LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How do you usually check the wetness of your diaper?

How do you usually check the wetness of your diaper?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. How do you usually check the wetness of your diaper?

• I can feel it just wearing it.
    • I check the wetness indicator or the outside of the diaper (so I have to be undressed)
    • I press the diaper at the front
    • I press the diaper at the butt
    • I look at my crotch or butt (in the mirror) and check the size of the bulge.
    • I wait until I feel the diaper starts leaking
    • Other, please explain.

If you use your diaper for what it is made for, there will be a time that you need to change it. How do you check its wetness to determine wether or not it is time for a fresh one? 

I am always wearing plastic pants which makes it a little harder to feel how wet the diaper exactly is. In plastic pants there is always this damp atmosphere due to the closed system it creates. So most of the times I have to press from the outside where the diaper covers my butt to check the soggyness. Being a boy I am always wet at the front so the butt side gives me the best indication of my diapered situation. 

I have to be very careful doing this when I am out in public. I think with this kind of action you easily reveal that you are wearing a diaper. Who else but diaper wearers press their asses like that? At the same time, it also adds to the excitement of wearing a diaper in public.

How do you guys or girls check the wetness of your diaper?

I use diaper suspenders so the increased weight I can feel on my shoulders. But I always change 3 times in a 24 hour period at the exact same time (generally). I’ve got it timed when diapers reach a limit.

Since I am in thick cloth diapers,, the best way to know if it time to change out is if the side, rather than the front, of the diaper is wet wet by lifting my skrit/babydoll and putting my hand btween the innermost rubber panty and the diaper, or by pitting my hand under the side or back of the "rubber diaper" under the cloth one, which keeps me dry much longer by being a waterproof barrier between the wet cloth diaper and most of my chastity area with  a bit of the crotch taken out between the legs to let the pee get into the cloth diaper and spread along it Or if that liner starts to become sticky , meaning the inside of it is wet. To understand this, see the album on putting a dry diaper on. This is usually 18 to 24 hours after being put in the Full BabyDoll diaper

11 minutes ago, incondl said:

I use diaper suspenders so the increased weight I can feel on my shoulders. But I always change 3 times in a 24 hour period at the exact same time (generally). I’ve got it timed when diapers reach a limit.

Diaper suspenders? Never heard of it. Where did you get them?

@cathdiap

The easiest  way to see if you have a wet diaper, or if your diaper is wet, is to feel the diaper itself. The diaper can be extremely big, just like a mega max that is being used, or the diaper Can be a little damp, or you can feel the wetness between the diaper and your outer layer. Additionally, there are times when you’re out earlier can absorb liquid from your diaper, so you can tell something is wet, such as when your Garywear is damp.

I have had a situation where I take the Garywear down, And  it is damp, in the back of my diaper, is soaked. Then I will change the diaper, because all that will result is that you will continue to fill it with liquid, and then it will eventually start leaking. If it gets to that point it’s no fun to have on anymore.

Brian

35 minutes ago, Little Christine said:

To understand this, see the album on putting a dry diaper on. This is usually 18 to 24 hours after being put in the Full BabyDoll diaper

I checked your album, I have to say your diaper system is very unique. Did you develop it yourself? 

I use more than one method however for the most part I can feel how wet my diaper is just by wearing it. The other method I use is to press the rear of my diaper, as soon as the wetness reaches the top of the back panel it is time to change.

2 hours ago, cathdiap said:

I checked your album, I have to say your diaper system is very unique. Did you develop it yourself? 

If you read each individual entry, you would see a link to the album that dewribes the making of such diapers I did not invent them They go back to 1951

I always wear until I start to slightly leak. No wasting diapers for me. The only exception is if I mess before I have to be somewhere or I am already out somewhere.

• Like 1

multiple ways, honestly.

i check the bulge, front and back, feel how squishy the diaper is (usually the squishier it is, the closer changing time is), the sag and heft as i get up and walk around, of course leaking (which hasn't happened in a long time **knock on wood** and i hate it when it happens), and how far apart my legs are pushed lol

• Like 2

So I’m two years into wearing diapers in the daytime, and probably 10 into wetting the bed. I actually find myself going to the bathroom for a visual check if I’m worried about how much more it can hold. Otherwise I’m mildly good at going off bulk. I wear megamax to work and most days and they bulk up quickly when wet.

glad I’m not the only one who questions how wet they actually are…

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Little Christine said:

I did not invent them They go back to 1951

That's pretty old school Christine. ?

11 hours ago, dlnoir said:

The other method I use is to press the rear of my diaper, as soon as the wetness reaches the top of the back panel it is time to change.

This only happens when I am in bed. During daytime I will start leaking before the wetness reaches the top on the backside of my diaper. What's your secret that you manage to use your diaper that well? 

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, SunOfSheep said:

glad I’m not the only one who questions how wet they actually are…

I think it is essential for diaper users to share their experiences regarding timely changing. ?

Leaks are a big no no..... ?

9 hours ago, Ginger said:

I always wear until I start to slightly leak. 

Even when you're out in public? 

• Like 1

Mostly I use time-based nappy changes.  Obviously a leak might change things a bit but generally speaking, I know how long a given nappy should last on me.

15 hours ago, DailyDi said:

The weight/sag of the diaper lets me know.

Me too.  Mind you, times are usually pretty predictable as most of the time I've got the same routine. Just one daytime change, typically around 4pm.  It can be as early as 2, in which case I use an extra soaker to get me through the rest of the day.  My other changes are after breakfast and at bedtime, to change out of and into my overnight terry nappy.

2 hours ago, oznl said:

Mostly I use time-based nappy changes.  Obviously a leak might change things a bit but generally speaking, I know how long a given nappy should last on me.

Same here. 

At some point after the initial wetting how it feels just doesn't change much. So generally I've stuck with time-based changes. 

Only exception is when I can feel my butt is wet. But, I try to avoid this as generally this is when a leak can occur so I try to plan changes before that.

4 hours ago, cathdiap said:

That's pretty old school Christine. ?

Well, have you looked at my profile or any of my posts or RUBBER PANTIES'R'US? When I was an infant the peach pink rubber panties were still top sellers and prefolds were not yet invented. I was out of diapers by 1949

2 hours ago, Kif said:

Only exception is when I can feel my butt is wet. But, I try to avoid this as generally this is when a leak can occur so I try to plan changes before that.

?LOL, yes...  Feeling that your butt is is wet is deffo a warning!

• Haha 1

As a bed wetter waking during the night I often wonder “have I wet yes/no?”  Checking the front for “bulging” generally tells the story.  When not clear slip my hand inside for a definitive answer.  I do this out of curiosity, not for changing.  It’s been years since I’ve changed during the night.

On 4/25/2022 at 7:57 AM, cathdiap said:

This only happens when I am in bed. During daytime I will start leaking before the wetness reaches the top on the backside of my diaper. What's your secret that you manage to use your diaper that well? 

There is no secret. I don’t like disposable diapers as it comes to the way they look and feel, however they are just about mandatory in the way I live my life so had to come up with some sort of solution that works for me. On the plus side disposable diapers do a fairly good job holding in fluids I do have to admit. I do not flood my diaper so there is plenty of time to distribute urine which helps a lot. In order to get the look and feel I do like, I always put a very thin cloth diaper over the disposable diaper and some snug fitting plastic pants. Works in multiple ways, I get the look and feel I prefer, I can push the limits of the disposable diaper and last if the disposable starts to leak (happens quits a bit) it will still be contained. In all honesty, without the thin cloth diaper and plastic pants there is no way I would push the capacity of my diaper as far as I do.

• 2 weeks later...