LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Anyone else prefer medical diapers?

22 hours ago, rusty pins said:

LOL!  I see that you are 35 years old.  Tie-Dye diapers and, "pretty groovy"?  C'mon!  I bet you're really an old fart who knew Timothy Leary, Bob Dylan and had huge bell bottom pants too!

1960s Flower Power Hippie PNG, Clipart, 1960s, Art, Artwork, Clip Art, Concert Hall Free PNG Download (imgbin.com)

Again, to the person I "confused" in my prior post, in the 1960's (probably well before your time and the reason you are confused), people went around with tie dyed shirts, big bell bottom pants, held up the first 2 fingers of their hands in a "peace" symbol and said "Groovy" all the time.  Dr. Timothy Leary was a drug guru (look that term up too while you're at it) and advocated LSD, Turn On, Tune In and Drop Out.  That was the era of hippies and flower power.  Bob Dylan wrote and sang protest songs about the Vietnam war.  Look it all up on the internet.  Google it, educate yourself and then you won't be so confused anymore.  

I prefer white diapers or the blue ones from NorthShore. This since I’ve been having incontinence issues. For whatever reason. Part is that I don’t want people seeing prints when I throw them in the trash, even with a cover. 

On 3/3/2022 at 5:47 PM, rusty pins said:

LOL!  I see that you are 35 years old.  Tie-Dye diapers and, "pretty groovy"?  C'mon!  I bet you're really an old fart who knew Timothy Leary, Bob Dylan and had huge bell bottom pants too!

1960s Flower Power Hippie PNG, Clipart, 1960s, Art, Artwork, Clip Art, Concert Hall Free PNG Download (imgbin.com)

actually, yes, you got me, rusty. i'm not 35. i'm 36! :D i'll be 37 this autumn

somehow and some reason i went through a bit of a 60s phase for a couple years in high school listening to the music, making a few tie-dye shirts here and there, basically what was called a "poser" lol. i still showered, didn't have long hair, didn't smoke pot (and still don't), and all that good stuff. then as time progressed, i progressed to classic rock, and left most of the 60s behind

I'm beginning to fall out of love with the ABDL diapers myself..  at this point I want functional and thick crinkly ABDL diapers aren't it. I loved the Rearz Splash but I've noticed they smell bad when they get wet now and I've had them leak a time or two when wearing at night. So I'm over them. Give me Abenas or North Shore Supreme anytime. 

For someone doing incontinence training confidence in a diaper is a must. My main diaper is BetterDry but since I'm not 24/7 I put in a booster and flood them when I get to wear. I'm pretty sure if I went 24/7 I could almost get by on one diaper per day. Since I usually don't drink a lot of water I think it could be done. The North Shore Supreme or Abenas would be a very good choice for you. Good luck!

• Like 2

I think a lot of this may be age related.  The younger folks here most likely grew up in tha age of Pampers and Goodnites with all kinds of prints on them, and therefor are used to diapers and Goodnites with prints and probably gravitate towards AB printed diapers.  Those over the 45 year mark most likely were diapered as babies in plain white Pampers, Kimbies, Huggies or white cloth diapers and plastic pants.  Simple fact is people tend to gravitate towards things they are familiar with and grew up with.  Older folks, plain white diapers.  Younger folks, baby print diapers.

• Like 4
On 2/22/2022 at 1:09 PM, Enthusi said:

Unpopular opinion?  I’m guessing I’m in the minority here but for the most part I gravitate towards medical diapers, especially white ones.  There are 3  reasons why: 

1. I feel that printed ABDL designs are superfluous when you wear 24/7 and the vast majority of time no one else sees your diaper.   Why would I pay for something I don’t need?  (Even if the costs are nearly identical).   

2. Most ABDL printed diapers are premium cost and quality. There are a lot of times when I only need a diaper to last 4-5 hours.

3.   I can’t help but associate printed diapers with the casual ABDL crowd who enjoy wearing diapers but don’t want to be 24/7 or diaper dependent.  

I do own a small collection of ABDL diapers. Though I mostly save them for special events and times I want to feel little.   I also get that ABDL diapers may actually be a better value when you consider their absorbency. I also get that lots of vanillas wear “sexy underwear” that no one else will see because it makes them feel good.    And lastly, Northshore’s line of printed non-ABDL diapers blurs the line.   So yeah, it’s not binary.  

That said, give me a nice clean BetterDry and I’m content. 

Can't agree more! 

• Like 1
On 3/14/2022 at 9:04 PM, rusty pins said:

Simple fact is people tend to gravitate towards things they are familiar with and grew up with.  Older folks, plain white diapers.  Younger folks, baby print diapers.

I agree with this, although I kind of have a leg in both camps, because I grew up in exactly what @rusty pinsdescribes - plain white diapers. However, printed diapers started hitting the market right when I stopped having to sleep in, and stopped fitting in, diapers, so I used to wander down the diaper aisle at the supermarket at 11 and 12 years old, longingly staring at the new printed versions of Pampers and Huggies and Luvs, that nobody would buy for me. 

So now, I'm lucky enough to be perfectly happy in a plain white diaper, and, I also love my printed diapers, because as a kid I could never have them. I split my week between them, and my diaper inventory is probably 50/50 as well. 

• Like 1

@rusty pins  I agree to some extent that our preferences in diapers are tied to when we were little. I grew up in the  80’s and although I don’t remember wearing diapers as a toddler, they probably would’ve been white or blue (if they had gender specific diapers in the early 80’s, which was a thing for a while.) 

That said, I don’t think that’s the reason I prefer white medical diapers. Instead the emphasis is on the medical portion.  I think it serves to reinforce that my bladder control issues are real and just as legitimate as anyone else who needs to wear diapers. 

• Like 2
On 3/17/2022 at 9:21 PM, Enthusi said:

@rusty pins  I agree to some extent that our preferences in diapers are tied to when we were little. I grew up in the  80’s and although I don’t remember wearing diapers as a toddler, they probably would’ve been white or blue (if they had gender specific diapers in the early 80’s, which was a thing for a while.)

I think there's quite a bit of truth in this: being a child of the 60s, I used cloth nappies and plastic pants, although I don't remember anything about them.  I didn't encounter disposables until I actively started looking for adult diapers in my late teens and early 20s.  They were fairly low quality then, with very little choice and all medical - the ABDL diaper was a long way from being a thing.  Nevertheless, my preference now is for medical diapers and I always wear a cloth nappy and plastic pants at night unless I'm away from home - those early associations have well and truly stuck.

I rarely buy ABDL diapers as I don't really go for the ABish patterns (I've got some tykables cammies and still got a few tykables p-leather diapers but I bought those precisely because they weren't very ABish).  Also, wearing 24/7, ABDL diapers are just too expensive; medical diapers like Betterdry, Drylife and Tena suit me just fine and feel like a lot better value; they do the job really well and, if I need a bit more capacity, I just add a booster ?

On 3/17/2022 at 10:09 AM, Little Sherri said:

I agree with this, although I kind of have a leg in both camps, because I grew up in exactly what @rusty pinsdescribes - plain white diapers. However, printed diapers started hitting the market right when I stopped having to sleep in, and stopped fitting in, diapers, so I used to wander down the diaper aisle at the supermarket at 11 and 12 years old, longingly staring at the new printed versions of Pampers and Huggies and Luvs, that nobody would buy for me. 

So now, I'm lucky enough to be perfectly happy in a plain white diaper, and, I also love my printed diapers, because as a kid I could never have them. I split my week between them, and my diaper inventory is probably 50/50 as well. 

The medical whites for my level were the first on the shelf. Working up the chain from the original crappy Depends belted garments. I had gone up the successive ladder and landed on  XP Medical when HDIS went to hell. So for me, the latest and best at the time were the Dry 24/7's. Just for the hell of it,I ordered some Crinclz from Northshore and really like them. They're my favorite, but the Dry's still win as they are, by far, the most economical. I'd switch to Megamax, but they're about twice the price. The cheap ones wns!!!

So I've been doing this for over 20 years. Megamax are the perfect all around diaper. Absorbent enough for overnight, but thin enough for daytime/work. Also fills the gap between abdl and DL. Hope they expand on their adult prints at some point. I'm burned out on tie dye.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, PlstkBakdnghtnday said:

So I've been doing this for over 20 years. Megamax are the perfect all around diaper. Absorbent enough for overnight, but thin enough for daytime/work. Also fills the gap between abdl and DL. Hope they expand on their adult prints at some point. I'm burned out on tie dye.

Somehow the the idea that Northshore mega max are "thin enough for daytime" strikes me as rather odd. Megamax are 'huge' and swell up even bigger....thinking they are 'thin' is almost an oxymoron to me!! ??

Megamax are 'thin'.....compared to...... What???!!?? ??

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, square_duck said:

Somehow the the idea that Northshore mega max are "thin enough for daytime" strikes me as rather odd. Megamax are 'huge' and swell up even bigger....thinking they are 'thin' is almost an oxymoron to me!! ??

Megamax are 'thin'.....compared to...... What???!!?? ??

Compared to northshore premium that they outperform. Also every other diaper that I've tried that's either louder, bulkier, or hold less. If I want to go to work without changing all day then it can't wear something too much thinner

9 hours ago, PlstkBakdnghtnday said:

Also every other diaper that I've tried that's either louder, bulkier, or hold less. If I want to go to work without changing all day then it can't wear something too much thinner

I agree with @PlstkBakdnghtnday. Megamax's certainly aren't slim diapers, but they cut a good balance between capacity and bulk. Their medium size diapers are also cut a bit more generously than most other brands I've tried, so I can fit in a medium Megamax, whereas I generall wear large in most brands. These are a true all-day diaper for me; I can wear one for 8-10 hours. 

9 hours ago, square_duck said:

Megamax are 'thin'.....compared to...... What???!!??

Rearz Alpaca's or Mermaid Tales come time mind. Either of those have fantastic capacity, but I can't wear them out of the house, as they're too bulky. 

13 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

I agree with @PlstkBakdnghtnday. Megamax's certainly aren't slim diapers, but they cut a good balance between capacity and bulk. Their medium size diapers are also cut a bit more generously than most other brands I've tried, so I can fit in a medium Megamax, whereas I generall wear large in most brands. These are a true all-day diaper for me; I can wear one for 8-10 hours. 

Rearz Alpaca's or Mermaid Tales come time mind. Either of those have fantastic capacity, but I can't wear them out of the house, as they're too bulky. 

I didn't know that. Mega max's are the heaviest and bulkiest I have worn, short of cloth prefolds and plastic pants. I still have a couple left of the pack I ordered, but I don't see myself wearing them outside under my jeans or shorts!! Just "to" heavy duty, to feel comfortable and not self conscious ??

23 hours ago, PlstkBakdnghtnday said:

Somehow the idea that Megamax diapers are thin enough is an outlandish claim. Megamax diapers put anything that ABU, Tykables, Rearz and Abena's  put up against to shame. Megamax diapers are the kind that would make make an Abena look like a depend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Kawaharu said:

Somehow the idea that Megamax diapers are thin enough is an outlandish claim. Megamax diapers put anything that ABU, Tykables, Rearz and Abena's  put up against to shame. Megamax diapers are the kind that would make make an Abena look like a depend.

@Kawaharu

I would agree. ABDL diapers are designed for those who actually want to relive being younger, so they end up putting babyish patterns, or useful patterns on them. There are even some good diapers that are of this quality, that can be used as intended for those that are severely incontinent. For those companies that provide this type of a diaper, kudos to them, because that is the type of diaper that people understand that they need, especially if they have no control or if they want to use it to its fullest extent, For it’s intended purposes.

The mega max is the granddaddy/Cadillac of medical diapers, and they’re damn good at what they do. In my case, I’m not an AB, but I would want to have a diaper that has enough capacity to be able to handle what I’m throwing at it. Most people would agree that a diaper is white in color, so most diapers are made that color. The diaper that we grew up with in the 70s has no correlation to the diaper that is created today, because there is so many changes that have been made to the technology, and how it is made. No longer is it made out of plastic, or it is made out of so little plastic you wouldn’t know the difference. The plastic outer shell and the crinkle is gone, the absorbency is gone, the odor shield is gone, and it’s just not the same for those type of people who grow up and remember the smell of a brand new box of 70s or 80s Pampers or other diapers – in my case it was Pampers because I was born in 1972, and luvs Did not exist back then Did not exist back then – and I can guarantee you that if you were used to that smell and you were to be present in a box like that, opening it up would probably end up sending you in the orbit!?❤️?

nORTHSHORE company has the best diapers known and available that are still plastic backed.  They understand what a diaper actually is, and they know that the idea of a diaper is to allow for an individual to release everything that they’re holding. It is not designed to be like a bounty paper towel, it is designed for those who are severely incontinent, or those who have no control at all. A mega Max is the granddaddy to a NORTHSHORE supreme, which I did use prior to using the mega max. If you use a mega Max, and you use it, the thing will blow up like a balloon, and I can guarantee you that unless you severely flooded it out, That diaper would not be sin: it would make you look like you were two years old with a large white diaper and plastic around your waist – I am glad that NORTHSHORE makes these, and I hope to God they never stop making these, because what they have done has made so much sense, and they remember what a plastic diaper is.

@Kawaharu Is right: Abena when placed up against a mega max would be like equating Anabaena to a depend. No other diaper that I have ever seen in my entire adult life even compares to the quality, construction, and overall aesthetics. If you want a real diaper, then get the mega max, because I guarantee you they are built for exactly what they are intended for, severe incontinence. I wouldn’t trade my mega Max for $1 million.  The state may decide in their ultimate unwise cost cutting fortitude to stop covering the good stuff, but as long as I have a voice, I will have what I need when I need it, and I will not stop until I get what I need. Thank God for my home health agency, my case manager, my medical team, they are all on my side, and we all work together. The mega max is one of the best diapers made, and I don’t make that statement LIGHTLY!  If a Coast Guard cutter needed bullets for their 50 caliber guns, I bet you she would have fun if she could use wet mega maxes for the bullets! Those things would end up breaking windows he he he ???

whatever you do, @NorthShoreAdam PLEASE Keep making these awesome diapers! You’ve hit a homer when you made these, and other than one little glitch, when the manufacturing process was changed against your wishes, I am a really happy customer because these are actual true “incontinence diapers” it is one thing to want to have a diaper that is lightweight, it is quite another to have one that is not designed properly to be able to deal with what it releases. NORTHSHORE gets that, they know what a “diaper is“ unlike some of these other companies who refuse to make plastic bag products that are quality, because it is “too expensive/they only want the diaper to last two hours“ that is ludicrous and INSANE!  I get that people need lightweight stuff, and they might not want full on tabbed briefs, but hopefully companies will remember that they need to make quality product, otherwise people that are severely incontinent will be screwed!

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
Added additional information and Corrected Spelling
  • Like 1

When I got put back into diapers, my first diapers were Abena M-4's which was the standard for diapers back then and until Northshore Megamax diapers came on scene. ABDL diapers like Abena, Tykables, Bambino and try to make good diapers but they were in a league of their own and often times had a hit or miss with them. When Megamax diapers came along, I waited to see how they worked out and when I tried one for the first time, I was hooked and @NorthShoreAdam made a diaper that blew Abena, Tykables, Bambino, Depends, and Tranquality out of the water. It became the diaper of choice and my GO to diaper for daily wear. I still like ABU and Tykable diapers but I only wear them when I don't have to go anywhere outside of the house.

Diapers like Northshore's Megamax would basically put Abena, Depends and any medical diaper to shame. They would be the King of diapers and diapers I would fully back and trust because I know I can get a fully 12 hours out of them as oppose to Abena and Tykables. Which at the most would get me 8 hours and often would have to change due to the tapes failing on me. It's why in my case, I am slowly weaning away from ABDL diapers and my prefer diapers are from Northshore. I would say that @NorthShoreAdamhas created the ultimate diaper and nothing could ever top of what Northshore has create. I stand by the fact that NorthShore MegMax diaper would make an Abena look like a Depend and Abena would be the new depend diapers..

7 hours ago, ~Brian~ said:

nORTHSHORE company has the best diapers known and available that are still plastic backed.  They understand what a diaper actually is, and they know that the idea of a diaper is to allow for an individual to release everything that they’re holding. It is not designed to be like a bounty paper towel, it is designed for those who are severely incontinent, or those who have no control at all. A mega Max is the granddaddy to a NORTHSHORE supreme, which I did use prior to using the mega max. If you use a mega Max, and you use it, the thing will blow up like a balloon, and I can guarantee you that unless you severely flooded it out, That diaper would not be sin: it would make you look like you were two years old with a large white diaper and plastic around your waist – I am glad that NORTHSHORE makes these, and I hope to God they never stop making these, because what they have done has made so much sense, and they remember what a plastic diaper is.

That's why I am a huge fan of Northshore diapers. They are everything what a diaper should be and they allow me to live a normal life without ever having to worry about using the potty. I can go for a full 12 hours in them and not worry about leaking or pooping in them. Even with their boosters, I can go a full day and the only time I ever had to do a diaper change is if I leak, poop or flood them completely. Northshore diapers are like in the major league where as the ABDL diapers are in the minor league. It's also why I also promote Northshore diapers to my doctors and they even tell them to other patients as well.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, square_duck said:

Using wet mega max for ammo!!!??? Hate to try and figure out what caliber the bore on that sucker might come out to!! ??

@square_duck

not only that but they would have to probably make adjustments to the gun, because those are 50 caliber machine guns that are deck guns. If we started using diapers for ammunition you would have to end up making sure that whatever you are ejecting from them doesn’t catch fire because of long-term use over a long period of time, because I would assume those things get hot. I do stand by my claim that they can probably “break windows“ because they’re so heavy when you take them off. ?

20 hours ago, Moochie said:

I am wearing medical diapers more often lately with a Big Tots or Baby Your Doll Diaper Pants for some pizzas.

You wear diapers for pizzas!!???