LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bambino's prices have went up

They seem to be compensating for it via running sales. I just ordered some at 20% off; normally Bambino products are only a novelty for me, not something I would wear day-to-day, because of their landed cost where I am (Canada). Between buying in USD and shipping them, they end up costing $5 a diaper. However, with the latest sale price, and an unexpectedly not-egregious shipping quote, I managed to buy a case of them for about $3 CAD per piece, which puts them in the range of what I pay for Rearz and Northshore products, both of which I can order within Canada. I've always liked them, I just couldn't afford to wear them frequently, but at least for the moment, that has changed. (I bought the Skooldoodles.)

5 hours ago, DailyDi said:

Not too bad an increase considering how much raw materials and shipping are up.

I agree.  Look around you.  The price of everything has gone up and you can't just blame the current administration.  We aren't the only country suffering from high inflation right now and world events like what's happening in Ukraine doesn't help at all.  It's just another price we have to take into consideration if we want to keep wearing diapers, same as the cost of other entertainment or essentials.  Not a lot we can do about it.

• Like 1

Inflations been a bitch in everything, so I'm not surprised companies had to raise their prices. One of my relatives works in the food industry and their employer has had to raise customer prices because the cost of ingredients as doubled and tripled. 

I haven't ordered bambinos in....ages and ages. I do like their diapers, but I've found Northshore diapers like the Megamax to be more budget friendly, plus they come in fun colors like tie dye so you can have a fun selection of color without the babyish prints for wearing out and about. (though baby prints are totally cute and awesome but I like them more for at-home diapers)

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

They seem to be compensating for it via running sales. I just ordered some at 20% off;

Exactly this.... seems like I'm getting an email ad every week for 20, 25, 35% off this year so far.  You should get these if you've purchased from them before.  If I weren't already so overstocked, I would have taken them up the 35% off sale last week!  (only on selected items of course)

Another way to get the sale info is to watch their twitter feed (though it's nowhere near as reliable as just being on their email list).   Possibly because many times I believe they're just targeting existing customers.

3 hours ago, rusty pins said:

I agree.  Look around you.  The price of everything has gone up and you can't just blame the current administration. 

Needed some 10/2 copper wire for a new outlet in my garage.  A 15 ft roll was $50!  I think that's nearly double what I recall, but easily 50% higher. 

• Like 1

As many economists predicted last year prices will go up , product shrikflation will happen and then  manufactures Will price gouging is going to cause some stores to close permananently because stores can’t compete , so stores will either run completely crazy loss leader promotions and have to give away a ton of merch to freebies to try and stay in business (retail is caught between manufactures being greedy and exploitative and average folk cutting expenses and tightening budgets , the retailers can’t absorb the loses   , people all over the globe are short on cash , so prying some of that loose for recreational spending is going to be tough , there will eventually be a financial consolidation of previously profitable business , like ABDL only diaper companies , don’t have medical users to backstop the declining sales because they cater to a disposable income crowd lifestyle . It will get uglier before this gets ironed out with winners and losers in retail apocalypse . 

On 5/5/2022 at 1:24 PM, Cruiser 03 said:

As many economists predicted last year prices will go up

In my personal opinion they don't need to predict as it is all planned.

On 5/5/2022 at 3:21 AM, Little Sherri said:

They seem to be compensating for it via running sales. I just ordered some at 20% off; normally Bambino products are only a novelty for me, not something I would wear day-to-day, because of their landed cost where I am (Canada). Between buying in USD and shipping them, they end up costing $5 a diaper. However, with the latest sale price, and an unexpectedly not-egregious shipping quote, I managed to buy a case of them for about $3 CAD per piece, which puts them in the range of what I pay for Rearz and Northshore products, both of which I can order within Canada. I've always liked them, I just couldn't afford to wear them frequently, but at least for the moment, that has changed. (I bought the Skooldoodles.)

Increasing prices and using temporary discounts (sales) to offset the increase is a known retail strategy.  The idea is that you'll "keep" your frugal customers who will wait for the sales to roll around but make upside with less frugal customers who'll simply wear the increase and order anyway.

I believe there's also some psychology around getting people "used" to higher prices slowly by using sales to blur the transition.

Standby for "shrink-flation" (already rampant here).  Same price, less product.   Packets of 12 diapers go back to 10 for the same $, that sort of thing...

That's already happening here. A "sharing-sized" bag of chips (crisps...) has gone from 200 grams in many cases, to 150 grams, though it's the same size, but contains more air, and, they're routinely $5 CAD, where they used to be $3 on average. And chocolate bars have gone bananas... a small one is $2 unless you buy it in a multi-pack. $2 used to get you the big one. Although it did afford me the justification to buy a UK Dairy Milk, because it was the same price as the ones made in the US, and the UK version is far superior. Do you have that phenomenon in Australia, @oznl? There are some confectionary products where the UK and/or Canadian made version uses cane sugar and, I don't know, more cow byproducts or something, and they have a better taste to them than the American equivalents. I have several friends who have moved to the US and who implore me to bring them either Canadian chocolate, or, chocolate from the UK, because the US ones are often made with corn sweeteners and milk from cows that drink light beer. 

I'm curious as to what Rearz is going to proffer for their upcoming warehouse sale. They used to have some compelling deals, cases of Lil' Monsters for $60 (~$1.67 CAD per diaper), things like that. I used to buy 3 or 4 cases and wish I'd bought 8, but for the fact that the arrival of 8 boxes of diapers would be difficult to conceal. I'd have to build another shed or something. 

41 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

it did afford me the justification to buy a UK Dairy Milk, because it was the same price as the ones made in the US, and the UK version is far superior. Do you have that phenomenon in Australia, @oznl? There are some confectionary products where the UK and/or Canadian made version uses cane sugar and, I don't know, more cow byproducts or something, and they have a better taste to them than the American equivalents. I have several friends who have moved to the US and who implore me to bring them either Canadian chocolate, or, chocolate from the UK, because the US ones are often made with corn sweeteners and milk from cows that drink light beer.

I lived in the UK for a number of years and agree that UK chocolate is pretty good.  Try a Yorkie Bar if you can find them.  Australian chocolate is (imho) better tasting than US brands BUT not as good as the UK (or indeed a number of European countries who are pretty good at the stuff).  There's a reason for that.  I've been told that Australian chocolate has stabilisers added to it to make it easier to ship, store and sell in warm and hot climates.  It affects the taste and consistency slightly.  It's true that UK chocolate over here has a very short shelf life.

Canada must be ok.  Somehow there is Tim Horton drinking chocolate in our pantry: one of the kids fell in love with it over there and imports it at doubtless-extravagant expense.

I never understood the attraction to Hersheys.  I've tried...

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

A five dollar can of beans at the dollar a can of beans isn't to far off after speaking with a farmer the other day about their cost increase this year when he was buying some vidya at the shop.

Tykables hasn't seen an increase thankfully.

• 2 months later...
On 5/7/2022 at 3:54 AM, dlnoir said:

In my personal opinion they don't need to predict as it is all planned.

People didn't respond to reason regarding the state of our climate and consumerism so a different approach was obviously necessary.