in Forum magazine.

Rubber Life magazine, back in the mid 1970s.  Found in a dodgy back street magazine shop somewhere.  I kept that first copy for many years, hidden in various places.  It went in a purge cycle a long time ago.

Mine was a magazine I found in a sex shop in Soho London circa 1968. I was so excited, there was a man being put into a nappy by this ‘motherly’ looking woman. My absolute dream at the time!. So the search was on for more printed material (very much pre-internet times) I cannot remember when I found ‘Wetset’ magazine from Australia, it was probably many years later.

For me it was an article about adult babies in a Penthouse magazine in the early 80’s and it had black and white pictures of a couple dressed in cloth diapers and plastic pants in various poses (sucking their thumbs, crawling, drinking from a baby bottle etc. ). 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I found the other half of the advertisement that showed the first picture of an adult in diapers that I remember. It took me a while to put the two halves together as they had different colors and sizes, but here it is....

C029378C-0DF5-4B35-B43E-CABC91E4D648.thumb.jpeg.efd8a0dd69e45eb6416967836e0f5c5c.jpeg

Oh and by the way I was almost right about the missing part of the headlines and its translation. Google translate machine gave me:

If you were a baby what would you choose: sultry plastic or breathable fabric? Let me know whether or not sultry plastic is correct, I think damp or sweaty plastic would make more sense. Anyway you get the point.