LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Any “Old-School” ABDL’s from the early 1990’s still active?

Hey all,

Just wondering if any of the older members were around during the early days of the “CompuServe” forum and the DPF (Diaper Pail Friends) years?  I was.  Have some fond memories from meeting fellow ABDL’s in person back then.  We had a group that met in Florida.  I also went to San Francisco to meet some folks at Tommy’s.  

• Like 2

DPF was on CompuServe. I was not

And I do not think you are "old school" unless you were in cloth diapers and rubber panties in their heyday

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm still here...but I didn't have Compuserve here in Canada.  It wasn't until I discovered Usenet newsgroups that I thought anyone else was into diapers.  The 90's was an enlightening time for me.

• Like 2

I was on the CompuServe HSX forums groups back in the late eighties.

I then too switched to alt.sex.fetish.diapers on usenet using a anonymous account at a local ISP.  Amusingly, a long time friend who was a principal in the ISP turned out to be an AB as well and caught my alter ego.

• Like 2

I was lr@digex.net (my compuserve acct was just numbers).     I published a few stories there, some of which got plagiarized all over the internet (in some large part to the pedo [That site]).   I caught someone actually posting one story under their own name as author on ADISC (thankfully moo stomped on him quickly) and another time I saw it posted as a "true story" on expierience.com.

• Like 1

Yep. I was on Compuserve. Section 7 had an AB board. I also had a rented PO Box so I could get the DPF newsletter. I couldn't have it show up at my front door back then.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reminders...  Yes, it was CompuServe HSX Section 7's AB board.  Got to know several others and we eventually met in real life for small AB get-togethers in Florida, and once, in San Francisco (at Tommy and Marky's house).  Yes, I still wear both disposables (although now they have bona-fide ABDL print diapers, which are great), and cloth with plastic pants.  I wasn't into the rubber pants.  I had a couple of long-term relationships with ladies, who knew about this fetish.  They were accommodating at times, but not into it themselves.  Those didn't work out mostly because they wanted children, and I did not.  So, I live alone now.    

• Like 2

DPF here back in the day where you waited for 2 months for your next printed newsletter to arrive by snail mail, along with a reply from any member you contacted via a letter in an envelope dropped in the USPS box!

• Like 3

It was in the 90s when I found out I wasn’t the only one that liked (loved) diapers and baby things. It was a very enlightening time for me. DPF was one of the first sites diaper sites I found on this new thing called the internet. I couldn’t believe that I wasn’t alone in this desire. I thought I was a freak and that no one else would ever understand my feelings. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I ran the HSX board on CompuServe for a bit....

It was where I first learned there were others.

To this day, I can remember that initial post that I read and how it impacted me.

Up until then, I thought I was all alone....a single "freak" of nature.

• Like 3

I did not do the DPF snail mail stuff as I had not yet realized there was a larger world out there than Penthouse Letters.   Once I had access to the internet, though, I spent too much time at DPF and many others including alt.sex.fetish diapers.  I recognize some of those names here!  

3 hours ago, Wetpants said:

I ran the HSX board on CompuServe for a bit....

Herbie, Howie?   Something like that?    It's been a long time.   I was on HSX200 as well.

I used to get the snail mail DPF newsletter every other month and there was a second one that came in the month's in between but I can't remember the title of it. Getting that brown envelope in the mail was always something I waited for. Like others it meant I wasn't the only one.

• Like 2

I must be old school in that i was playing in makeshift diapers in the 1950s.  I did discover DPF when I got internet with a slow dial up connection probably circa 1988.  That blew my mind.  Never got the newsletter. 

• Like 1

Yes, an early internet user here too. I was on DPF way back then. I never new DPF (snail mail news letter) prior to the internet, unfortunately. I wish I had. Remembering the days of, clicking a download, or just a large page, and leaving the room to do something else in the mean time. Oh, this page is starting to load, I’ll vacuum the house, should almost be fully loaded by then. ? 

GET OFF THE PHONE, I NEED TO USE THE COMPUTER! ?

26B7140E-73B1-45D1-97BB-180FAAE7E599.jpegAC3C0686-5F90-4403-9E5D-BFE5F05946B0.jpeg

• Thanks 3

Well....not the '90's, but I guess I can be a grad of the "old school", since I didn't get 'on line' internet until around June 2000. Spent time on the Wetset boards, and discovered DPF.. And as others have stated, I was in SHOCK when I found others were like me, and that I was'nt alone in my.....'wierdness'. Back then, dial up was your (make believe) friend...but it was all I had...

So I am about 10 years behind the more 'adventuours' of the rest of you....but thats ok....we all move at our own speeds..

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Kapelmeister said:

I had to laugh at the title "Old School" from the 90's.  I was into it in the 70's before any internet. I'd get the DPF newsletter snail mail.  Now that's OLD school.

Yep, me too.  And occasionally there was something in Forum magazine.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, AbabeBill said:

Yes, an early internet user here too. I was on DPF way back then. I never new DPF (snail mail news letter) prior to the internet, unfortunately. I wish I had. Remembering the days of, clicking a download, or just a large page, and leaving the room to do something else in the mean time. Oh, this page is starting to load, I’ll vacuum the house, should almost be fully loaded by then. ? 

GET OFF THE PHONE, I NEED TO USE THE COMPUTER! ?

26B7140E-73B1-45D1-97BB-180FAAE7E599.jpegAC3C0686-5F90-4403-9E5D-BFE5F05946B0.jpeg

WOW!  An acoustic coupler!  I heard that those babies were good for 300bps if everybody nearby was quiet!

• Like 1

I came across DPF in the early 2000’s when I was starting to search the internet for diapers.   Like many others, DPF allowed me to realize I was not alone or an enigma, there were others who enjoyed diapers.   It was a big weight off my shoulders as I realized this and it really helped in my still continuing journey to accept myself.  I did join but I was not active at that time.   I found this site in the mid-2000’s and it has been my little home since.  

I often wonder how my life would have been different if I discovered other ABDL’s or the community earlier in my life. 

Joey

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, oznl said:

WOW!  An acoustic coupler!  I heard that those babies were good for 300bps if everybody nearby was quiet!

I used to use one of those to provide technical support from home in emergencies.  Happy days...

• Like 1