LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Seeking inspiration

DailyDi

I'm more than a week into a diet which is a feat in itself, but I've hit that hill where my body is in panic mode, and I'm weak, tired and hungry, My nutrition app says I should be loosing weight, but I don't have a scale I can use to verify that I am accomplishing anything.

Looking for some motivation!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DailyDi said:

I'm more than a week into a diet which is a feat in itself, but I've hit that hill where my body is in panic mode, and I'm weak, tired and hungry, My nutrition app says I should be loosing weight, but I don't have a scale I can use to verify that I am accomplishing anything.

Buying some scales might help then you'd have the verification that your efforts have been worth it and amount to something.

• Like 1

I have always regarded the motivation industry as a racket. If you have to 'import" your motivation then it is not authentic and cannot have any lasting effects. That is why dieters tend to yo-you

2 hours ago, DailyDi said:

I agree with @Apache Raccoon?❤️ You should buy yourself a scale that way you can have some measurement of your success. I know how it is, sometimes you don't feel like you're losing weight WHEN you're actually losing weight. So having a scale is a good idea.⚖️??☺️ And if you REALLY wanted to keep track of it, you could always count your calories. Although you may not want to keep track of it and I wouldn't blame you. LOL! Another good idea is to have a food journal to write down what you had, whether it be snacks, or breakfast, lunch, or dinner.??????❤️?☺️?????❤️

• Like 1

Scales can be counter productive. In the normal course there will be ups and downs in your weight and while you will get some positive motivation from when you drop some weight you will get discouraged every time your weight goes back up a little. Losing weight is like constantly taking 3 steps forward and two steps back. Over time those steps forward will add up. You're much better off without the scale. Just persevere with your diet and see where you are at your next doctor's appointment.

Hugs,

Freta

• Like 1

@AwakenEvil @DailyDi

I take inspiration in the fact that I feel better now that I have made changes in my life. By that I mean: one day I decided that I was going to clean my kitchen: when I mean I clean my kitchen I clean my kitchen. I cleaned out every cupboard that had food in it, throwing away old food and cleaning the entire cabinet from top to bottom all shelves all areas. Once I got there and done with that I was able to clean the shelves and sterilize and deodorize them. Then I reloaded them with everything I needed. I clean the counters, rearranged electronic appliances such as my air fryer, And then put my cutting board and a couple of hot plate holders on the counter so that I can use hot things on the counter. I end up taking all of my tools are used for my air fryer and put them with easier each, and then I had my brother go out and buy me several things that I can use in the air fryer.

I also have begun to eat many types of meat: I’ve eaten:  chicken, steak, turkey, french fries, and other types of different foods. I’ve also got a couple of packages of chicken thighs which I will be able to throw in there at some point maybe this weekend. I’ve also gone so far as to clean my bedroom, and today prior to my new recliner arriving, I took the old one out and moved it then I cleaned Everything under it and around it, and I also cleaned underneath my bed. Because of the way my apartment is situated, I have one or two plug-ins on the wall that I can use to power devices. Because I don’t want to end up with only two connectors, I have it set up so that I have strips in my apartment that I can hook to. I have one set of strips in the back, and then one Set of strips in the front. I take one set and plug in my wheelchair charger, and any of my other appliances that I need. Today when I cleaned up all of my cables, I realize that I didn’t really have as many as I thought, and it wasn’t as messy. So I took everything out of these and made sure that I had a connection in the “always on” plug-in underneath my bed or behind the chair, I saw that my power lift heat and massage can function in full power mode.

This morning when I remove my old recliner, I realized I had a humongous mess underneath it. Anyone who has furniture like a recliner probably realizes that there are things that gap between the cushion, or fall through to the floor. When I had my air conditioner removed in the end of 2021, I ended up cleaning the area around it, so I would not be as bad. This morning, all I had to do was take a hand broom and then sweep up all of the mess in the one small pile. Once I got that small pile into my desk pan, I just swept it into the dustpan, and then deposited in my main trash in my kitchen. I then ended up drawing a bucket of hot water with soap in it, and then used my mops to mop the entire floor around it so that I could get the dirt off of the floor. Once that was done I was easily able to clean up the remainder of what was under my bed in that position fix the bottom of my bed so it wouldn’t fall apart, and then by the time that happened, My chair had arrived, and two nice gentleman came in and set up my new chair according to my instructions, and they help me to set it so that I have it in the exact Place that my old recliner was, and then they tested the recline function and the lift function to make sure that I would be able to recline it all the way, and be able to lift it up all the way as well. So far, this thing is a dream in and of itself, and is the best thing that I think I’ve owned.

this is only the second recliner that I have on since I was 23 years old, actually it might’ve been my third - I don’t know if anyone Can’t understand or appreciate what I feel like today: I feel like a brand new man without awesome recliner, I feel like I’ve done everything that I need to do for the rest of the week, and I feel like I can actually relax and not worry about things at all. There are advantages to not having to worry about things that are on your mind.

Hang in there Mikey you’ll get there: slow steady and calculated, but you will get there I have faith in you!

Brian

I’ll give you the benefit, of some not so secret words of motivation, uttered many times, by many warm caring sweet persons. SNAP OUT OF IT!!! 

Lol, I think that should do it, and no need to thank me. ? 

It’s not easy, but don’t climb on your own back to much. You just do your best, and it’s not a contest, just keep putting your best foot forward. 
And don’t forget what I said, people have said, you know, the snapping out thing. ? ? Good luck!

1 minute ago, AbabeBill said:

I’ll give you the benefit, of some not so secret words of motivation, uttered many times, by many warm caring sweet persons. SNAP OUT OF IT!!! 

Lol, I think that should do it, and no need to thank me. ? 

It’s not easy, but don’t climb on your own back to much. You just do your best, and it’s not a contest, just keep putting your best foot forward. 
And don’t forget what I said, people have said, you know, the snapping out thing. ? ? Good luck!

Thanks. It seems my feelings this morning were part of a depression spike, had a rather bad day or crying and feeling like crap, but improving tonight. Didn't break the diet.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

Thanks. It seems my feelings this morning were part of a depression spike, had a rather bad day or crying and feeling like crap, but improving tonight. Didn't break the diet.

I know the feelings. I’m glad you’re doing better tonight. One of my favorite lines from SNL, Good Night, And Have A Pleasant Tomorrow! 
9D4CE75E-8E17-4CDF-90C9-7BA8C0F05C95.png

• Like 1
9 hours ago, DailyDi said:

In my experience once one fights their way over the initial weak/tired/hungry hill the diet battle gets easier.  And besides, after enduring the pain you don’t want to give in and make all the sacrificing to date for naught.

If losing weight is important you can do it.  You have to do it.

• Like 1

You can go by pant size. I have done that, since my work pants (dickies) dont streatch, they kept getting tighter, and harder to fasten, but my shorts and jeans were fine. SO, I decided I needed to drop some tonnage, went on a diet, of sorts,and lost a bunch, and my non stretchy work pants were fitting much better, and easier to put on!! ??

I kind of fell off the wagon..giving in to cravings and such...and yup!!! the old work pants are getting hard to fasten.......again..?? so I just need to stop feeding my cravings....and eat better...and stick more to MY diet........erf! 

Either that, or I'm gonna pop a button somewhere and it's not gonna be pretty!!

47 minutes ago, square_duck said:

You can go by pant size. I have done that, since my work pants (dickies) dont streatch, they kept getting tighter, and harder to fasten, but my shorts and jeans were fine. SO, I decided I needed to drop some tonnage, went on a diet, of sorts,and lost a bunch, and my non stretchy work pants were fitting much better, and easier to put on!! ??

I kind of fell off the wagon..giving in to cravings and such...and yup!!! the old work pants are getting hard to fasten.......again..?? so I just need to stop feeding my cravings....and eat better...and stick more to MY diet........erf! 

Either that, or I'm gonna pop a button somewhere and it's not gonna be pretty!!

you can also go by belt tightness, do you have more slack at the end of the belt? you got some progress

16 hours ago, DailyDi said:

one thing you need to keep in mind is that weightloss takes more than eating better and smaller portions, you have to have a physical component to it, you need exercise and you need to not do the same thing every time, your body gets use to it, mix it up, alternately taking a walk is always good. another important detail is that muscle is going to be heavier than fat, a scale might say one thing, but if your clothes fit looser, you might be gaining IN MUSCLE, but its still a weight loss because the fat comes off, and muscle helps to burn fat. dont forget to have some rest in with your exercise, when i was in karate and tai kwon do, it was said that muscles need time to heal.

12 hours ago, Crinklz Kat said:

Don't be this guy.

?

There is much truth in that meme!

8 hours ago, feralfreak said:

one thing you need to keep in mind is that weightloss takes more than eating better and smaller portions, you have to have a physical component to it, you need exercise and you need to not do the same thing every time, your body gets use to it, mix it up, alternately taking a walk is always good. another important detail is that muscle is going to be heavier than fat, a scale might say one thing, but if your clothes fit looser, you might be gaining IN MUSCLE, but its still a weight loss because the fat comes off, and muscle helps to burn fat. dont forget to have some rest in with your exercise, when i was in karate and tai kwon do, it was said that muscles need time to heal.

I'm trying to exercise, but its difficult due to a back issue that keeps me from being able to stand/walk more than 2 minutes without being in agony.

19 hours ago, FretaBWet said:

Scales can be counter productive. In the normal course there will be ups and downs in your weight and while you will get some positive motivation from when you drop some weight you will get discouraged every time your weight goes back up a little. Losing weight is like constantly taking 3 steps forward and two steps back. Over time those steps forward will add up. You're much better off without the scale. Just persevere with your diet and see where you are at your next doctor's appointment.

Hugs,

Freta

Yep, my mom has joined me in dieting and is pissed today as she has not cheated at all, but gained two pounds today.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, DailyDi said:

Yep, my mom has joined me in dieting and is pissed today as she has not cheated at all, but gained two pounds today.

This is exactly the reason to get rid of the scale.

• Like 1

Just ignore the scale (or smash it as some HAES (health at every size) advocates have done)- as others said, your weight fluctuates throughout the day and from day to day (don't forget about water weight and poop weight! ? JK idk how much that stuff affects weight).  As for the diet, stay strong and just keep swimming as Dory would say. ?

o-SMASH-THE-SCALE-facebook.jpg

• Like 1
19 hours ago, DailyDi said:

There is much truth in that meme!

I'm trying to exercise, but its difficult due to a back issue that keeps me from being able to stand/walk more than 2 minutes without being in agony.

you might look into one of those things that looks like the pedal part of a bike, i dont know what others call it but we call it a footbike, you can sit on the couch and pedal for exercise

On 2/11/2022 at 7:42 PM, DailyDi said:

From my experience you will have bad days but as you go along on a diet it gets easier if you don't fall off the waggon.  It takes a while because your stomack is used to being filled up and wants more.  If you eat only to a specific amount in your stomach (good healthy things) over time your body won't protest as much that it's not getting as much as it used to.

My doctor always said it's best to try and lose about 4 to 5 pounts a month, no more.  Any more and statistics show people put it right back on.  Loosing 20 pounds a month on a crash diet isn't a good thing.  I agree with the problem of excersizing with a bad back.  Instead try and occupy any time with a hobby that is expansive, meaning something you really like, takes a good part of your time and you can concentrate on.  Something you can jump right into and not want to stop.  If you lose interest, you will look for other things such as snacking while watching TV.  An idol brain is the devil's playground.  Once you start losing a few pounds each month your body will start to feel better.  Think of how much better that back will feel once you have dropped 50 pounds or more.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, feralfreak said:

you might look into one of those things that looks like the pedal part of a bike, i dont know what others call it but we call it a footbike, you can sit on the couch and pedal for exercise

I have one! I use it both as a foot bike and also for some arm exercise just to burn an extra calorie or two.

• Like 2

Don't smash the scale.  But don't become a slave to it either.  I try to weigh myself each morning after I'm done with my shower.   On weekdays the shower is the first thing I do, so measurement is as consistent as I can make it (no food/drink to skew results).   I don't do it every day, but having that consistent measurement is what will show progress or not.  

Also, if you are keeping a log, you will see a roller coaster effect... but over time you want to see it averaging down.  I was making really good progress from the end of 2020 into 2021 (went from over 330 down to the 280s, but then I hit a roadblock.  Over the past 2-3 months, I've even been going back up.  I'm hoping to turn that back around, especially as the weather warms up.   I.Especially.Have.To.Lay.Off.The.Snacks!   But that's so hard to do. 

• Like 3
On 2/11/2022 at 6:42 PM, DailyDi said:

Really?! That's awesome buddy!??????????☺️♥️?♥️??????❤️ I'm proud of you!??????? Keep up the good work!

• Like 1