LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Black Friday

DailyDi

So who's shopping Friday and what are you hoping to score?

I'm broke but also content so I won't be partaking. Only thing I was curious about was an air fryer, and my new oven does that so no gadget needed.

• Like 1

Not a shopping day for me- I have a deep disdain from experiences on Black Friday so I just use the day as a day to sleep off the turkey, food, and beers I have on Thanksgiving with friends... had a bad experience on Black Friday 1997 with some people trying to take things from MY CART at Walmart and since then I swore NEVER AGAIN will I do Black Friday.

BabyChris

• Like 1

No shopping here, I have most everything I need already....plus I have to work on that day ( long shift) so I don't need to wear myself out doing something I distain to begin with!! ??

• Like 1

I do all my Black Friday/Cyber Monday shopping online and only through stores that have site wide sales (like "Everything 25% off with code CyberMonday25"), usually smaller stores. I can't shop at places like Walmart or Amazon on Black Friday anymore. From my experience the "Black Friday Deal" is just the usual price of the item. About 2 weeks before Black Friday they shoot up the price significantly before lowering it back down with a 50% off sticker on it. In the end, you're paying the same amount for a product with a false sense of urgency because you think it's a good deal. A lot of the time, the product is something you wouldn't be buying anyway, or at the very least wouldn't be in a rush for.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, DailyDi said:

So who's shopping Friday and what are you hoping to score?

I'm broke but also content so I won't be partaking. Only thing I was curious about was an air fryer, and my new oven does that so no gadget needed.

@DailyDi

NOPE - NOT I - I could understand that people want to get really cool bargains, BUT I don't see a need to go to lets say Walmart, and then stand out in the weather for hours, and wait for the store to open at an UNGODLY hour because you want <INSERT ITEM HERE> and what happens is the store opens, and people are acting like a MOB, where they value the ITEM that they want over being CIVIL and kind and compassionate.  WHY would someone want an item SO BAD that people have been KILLED/trampled on, simply because a $500 item is $250?

I'd rather be able to go in, GET the $250 price for an item, and NOT end up at a HOSPITAL because some people act like FOOLS - I want an air fryer myself, but I would wait - Much safer :)

Brian

• Like 2

Oh I thought you'd never ask Mikey!? LOL!??? Black Friday is like the pinnacle of all shopping days for me. It's my favorite holiday!??? LOL!??? I'm going to buy a huge stack of Blu-Rays, like 10 or 12.???️⌨️?️❤️ That's what I usually do on Black Friday, and let's not forget Cyber Monday!????☺️ And there are tons of movies for me to buy because I haven't been to the movies this year at all really. So I'm super excited, plus I save money!????????? So that's always a good thing. Yep Cyber Weekend is definitely my favorite holiday! Every year it's usually a big haul! And I love it, SO much!!!!!!!!!!!?❤️?❤️?☺️?????????❤️???☺️?❤️??❤️☺️❤️?❤️?

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, kasarberang said:

I do all my Black Friday/Cyber Monday shopping online and only through stores that have site wide sales (like "Everything 25% off with code CyberMonday25"), usually smaller stores. I can't shop at places like Walmart or Amazon on Black Friday anymore. From my experience the "Black Friday Deal" is just the usual price of the item. About 2 weeks before Black Friday they shoot up the price significantly before lowering it back down with a 50% off sticker on it. In the end, you're paying the same amount for a product with a false sense of urgency because you think it's a good deal. A lot of the time, the product is something you wouldn't be buying anyway, or at the very least wouldn't be in a rush for.

I'm not so sure if I agree with that sentiment.?? I shop on Black Friday and Cyber Monday every year on Amazon, and usually their prices are very low. Especially when it comes to movies and blu-rays. They're usually like $5 to $8 a piece. So I always think that's a really good deal.? And if there's one thing I like, it's a good deal!!!!!!!!!!?????? I LITERALLY do all my shopping on that one weekend specifically. LOL!???? I hardly ever buy anything.☺️??❤️?❤️

• Like 1
3 hours ago, kasarberang said:

There is much wisdom here

3 hours ago, ~Brian~ said:

@DailyDi

NOPE - NOT I - I could understand that people want to get really cool bargains, BUT I don't see a need to go to lets say Walmart, and then stand out in the weather for hours, and wait for the store to open at an UNGODLY hour because you want <INSERT ITEM HERE> and what happens is the store opens, and people are acting like a MOB, where they value the ITEM that they want over being CIVIL and kind and compassionate.  WHY would someone want an item SO BAD that people have been KILLED/trampled on, simply because a $500 item is $250?

I'd rather be able to go in, GET the $250 price for an item, and NOT end up at a HOSPITAL because some people act like FOOLS - I want an air fryer myself, but I would wait - Much safer :)

Brian

As well as here!! ??

• Thanks 2
44 minutes ago, MegaChar said:

Running out on toilet paper, diapers, and lunch food.  Will see if I get a bargin this year

Yeah, I hope so too buddy! Especially on the diapers!????☺️❤️?❤️?????❤️????❤️?

• Like 1

@DailyDi

Well, I wasn't planning on this, but when my brother Mike came down here this afternoon, he turned on my living room TV, and POW - It died.  So, Mike helped me take it out of the living room cabinet, and went on a mission to find a replacement.  He found a SMART TV (walmart) and it is a 26", and ordered a replacement set - He will get it this afternoon, and this one cost $155 - $135 for the TV and $20 for a protection plan for 4 years.  The one that died was an insigna, and was 10+ years old, so it's served us well.  The TV that we replaced before that had a GREEN color on the screen from the moment we went and picked it up from the store - I had like 2 TV's that year, and I had to make a couple runs to New Hampshire Best Buy to get a replacement TWICE, and the final TV I got that year, was the one that blew something out today :)

I take care of my brothers when Needed, and give them tech knowledge, and when needed, they come through for me:  was a simple operation, and Mike took care of it :)

Thankful :)

Brian

Too many years in retail as a young man to want to have anything to do with Black Friday stuff...it just brings out the worst in people. Normally sane people behave crazy, and crazy people behave like....I can't even describe it with words...all for the sake of ...money...Saving a few measly dollars on overpriced "stuff" that the recipient isn't going to appreciate anywhere near as much as the giver would like them to... folks getting beaten, robbed, and sometimes even killed in the process. I remember the security guard who got trampled to death by a  mob of unruly shoppers a few years ago. Dude was a big guy, and tough...didn't matter. Dude got pancaked by the crowd. When I see the footage of the doors opening and the crowds rush in like water released from a dam, I just scornfully laugh at them...retail losers.  

2 hours ago, ~Brian~ said:

@DailyDi

Well, I wasn't planning on this, but when my brother Mike came down here this afternoon, he turned on my living room TV, and POW - It died.  So, Mike helped me take it out of the living room cabinet, and went on a mission to find a replacement.  He found a SMART TV (walmart) and it is a 26", and ordered a replacement set - He will get it this afternoon, and this one cost $155 - $135 for the TV and $20 for a protection plan for 4 years.  The one that died was an insigna, and was 10+ years old, so it's served us well.  The TV that we replaced before that had a GREEN color on the screen from the moment we went and picked it up from the store - I had like 2 TV's that year, and I had to make a couple runs to New Hampshire Best Buy to get a replacement TWICE, and the final TV I got that year, was the one that blew something out today :)

Nice brother! Smart TV's are nice if it's your first. You can get some apps that have good content for free. There's "Circle" that I use to watch the Grand Old Opry (Live) and Peacock for reruns of the office and Psych movies.

Yeah, in years past when I either worked second shift or had paid vacation time I would often go out and stand in line for a good Friday bargain.  One year I stood in line Thanksgiving day in the afternoon and bought 2 HP scanner/printers for $19 each.  One for me and one for my brother.  I remember back in 1984 standing in line at 4am to get a Cabbage Patch doll for  my brother's Godchild.  That was when you could hardly get one they were being sold out as soon as a store got them.  We had many more people to buy for back then and (for you young disbelievers), no internet or cyber Mondays.  I got some good deals on small stuff, never did the TV's, computers or gaming systems.  Back then I was younger and had more time and didn't mind fighting the crowds.  I'd still do it if I found something I needed at a great price, but at my age there isn't a lot I need that I don't have already.

I may still order some things on line once in a while, not because of convenience but because I can't get them in the stores in my areas.  I really enjoy going out of town for the day hitting all the stores and coming up with ideas for people because I saw something in a store that caught my eye.  I'd do that any day instead of sitting at a computer buying impersonal gift cards.  The fact that I am heavily diapered when shopping also adds to my enjoyment!

My store was pretty tame this year. Black Friday during the pandemic for our company has been way more controlled than in the past.

I think it helps that no knew game systems are out and most people are doing their shopping online. Or they're like me and they do their shopping ahead of time before the holiday season hits. 

7 hours ago, ~Brian~ said:

@DailyDi

Well, I wasn't planning on this, but when my brother Mike came down here this afternoon, he turned on my living room TV, and POW - It died. 

I'm dreading the day mine dies.... Panasonic Plasma. I bought it back in 2008 I think.  Best picture you'll ever see.   It's really sad they don't make them any more.    Not even "BF" specials would entice me to buy some of the junk that passes off as TVs these days.

23 hours ago, kasarberang said:

When KMART was in my area, they would put new price tags on every 50% off item, only thing they would raise the new price by 75%, and the unwise where paying 25% more than the orginal price. 

• Like 2

I want a new TV, but OLED is not an option and LED/LCD on the market is playing the lotto to get a good panel, so I'll be waiting to next year.

I also want a new Blu-ray player, but I only want "the one", and its not on sale.
Currently using PS3.

So this year I have spent about $10 on BF. (Saved 20...)

• Like 1

I guess I'm lucky.  Even though I do have a hi def TV now, I grew up in the 60's with an old 19 inch black and white TV that you always had to adjust the contrast and vertical hold (anyone younger than 35 has no idea what those were).  No remote so you had to get up and walk across the room to turn up the volume, change the channels and adjust the picture.  If someone turned on the electric mixer to make a cake, forget the thought of even seeing a picture until they were done.  Not to matter much, there were only 3 or 4 TV channels you could get if you had a good enough antenna and lived close enough to a broadcasting station.  If it rained hard, forget it.

I do enjoy the HD flat screen TV and Blu-ray player but growing up as I did, I have no desire to spend thousands of dollars on a top of the line entertainment system with surround sound and the clearest image of any TV in the world.

• Like 1