LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Anyone else prefer medical diapers?

Unpopular opinion?  I’m guessing I’m in the minority here but for the most part I gravitate towards medical diapers, especially white ones.  There are 3  reasons why: 

1. I feel that printed ABDL designs are superfluous when you wear 24/7 and the vast majority of time no one else sees your diaper.   Why would I pay for something I don’t need?  (Even if the costs are nearly identical).   

2. Most ABDL printed diapers are premium cost and quality. There are a lot of times when I only need a diaper to last 4-5 hours.

3.   I can’t help but associate printed diapers with the casual ABDL crowd who enjoy wearing diapers but don’t want to be 24/7 or diaper dependent.  

I do own a small collection of ABDL diapers. Though I mostly save them for special events and times I want to feel little.   I also get that ABDL diapers may actually be a better value when you consider their absorbency. I also get that lots of vanillas wear “sexy underwear” that no one else will see because it makes them feel good.    And lastly, Northshore’s line of printed non-ABDL diapers blurs the line.   So yeah, it’s not binary.  

That said, give me a nice clean BetterDry and I’m content. 

• Like 7

I prefer a diaper that is one that I consider a “diaper“. Most of the “diapers“ that I have been shown since I started wearing in 2019 or not worth what they are made out of. They are not made out of anything quality, they don’t have any absorbency, they’re not built to last, and you can’t even fill them up fully without having them leak all over the ground, all over you, all over what you’re sitting on etc.

enter the NORTHSHORE mega Max: these “diapers“ are exactly what they are: “diapers“. A diaper to me is a plastic backed, soft, thick, Absorbent underwear that you can use to release whatever you’re holding in your bladder or bowels. It is not something that is really cheap, really quickly made, and not given any consideration for making them last. A mega max is designed for someone who severely incontinent, And I’m glad that I have these. The thing that really angers me is if I have to call my state Medicaid agency, and I have to “tell them what a diaper is” and “show them what a diaper is” then we really have a problem. I don’t exactly know why adult products have gone down the tubes in the last 10 or 12 years, but I’m glad that we now still have plastic backed diapers that are still being produced. A plastic backed diaper is more efficient, are comfortable, and more able to deal with what you were releasing.

@Enthusi Says that he likes the white diapers, that are not the “ABDL diapers”.  I Can understand that he wants that Medical diapers because of the fact that he thinks that the ABDL diapers are premium ones:  I can also understand why he wants the white ones. In my case, I don’t care whether they’re white, but I want them to be high-quality, and able to handle whatever is thrown at them or into them.  I also believe that part of the deal with wearing diapers is that because I am in Incontinent, because I need them, I enjoy the megamaxes, because they have the white the blue the black the pink the white and the tie-dye. I have always been of the opinion that since I need diapers, why not have the ability to change up the color every once in a while, because even if you have to wear diapers because you need to wear them, you might as well have fun and have different colors.

i’m not sure if there are any diapers that are thicker than a mega max, but if I ever find them, man they must be incredibly thick. I have some of the ones made by LFB, they are cute, and they are really fluffy, and because diapers function is to contain whatever you’re releasing, I believe that the best thing that diaper companies can do is to make the diaper the best they can, and make sure that there is appropriate padding, an appropriate odor control so that you can deal with whatever you were releasing. One of the things that I have learned over the last two years is that you need for your diaper disposal bags, which can come from. A place like NORTHSHORE, these bags smell good so that it masks the odor, and also hides the garment within them.

if you really want to know what a “plastic back diaper is“ you have to have access to such garments to make the comparison. I had to wait until I tried out the “junk ones“ before I can get to the plastic ones. Once I was able to prove that I needed more protection, then doors started open and I was able to get the diaper I wanted. I don’t think I would change that diaper choice, because that works for me, and make sure that I am able to function at the highest level.  I’ve tried the AB/DL diapers, and I like them, because they are thick, and they are fun, but if you really have to go somewhere, or do something, sometimes getting a white diaper is appropriate, but I like having all of the colors available from NORTHSHORE. Right now I am on my third or fourth bag of pink diapers, and I could still open nine more bags of the tie-dye ones, because that is what I got when I ordered the last time from my supplier. 

again, I want to be able to have my diapers available, use them as needed, and be able to have “fun“ while wearing my diapers. By a “fun“ I mean that I can decide what color or do you design I want to use. It makes me feel better because I have to use a diaper, so why not switch it up and make it look cool?

?❤️??????❤️?

Brian

• Like 1

I would say that medical diapers have their place, but I wear a diaper based on absorbency not on the design i have worn ABDL styled diapers to medical procedures that the doctor has had to see them moving the waist line down for spinal injection. They said nothing it is knowing that I have to use diapers as it is listed in my medical files. the only person i have ever had question the diapers was a nurse in the psych ward and that time I had a medical style diaper with me.  the question is why if I needed them would i just not ask the hospital for some. I stated I knew the absorbency of the ones i use and could sleep better not worrying about having to get up and change. i have told my psych about my little side. His response was that my childhood would never change as it is in the past. If I know that i will be in the hospital for more than a day I will pack a plain premium diaper instead of a designed diaper. It does lead questions from other patients if there is designs  

• Like 1

I don't get printed diapers.  Mostly store brands I get at Goodwill that are white, tan or light blue.  i do have some cloth backed TENA diapers that have their logos and printing, and Abena L4 with their special stripe, otherwise Betterdry is my preference for premium diapers.  I do admit the MEGA MAX in black look pretty cool!

• Like 1

I don't like medical diapers that claim to be "new and improved" yet have visibly weaker tabs which give way from their backing sheet after 20 minutes, and thinner padding meaning _more_ frequent changes (I'm looking at both Abena and Molicare here).  A tab that's stretchy, but held onto its backing sheet by 1cm is never going to last long... and yet here we are paying more $$$ and getting an inferior product to boot.

• Like 1

I guess I’d de-couple “printed” from “ABDL” to answer that.

There’s no way I’m interested in paying any kind of premium for a printed diaper.  I don’t spend my time gazing at them and I don’t need to hand my beloved any more ammunition to be fired at me in terms of “suspect” inclinations.  So, it's a combination of avoiding the price premium and keeping the peace with a partner who worries that juvenile-motif-equipped underwear might be misunderstood by the detectives ransacking our bedroom at the behest of concerned neighbors (she is super-paranoid).

Having said that, most “medical” diapers SUCK for long-term usage on mobile people: leaky, saggy and prone to disintegration on people who move around.

I’m using a mix of BetterDry, Rearz Hybrid Elite and Abena L4/booster right now: all plain but let’s face it, in my market at least, the BetterDry and Rearz are sold mainly into the ABDL market.  I’ve not seen them for sale on a “mainstream” continence product provider. 

The Abena is the least-worst “medical” nappy I’ve found but as @ozziebee mentioned, Abena tapes are fastened to their host nappies using a special blend of pixie dust and mindless optimism.  They've just jacked up prices by 5% which means I will re-evaluate the Abena also.

I’ve still got the “Mermaids” which are luridly decorated: that was really because there was no plain version of them available and I was curious to try a 7-liter capacity muscle-nappy.

One possible exception: I have a range of Omutsu cloth nappies that are all decorated.  The white ones just looked sooo boring…  I still think the penguin ones are super-cool...

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Enthusi said:

2. Most ABDL printed diapers are premium cost and quality. There are a lot of times when I only need a diaper to last 4-5 hours.

This, for me.

When using diapers for both, it makes zero sense to consistently use diapers that last longer than 4-5 hours (financially).

That said, I really did find myself craving something different from the usual medical no-name. I think in my next go-around I'll stock some ABDL diapers for fun, just to add some variety for fun's sake. ?

• Like 1

Yes I only wear medical diapers. When I am using my stent I am completely incontinent and wetting all the time or very frequently in small amounts. This allows me to wear diapers with moderate absorption capacity that are more discrete under clothes. This is important for me as I like to be incontinent when I am out in public or at the office. Also I have no AB feelings at all.

On average I use 3-4 Tena slips maxi medium during the day and 1 Seni Quattro size 2 for the night. The amount of diaper changes equals my normal bathroom routine when I am continent, so that’s fine for me.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, BabySpiderBoy said:

Me too!?☺️♥️?♥️?????

I prefer ABDL diapers over medical diapers because they are thicker, last longer and have more padding than medical diapers. Plus ABDL diapers have prints that make them feel like I am wearing adult underwear.

• Like 2

I went many years of not having a clue about ABDL diapers. There was a progression through the medical diapers as the condition worsened and hit the point where I'm now. When HDIS went to hell and you couldn't get a decent diaper to save your life from them, I switched to XP Medical. The current heavy-duty diaper from them is the Dry Care (formerly Dry 24/7). It's now a 12-hour diaper,although I think it's just a packaging thing. So, that's my main go to diaper.

I've discovered ABDL diapers last summer when I wanted something different and somewhat lighter. Just for kicks I ordered a case of Aquanauts from Northshore. They're just as good or maybe even better than the Dry's. I liked them so much that I bought another case. It's hard to decide which one to wear! But the Dry's are still the same go to. I can't tell the difference between them and the Megamax (function wise)). They seem to have the same feel, thickness, and absorbancy.

I wonder if the ABDL diapers are really that much thicker of if it's in the presentation and print design. I can go a long time in either the Aquanaut or the Dry, though the Aquanaut's material 1 is much stiffer.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Kawaharu said:

I prefer ABDL diapers over medical diapers because they are thicker, last longer and have more padding than medical diapers. Plus ABDL diapers have prints that make them feel like I am wearing adult underwear.

I LOVE thicker, crinkler diapers!?☺️?? Who wants to feel like they're wearing big boy underwear, when you can feel like you're wearing an diaper and feel like you're a baby?!?????♥️????????♥️??☺️???????♥️????

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, BabySpiderBoy said:

I LOVE thicker, crinkler diapers!?☺️?? Who wants to feel like they're wearing big boy underwear, when you can feel like you're wearing an diaper and feel like you're a baby?!?????♥️????????♥️??☺️???????♥️????

And that's why I prefer ABDL diapers over Medical diapers. ABDL diapers are thicker, crinkler and have prints that make them fun and makes me think I am wearing big kids underwear when in reality I am wearing a thick diaper like an adult baby. Even ABDL diapers give me the padding, safety, comfort and knowing that I am protected from adulthood and the potty monster. It's why being in ABDL diapers gives me the confidence of being an adult baby with no care about using the potty.

• Like 2

My most used, and best diaper is Tena Slip Active Fit Ultima, its medical, and plastic.
With a small booster it holds the entire day, 12+ hours with no problem.

I do wear ABDL diapers sometimes, but due to the capacity, they often leads to rashes, as you wear them for longer, so they are best used for when you gonna be drinking a lot, like beer etc..

I like thick diapers, but not so much when doing stuff that involves me moving my legs. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Dubious said:

My most used, and best diaper is Tena Slip Active Fit Ultima, its medical, and plastic.
With a small booster it holds the entire day, 12+ hours with no problem.

I do wear ABDL diapers sometimes, but due to the capacity, they often leads to rashes, as you wear them for longer, so they are best used for when you gonna be drinking a lot, like beer etc..

I like thick diapers, but not so much when doing stuff that involves me moving my legs. 

That makes sense!☺️???

• Like 1
On 2/22/2022 at 2:09 PM, Enthusi said:

Unpopular opinion?  I’m guessing I’m in the minority here but for the most part I gravitate towards medical diapers, especially white ones.  There are 3  reasons why: 

1. I feel that printed ABDL designs are superfluous when you wear 24/7 and the vast majority of time no one else sees your diaper.   Why would I pay for something I don’t need?  (Even if the costs are nearly identical).   

3.   I can’t help but associate printed diapers with the casual ABDL crowd who enjoy wearing diapers but don’t want to be 24/7 or diaper dependent.  

I do own a small collection of ABDL diapers. Though I mostly save them for special events and times I want to feel little.   I also get that ABDL diapers may actually be a better value when you consider their absorbency. I also get that lots of vanillas wear “sexy underwear” that no one else will see because it makes them feel good.    And lastly, Northshore’s line of printed non-ABDL diapers blurs the line.   So yeah, it’s not binary.  

That said, give me a nice clean BetterDry and I’m content. 

No, I don't prefer medical diapers. Mostly because when I was 10 I used to have to wear them before I went to bed every night. And it wasn't that I hated wearing them, it was just that they will make it out of this cheap plastic material and not very absorbent. And they would leak. Granted I did always feel safe when I was wearing them, but I would've liked them if they were thicker and absorbed more pee-pees. They were these light blue medical diapers. They looked very nice, and were one tape. Which looking back, I really like.?? And I always got a morning diapie change, which I LOVED!??? Even went poopie in them a couple times.????♥️? Unfortunately, I always had to go back to wearing big boy underwear during the day.? And that was very tough.????☹️ Another reason I don't like medical diapers is because they make me feel like a disabled person. And before everybody chews my ass out for saying that, I'm ACTUALLY disabled, so I can say that confidently.????? LOL!??? Anyway, I don't wanna feel like that, I'm pretty sure no one does. Moving on, having said that though, there are a few medical diapers I actually DO like. Case and point, the Northshore Supreme and the BetterDry. Those are awesome!???? And there all white diapers, which is super babyish!????♥️?? White is also my favorite color!?????♥️? I Prefer printed diapers because they actually make me feel like a baby. And takes me back to an time when I was just a little guy! And that baby diaper smell is SO intoxicating!!!!!??☺️♥️???♥️??????♥️??☁️ And their thick, bulky, crinkly, and comfy! And like I said before, make me feel like an baby!?☺️??♥️??????♥️?????♥️♥️??????️?️

• Like 1
On 2/25/2022 at 2:55 AM, BabySpiderBoy said:

No, I don't prefer medical diapers. Mostly because when I was 10 I used to have to wear them before I went to bed every night. And it wasn't that I hated wearing them, it was just that they will make it out of this cheap plastic material and not very absorbent. And they would leak. Granted I did always feel safe when I was wearing them, but I would've liked them if they were thicker and absorbed more pee-pees. They were these light blue medical diapers. They looked very nice, and were one tape. Which looking back, I really like.?? And I always got a morning diapie change, which I LOVED!??? Even went poopie in them a couple times.????♥️? Unfortunately, I always had to go back to wearing big boy underwear during the day.? And that was very tough.????☹️ Another reason I don't like medical diapers is because they make me feel like a disabled person. And before everybody chews my ass out for saying that, I'm ACTUALLY disabled, so I can say that confidently.????? LOL!??? Anyway, I don't wanna feel like that, I'm pretty sure no one does. Moving on, having said that though, there are a few medical diapers I actually DO like. Case and point, the Northshore Supreme and the BetterDry. Those are awesome!???? And there all white diapers, which is super babyish!????♥️?? White is also my favorite color!?????♥️? I Prefer printed diapers because they actually make me feel like a baby. And takes me back to an time when I was just a little guy! And that baby diaper smell is SO intoxicating!!!!!??☺️♥️???♥️??????♥️??☁️ And their thick, bulky, crinkly, and comfy! And like I said before, make me feel like an baby!?☺️??♥️??????♥️?????♥️♥️??????️?️

And that's why I prefer ABDL Diapers because they are thick, bulky and far more comfy than medical diapers. ABDL diapers makes me feel, young,  babyish and they constantly remind me why I belong in diapers. I prefer ABDL diapers because they remind me why I am an adult baby. Even some ABDL diapers are so thick, bulky and comfy that they make me waddle like a baby.

• Like 1

i was never a fan of the abdl prints. i can see why people like them, and i can appreciate the cuteness, but they're simply not for me. although i did buy a couple of bags of the northshore megamax tie-dye ones that are pretty groovy lol not sure how many more i'll buy, but they look fun!

IMO Megamax aren't really that great anymore.
They was great in the start, but after using them for a while, I have changed my mind.
The guards inside are way too high and have minimal effect. They often get flattened, and since they are so wide, you pee over them.
Northshore Supremes is so much better, they hold same amount as they are much better at wicking, and guards are normal size.
Here a 15 pack Supremes cost the same as a 10 pack Megamax.
Megamax has better plastic and tapes, and better fit, but they often leak and capacity is subpar. 

If I lived in the US, Northshore Supremes could be a replacement for Tena Ultima.
Supremes has about same capacity as Tena Ultima with a stuffer.

23 hours ago, diaperguy85 said:

i was never a fan of the abdl prints. i can see why people like them, and i can appreciate the cuteness, but they're simply not for me. although i did buy a couple of bags of the northshore megamax tie-dye ones that are pretty groovy lol not sure how many more i'll buy, but they look fun!

LOL!  I see that you are 35 years old.  Tie-Dye diapers and, "pretty groovy"?  C'mon!  I bet you're really an old fart who knew Timothy Leary, Bob Dylan and had huge bell bottom pants too!

1960s Flower Power Hippie PNG, Clipart, 1960s, Art, Artwork, Clip Art, Concert Hall Free PNG Download (imgbin.com)

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Born in1959, I prefer the good old fashioned cloth diapers I grew up (not really) in. Only difference now is that I use PUL waterprof covers instead of the sweaty vinyl "rubber pante" they used in the '60s. I've been tempted to try dispsable diapers but the desire isn't great enough since the system I use works just fine and there's nothing like the feeling of a nice soft cloth diaper pinned on.

• Like 1
On 2/22/2022 at 3:09 PM, Enthusi said:

There are a lot of times when I only need a diaper to last 4-5 hours.

This, I agree with. I have a big inventory of diapers, probably 2/3's printed ones and 1/3 white, although a lot of the white ones are what I would call "premium medical" or maybe "white DL" products, like the Megamax and Rearz Elite's and Select's and Inspire's. But I also have a stock of lower-end medical diapers from Prevail and Molicare that I use for gym diapers, or wear to cut the lawn or do something where I expect to be showering in the next few hours, because why waste a pricy premium diaper if I'm not going to be in it for 7 or 10 hours? 

I was raised in white Pampers but these days my tastes do include nice printed ones, though. But performance comes first. 

• Like 1